Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cologne 23:07 - Sep 14 with 9469 viewsLord_Lucan

The Germans have been fantastic today. 20k and most without tickets? I worship them.

Unfortunately they will find themselves without a beer. The pubs will have been forced to close by Babylon. What a great people we are. The Hun knows where it's at but we will send them home thinking England is sh1te, which it is. Pathetic. Modern football, modern fans.

Who are the nazis BTW?

I will bid you good day.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 10:51]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Cologne on 23:08 - Sep 14 with 7894 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I was wondering where you were

Hope you're well anyway Lucan whatever it is

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Cologne on 23:09 - Sep 14 with 7890 viewsJ2BLUE

'I've stayed off this site for reasons of my own'

You can admit you've become addicted to Game of Thrones. We won't judge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cologne on 23:15 - Sep 14 with 7854 viewsStokieBlue

Was the punching of stewards good as well?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cologne on 23:31 - Sep 14 with 7814 viewsClapham_Junction

I work in Islington and when I went out for lunch I saw a few people in football shirts and scarves wandering around with beers. Took a couple of moments before I twigged Arsenal must be playing a European match (seems odd on a Thursday for them). Then mid afternoon we got an email saying that there were possibly around 5,000 Cologne fans at Highbury corner and to avoid Highbury & Islington station like the plague. This was followed up by a couple more reminding us in increasingly stark terms that going anywhere near Highbury corner or Holloway Road was a very bad idea.

I feel a bit sorry for the station staff as they had to close the Victoria line part of it in the morning and there was chaos then too.
Cologne on 23:52 - Sep 14 with 7738 viewsLord_Lucan

Cologne on 23:31 - Sep 14 by Clapham_Junction

I work in Islington and when I went out for lunch I saw a few people in football shirts and scarves wandering around with beers. Took a couple of moments before I twigged Arsenal must be playing a European match (seems odd on a Thursday for them). Then mid afternoon we got an email saying that there were possibly around 5,000 Cologne fans at Highbury corner and to avoid Highbury & Islington station like the plague. This was followed up by a couple more reminding us in increasingly stark terms that going anywhere near Highbury corner or Holloway Road was a very bad idea.

I feel a bit sorry for the station staff as they had to close the Victoria line part of it in the morning and there was chaos then too.

Oh FFS, What a load of limps.

Welcome everyone

We are the people

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Cologne on 00:08 - Sep 15 with 7681 viewsStNeotsBlue

The 20,000 turn out is fantastic and to be applauded.

The issue is what gimp, be at the Met, German Fuzz,Home Office or London Transport didn't predict this. They were given less than 3000 tickets,which is bizarre, it must have pretty obvious from flight/channel crossing bookings that they were bringing a sh1tload so prepare for it properly. Seems to be genuine surprise from the authorities that this happened, they should have been welcomed with open arms, Fan Zones with Big screens in every available space.
Cologne on 06:07 - Sep 15 with 7490 viewsFtnfwest

Cologne on 00:08 - Sep 15 by StNeotsBlue

The issue is what gimp, be at the Met, German Fuzz,Home Office or London Transport didn't predict this. They were given less than 3000 tickets,which is bizarre, it must have pretty obvious from flight/channel crossing bookings that they were bringing a sh1tload so prepare for it properly. Seems to be genuine surprise from the authorities that this happened, they should have been welcomed with open arms, Fan Zones with Big screens in every available space.

Town did something really radical for the league cup semi there and asked for some more. Still English club fans will rarely travel in numbers without tickets anymore.
Cologne on 07:04 - Sep 15 with 7387 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Worship" may be a bit strong but agree with the sentiment overall.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Cologne on 07:40 - Sep 15 with 7259 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

According to the chattery people on BBC news this image is "scarey" ! How sanitised !

[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 7:48]

Cologne on 07:46 - Sep 15 with 7243 viewsvapour_trail

Welcome back.

Was getting texts from someone at the game last night who said it was incredible in the ground.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Cologne on 08:07 - Sep 15 with 7181 viewsitfcjoe

It looked a cracking atmosphere amongst Ze Germans all day, it's all a bit pathetic how it's seen as such a horror when to me looked relatively normal.

How did all the fans get in the ground though, presumably they'd sourced tickets - if that's the case then blame the club and get on with it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cologne on 08:14 - Sep 15 with 7145 viewsMattinLondon

Cologne on 08:07 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

It looked a cracking atmosphere amongst Ze Germans all day, it's all a bit pathetic how it's seen as such a horror when to me looked relatively normal.

