Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? 15:09 - Feb 9 with 4694 viewsCoco

Seriously?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:10 - Feb 9 with 4306 viewsBlueBadger

Someone to deflect blame away from Evans?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 4303 viewsFixed_It

People desperately thrashing around looking for scapegoats. Anyone else we can blame? Not sure the tea lady has been in the firing line yet...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 4298 viewsCoco

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:10 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

Seems to be number remit for this role.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:16 - Feb 9 with 4271 viewsLankHenners

I suppose he was given his position so someone at the top level of the club had some idea of how football worked.

Problem is, it was a cheap and easy option for Evans as he was already in the building and has the jobs of about 5 or 6 people where someone who cared and knew what they were doing would create a proper structure in the club hierarchy.

So in reality what he brings is a load of bland soundbites which totally fail to convince anyone that anyone involved in the club knows what they're doing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:17 - Feb 9 with 4245 viewsReuser_is_God

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:16 - Feb 9 by LankHenners

I suppose he was given his position so someone at the top level of the club had some idea of how football worked.

Problem is, it was a cheap and easy option for Evans as he was already in the building and has the jobs of about 5 or 6 people where someone who cared and knew what they were doing would create a proper structure in the club hierarchy.

So in reality what he brings is a load of bland soundbites which totally fail to convince anyone that anyone involved in the club knows what they're doing.

He’s just a typical Evans employee.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:19 - Feb 9 with 4237 viewsElephantintheRoom

The theory is good - someone from the academy to pilot a renaissance via the academy.... the first 'football man' appointed in the Evans era - as opposed to a latrine digger from the army and a reject spiv from spivs-r-us.

All this requires is patience and luck. As has been said before Robosn would have been drummed out by the supporters - and so to would have been Ramsey if the vocal minority had the platform then that they have today.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:27 - Feb 9 with 4191 viewsernie

He is cheap. Evans is probably paying him next to nothing
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:32 - Feb 9 with 4148 viewsDoctor_Earman

Mouthpiece.
Login to get fewer ads

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:33 - Feb 9 with 4147 viewsLeoMuff

Let this article inform you.....

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ipswich-owner-explains-lee-oneills-new-gene

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:44 - Feb 9 with 4104 viewshoppy

Cheese and pineapple on sticks?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:59 - Feb 9 with 4055 viewsRegencyBlue

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:10 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

That’s what Clegg and Milne were for!
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:03 - Feb 9 with 4026 viewsCoco

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:33 - Feb 9 by LeoMuff

Let this article inform you.....

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ipswich-owner-explains-lee-oneills-new-gene

Not sure that helps. What a muddled mess.

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:08 - Feb 9 with 3998 viewsitfcjoe

Well he was the manager of our successful academy, Klug’s boss - and presumably still is as no one else qualified to run an academy as per the EPPP roles

Plus he’s responsible for bringing back the community trust and all that entails

Plus picking up Milne’s job basically

Plus now being a DoF effectively

He’s seemingly very capable, but now being spread to thinly - is highly rated in the game and would walk into a job at a better club, but like every senior football person is up against Evans

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:11 - Feb 9 with 3980 viewsjeera

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:12 - Feb 9 by Fixed_It

People desperately thrashing around looking for scapegoats. Anyone else we can blame? Not sure the tea lady has been in the firing line yet...

The last coffee I had at the ground was flippin' awful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:13 - Feb 9 with 3971 viewsSomethingBlue

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:08 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Well he was the manager of our successful academy, Klug’s boss - and presumably still is as no one else qualified to run an academy as per the EPPP roles

Plus he’s responsible for bringing back the community trust and all that entails

Plus picking up Milne’s job basically

Plus now being a DoF effectively

He’s seemingly very capable, but now being spread to thinly - is highly rated in the game and would walk into a job at a better club, but like every senior football person is up against Evans

Yes, he's having to do about five different jobs.

It occurred to me earlier that it's quite astonishing we no longer have a chief executive, managing director or equivalent — instead we simply get told "Marcus is spending a lot more time at the club" as if it's some kind of grand favour but it quite clearly is nowhere near enough and we've basically just saved ourselves a salary in a key position. So much of our downfall has been a result of skimping on expertise and competence in the levels between Evans and the manager. Our infrastructure is barely top-half L1 standard. What we are getting now simply reflects what we've put in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:22 - Feb 9 with 3915 viewsitfcjoe

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:13 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

Yes, he's having to do about five different jobs.

It occurred to me earlier that it's quite astonishing we no longer have a chief executive, managing director or equivalent — instead we simply get told "Marcus is spending a lot more time at the club" as if it's some kind of grand favour but it quite clearly is nowhere near enough and we've basically just saved ourselves a salary in a key position. So much of our downfall has been a result of skimping on expertise and competence in the levels between Evans and the manager. Our infrastructure is barely top-half L1 standard. What we are getting now simply reflects what we've put in.

