Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have to say 11:27 - May 23 with 13197 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The longer this goes on with no approach, the more I start to think that he’ll stay.
If Brighton, or for that matter Chelsea had any inkling that he would accept, then the longer we go without any offer the less likely that becomes.

The fly in the ointment is Man U are lining him up on SAFs recommendation.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I have to say on 17:38 - May 23 with 2110 viewslazyblue

I feel nothing will be announced until Town get new manager confirmed.

After the highs of promotion I never thought this could happen (so soon anyway).
I have to say on 17:51 - May 23 with 2041 viewsOne_Bobby_Petta

Seems to me most of these stories are just regurgitated versions of the original few, each story surely isn’t because a new source has heard and leaked something to the press ?
I hadn’t thought about, and quite rightly to who ever pointed it out that perhaps the lack of noise from KMC is because he’s waiting for assurances from thew club re squad, transfer funds etc
I’d be surprised if they did come out and say something about the speculation but that one line in the sky sports interview “the club will be in a really really good place” just leaves the door open. That may well have been KMC using it to lever the ITFC Board in the direction he wants - only time will tell
I’m enjoying the excitement after years of misery
[Post edited 23 May 17:53]
I have to say on 17:53 - May 23 with 2030 viewsMK1

I have to say on 11:29 - May 23 by gordon

My guess is that he'll be Chelsea manager by the end of tomorrow.

Man Utd on Monday.
I have to say on 17:54 - May 23 with 2027 viewsPhilTWTD

I have to say on 15:38 - May 23 by Pencilpete

Phil said they weren't impressed and unless any of us actually sit on the board we don't know to what level ..... hence the statement starting "it might be"

I was speculating, so again i don't know how you can call it nonsense

I didn't say quite that, I said I was sure the poster who said something along those lines re the agent 'noise' would be right in his assumption.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I have to say on 17:56 - May 23 with 1990 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have to say on 11:39 - May 23 by leitrimblue

He's going nowhere

Are there any odds available on this?

Also can you pop to his parents' place again and put some pressure on?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I have to say on 17:59 - May 23 with 1979 viewsPhilTWTD

I have to say on 14:24 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine Ed Schwartz will be making his feelings known to Ashton as well. Doubt this supposed quarouple contract package has been done without his input. May time to make use of Simon Sports clout to focus his agents minds on our potential and how Keiran can grow with us.

I don't think there's anything in the quadruple package report. I'm sure they are putting together a new contract offer, however.
I have to say on 18:19 - May 23 with 1837 viewsN2_Blue

I have to say on 17:59 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

I don't think there's anything in the quadruple package report. I'm sure they are putting together a new contract offer, however.

I agree. I don't know why everyone is believing this massive contract offer. Seems to of started as socal media rumour, reached the press and now everyone is quoting it as fact.

I just can't see that we've made an offer of a contract quadrupling Mckenna's wage. I'm not syaing its not worth it (i would be very happy to offer that if it meant Mckenna stayed) but i just don't think we'd make that kind of offer currently. We don't even know that Mckenna wants to leave or is interested in signing a contract elsewhere yet.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I have to say on 18:31 - May 23 with 1803 viewsBossy

I have to say on 11:54 - May 23 by textbackup

How have you never heard that statement?

I remember back in 99/00 sheepshanks saying we were playing catch up on those clubs that went up in the top 2…

And read/heard it every year since with various other teams. Including us, last season.

I mean it's literally how the calendar works, we have more time to plan for the next season. That's just a basic fact of how time works.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Login to get fewer ads

I have to say on 16:38 - May 24 with 1589 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have to say on 14:24 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine Ed Schwartz will be making his feelings known to Ashton as well. Doubt this supposed quarouple contract package has been done without his input. May time to make use of Simon Sports clout to focus his agents minds on our potential and how Keiran can grow with us.

So Big Ed is here already. He was behind Cook's sacking and playe spretty hard. Hope he pulls this off.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I have to say on 16:42 - May 24 with 1563 viewsleitrimblue

I have to say on 17:56 - May 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are there any odds available on this?