How did all the fans get in the ground though, presumably they'd sourced tickets - if that's the case then blame the club and get on with it

The most shocking thing about last night is that, despite going against scientific evidence, it is possible to create atomosphere inside the Emirates.
Cologne on 08:35 - Sep 15 with 7066 viewsKieran_Knows

Cologne on 08:07 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Arsenal released this statement this morning ... https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-following-cologne-h

Not really sure what more they could have done to be fair?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cologne on 08:43 - Sep 15 with 7026 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cologne on 08:35 - Sep 15 by Kieran_Knows

Arsenal released this statement this morning ... https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-following-cologne-h

They will be working as hard as possible to ensure that the ground is as empty as possible next time !

Cologne on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 6947 viewsITFC_Forever

Cologne on 00:08 - Sep 15 by StNeotsBlue

They did expect it, based on the number of applications for tickets Cologne had.

Those that didn't get them came anyway, a German journo was surprised there wasn't even more of them.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cologne on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 6940 viewsmonty_radio

Cologne on 07:40 - Sep 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

According to the chattery people on BBC news this image is "scarey" ! How sanitised !

[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 7:48]

Wenger says he saw nothing.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cologne on 09:28 - Sep 15 with 6848 viewsRadlett_blue

Cologne on 08:35 - Sep 15 by Kieran_Knows

OK - so the Koln fans above the 3,000 ticket holders who got in got them from touts?
How easy is it for Arsenal season ticket holders to sell a match ticket to a tout or through an agency?
I'm also kind of surprised that 20,000 managed to get flights or used alternative methods of transport to London.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cologne on 09:37 - Sep 15 with 6805 viewsLankHenners

You'll have to click on the guy's twitter to get the whole thread but essentially says the biggest reaction was on Twitter by people who weren't there, and a lot of what became more widely (unreliably) reported was based on who saw what first. There were fans that behaved stupidly but they seem to be in the small minority.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cologne on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 6767 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Not sure we should 'Worship' the Koln fans who snuck into the home end and then began fighting their way into the home end clashing with stewards and with their own fans.

Not sure we'd be feeling so kindhearted if there were rowdy away fans interspersed in amongst the home sections (particularly family areas) during the match.. Pretty sure some on here have said as much in pretty stark terms on here before
Cologne on 09:51 - Sep 15 with 6729 viewsITFC_Forever

Cologne on 09:28 - Sep 15 by Radlett_blue

OK - so the Koln fans above the 3,000 ticket holders who got in got them from touts?
How easy is it for Arsenal season ticket holders to sell a match ticket to a tout or through an agency?
I'm also kind of surprised that 20,000 managed to get flights or used alternative methods of transport to London.

Cologne to the Hook of Holland isn't exactly far.

And there's plenty of flights to and from Germany these days. Shouldn't imagine it was too difficult.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cologne on 09:56 - Sep 15 with 6696 viewsnoggin

Cologne on 23:15 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

Was the punching of stewards good as well?

SB

Seems the vast majority, including those in home areas, were well behaved. Considering the trouble caused by English fans in Germany over the years, I think they should be praised.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Cologne on 09:58 - Sep 15 with 6690 viewsnoggin

Cologne on 09:45 - Sep 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Not sure we should 'Worship' the Koln fans who snuck into the home end and then began fighting their way into the home end clashing with stewards and with their own fans.

Not sure we'd be feeling so kindhearted if there were rowdy away fans interspersed in amongst the home sections (particularly family areas) during the match.. Pretty sure some on here have said as much in pretty stark terms on here before

I don't think anyone is praising the few idiots but the vast majority appear to have been able to behave themselves and enjoy the day.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Cologne on 10:05 - Sep 15 with 6658 viewsolimar

Cologne on 09:28 - Sep 15 by Radlett_blue

The whole business is a complete hypocrisy on the part of the clubs. Re-selling tickets is supposed to be illegal and the primary reason for that has been to ensure segregation.

But the clubs clearly turn a blind eye to it, as do the football authorities generally- as it helps ensure they dont have empty seats, protects the brand. And no doubt, if the tickets are sold above face value, then it helps reinforce the appearance that this is the biggest market for football in the world.

