Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen 09:27 - May 21 with 35856 viewsitfcjoe

Rob Edwards seems to be the only name mentioned yet so presume there is something in that

If we want the most continuity I would be doing what it takes to get Michael Carrick out of Boro, he signed a new deal a week or so back and very bought into the project there but I really like him too. Very tough deal to do I imagine.

I think the Pl may be a step too far, but had we stayed down I'd have been all over Danny Rohl, he strikes me as the most McKenna like as a career coach, great experience and done a fantastic job at Sheff Weds, really impressive and seems to 'get it' judging by their fan base.

Also, another name not seen mentioned much is Steve Cooper, did really well in the mad house that is Nottingham Forest, great developer of young players and good PL experience.

I've seen a few say Graham Potter but he feels unrealistic when you see the jobs linked with, is still being paid an exorbitant amount by Chelsea so not sure we'd have the clout to attract him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:12 - May 21 with 1930 viewspositivity

hoping that rob edwards isa bit of a misdirect similar to all the talk about neil harris before mckenna came along...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:12 - May 21 with 1922 viewspointofblue

Seeing Ajax mentioned on another thread made me think - weren’t we linked to Maurice Steijn? Was it before we appointed McKenna?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:20 - May 21 with 1846 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:35 - May 21 by pointofblue

You have a well known issue with the likes of Chambers and Skuse, and raise it pretty often. No more than that. It was meant in jest, so apologies if offence taken.

Though, if you don’t mind me asking - are the ‘proper blokes’ etc digs down to them being mainstays of McCarthy’s team, and you weren’t a fan of him as manager, or because of the way we went down/subsequently performed in League One? Or a mix of both?

Are you bored or what?

Whereas you and other have well known issues with venerating them for the dark days.

Anyway the thread is about a possible new manager so why are you going off-topic? Again , any questions ask me directly via PM for example.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:24 - May 21 with 1815 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:30 - May 21 by chicoazul

Don’t understand quite why so many are anti Rob Edwards, he seems like a very good choice. Can’t imagine loads of people were closely watching Luton for clues to his style but even if they were it doesn’t mean he will play the exact same way here. Loads of coaching experience and a very good bloke by informed accounts.

I think the main things I'd say is he was excellent at FGR, won the league with them and took them up - since he jumped ship they've had back to back relegations so was clearly fighting against bad structure etc.

And then at Luton in the Champ, he played a totally different style to FGR, and effectively came in and worked with what was there rather than try and arrogantly implement his style on the squad.

His 2nd half of the season concerns me, but they lacked leadership after the Lockyer incident - I wouldn't say he's one I expected to go straight back into a PL job but good to read the sort of posts I've seen from their forums where all their fans want him to stay seemingly unreservedly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:24 - May 21 with 1806 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:20 - May 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

Are you bored or what?

Whereas you and other have well known issues with venerating them for the dark days.

Anyway the thread is about a possible new manager so why are you going off-topic? Again , any questions ask me directly via PM for example.

Very bored, but we’ll move on. Personally I thought it was a polite enough question.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:30 - May 21 with 1771 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:24 - May 21 by itfcjoe

I think the main things I'd say is he was excellent at FGR, won the league with them and took them up - since he jumped ship they've had back to back relegations so was clearly fighting against bad structure etc.

And then at Luton in the Champ, he played a totally different style to FGR, and effectively came in and worked with what was there rather than try and arrogantly implement his style on the squad.

His 2nd half of the season concerns me, but they lacked leadership after the Lockyer incident - I wouldn't say he's one I expected to go straight back into a PL job but good to read the sort of posts I've seen from their forums where all their fans want him to stay seemingly unreservedly

Not the progressive choice we need imo.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:35 - May 21 with 1755 viewsPhilTWTD

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:41 - May 21 by TheSweeny

Why no report then?

Is TWTD "independent", or not?

Do you think KmK leaves?

Was waiting for confirmation of an exit before putting out names of candidates. On balance I think he probably is going to leave, although had some info which suggested things might not be quite so clear-cut this morning.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:37 - May 21 with 1712 viewsCrayonKing

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:28 - May 21 by portmanking

John Terry? He's going to be the next Wayne Rooney. To be a modern-day manager you need to have intellect and man management skills. Something Terry lacks in both departments.

In fairness to JT he has been doing his apprenticeship as an assistant rather than jumping straight in to management like Rooney did, so should be better prepared if/when he does make the step up. Not saying he'll ever be a great manager or that I'd want him here, but at least he's putting the work in rather than just trading on reputation.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:39 - May 21 with 1672 viewsN2_Blue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:35 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Was waiting for confirmation of an exit before putting out names of candidates. On balance I think he probably is going to leave, although had some info which suggested things might not be quite so clear-cut this morning.

haha that a pretty big back track to cover yourself Phil.

Not a dig but you can't really be wrong now!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:42 - May 21 with 1626 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

Albert Stuivenberg - Assistant Manager at Arsenal?

