Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna keen on Chelsea job 22:09 - May 22 with 10409 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13449069/Kieran-McKenna-Mauri
[Post edited 22 May 22:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:40 - May 22 with 2217 viewsSitfcB

The Sun, The Times and ‘I’ are reporting Man Utd want Poch/Poch wants United.

COYB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:41 - May 22 with 2206 viewsNeedhamChris

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:36 - May 22 by portmanking

It's not quite as easy as that. His representatives HAVE crossed the line, even in McKenna's eyes. But what can he really do? Call up every newspaper and ask them to politely delete their stories? I think not.

Our club is currently being made to look like the last kid being picked when this close season was meant to have been one of rebirth, resurgence and vigour.

I'm finding it very difficult to find sympathy for him at this moment in time.

Another week of this and there'll be quite the relationship rebuild needed should this all not pay off and no Man Utd/Chelsea offers are forthcoming.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:41 - May 22 with 2194 viewsMattinLondon

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:29 - May 22 by Bossy

I know people will say it’s “how it works” etc but it’s starting to really take the sheen off the last couple of years.

This can’t be anything but damaging for us. Him and his team are basically courting the hell out of other clubs in the same league as us. We need to get on with finding a replacement that actually wants to manage us.

I’m starting to resent him.

That says a lot about you if some tabloid speculation taints what KM had done to the club.

Nobody has a clue what’s going on - especially some of the posters on here who all appear a massive hard-on to moan about something new.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:42 - May 22 with 2187 viewsLankHenners

Reads like a continuation of what his agent's been feeding to the press all week. Clearly trying to force a move or at worst a bumper deal here.

I take all the points about no loyalty in football, it's dog eat dog, managers have to look after themselves etc. but this really is one of those facets of the sport that I find really quite distasteful. Having this all played out in public because his 'people' mouth off to the media every 5 minutes is miles away from our 'culture' of heads down, perfect respect for each other, work towards a common goal etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:43 - May 22 with 2167 viewsSitfcB

Terry Hunt says…

COYB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:44 - May 22 with 2138 viewsSitfcB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:42 - May 22 by LankHenners

Reads like a continuation of what his agent's been feeding to the press all week. Clearly trying to force a move or at worst a bumper deal here.

I take all the points about no loyalty in football, it's dog eat dog, managers have to look after themselves etc. but this really is one of those facets of the sport that I find really quite distasteful. Having this all played out in public because his 'people' mouth off to the media every 5 minutes is miles away from our 'culture' of heads down, perfect respect for each other, work towards a common goal etc.

Indeed.

We’ve gone from hardly anything leaking in the press about us to it turning into a national media circus.
[Post edited 22 May 22:53]

COYB

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:44 - May 22 with 2135 viewsNeedhamChris

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:41 - May 22 by MattinLondon

That says a lot about you if some tabloid speculation taints what KM had done to the club.

Nobody has a clue what’s going on - especially some of the posters on here who all appear a massive hard-on to moan about something new.

It's not purely speculation - you have to be incredibly naive to not understand this is now a deliberately created bidding war orchestrated by KMc's agents.

It's possible to be nuanced. Will it taint it? Yes, it will. Bit ludicrous to say it wouldn't. That being said, it'll have still been an amazing two and a half years and he'll be a hero forever. So it won't ruin it, but will leave a bit of a bitter aftertaste.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:52 - May 22 with 1998 viewsBossy

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:43 - May 22 by SitfcB

Terry Hunt says…

That’s hope speaking.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Login to get fewer ads

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:55 - May 22 with 1948 viewsBossy

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:41 - May 22 by MattinLondon

You have to get better at reading between the lines. We know he’s interested in leaving and we know he’s getting linked to at least 3 jobs. As he was linked to Crystal Palace (which also turned out to be true, he was in advanced talks).

Yes it may well be his agents but it’s HIS agents working on his behalf.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:02 - May 22 with 1859 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:43 - May 22 by SitfcB

Terry Hunt says…

I agree.

As i've said earlier. Only club i believe Mckenna gos to is UTD but i'm not sure they offer it to him. I'm rather hopeful that Poch will go there now Chelsea have binned him.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:05 - May 22 with 1824 viewsEuropablue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:42 - May 22 by LankHenners

It takes two sides to have some loyalty. If you do well at a club you will generally be given a lot of extra rope, but if you are taking a club down that you previously managed to comfortable safety, you can't expect that much loyalty. Just look at Farke who rewarded the loyalty with promotion and another relegation season barely competing for points.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:17 - May 22 with 1707 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:11 - May 22 by Woolfenthen

In the Mail so must be true

Would have been true if it was The Guardian, eh?
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:17 - May 22 with 1705 viewsessexpaul64

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:12 - May 22 by portmanking

FFS just GO Kieran. I'm now literally at the point where I just want the sodding band aid ripped off now. Your representatives are tarnishing your legacy, pal.

What's even the point of a middle-sized club having success these days?

If he goes to Utd or Chelsea, how long will he be given there before they start looking elsewhere. Without sounding ill of McKenna he hasnt actually won anything yet.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:27 - May 22 with 1615 viewsReus30

The delight from the promotion is just dead. I'm drained with it to be honest. His agents have done a great job of making me dislike the man who I thought was god.

What must the players be thinking?! They busted their nuts off for two seasons and there on their hols reading ALL the back pages seeing this guff and then he potentially might just walk away.

If he waited and got the Man Utd job I would just give him a little kiss on the cheek and let him walk away with love in my heart.

But now, his agent has made me went to dropkick the guy I heralded as god less than 2 weeks ago. 2!