Also can you pop to his parents' place again and put some pressure on?

That's why I'm so confident Banksy. I'm parked up in the hotel car park and I'm not leaving til Mckenna signs a new contract or his family take out a restraining order.
I have to say on 16:46 - May 24 with 1525 viewsChurchman

I have to say on 18:19 - May 23 by N2_Blue

I agree. I don't know why everyone is believing this massive contract offer. Seems to of started as socal media rumour, reached the press and now everyone is quoting it as fact.

I just can't see that we've made an offer of a contract quadrupling Mckenna's wage. I'm not syaing its not worth it (i would be very happy to offer that if it meant Mckenna stayed) but i just don't think we'd make that kind of offer currently. We don't even know that Mckenna wants to leave or is interested in signing a contract elsewhere yet.

I think it’s a red herring tbh. I’m sure the club would have renegotiated his contract anyway.
I have to say on 20:41 - May 24 with 1361 viewsbluejacko

I have to say on 16:42 - May 24 by leitrimblue

That's why I'm so confident Banksy. I'm parked up in the hotel car park and I'm not leaving til Mckenna signs a new contract or his family take out a restraining order.

No chicken and chips for you then😂
I have to say on 20:49 - May 24 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

I have to say on 16:38 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

So Big Ed is here already. He was behind Cook's sacking and playe spretty hard. Hope he pulls this off.

Didn't realise that,we hadn't seen much of him at that point as was mostly the 3 Lions

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I have to say on 21:24 - May 24 with 1251 viewsPhilTWTD

I have to say on 16:38 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I doubt that was ultimately down to him, he's the representative of the pension fund, I suspect they may have had the final say there.
I have to say on 22:11 - May 24 with 1117 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have to say on 21:24 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

I doubt that was ultimately down to him, he's the representative of the pension fund, I suspect they may have had the final say there.

As I understood it, and I can't remember the source, Ed was at the fans forum with Cook just three weeks or so before he was sacked and was none too impressed with him. When results didn't improve he put the pressure on Ashton to sack him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I have to say on 22:13 - May 24 with 1109 viewsLankHenners

I have to say on 21:24 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

I'm sure Ashton said it was himself that floated the idea of sacking Cook to the board and they agreed with him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I have to say on 22:19 - May 24 with 1078 viewsHciwspi

I have to say on 12:12 - May 23 by itfcjoe

I agree with most of that, but just not sure we'd have done nothing to prep - part of the prep is all the facilities work that is being done and occupies bandwidth with regards to executive time.

But think it's right re Man U - Chelsea - Us

Not really sure we should be his third choice. He’s either all in ITFC or he goes as far as I’m concerned. If we’re third choice I don’t think he’d be 100% ITFC
I have to say on 00:08 - May 25 with 957 viewsOlcol

I have to say on 22:19 - May 24 by Hciwspi

Not really sure we should be his third choice. He’s either all in ITFC or he goes as far as I’m concerned. If we’re third choice I don’t think he’d be 100% ITFC

Man Utd is his first choice, but he is 3rd in line. SAF would love him there but in a couple of years time. Chelsea is a basket case, he does not have the experience to control the ego's there. A dark cloud of creative accounting also to hanging over the club.
Brighton is more a side ways move, we could be above them in a year or two.
Kieran is staying with us. Just my opinion.
I have to say on 06:58 - May 25 with 785 viewsHerbivore

I have to say on 22:19 - May 24 by Hciwspi

Then despite him being here for 2 and a half years, you don't understand Kieran McKenna. As long as he is our manager - whether that's one more week, one more year, or longer - he will give the job 100%. That's just how he's built. His representatives are seeing what else is out there and it's not hard to understand why we can't compete with the likes of United if they do make him an offer, that doesn't mean that if an offer doesn't materialise that he's not going to give it his all here. That's not how he operates.
[Post edited 25 May 7:46]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I have to say on 07:21 - May 25 with 761 viewsChurchman

