Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A PH fencesitter asks.. 17:55 - Aug 25 with 12434 viewsartsbossbeard

..How come the PH dissenters are advised to "stop moaning and get behind the team" when last season posts on the line of "If Mick's here next season, I'll not renew" were greeted with upvotes and supporter solidarity?

I'll level with you lot who've brought into the PH philosophy, you're acting like mad cult members.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5594 viewssparks

No. They see what he's trying to do and are not 7 yeas old. Accordingly they realise that it takes longer than has passed this season to overhaul a side from scratch and get things moving.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5589 viewstractorshark

Very true. Well said.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5586 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

This is gold. Have an upvote.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5584 viewspointofblue

Because Hurst is five games into his Town career whereas McCarthy had been on the end of fans ire since the start of 2015/16?

I'm not a Hurst worshipper and I wasn't a McCarthy hater but the situations are different.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 5580 viewsmrshallisfit

Mad Cult members is a bit extreme. Rather the 3 monkeys - see no evil.....
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:57 - Aug 25 with 5564 viewsTrequartista

Because one has had 5 games and one had 5 years?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:58 - Aug 25 with 5554 viewsyorkshire

I was never a Mick outer but he bought a lot of what happened last season on himself - he had a terrible relationship with the fans towards the end and instead of trying to play it down I think he almost stoked it up

PH has had 5 games so I am really not sure how anyone can make a full judgement on him right now - those games haven't gone well and we do look powderpuff up front but surely he deserves more time ?
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:59 - Aug 25 with 5543 viewsJ2BLUE

PH dissenters shouldn't be a thing five league games into his reign.

Why have you suddenly become a complete bell? You're not convinced by Hurst. Fair enough, we get it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 5526 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Because MM had been here 5 years and played boring sh1te football.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 5527 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:58 - Aug 25 by yorkshire

I was never a Mick outer but he bought a lot of what happened last season on himself - he had a terrible relationship with the fans towards the end and instead of trying to play it down I think he almost stoked it up

PH has had 5 games so I am really not sure how anyone can make a full judgement on him right now - those games haven't gone well and we do look powderpuff up front but surely he deserves more time ?

I'm not asking for him to be sacked. Let's not treat him as some kind of Messiah though. At this stage.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 18:00]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:01 - Aug 25 with 5493 viewspatrickswell

Speaking as a fellow fence-sitter, I just hoped for a new manager bounce of some description. I know people talk about entitlement or impatience, but we all need a bone thrown to us every now and again. A win next week will be magnificent, but those preaching patience need to realise that it only really works if things are ticking along while you build- especially at this level. That was George Burley’s great achievement here, and Mick McCarthy was skilled at keeping things ticking along, just a shame that he was trying to build with players made of glass.

I can see what Hurst is trying o do and he has had to put with a lot of in-game adversity. There’s a lot to work on, and I’m sure they are....but please get a win. Soon.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 5476 viewsyorkshire

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:00 - Aug 25 by artsbossbeard

I'm not asking for him to be sacked. Let's not treat him as some kind of Messiah though. At this stage.

I am not sure anyone is treating him as the Messiah but I still don't know how anyone can be so anti a manager after 5 close games
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 5475 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:59 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

Why have you suddenly become a complete bell? You're not convinced by Hurst. Fair enough, we get it.

No need for the insult.

Noted.

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:03 - Aug 25 with 5456 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:02 - Aug 25 by yorkshire

I am not sure anyone is treating him as the Messiah but I still don't know how anyone can be so anti a manager after 5 close games

I'm a fence sitter, I'm not anti.

You're coming across as the cult member I spoke of though.

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:04 - Aug 25 with 5446 viewsGarv

I got angry and down voted that but on reflection it's a good troll.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:04 - Aug 25 with 5434 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 17:56 - Aug 25 by sparks

No. They see what he's trying to do and are not 7 yeas old. Accordingly they realise that it takes longer than has passed this season to overhaul a side from scratch and get things moving.

I'll still be there next season, how about you?

Buy you a pint?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:05 - Aug 25 with 5433 viewstractorshark

Are there many true dissenters? I haven’t seen any call for his head.
If they are, then quite rightly they should be derided.
But people are allowed to question tactics, policy and performances without being labelled blubbers.
It’s early days, yes, but I bet our manager has similar concerns.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:06 - Aug 25 with 5410 viewsyorkshire

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:03 - Aug 25 by artsbossbeard

I'm a fence sitter, I'm not anti.

You're coming across as the cult member I spoke of though.

I'm coming across as a cult member because I disagree with you

Think I do agree with J2 - you are being a bell
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 5386 viewsJ2BLUE

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:05 - Aug 25 by tractorshark

Are there many true dissenters? I haven’t seen any call for his head.
If they are, then quite rightly they should be derided.
But people are allowed to question tactics, policy and performances without being labelled blubbers.
It’s early days, yes, but I bet our manager has similar concerns.

Who is doing that? It's mildly worrying. No one is going to be attacked for saying that.

The OP comes across as goading and sh1t stirring which hopefully wasn't the intention.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 5373 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 5372 viewsTractorWood

Just don't think the squad's good enough. Some were a bit OTT in applauding his transfer business that was mostly players with no championship or decent foreign level experience. Garner and Waghorn going was tough and they'll be borderline impossible to replace.

We might gel and improve but I still don't see the finished product being any better than lower mid table. A shame to see the standard escapism of blaming refs and inevitably injuries in the next few months. No one balancing out our 90th minute equaliser against Blackburn that was a lollipop cross.

Going to be a long season and in my opinion we are well overdue a proper relegation scrap from years of underinvestment in the squad. I appreciate Evans pumps in his £3m-£6m every year for no real gain but it's not even treading water in this league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 5359 viewsBackToRussia

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:00 - Aug 25 by artsbossbeard

Who's treating him like a messiah?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 5345 viewsGlasgowBlue

Post Mick blues. I was inexplicably suffering from the same illness when Keane was sacked. I never gave chubby a fair crack at the whip. ABB will moan about PH for the next two years.

Iron Lion Zion

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 5332 viewsGlasgowBlue

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:09 - Aug 25 by BackToRussia

The voices inside ABB's head.

Iron Lion Zion

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 5334 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:09 - Aug 25 by BackToRussia

Posters who only yesterday were keen to offer PH a 5yr contract.

P5 W0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024