Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Morning People. 04:39 - Sep 4 with 4123 viewsBenters

Just to let those know who are interested in my progress after my Heart ❤️ Operation on the 5th of August.

Yesterday I had an appointment at Clacton Hospital (no I didn’t see Nigel but then I walked straight past the Spoons and Tom Peppers).

Anyway the nurse/specialist was extremely pleased with my progress the tests she did all came back great.

She said I can increase my daily walking from 5000 steps gradually up to 10000 steps,I’d actually walked 9600 steps yesterday from the Station to the Hospital etc.

I can do a bit more gardening as long as it’s not digging etc,but cutting back plants etc is ok.

I can’t lift anything or push anything heavy at the moment,but I can have a pint of ale,as long as I don’t go loopy for it.

She even said get your Basildon Hospital visit done on the 17th and you can start up cycling again,as long as I don’t do any big hills or go to mad at it.

Thank you everyone for the kind messages etc.

I had left Bloots permission that if I hadn’t posted anything by the 9th of August he was going to tell you of my passing,thankfully he didn’t need to and I’m still here 😂👍

Peace and love.
[Post edited 4 Sep 4:46]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

63
Good Morning People. on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 1169 viewsRyorry

Never mind the butts, are you allowed to use your hosepipe again yet?

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

1
Good Morning People. on 11:33 - Sep 4 with 1109 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 10:35 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Never mind the butts, are you allowed to use your hosepipe again yet?


Only once a week and I have to play a less active role 😇

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Good Morning People. on 11:46 - Sep 4 with 1099 viewsTVRBlue

Great to hear you're recovering well.

Enjoy getting back out on your bike when you're able, riding out to a village pub somewhere and getting an Adnams down you!

Edited cos I can't effing spell!
[Post edited 4 Sep 11:52]
1
Good Morning People. on 11:53 - Sep 4 with 1090 viewsgiant_stow

You must be a tough old boot fella - glad to hear you're on the mend.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

1
Good Morning People. on 12:04 - Sep 4 with 1075 viewsKeno

Great news Benters!!!

I guess not lifting or pushing anything heavy rules out 'entertaining yourself' for while

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

1
Good Morning People. on 12:07 - Sep 4 with 1061 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good Morning People. on 11:33 - Sep 4 by Benters

Only once a week and I have to play a less active role 😇


How does Nigel feel about that?
[Post edited 4 Sep 12:08]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

1
Good Morning People. on 12:09 - Sep 4 with 1063 viewsJ2BLUE

Great to hear, hope you are fully recovered and back on your bike very soon.
1
Good Morning People. on 12:13 - Sep 4 with 1055 viewsBelsteadCav

Fantastic news
Looks like you’re on the right track
Board wouldn’t be the same without you

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Good Morning People. on 12:22 - Sep 4 with 1033 viewsmellowblue

don't get over confident and over do it. Glad you are recovering well.
1
Good Morning People. on 12:23 - Sep 4 with 1030 viewsmeekreech

Hope you’re feeling better each day as it takes a while to fully recover.
I know that from experience as my zipper has survived 28 years.
Still doing most things apart from being able to retrieve my seat at PR as I have moved away from Suffolk.
Still supporting the Town and bleeding blue.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

1
Good Morning People. on 01:53 - Sep 5 with 890 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Good news Benters. Glad to hear it.

Poll: Ashton Out? Yes or no

1
Good Morning People. on 02:59 - Sep 5 with 868 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 12:23 - Sep 4 by meekreech

Hope you’re feeling better each day as it takes a while to fully recover.
I know that from experience as my zipper has survived 28 years.
Still doing most things apart from being able to retrieve my seat at PR as I have moved away from Suffolk.
Still supporting the Town and bleeding blue.


Had my first bottle of Ghostship last night in some 35 days,it tasted beautiful tbh.

Only one though.

The nurse told me I’m allowed 14 units a week,but not to save them all up and hit them in one go.