There are many websites re-selling Arsenal tickets as a regular occurrence and they dont appear to be under any threat. A friend of mine visited from the US this time last year, bought Arsenal tickets through one of them and received 4 x Season Ticket cards in the post, with a postage paid envelope to return them. When he showed me the website and what they had sent him, it seemed quite clear that this is a regular/normal operation (he used the same company to get tickets for West Ham v Man United and said that he was surrounded by people who had bought tickets from the same company).

Some of the clubs also have official resale platforms with Viagogo/Seatwave or whatever. That seems to have been accepted by the PL or whoever, presumably as it isnt selling for profit. But it doesnt care about segregation either, from what I can gather.

They say that "no tickets were sold on general sale", but I know from experience that if the game has less general interest, isnt selling particularly quickly, then an Arsenal member can buy up to 4 tickets. Because the three others arent members, they cant load the sale onto a membership card, so they just issue 4 x paper tickets.

Yet, as soon as there is any trouble, or segregation issues, then there is a big discussion about how fans got them in the "wrong areas" etc. To say "many more tickets were sold through touts... this is disappointing" is a total cop out and something the clubs make no concerted effort to stop.

And if this was being enforced properly, it would mean that clubs like Arsenal would find that a large amount of Season Ticket holders would have their ST revoked, or would decide not to renew as they dont actually attend but regularly resell their tickets. Which in turn presumably means that genuine fans on their waiting list would get access to the STs.
Cologne on 10:09 - Sep 15 with 6617 viewsRadlett_blue

Cologne on 10:05 - Sep 15 by olimar

The whole business is a complete hypocrisy on the part of the clubs. Re-selling tickets is supposed to be illegal and the primary reason for that has been to ensure segregation.

But the clubs clearly turn a blind eye to it, as do the football authorities generally- as it helps ensure they dont have empty seats, protects the brand. And no doubt, if the tickets are sold above face value, then it helps reinforce the appearance that this is the biggest market for football in the world.

There are many websites re-selling Arsenal tickets as a regular occurrence and they dont appear to be under any threat. A friend of mine visited from the US this time last year, bought Arsenal tickets through one of them and received 4 x Season Ticket cards in the post, with a postage paid envelope to return them. When he showed me the website and what they had sent him, it seemed quite clear that this is a regular/normal operation (he used the same company to get tickets for West Ham v Man United and said that he was surrounded by people who had bought tickets from the same company).

Some of the clubs also have official resale platforms with Viagogo/Seatwave or whatever. That seems to have been accepted by the PL or whoever, presumably as it isnt selling for profit. But it doesnt care about segregation either, from what I can gather.

They say that "no tickets were sold on general sale", but I know from experience that if the game has less general interest, isnt selling particularly quickly, then an Arsenal member can buy up to 4 tickets. Because the three others arent members, they cant load the sale onto a membership card, so they just issue 4 x paper tickets.

Yet, as soon as there is any trouble, or segregation issues, then there is a big discussion about how fans got them in the "wrong areas" etc. To say "many more tickets were sold through touts... this is disappointing" is a total cop out and something the clubs make no concerted effort to stop.

And if this was being enforced properly, it would mean that clubs like Arsenal would find that a large amount of Season Ticket holders would have their ST revoked, or would decide not to renew as they dont actually attend but regularly resell their tickets. Which in turn presumably means that genuine fans on their waiting list would get access to the STs.

Thanks. Quite a few of my friends support Arsenal & one of them let a friend have his tickets last night as he wasn't interested in going to the game. As you say, I'm sure this is a regular occurrence & the club turn a blind eye, especially as this effectively reduces the cost of owning a season ticket. They also prefer not to have a two thirds full Emirates when playing the less attractive home games as they want to keep up the image of high demand.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cologne on 10:38 - Sep 15 with 6538 viewsitfcjoe

Cologne on 09:37 - Sep 15 by LankHenners

You'll have to click on the guy's twitter to get the whole thread but essentially says the biggest reaction was on Twitter by people who weren't there, and a lot of what became more widely (unreliably) reported was based on who saw what first. There were fans that behaved stupidly but they seem to be in the small minority.

That's how it looked to me - but if people are intimidated by an atmosphere then they shouldn't be going to football really.

If there fans were starting fights etc in the stands then that is totally different but no real stories of that. Personally I'd have loved to have been up in London with the Koln fans for the day - bet they had a cracking day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024