Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMc has spoken! 08:58 - May 22 with 4097 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

KMc's comments can be interpreted a number of ways, but given the hysteria i'm happy listening to this interview.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13141086/kieran-mckenna-non-committal-on-c
KMc has spoken! on 09:01 - May 22 with 3020 viewsGuthrum

It's not quite definitive, but it does sound very positive from an ITFC perspective.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

KMc has spoken! on 09:02 - May 22 with 2958 viewsStokieBlue

KMc has spoken! on 09:01 - May 22 by Guthrum

It's not quite definitive, but it does sound very positive from an ITFC perspective.

I thought he didn't say anything at all.

It was a superb example of non-committal responses from McKenna.

The thing is, he shouldn't be making committal responses in that type of interview so it was exactly as one would expect and I wouldn't read anything into it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

KMc has spoken! on 09:03 - May 22 with 2960 viewsSitfcB

Some are taking this quote the wrong way though…

“I know the club’s going to be in a really, really good place going into that season”

It’s just his usual way of speaking I thought.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

KMc has spoken! on 09:04 - May 22 with 2908 viewsHackneyblueboy

Yeah saying "the football club will be in a good place going into next season" isn't the same as saying he's looking forward to leading us in the prem next season is it.

That said, it's fairly positive. I think it probably supports what Phil has been saying. Hardly angling for a move away. I suspect he'll want to here what Brighton and/or Chelsea have to say but he'll make a rational decision.
KMc has spoken! on 09:05 - May 22 with 2852 viewsCotty

I'm not so sure it says anything. As normal, he speaks really well, but essentially manoeuvres around the question. For the record, I suspect we've got one more year of McK joy.
KMc has spoken! on 09:06 - May 22 with 2809 viewsbalcombeblue

KMc has spoken! on 09:04 - May 22 by Hackneyblueboy

Yeah saying "the football club will be in a good place going into next season" isn't the same as saying he's looking forward to leading us in the prem next season is it.

That said, it's fairly positive. I think it probably supports what Phil has been saying. Hardly angling for a move away. I suspect he'll want to here what Brighton and/or Chelsea have to say but he'll make a rational decision.

He said exactly the right thing didn't he?

He is excellent at batting these types of questions away. I expect he is completely focussed on Ipswich until the day he signs for another club, at which point he will be completely focussed on them. Totally professional.

Brighton does seem like a great move for him, I think we just need to hope that Brighton opt for someone else.
KMc has spoken! on 09:09 - May 22 with 2662 viewsGuthrum

KMc has spoken! on 09:02 - May 22 by StokieBlue

I thought he didn't say anything at all.

It was a superb example of non-committal responses from McKenna.

The thing is, he shouldn't be making committal responses in that type of interview so it was exactly as one would expect and I wouldn't read anything into it.

SB

He does, however use 'we' throughout, rather than "Ipswich". He's not mentally detached himself from the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

KMc has spoken! on 09:11 - May 22 with 2595 viewsCotty

KMc has spoken! on 09:09 - May 22 by Guthrum

He does, however use 'we' throughout, rather than "Ipswich". He's not mentally detached himself from the club.

That's a good point.
Login to get fewer ads

KMc has spoken! on 09:11 - May 22 with 2573 viewsGeoffSentence

KMc has spoken! on 09:05 - May 22 by Cotty

I'm not so sure it says anything. As normal, he speaks really well, but essentially manoeuvres around the question. For the record, I suspect we've got one more year of McK joy.

I think he may be looking at a career in politics once his football days are over.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

KMc has spoken! on 09:13 - May 22 with 2531 viewstractorboy1978

Not sure what people expect. He's always really careful with his words and is clever enough to know you can't write cheques you might not end up cashing.

Even if he stays, he will be negotiating a new contract (as mentioned on another thread last night) so he's not going to weaken his hand when it comes to that.
KMc has spoken! on 09:15 - May 22 with 2443 viewsfooters

KMc has spoken! on 09:11 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

I think he may be looking at a career in politics once his football days are over.

God. His unknown views on cheese and salad cream are already stoking worries, let alone an Ulsterman's political leanings!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

KMc has spoken! on 09:18 - May 22 with 2379 viewsbelgablue

KMc has spoken! on 09:11 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

He'd have my vote.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

KMc has spoken! on 09:19 - May 22 with 2356 viewsHighgateBlue

He's wearing a nice blue tie in the pics of him holding the trophy!