I was more pleased that on my afternoon walk yesterday i made it to the world famous Bentley Brook.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

3
Good Morning People. on 04:48 - Sep 5 with 845 viewsallezlesbleus

Good Morning People. on 02:59 - Sep 5 by Benters

Had my first bottle of Ghostship last night in some 35 days,it tasted beautiful tbh.

Only one though.

The nurse told me I’m allowed 14 units a week,but not to save them all up and hit them in one go.

I was more pleased that on my afternoon walk yesterday i made it to the world famous Bentley Brook.


I bet that tasted great!

I also indulged in a couple of ghosties whilst watching the match.

Glad to hear the recovery is going well.
1
Good Morning People. on 07:04 - Sep 5 with 805 viewsBlue_Heath

That's fantastic news mate.

Won't be long until you are back to full health by the sounds of it.

My advice would be keep as active as you are allowed but don't overdo it and enjoy that pint :--)

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

1
Good Morning People. on 04:43 - Sep 6 with 708 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 07:04 - Sep 5 by Blue_Heath

That's fantastic news mate.

Won't be long until you are back to full health by the sounds of it.

My advice would be keep as active as you are allowed but don't overdo it and enjoy that pint :--)


I had a lovely day yesterday,I wasn’t on here much,only early in the morning.

Had a nice walk round the village green,that’s around 5000 steps,came home made a lovely big old cast iron pot half full of chilli for my tea.Left that bubbling away.

Cut back some plants in my garden nothing to drastic,chucked one out my first since July,you have to try these things to test the ticker,all went well.

Had lunch crashed out for a hour or so,then carried on with my Lego,was going to post on here couldn’t be arsed to argue.Lego is more relaxing.

Cleaned and filled my birdbaths up.I seem to be filling them up about three times a day!

Had a bottle of Mauldens Silver Adder with my tea it was most pleasant.

I’ve had a couple of people contact me they shall remain nameless with the same sort of heart condition I have/had I’m always happy to help via pm anyone even if they are in the LBF/LAS.Even if it’s just a bit of reassurance to those that reach out.

Have a good day people.

BB.

TGM.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

6
Good Morning People. on 07:48 - Sep 6 with 649 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good Morning People. on 04:43 - Sep 6 by Benters

I had a lovely day yesterday,I wasn’t on here much,only early in the morning.

Had a nice walk round the village green,that’s around 5000 steps,came home made a lovely big old cast iron pot half full of chilli for my tea.Left that bubbling away.

Cut back some plants in my garden nothing to drastic,chucked one out my first since July,you have to try these things to test the ticker,all went well.

Had lunch crashed out for a hour or so,then carried on with my Lego,was going to post on here couldn’t be arsed to argue.Lego is more relaxing.

Cleaned and filled my birdbaths up.I seem to be filling them up about three times a day!

Had a bottle of Mauldens Silver Adder with my tea it was most pleasant.

I’ve had a couple of people contact me they shall remain nameless with the same sort of heart condition I have/had I’m always happy to help via pm anyone even if they are in the LBF/LAS.Even if it’s just a bit of reassurance to those that reach out.

Have a good day people.

BB.

TGM.


Lovely jubbly Benters.

Antisemites, Jew haters and crashing bores will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
Good Morning People. on 08:10 - Sep 6 with 641 viewsnoggin

Good Morning People. on 04:43 - Sep 6 by Benters

I had a lovely day yesterday,I wasn’t on here much,only early in the morning.

Had a nice walk round the village green,that’s around 5000 steps,came home made a lovely big old cast iron pot half full of chilli for my tea.Left that bubbling away.

Cut back some plants in my garden nothing to drastic,chucked one out my first since July,you have to try these things to test the ticker,all went well.

Had lunch crashed out for a hour or so,then carried on with my Lego,was going to post on here couldn’t be arsed to argue.Lego is more relaxing.

Cleaned and filled my birdbaths up.I seem to be filling them up about three times a day!

Had a bottle of Mauldens Silver Adder with my tea it was most pleasant.

I’ve had a couple of people contact me they shall remain nameless with the same sort of heart condition I have/had I’m always happy to help via pm anyone even if they are in the LBF/LAS.Even if it’s just a bit of reassurance to those that reach out.

Have a good day people.