The line about Evans spending more time here is, predictably, BS too.

Off the pitch we are a joke in reality, and like you say getting what we deserve - it was a point I laboured when Mick was here, that he was holding it all together and a replacement would need to be experienced and would likely struggle

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:28 - Feb 9 with 3869 viewsBLUEBEAT

the correct answer is: a brown nose

Poll: W or W

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:35 - Feb 9 with 3827 viewsr2d2

Mouth piece for Evans. As Clegg and Milne were before him.
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:54 - Feb 9 with 3763 viewsLeoMuff

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:03 - Feb 9 by Coco

Not sure that helps. What a muddled mess.

Very much so

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 18:40 - Feb 9 with 3627 viewsunstableblue

Coco - I think the problem with Lee O'Neill is he'snot really been put into a proper management structure that is needed for his kind of role... it seem to the me his role is a bit of an after thought, rather than a coherent management system akin to the likes of Brentford. For example, typically Lee O'Neil would sit between Marcus and the manager.

I still the intent of his role is a step in the right direction.

It blows my mind that we had Clegg and Milne, who were sh!t at the off field side let alone any football knowledge.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 18:52 - Feb 9 with 3606 viewshaynes_toe1

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 16:22 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

The line about Evans spending more time here is, predictably, BS too.

Off the pitch we are a joke in reality, and like you say getting what we deserve - it was a point I laboured when Mick was here, that he was holding it all together and a replacement would need to be experienced and would likely struggle

Despite the fact I really don't rate Lambert and think he is costing us big time in this league, you have to concede the fact that the support structure behind him is limited at best, non-league standard at worst.

Now, for this season, it shouldn't really matter. He's got the best squad (ish) in the division and we're going to be the biggest wage spenders in the league. But since Lambert's doing such a poor job it looks like we could well be here next season and that's where having a proper structure in place, a Director of Football or something at the very least would be vital for dealing with the negotiations of everyone trying to asset-strip the club (in player terms) for naff all money because they'll know we need it.
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 18:53 - Feb 9 with 3599 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 18:52 - Feb 9 by haynes_toe1

Despite the fact I really don't rate Lambert and think he is costing us big time in this league, you have to concede the fact that the support structure behind him is limited at best, non-league standard at worst.

Now, for this season, it shouldn't really matter. He's got the best squad (ish) in the division and we're going to be the biggest wage spenders in the league. But since Lambert's doing such a poor job it looks like we could well be here next season and that's where having a proper structure in place, a Director of Football or something at the very least would be vital for dealing with the negotiations of everyone trying to asset-strip the club (in player terms) for naff all money because they'll know we need it.

Lambert is happy with the structure in the background. He doesn’t want a proper director of football, nor people like Dave Bowman involved.
What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 19:13 - Feb 9 with 3563 viewsjeera

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 18:53 - Feb 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Lambert is happy with the structure in the background. He doesn’t want a proper director of football, nor people like Dave Bowman involved.

That's a fair point actually.

I'm one of those who keeps saying 'we need this/need that', but not all managers are going to be able to deal with that scenario.

A strong headed character might not want to feel they're answering to another authority other than the boss himself.

It has to be an accepted system from top to bottom. Ingrained, well-practiced and understood by all.

The communism of football.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 19:15 - Feb 9 with 3553 viewsHerbivore

A bottle of rose wine and some petrol station flowers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 19:17 - Feb 9 with 3541 viewspatrickswell

What does Lee O’Neill bring to the party exactly? on 15:19 - Feb 9 by ElephantintheRoom

The theory is good - someone from the academy to pilot a renaissance via the academy.... the first 'football man' appointed in the Evans era - as opposed to a latrine digger from the army and a reject spiv from spivs-r-us.

All this requires is patience and luck. As has been said before Robosn would have been drummed out by the supporters - and so to would have been Ramsey if the vocal minority had the platform then that they have today.

I love this theory that modern supporters would have drummed out Ramsey and Robson. It’s palpable nonsense. Ramsey never made such a pigs ear out of any of his promotion/title bids as Lambert appears to have done with this one. Robson successfully kept a team up through several seasons of relegation battles in the top flight and managed wins in that time over the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool. When Lambert’s led us into games against second and third tier likes of those clubs it’s been a draw at best.

You’re right that it requires patience, the problem is that too many of Evans’s picks have been operating in an environment where the team has continually been struggling. Once Keane, Jewell and Hurst got on losing runs they snowballed. Lambert’s no different and it’s impossible for fans to practise patience when they have failure and incoherence served up to them week after week after week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024