I have to say on 06:58 - May 25 by Herbivore

Then despite him being here for 2 and a half years, you don't understand Kieran McKenna. As long as he is our manager - whether that's one more week, one more year, or longer - he will give the job 100%. That's just how he's built. His representatives are seeing what else is out there and it's not hard to understand why we can't compete with the likes of United if they do make him an offer, that doesn't mean that if an offer doesn't materialise that he's not going to give it his all here. That's not how he operates.
[Post edited 25 May 7:46]

From what we’ve seen from afar, I suspect you are right about McKenna’s nature and work ethic. All the evidence points to that.

Nor do I have a problem with his representatives seeing what’s out there, assuming that’s how the world of professional football works. The problem is that we just don’t know enough about any of this. Even those closer to things are in the dark.

I confess I do see where people are coming from with their views on stay/go etc. but until we know what the situation is, how this truly came about, his wishes, how the club, McKenna and his representatives dealt with it any comments are understandable but baseless feelings.

What is not baseless is the potential detrimental effect on this club if it drags on any longer. It is ITFC best interests I care about.
I have to say on 07:28 - May 25 with 747 viewsMK1

I have to say on 07:21 - May 25 by Churchman

From what we’ve seen from afar, I suspect you are right about McKenna’s nature and work ethic. All the evidence points to that.

Nor do I have a problem with his representatives seeing what’s out there, assuming that’s how the world of professional football works. The problem is that we just don’t know enough about any of this. Even those closer to things are in the dark.

I confess I do see where people are coming from with their views on stay/go etc. but until we know what the situation is, how this truly came about, his wishes, how the club, McKenna and his representatives dealt with it any comments are understandable but baseless feelings.

What is not baseless is the potential detrimental effect on this club if it drags on any longer. It is ITFC best interests I care about.

If Ten Hag is sacked by Utd, I am sure we will know on Monday who is replacing him. If it's not McKenna, then I think we can all relax a bit.
I have to say on 07:43 - May 25 with 718 viewswischip

It could be another media speculation frenzy day today if Kieran happens to be going to the FA Cup final. And the broadcasters spot him and put him on long distance camera. Who's he the guest of, etc. When he's probably just there studying next season's opponents and potential loan targets.
I have to say on 07:48 - May 25 with 709 viewsHerbivore

I have to say on 07:21 - May 25 by Churchman

Our best interests are served by doing everything we can to keep McKenna here, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I have to say on 07:55 - May 25 with 677 viewsmutters

I have to say on 11:46 - May 23 by Pencilpete

I think hes stalling everyone because he actually covets the Man Utd job and won't know if thats available or if he is even in line for it until early next week.

Then he'll look at Chelsea and i think staying here is his 3rd choice.

i don't think McKenna owes us anything he's done an unbelieveable job and i think most of us although gutted wouldn't hold it against him if he went .... BUT .... there is a way to do it and all this speculation (wether he stays or goes) isn't fair on us as a club because we can't prepare for the Premier League on the pitch while we are in limbo over who is going to be our manager - theres no point Ashton persuing or signing McKennas targets if Mckenna then disappers into the sunset and any potential new manager would take time to firstly appoint and then assess the squad and identify targets

Everyone generally accepts the play off winners are playing catch up because they are a month behind the other 2 promoted clubs .... Play off final is this weekend and we've done nothing so far .....

I would be completely amazed if "we've done nothing so far ....."

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I have to say on 07:59 - May 25 with 662 viewsrodney76

Today could be the day if Man. U's interest is for real.

They will likely lose the Cup Final, but even if they win it their manager could be gone.

They could have hardly sacked him and made a new appointment in the period leading up to an FA Cup Final.

I do not believe McK will leave us at this point in time for any other club than Manchester United.

It might have already been agreed with McKenna and hence his refusal of a new contract.

I will be nervous until Monday evening. After that, I will relax.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024