BB.

TGM.


"chucked one out my first since July"

PornHub?

Poll: Prediction for England v Norway

3
Good Morning People. on 08:52 - Sep 6 with 608 viewssolemio

So glad it has gone well - especially as you were very helpful and sympathetic years ago when I was about to have an operation!
1
Good Morning People. on 08:56 - Sep 6 with 603 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 08:10 - Sep 6 by noggin

"chucked one out my first since July"

PornHub?


Bangkok Chic Boys.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

1
Good Morning People. on 08:57 - Sep 6 with 601 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 08:52 - Sep 6 by solemio

So glad it has gone well - especially as you were very helpful and sympathetic years ago when I was about to have an operation!


That’s ok hope you are doing well.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Good Morning People. on 20:55 - Sep 6 with 494 viewsBlue_Heath

Good Morning People. on 04:43 - Sep 6 by Benters

I had a lovely day yesterday,I wasn’t on here much,only early in the morning.

Had a nice walk round the village green,that’s around 5000 steps,came home made a lovely big old cast iron pot half full of chilli for my tea.Left that bubbling away.

Cut back some plants in my garden nothing to drastic,chucked one out my first since July,you have to try these things to test the ticker,all went well.

Had lunch crashed out for a hour or so,then carried on with my Lego,was going to post on here couldn’t be arsed to argue.Lego is more relaxing.

Cleaned and filled my birdbaths up.I seem to be filling them up about three times a day!

Had a bottle of Mauldens Silver Adder with my tea it was most pleasant.

I’ve had a couple of people contact me they shall remain nameless with the same sort of heart condition I have/had I’m always happy to help via pm anyone even if they are in the LBF/LAS.Even if it’s just a bit of reassurance to those that reach out.

Have a good day people.

BB.

TGM.


Awesome mate, great to hear you are living life to the full again.

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

1
Good Morning People. on 21:11 - Sep 6 with 473 viewsKropotkin123

Happy you are still with us and making progress.

Also love that you are sharing your story - men's health and all that. Would love to know how you discovered an operable issue, and if there is anything we should be doing paying attention to.

Best of luck on your recovery journey. 👍

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Will Hull win the league?
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

2
Good Morning People. on 01:47 - Sep 7 with 411 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 20:55 - Sep 6 by Blue_Heath

Awesome mate, great to hear you are living life to the full again.


Not quite there yet I’m sort of firing on 2/3 at the moment.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Good Morning People. on 02:01 - Sep 7 with 403 viewsBenters

Good Morning People. on 21:11 - Sep 6 by Kropotkin123

Happy you are still with us and making progress.

Also love that you are sharing your story - men's health and all that. Would love to know how you discovered an operable issue, and if there is anything we should be doing paying attention to.

Best of luck on your recovery journey. 👍


Thank you.

They like many things discovered it by chance.

I had Sepsis back in 2025 and was treated in Hospital for a couple of days they discovered my Blood Pressure was a bit high.

When I got home I had a Doctors appointment to check it out and she asked me to self test myself for two weeks.Being at home and being in one’s own surroundings the BP always comes down.

So I had a further meeting and she listened to my heart,and said one of my valves was gurgling it should make a whooshing noise so she put me on BP tabs and Hospital tests were needed.

That’s where they discovered my Mitral Valve was struggling to operate normally.They described it like a parachute which had 4 ropes holding the fabric up and one of my ropes was broken,and that in turn was letting blood flow back into my heart,instead of pushing it out.

But I never had any symptoms or problems all through and right up to my operation.

No breathlessness no swelling of my feet or legs nothing,and they put that down to my cycling and walking.

The trouble I have no is getting comfortable in bed,since my operation I can’t lay the way I like to lay,so I usually grab a few hours then get up and prop myself up on my sofa.

The main thing with this is breathlessness,that is one of the main symptoms,if you struggle going up stairs;steps,hills etc.


Thanks for your kind words.
[Post edited 7 Sep 3:16]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

2
Good Morning People. on 05:20 - Sep 7 with 354 viewsWarkystache

Great stuff matey! Soon have you back at PR!!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026