Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just had a run in with the old bill! 11:32 - Oct 2 with 3527 viewsGeoffSentence

One of my neighbours reported me to the RSPCA for killing a pigeon.

I didn't kill a pigeon by the way, in case anyone is concerned, but I have been shooting dried chickpeas at them with a slingshot to encourage the little blighters to move off my house. I am more likely to be feeding them than killing them, it is actually pretty difficult to hit them, I've never managed it yet.

The wildlife crimes police officer seemed perfectly satisfied.

I cant understand why someone would tell porky pies to the authorities like that though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:33 - Oct 2 with 2112 viewsStokieBlue

Send in a report of them having 7 people in the garden watching you shoot the pigeons.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:33 - Oct 2 with 2110 viewsKropotkin123

Is it illegal to kill a pigeon? What if you ate it afterwards?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:35 - Oct 2 with 2089 viewsGeoffSentence

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:33 - Oct 2 by Kropotkin123

Yep you cant kill pigeons, unless you have a license.

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:37 - Oct 2 with 2076 viewsSteve_M

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:33 - Oct 2 by Kropotkin123

And you have to catch it first:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:39 - Oct 2 with 2057 viewsElephantintheRoom

Its not advisable to shoot at noisy or nosey neighbours either

You must be a nice tolerant chap if a pigeon annoys you

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:39 - Oct 2 with 2052 viewshampstead_blue

Good idea, slingshot with chickpeas.
Will you have pea plants next spring?

Seems like a right plonker to dob you in for that. Put some wet bread on his car roof and watch them poo all over it......that will change his tune....(wet bread sticks btw, I learned that from our builders)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:40 - Oct 2 with 2052 viewsKropotkin123

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:35 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

Would be funny if you had pulled out a license

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 2041 viewsSitfcB

*waits for Romford to see this*

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:44 - Oct 2 with 2035 viewsKropotkin123

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:42 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

*waits for Romford to see this*

Did he report his neighbour for killing a pigeon?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:51 - Oct 2 with 2015 viewsHARRY10

totally the wrong approach, I'm afraid

you would have been better to try and have a quiet word with them

they will understand what you are saying

most speak pidgin English
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:57 - Oct 2 with 1993 viewsBloomBlue

Sorry but if (and I quote) "I am more likely to be feeding them than killing them" what's the forking point of doing it as surely you're just attracting them???? Wouldn't not firing chickpeas and not feeding them result in them flying somewhere else to get food and cure your pigeon problem?
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:59 - Oct 2 with 1976 viewsTrumptonBlue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:01 - Oct 2 with 1975 viewsGeoffSentence

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:57 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

Sorry but if (and I quote) "I am more likely to be feeding them than killing them" what's the forking point of doing it as surely you're just attracting them???? Wouldn't not firing chickpeas and not feeding them result in them flying somewhere else to get food and cure your pigeon problem?

That was a humorous interlude, in actual fact they dont eat the chickpeas. They feed in the fields round here. Someone released a dozen white doves in the village last year and the little blighters have been breeding like crazy. There must be around a hundred of them now, I counted over 60 in one field and they do split up to forage. They dont roost on my house for the free nosh, they come for the accommodation, they love the solar panels.

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:17 - Oct 2 with 1918 viewsBloomBlue

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:01 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

That was a humorous interlude, in actual fact they dont eat the chickpeas. They feed in the fields round here. Someone released a dozen white doves in the village last year and the little blighters have been breeding like crazy. There must be around a hundred of them now, I counted over 60 in one field and they do split up to forage. They dont roost on my house for the free nosh, they come for the accommodation, they love the solar panels.

I think you're making it worse You have solar panels part of the worlds approach to helping the environment which helps the animals and birds and now you're trying to kill the birds
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:23 - Oct 2 with 1904 viewsReincarnatedPigeon

Two sides to every story mate
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:26 - Oct 2 with 1875 viewsSwailsey

Are you Dennis the Menace?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:26 - Oct 2 with 1874 viewsgiant_stow

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:23 - Oct 2 by ReincarnatedPigeon

swift work

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:29 - Oct 2 with 1859 viewsgiant_stow

What lovely neighbours you have.

(mind you, I think one of mine might have threatenned to kill me in a drunken ragey breakdowny rant to the moon two years ago. It was either me or the bloke the other side of him. In fairness, he's clamed down now and had just become a widower, so no hard feelings)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:32 - Oct 2 with 1843 viewsReincarnatedPigeon

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:26 - Oct 2 by giant_stow

swift work

Thanks... I'm now going to upvote every post by Kropotkin123 ever.
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:36 - Oct 2 with 1831 viewsWeWereZombies

Old Bill is a slightly disrespectful way to refer to William, King of the Pigeons (also known as William the Splatterer)...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:48 - Oct 2 with 1784 viewsIpswichKnight

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 11:35 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

I’ll report the Sparrowhawk next time I see it!
I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:49 - Oct 2 with 1767 viewsWeWereZombies

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:32 - Oct 2 by ReincarnatedPigeon

Thanks... I'm now going to upvote every post by Kropotkin123 ever.

Go ahead by all means but it is a choice I would find difficult to swallow...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:54 - Oct 2 with 1744 viewsSuperblue95

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 12:23 - Oct 2 by ReincarnatedPigeon

An incredibly niche comedy creation. Have an uppie

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:03 - Oct 2 with 1711 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've just had a run in with the old bill! on 13:08 - Oct 2 with 1692 viewsTractorWood

Maybe time to up the ante with a wasabi pea?

I thought you were going to say it was total lie. Not that you have just been operating a garden occupation deterrent via legumes and a slingshot. Classic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024