I hate football. I just hate it. This is why we can't have nice things
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:31 - May 22 with 1581 viewsPhilTWTD

Just written up my current take on the situation. Think Enzo Maresca is the top target at Chelsea. McKenna certainly a strong contender though. I'm sure the relative stability at Town and the opposite situation at Chelsea would come into his thoughts if things get more serious.

McKenna Among Chelsea's Top Targets 22nd May 2024 23:27
Town boss Kieran McKenna is one of Chelsea’s top targets as they look to replace Mauricio Pochettino, who left by mutual consent earlier this week. 84

This post has been edited by an administrator
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:34 - May 22 with 1534 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:27 - May 22 by Reus30

The delight from the promotion is just dead. I'm drained with it to be honest. His agents have done a great job of making me dislike the man who I thought was god.

What must the players be thinking?! They busted their nuts off for two seasons and there on their hols reading ALL the back pages seeing this guff and then he potentially might just walk away.

If he waited and got the Man Utd job I would just give him a little kiss on the cheek and let him walk away with love in my heart.

But now, his agent has made me went to dropkick the guy I heralded as god less than 2 weeks ago. 2!

I hate football. I just hate it. This is why we can't have nice things

Dislike the man? It is all about money and he is the same like everyone else.

We can have nice things. We have had back-to-back promotions following the long, painful years of Evans' syphilis.

Even if McKenna goes we still have a club in the Premier League.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:40 - May 22 with 1467 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:22 - May 22 by SitfcB

If he goes to Chelsea then he’s not the man I thought he was.

Chelsea is the job I would want to be honest.

A very good squad who he could get playing and competing. If he's smart he would have it in his contract about what he needs to achieve.

I know it won't be popular but of the three jobs, trying to look at it from his perspective, that's the one I would want.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:47 - May 22 with 1406 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:40 - May 22 by J2BLUE

Chelsea is the job I would want to be honest.

A very good squad who he could get playing and competing. If he's smart he would have it in his contract about what he needs to achieve.

I know it won't be popular but of the three jobs, trying to look at it from his perspective, that's the one I would want.

You're nuts then.

Chelsea are the worst thing abot football. I billion spent, players on 8 year contracts. Managers given zero time (potter) or stil dispended with just as making headway (Poch)

Squad full of egos. I mean Poch isnt a bad manager but look how long it took him to get a tune out of some players that came for big money and literally took the pi ss in terms of performance.

if i was a 50 yo wanting a challnege maybe. As an up and coming next big thing in football this is about the worst job he could so. Starts badly he gets sacked after 3 months.

United maybe a bit of a car crash currently but they don't sack managers easily to be fair. They all get time

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:53 - May 22 with 1342 viewspointofblue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:47 - May 22 by N2_Blue

You're nuts then.

Chelsea are the worst thing abot football. I billion spent, players on 8 year contracts. Managers given zero time (potter) or stil dispended with just as making headway (Poch)

Squad full of egos. I mean Poch isnt a bad manager but look how long it took him to get a tune out of some players that came for big money and literally took the pi ss in terms of performance.

if i was a 50 yo wanting a challnege maybe. As an up and coming next big thing in football this is about the worst job he could so. Starts badly he gets sacked after 3 months.

United maybe a bit of a car crash currently but they don't sack managers easily to be fair. They all get time

The only difference is Chelsea have done the rip and rebuild. Pochettino proved at the end of his run that the groundwork has been completed. McKenna can go in there and build on that.

At United, none of the structural work is really in place. The squad seems bloated, demoralised and has seen off numerous managers. The rip and rebuild still has to be done, and McKenna hasn’t really experienced that yet. Cook had done the majority of the work here on that score.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:53 - May 22 with 1347 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:34 - May 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Dislike the man? It is all about money and he is the same like everyone else.

We can have nice things. We have had back-to-back promotions following the long, painful years of Evans' syphilis.

Even if McKenna goes we still have a club in the Premier League.

Actually, I don't think it's all about money, I think it's about career progression. Money will come into it to a degree, of course, but I think testing himself at the highest possible level is Kieran's main concern.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:59 - May 22 with 1281 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:31 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Just written up my current take on the situation. Think Enzo Maresca is the top target at Chelsea. McKenna certainly a strong contender though. I'm sure the relative stability at Town and the opposite situation at Chelsea would come into his thoughts if things get more serious.

Town boss Kieran McKenna is one of Chelsea’s top targets as they look to replace Mauricio Pochettino, who left by mutual consent earlier this week. 84

Surely Maresca would jump at it with Leicester potentially facing a points reduction?
[Post edited 23 May 0:04]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:02 - May 23 with 1255 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:59 - May 22 by J2BLUE

Surely Maresca would jump at it with Leicester potentially facing a points reduction?
[Post edited 23 May 0:04]

You might well be right. But Chelsea's chaotic background might put him - and McKenna, of course - off.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:05 - May 23 with 1201 viewsITFCBlues

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 23:31 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

One paper, I can't recall which now as there's been so many rumours today, suggested that he wouldn't be put off by the turmoil of Chelsea.

How long can we let this rumble on for is the question? If we're realistic, we've got a lot of transfer business that needs doing before the season starts and no player would want to come here not knowing what the situation is.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:21 - May 23 with 1100 viewsITFC_History

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:02 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

You might well be right. But Chelsea's chaotic background might put him - and McKenna, of course - off.

McKenna is now favourite to be the next Chelsea manager according to the bookies.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/chelsea/next-permanent-ma
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 00:22 - May 23 with 1095 viewsitfcsuth

Naturally.

It’s a huge club with both domestic and European success, huge financial powers and a young talented squad of a high level.

Have to take the rose tints off a little here, of course he would be keen on the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024