Interesting article about him here:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5108792/2023/12/08/arsenal-albert-stuivenberg-p
R
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:42 - May 21 with 1624 viewsBossy

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:35 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Well well well.

Funny that even those with links have no idea. Basically nobody knows apart from those directly involved in the decisions.

One thing I am fairly confident is McKenna is talking to SOMEONE about moving on.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:45 - May 21 with 1554 viewsTheSweeny

Are you going to share this info? Isn't that the point of independent TWTD?
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:46 - May 21 with 1529 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Part of me hope he does move on and quickly.

Really don't want Town to be a fall back last resort position if he is genuinely intent on moving elsewhere so soon.

Feels like sacriledge even thinking that.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:47 - May 21 with 1516 viewsNthQldITFC

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:45 - May 21 by TheSweeny

I'd like to invite you to a party, but I'm not having one.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:48 - May 21 with 1490 viewsGlasgowBlue

You absolute tease with that last sentence.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:49 - May 21 with 1488 viewsPhilTWTD

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:45 - May 21 by TheSweeny

Just an indication that it's not all done and dusted. Not going to give the source.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:50 - May 21 with 1465 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:46 - May 21 by burnbudgiesburn

Really don't want Town to be a fall back last resort position if he is genuinely intent on moving elsewhere so soon.

I agree. We need things settled so we can build for next season. Not for McKenna to have the final say on certain matters then up sticks. If he’s going to go, I hope it’s today or tomorrow - the sooner the better.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:51 - May 21 with 1438 viewsPhilTWTD

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:42 - May 21 by Bossy

Well well well.

Funny that even those with links have no idea. Basically nobody knows apart from those directly involved in the decisions.

One thing I am fairly confident is McKenna is talking to SOMEONE about moving on.

I don't think it's done yet, which is probably why there is a lot of hedging from all sources, but Brighton appear confident of getting him.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:54 - May 21 with 1361 viewsN2_Blue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:51 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

I don't think it's done yet, which is probably why there is a lot of hedging from all sources, but Brighton appear confident of getting him.

"Brighton appear confident". Of course they have to appear confident. They're not going to appear otherwise.

Thats massivley differnt to indications coming directly from Mckenna or his team.

I'm more conident he's staying if this info is just coming from the Brighton side.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:54 - May 21 with 1362 viewsSwansea_Blue

A decent list that Joe. I'll nail my colours to the mast and say I'd push the boat out for Potter. He's the most natural fit imo, even ahead of Carrick. He's also a bloody good man manager/motivator. He'd be perfect to carry on the project. As you say though, he's getting linked with some huge teams (AC Milan the latest I saw), so if there's any truth in those links he's probably well out of our range.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:55 - May 21 with 1337 viewstcblue

I know it isn't in vogue to not be soiling my unders about it, but for the first time in I-don't-remember-how-long I have faith in our ownership and executive team that there's a pretty comprehensive runbook and up-to-date scouting information about McKenna's successor.

He will go, and although he's an incredibly special talent, he ain't bigger than the club.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:56 - May 21 with 1317 viewsPhilTWTD

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:48 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

You absolute tease with that last sentence.

Sorry! Was pretty much resigned to it being definite until conversation I had this morning, which suggested might not be quite so close.

Obviously, there's also the element of Man U and Chelsea being more attractive propositions. Not sure there's anything real in the Man U links but there is with Chelsea, albeit only one on a list of potential replacements if Poch moves on. If I were in KMc's position, I'd probably want to make sure that he's not a serious contender for that before making a decision to go to Brighton.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:57 - May 21 with 1305 viewsleitrimblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:51 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

I just called his family hotel an booked a room for the last weekend in August. I said to the women on the phone that I'm only booking it if Kieran is still Ipswich manager at the time. She answered in a lovely Fermanagh accent 'surely, why wouldn't he be'..
Think that confirms he's staying.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:57 - May 21 with 1275 viewsportmanking

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:46 - May 21 by burnbudgiesburn

It's right though, isn't it?

If Kieran's head is being turned after back-to-back promotions, an entire county falling in love with him and an ownership group that'll move heaven and earth for him, what's even the point in trying to keep him?

It'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth, personally. 90% of pundits are speaking out saying he should stay, other opportunities will crop up again etc. It's all true. He's 38 FFS, not 58. I hope he doesn't live to regret it if he goes.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:59 - May 21 with 1217 viewsN2_Blue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 12:56 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Sorry! Was pretty much resigned to it being definite until conversation I had this morning, which suggested might not be quite so close.

Obviously, there's also the element of Man U and Chelsea being more attractive propositions. Not sure there's anything real in the Man U links but there is with Chelsea, albeit only one on a list of potential replacements if Poch moves on. If I were in KMc's position, I'd probably want to make sure that he's not a serious contender for that before making a decision to go to Brighton.

Why do you make it out that he's desperate to get out. Oh so United and chelsea don't want me, ok i'll go with the Brighton option then.

To be honest i'm starting to find your comments making less and less sense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024