Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. 17:10 - Apr 7 with 2765 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Would you take it? I would absolutely, as I don't care for football at all anymore, and the last few weeks has just proven to me how important all the little aspects of a 'normal life' are once they've been taken away from you. I want them back ASAP.

Just interested to see what everyone else would pick.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:14 - Apr 7 with 2740 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’d be surprised if the general consensus on this forum agrees with you here in choosing to not wait a few weeks (at most, months) for things to return to nearer normal than to have everything back tomorrow but sacrificing football (a hobby and a passion for most of us) forever.

I’d rather wait it out and have football back when we can. The town might be sh** but the Euros next summer should be great.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:18 - Apr 7 with 2723 viewsMattinLondon

Think most people would but I do miss football- it may well be morally bankrupt, only cares about itself, full of greed, full of charlatans, liars and backstabbers but I do love it still.
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:19 - Apr 7 with 2716 viewsJ2BLUE

No

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:21 - Apr 7 with 2715 viewsSomethingBlue

Happy to wait, the days are going by pleasantly enough at the moment and it's quite nice enjoying some of the simpler things at home and nearby. But it's obviously an individual perspective; in normal times I'm very often travelling, for example, so a pause and some extended time around here is going down quite healthily. That doesn't other important things aren't missed. But they'll be back; it's OK.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:21 - Apr 7 with 2708 viewsTractorCam

No chance.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:23 - Apr 7 with 2698 viewsNotSure

Normal wasn't that great and a bit overrated to be honest.
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:30 - Apr 7 with 2676 viewsSarge

I haven’t missed football for a second and had skipped the two games prior to it shutting down anyway. At the same time, my life has changed very little as a result of all this so I’m not particularly bothered about if and when it goes back to ‘normal’. That being said it has strengthened my desire to find a new job so I’d quite like there to be some available again soon.
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:30 - Apr 7 with 2676 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:23 - Apr 7 by NotSure

Normal wasn't that great and a bit overrated to be honest.

Herein lies the answer for me... My normal wasn't that great either (it wasn't bad) but I could have easily improved it by doing simple things, for example being more outgoing/approachable and meeting more new people, attending more social events which I'd generally choose not to due to being 'too tired' etc. Now I can't do those things I realise how much I want to. So this has shown me exactly what I need to do to enjoy myself more. Invaluable in that sense, and in the bigger picture much more important than football.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:53 - Apr 7 with 2629 viewsSitfcB

You’re mental.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:59 - Apr 7 with 2619 viewsBrixtonBlue

No. Football's more than just the football. It's a day out with my mates who I've known for years.

I don't actually mind this working from home lark either. Seems less stressful to me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:06 - Apr 7 with 2596 viewsBluefish

I see your thinking, end football now forever before PRP has a chance to do even more damage

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:27 - Apr 7 with 2561 viewsPecker

I miss football more than I ever thought I would, but of course I would rather things were back to normal. Both would obviously be better.
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:30 - Apr 7 with 2560 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can we go back to a time when Bluefish wasn't a mentalist?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:34 - Apr 7 with 2548 viewsBlueBadger

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:30 - Apr 7 by BrixtonBlue

It's sad to see Lambert doing to his mental health what Mick once did to Texters'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:59 - Apr 7 with 2508 viewsLeaky

Could manage with out football. However how many times would you go to Accrington on the piss with your mates through choice?
Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 20:34 - Apr 7 with 2428 viewsfactual_blue

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:30 - Apr 7 by BrixtonBlue

That would be when dinosaurs ruled the earth.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 2409 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 18:59 - Apr 7 by Leaky

Could manage with out football. However how many times would you go to Accrington on the piss with your mates through choice?

I could certainly manage without football more than my life, or anyone else's for that matter.

If giving up football meant we could end the suffering and premature deaths, and all the sh*t that our docs/nurses are going through, I'd happily end it tomorrow.

Always wanted to watch more women's beach volleyball anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 2389 viewsmonytowbray

Things go 'back to normal' tomorrow but there will never be any football again. on 17:30 - Apr 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Herein lies the answer for me... My normal wasn't that great either (it wasn't bad) but I could have easily improved it by doing simple things, for example being more outgoing/approachable and meeting more new people, attending more social events which I'd generally choose not to due to being 'too tired' etc. Now I can't do those things I realise how much I want to. So this has shown me exactly what I need to do to enjoy myself more. Invaluable in that sense, and in the bigger picture much more important than football.

I’m having the opposite but in a nice way. I feel like I can value my own time and keep myself entertained and I think pre-therapy I’d have struggled there as I was a vicious cycle overthinker and didn’t like myself all too much.

Today was the first time, considering I’m on day 27 of this self-isolation lark, I realised I’ve had no face to face contact with people I talk to every day, which was weird. I think the connected world makes it much easier. Imagine if this had of happened in the 80s or the 90s. *shudders*

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024