Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? 21:52 - Sep 8 with 3520 viewstractordownsouth

It's a glorified friendly. Wasn't a great result but we hit the woodwork 3 times and had the ball cleared off the line too, so it's not as if we weren't creating. Thought Judge had a decent game too.

I'm slightly worried about the CB situation going into Sunday and it doesn't look like KVY or Jackson will be back, but really don't think tonight is any cause for concern.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:54 - Sep 8 with 2654 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It's not even glorified, just a standard friendly, training match.

In regards to the flouncing, you know that the flounce going to be horrendous this evening, will be borderline comical I suspect.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 21:55]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:55 - Sep 8 with 2642 viewsHerbivore

It's pretty much as meaningless as Saturday was. We've basically had two extra preseason games just that the Results actually count to some degree.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:55 - Sep 8 with 2632 viewsBluedandy

Yes ... our first team lost to children.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:56 - Sep 8 with 2612 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:55 - Sep 8 by Bluedandy

Yes ... our first team lost to children.

Gold medal flounce.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:56 - Sep 8 with 2611 viewsm14_blue

I genuinely can’t believe anyone cares.

We’ll find out on Sunday how well prepared we are for the season, that’s all that matters from tonight.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:57 - Sep 8 with 2598 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:55 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

It's pretty much as meaningless as Saturday was. We've basically had two extra preseason games just that the Results actually count to some degree.

Not really. The League cup is much bigger tournament.

Enjoyed winning that game 3-0 but wasn't getting carried away with that. This was a slightly disappointing result but not anything significant.

Sunday is obviously more important.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I think people are just saying that..... on 21:57 - Sep 8 with 2597 viewsBloots

....we didn't play particularly well.

Especially for the last hour and in the second half when the Arsenal kids passed the ball around us with ease for long periods.

Is that anymore of a flounce than getting a stiffy because we beat a terrible Bristol Rovers team in the League Cup?

I don't think so.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:58 - Sep 8 with 2579 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the thing that concerns me is how much we miss Ward.

We need more organisers in the team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:02 - Sep 8 with 2525 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I hope Garner doesn’t take our defence on and hang them out to dry!
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:03 - Sep 8 with 2507 viewsBluedandy

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:56 - Sep 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Gold medal flounce.

You're right ... at least it wasn't the under 11s ... though once upon time we actually beat their men's team in a Cup Final.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:03 - Sep 8 with 2507 viewsHerbivore

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 21:57 - Sep 8 by Terry_Nutkins

Not really. The League cup is much bigger tournament.

Enjoyed winning that game 3-0 but wasn't getting carried away with that. This was a slightly disappointing result but not anything significant.

Sunday is obviously more important.

What a surprise. So meaningless cup (basically preseason) games count if we win but don't if we lose, are those the rules now?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:05 - Sep 8 with 2481 viewsSimonds92

As much as im not getting too wroked up it is typical Ipswich Town to lose in this way we just have a really soft underbelly.
However i remember the past few years the arrogance of some posters on here acusing others of 'flouncing' as if they are completely overreacting. I think those who have been accused of flouncing have been proven thoroughly correct to be concerned about the state of the club both on and off the field.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:06 - Sep 8 with 2472 viewsPique

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:03 - Sep 8 by Herbivore

What a surprise. So meaningless cup (basically preseason) games count if we win but don't if we lose, are those the rules now?

All cup games are essentially meaningless to us this season, including the FA Cup.

We have to get promoted this year - nothing else really matters.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:11 - Sep 8 with 2443 viewsstrikalite

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:06 - Sep 8 by Pique

All cup games are essentially meaningless to us this season, including the FA Cup.

That's every season....
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:14 - Sep 8 with 2411 viewsIpswichKnight

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:02 - Sep 8 by BtreeBlueBlood

I hope Garner doesn’t take our defence on and hang them out to dry!

I didn’t think our centre halves played badly they were let down by having a midfield that couldn’t tackle at all in front of them. We need Downes back.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:16 - Sep 8 with 2394 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:06 - Sep 8 by Pique

That is true but it would be nice to see a strong team go on a bit of a cup run (in one of the real cups not this silly one). It is fair enough resting the odd player for them (as in fact Lambert did tonight) but would be nice to see us treat them with some respect.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:29 - Sep 8 with 2318 viewsPique

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:16 - Sep 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is true but it would be nice to see a strong team go on a bit of a cup run (in one of the real cups not this silly one). It is fair enough resting the odd player for them (as in fact Lambert did tonight) but would be nice to see us treat them with some respect.

Normally I would agree with you, but thanks to the salary cap this is a season unlike any other.
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:30 - Sep 8 with 2311 viewsClapham_Junction

Not going to flounce, but certainly not looking forward to going into an office full of gooners tomorrow...
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:32 - Sep 8 with 2301 viewsPique

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:30 - Sep 8 by Clapham_Junction

Not going to flounce, but certainly not looking forward to going into an office full of gooners tomorrow...

Do you think they’ll have even noticed their kids are playing in this ridiculous trophy?
Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:43 - Sep 8 with 2242 viewsClapham_Junction

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 22:32 - Sep 8 by Pique

Do you think they’ll have even noticed their kids are playing in this ridiculous trophy?

I was told we'd drawn them in the group by one of them, so unfortunately yes.
I think people are just saying that..... on 22:44 - Sep 8 with 2235 viewsradiogaga

I think people are just saying that..... on 21:57 - Sep 8 by Bloots

Especially for the last hour and in the second half when the Arsenal kids passed the ball around us with ease for long periods.

Is that anymore of a flounce than getting a stiffy because we beat a terrible Bristol Rovers team in the League Cup?

I don't think so.

Arsenal have one of the best academies in the country. Aside from going out on loan, nights like tonight are the best chance for many of these to stand out/ catch the first team's eye. Sako and Nketiah recently broke into their first team with the U21s undoubtedly helping them. We've hardly lost to a Sunday league outfit tonight.

I don't think people were 'getting a stiffy' after Saturday's win. People were saying it was a really good performance with a lot of positives, I don't remember any big statements being made about us winning the league/ scoring 100 goals (this time). In equal measure, tonight was disappointing but it is one game, a game that still could easily have gone the other way had we not hit the woodwork 3 times and had several efforts blocked on the line.

Peterborough lost 1-0 at home to a league two side on Saturday/ needed penalties to beat Burton at home tonight after shipping 3 goals, does that mean they're doomed to have a bad season too?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 22:47]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 23:29 - Sep 8 with 2146 viewsGarv

You're not reading things right if that's the conclusion you're drawing from that post.

He's right anyway, the League Cup is a bigger competition. The fact that Rovers are in our league as well gives that game a bit more meaning. As already mentioned though, neither game is one to dwell on too long.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 23:34 - Sep 8 with 2130 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Eh? I'm saying i didnt get carried away with either and it's the league that counts.

I don't think it is a controversial statement to say the league cup is a bigger cup than the EFL trophy. I wanted us to rest more players tonight and said that before the game. But as i said it's Sunday that counts not either of these two games.

What point is it you think you are making/picking me up on here?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 23:37]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I think people are just saying that..... on 23:39 - Sep 8 with 2105 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think people are just saying that..... on 21:57 - Sep 8 by Bloots

I don't think so.

Funny how Bristol Rovers have become "terrible" since we beat them. I don't remember anyone describing them thusly before the game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Are people seriously flouncing over this result? on 23:40 - Sep 8 with 2098 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not remotely saying that is he?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024