Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry... another thread about the situation... 21:10 - May 24 with 2400 viewsSimonds92

With Schwartz coming over to supposedly negotiate a new contract, do we think that money is the defining factor? Or could our owners be looking to sell him the dream of their plans and what this club could be? If it's in comparison with a job offer from utd. I don't think there is much we can do, but I wonder if reassuring him that the owners are committed to a massive project here, one which would supersede Brighton, would be more important to him than the money.

He might just want to ensure that his stock continues to rise rather than being tarnished with a relegation. (Before anyone says it, what happened with Kompany is a complete anomaly)
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:13 - May 24 with 2338 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Honestly. I'm bored of the whole thing.
All this has already been over, multiple times.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:15 - May 24 with 2295 viewsFrimleyBlue

Could also be that he wants first hand to understand exactly what is at play here, what's likely to happen so that he and Ashton can discuss next steps. He's also got a new £100 mill investor to update.

Hopefully it's a nice shiny 4 year deal with a personal promise to find hutchinsons signing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:15 - May 24 with 2312 viewsFoD_Blue

Arguably, if we get relegated next season with players who were league one two seasons ago, that is less of a blip on McKenna's CV than Kompany's relegation?
Everybody surely expects us to down, probably even more so than any of last season's promoted teams.

If we survive he is surely the greatest manager ever, if we go down it's not his fault.
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:43 - May 24 with 2185 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You can't write Kompamy off as an anomaly at this stage, just because it doesn't suit your argument.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:59 - May 24 with 2102 viewsSimonds92

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:43 - May 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

You can't write Kompamy off as an anomaly at this stage, just because it doesn't suit your argument.

I can 😂

Can you name another manager who got relegated and then walked in to a top top job? Martinez got Everton but that's not a really top job.
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 22:18 - May 24 with 2014 viewsFtnfwest

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:43 - May 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh I think you can. All that was done with actors.
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 22:47 - May 24 with 1894 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:15 - May 24 by FoD_Blue

Arguably, if we get relegated next season with players who were league one two seasons ago, that is less of a blip on McKenna's CV than Kompany's relegation?
Everybody surely expects us to down, probably even more so than any of last season's promoted teams.

If we survive he is surely the greatest manager ever, if we go down it's not his fault.

If McK stays and we avoid relegation he will be emulating Paul Lambert.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 22:59 - May 24 with 1795 viewsitfctilidie

The big difference in Kompany and McKenna is that Kompan has his playing career in the bank. Whether that is right or wrong is another story, but see Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc - they get jobs off their names rather than coaching ability. Mckenna doesnt have his playing career to back him up in these situations, so probably needs to be more pragmatic in his approach
Login to get fewer ads

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 23:08 - May 24 with 1708 viewsArnieM

Absolutely this.^^

It’s a no brainer for McKenna to stay frankly. It’s a completely free hit for him. Managers our survival , and the worlds his oyster ( even more so that now), his stick will have risen that high. Relegation, ah well what did they expect with a squad largely built in League one for the Championship. He can’t lose can he!

If he stays I think we will stay up, just. But what a foundation for the following season we’d ( HE) would have.

Brighton? Hah, laughable….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 23:37 - May 24 with 1549 viewsGarv

Haven't bothered looking at the odds but I think people will fancy us to do something next year with McKenna in charge.

Logic suggests we've got a good chance. He's got a L1 squad to 2nd in the Championship a point behind Leicester. Add a sprinkling of something to that and staying up should be a doddle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 06:35 - May 25 with 1272 viewsNedPlimpton

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 23:08 - May 24 by ArnieM

Absolutely this.^^

It’s a no brainer for McKenna to stay frankly. It’s a completely free hit for him. Managers our survival , and the worlds his oyster ( even more so that now), his stick will have risen that high. Relegation, ah well what did they expect with a squad largely built in League one for the Championship. He can’t lose can he!

If he stays I think we will stay up, just. But what a foundation for the following season we’d ( HE) would have.

Brighton? Hah, laughable….

Sounds more like his stick is rising at the prospect of managing Utd or Chelsea
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 06:52 - May 25 with 1193 viewsHerbivore

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 23:37 - May 24 by Garv

Haven't bothered looking at the odds but I think people will fancy us to do something next year with McKenna in charge.

Logic suggests we've got a good chance. He's got a L1 squad to 2nd in the Championship a point behind Leicester. Add a sprinkling of something to that and staying up should be a doddle.

Let's not rewrite history, it really wasn't a League 1 squad which they showed by demolishing most of League 1 the season before. The majority of our squad had played at Championship level and a team of Walton, Clarke, Woolf, Burgess, Davis, Mass, Morsy, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead and Hirst - which would have been our first XI if Walton wasn't injured in preseason - contains eleven players who have featured in the Championship, albeit some far more than others.

It was a fantastic achievement to get us up a point behind Leicester and six points clear of Leeds in third given the talent those two clubs have at their disposal and the massive disparity in resources between us and them. But I'm not having we were a League 1 squad and I always fancied us for the top 6 at least with an outside chance of challenging for top 2. Some of that was down to rating McKenna but we also have some very good players at the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 07:05 - May 25 with 1145 viewsMK1

Why the need for another thread on it. There are 100s already on here you could just of added to.
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 09:28 - May 25 with 884 viewsStewart27

Hopefully all of the above
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 09:37 - May 25 with 850 viewsrodney76

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 21:59 - May 24 by Simonds92

I can 😂

Can you name another manager who got relegated and then walked in to a top top job? Martinez got Everton but that's not a really top job.

Kompany always comes over very well in interview. He is well-spoken and intelligent, has a good footballing brain and a very distinguished playing career behind him.

He was always destined for better things than Burnley and will probably be a top manager one day.
Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 12:14 - May 25 with 659 viewspointofblue

Sorry... another thread about the situation... on 06:52 - May 25 by Herbivore

Let's not rewrite history, it really wasn't a League 1 squad which they showed by demolishing most of League 1 the season before. The majority of our squad had played at Championship level and a team of Walton, Clarke, Woolf, Burgess, Davis, Mass, Morsy, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead and Hirst - which would have been our first XI if Walton wasn't injured in preseason - contains eleven players who have featured in the Championship, albeit some far more than others.

It was a fantastic achievement to get us up a point behind Leicester and six points clear of Leeds in third given the talent those two clubs have at their disposal and the massive disparity in resources between us and them. But I'm not having we were a League 1 squad and I always fancied us for the top 6 at least with an outside chance of challenging for top 2. Some of that was down to rating McKenna but we also have some very good players at the club.

To add to this, Four Four Two had us in the top six in their pre season preview as did, IIRC, the bookmakers.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024