(chooses to ignore that Chelsea and Brighton both wear blue on occasion...)

In all seriousness, de Zerbi to Chelsea, Poch to Man Utd, and Farioli to Brighton. Job done, Kieran stays, never in doubt, keeps us up, same speculation next year. Only then do we worry!
KMc has spoken! on 09:19 - May 22 with 2346 viewsbaxterbasics

I’m feeling positive but it’s not quite the “I’m not f*ing leaving!!” we were looking for.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

KMc has spoken! on 09:24 - May 22 with 2225 viewsLibero

KMc has spoken! on 09:03 - May 22 by SitfcB

Some are taking this quote the wrong way though…

“I know the club’s going to be in a really, really good place going into that season”

It’s just his usual way of speaking I thought.

Very much par for the course- I’m surprised at just how broadly people have lost their heads and decided he’s leaving.

It’s too early in his career for a Chelsea/United.
Brighton would be a no brainer if we failed to get promoted but they’re essentially what we’re aiming for in 2-4 years time, so the value in jumping ship is minimal.
I’d be very shocked to see him leave tbh, there aren’t many clubs like Ipswich Town at the moment and that’s down equally as much to gamechanger and Ashton as it is Kieran McKenna.

I wasn’t alive at the time but my Great Uncle has told me that every summer Sir Bobby was linked with big names- we need to get used to the fact that having one world football’s brightest managerial prospects will mean he is *regularly* linked to other clubs.

Anyway, he’d be crackers to leave- Teddy Bishop is back to full fitness next month.
KMc has spoken! on 09:25 - May 22 with 2193 viewsRobTheMonk

He could be a politician with a statement like that!
KMc has spoken! on 09:25 - May 22 with 2166 viewsbrazil1981

Keeping options open in case Man Utd sack EVT next week and make a move?
KMc has spoken! on 09:27 - May 22 with 2136 viewsBogblue

But according to what several people said yesterday, Phil’s comment that KM was “increasingly likely” to leave us for Brighton, something he was hearing from a great many sources, had thrown those people into the depths of gloom because it meant KM was indeed almost certainly off.
[Post edited 22 May 9:40]
KMc has spoken! on 09:27 - May 22 with 2123 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

“But that’s not where my focus is tonight, it’s about what we’ve achieved last season, what we’ve achieved over the last couple of seasons, not just myself but everyone at the football club.

“It’s been a wonderful couple of years and tonight’s about celebrating that. I know everyone’s looking forward to next season and I know the club’s going to be in a really, really good place going into that season.”

It's we in the past and the club in the future....think he's off or at best made no commitment to us.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

KMc has spoken! on 09:32 - May 22 with 1981 viewsITFCBlues

I actually think the opposite - he could've come out and said that he's here to stay & that'd end the rumours but he's essentially not ruled it out so anything is possible.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

KMc has spoken! on 09:34 - May 22 with 1936 viewsCaptainAhab

Short of saying that he's got unfinished business with Town I think this is about as good as it could've been. We all know McKenna is far too smart to give much away to Journos but it reads positively to me.
KMc has spoken! on 09:35 - May 22 with 1914 viewsElderGrizzly

KMc has spoken! on 09:32 - May 22 by ITFCBlues

I actually think the opposite - he could've come out and said that he's here to stay & that'd end the rumours but he's essentially not ruled it out so anything is possible.

Which he'd be stupid to do. Why burn any bridges given careers are short-lived.
KMc has spoken! on 09:38 - May 22 with 1795 viewsBossy

Not reassuring.

That is exactly what you would say if you didn't want to say anything definitive.

"There was always going to be speculation, but that's not where my focus is tonight".

He's off if a good offer comes in, be in no doubt.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

KMc has spoken! on 09:39 - May 22 with 1756 viewsITFCBlues

KMc has spoken! on 09:35 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

Which he'd be stupid to do. Why burn any bridges given careers are short-lived.

Well yeah - but that's my point, it wasn't positive.

Anything is still possible.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

KMc has spoken! on 09:41 - May 22 with 1698 viewspointofblue

KMc has spoken! on 09:09 - May 22 by Guthrum

As someone else said, he uses “we” for the past and “the club” for the future, so perhaps he is slightly mentally detached from us already. Or at least doesn’t want to say anything which will put off potential suitors.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024