Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit 10:41 - Nov 22 with 3304 viewsGlasgowBlue

––––––––––––––––-Holy–––––––––––––––-

KVY––-–––––-Woolfie–––––-Toto––––––––-Ward

––––––Bishop–––––-Downes–––––Dozzell–––––-

Lankaster–––––––––Norwood––––––––-–Edwards

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:42 - Nov 22 with 1428 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not having Toto in best XI.

Chambers along Woolfenden.

Problem is you’d be lucky to get all them fit at any one time.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:44 - Nov 22 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:42 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think Chambers is past his best as a centre back and he doesn’t make right back if KVY is fit.

Iron Lion Zion

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:44 - Nov 22 with 1402 viewsBlueBadger

Swap Chambers for Toto and that's about there.

Can we have a competent manager in the dugout as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:45 - Nov 22 with 1402 viewsWallingford_Boy

Swap McG for Toto and yep, that’s it

RIP Sir Bobby

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:54 - Nov 22 with 1362 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson for Lankaster on current form/threat. But otherwise, I agree with that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:57 - Nov 22 with 1353 viewsreusersfreekicks

Wilson for Toto for me. Less mistake prone.
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:01 - Nov 22 with 1352 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:44 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Fishers has some spare time on his hands. Put him in the dugout.

Iron Lion Zion

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:01 - Nov 22 with 1336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:57 - Nov 22 by reusersfreekicks

Wilson for Toto for me. Less mistake prone.

Don’t have a problem with that.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:11 - Nov 22 with 1310 viewsgordon

---------------------Holy----------------------

KVY--Chambers--Woolfenden--Nydam

---------Downes--Dozzell--Bishop-------

---------Dobra--Norwood-- Edwards

That'd be the team I'd most like to see play out of our squad - six academy graduates, really comfortable, quick and forward thinking in the full-back positions which is really important, and really dangerous from wide areas - can't remember the last time I saw a proper ITFC counter-attacking goal, but would be possible with that lot.

Lankester is an odd one at the moment, great player and some really good moments in central positions, but at other times his touch or awareness lets him down a bit, and he doesn't get on the ball quite as much as you'd like.

EDIT - I'd be quite happy with Wilson on for Chambers - but suspect that having Chambers on the pitch provides a lot of benefit in terms of his experience and talking.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 11:12]
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 1309 viewspointofblue

Holy
Vincent-Young - Woolfenden - Chambers - Ward
Dozzell - Downes - Bishop
Lankester - Norwood - Edwards

Ten of the eleven pick themselves IMO. The big question is who plays as centre forward as Norwood, Hawkins and Jackson all have opposing strengths and weaknesses.

It says a lot that we kicked off with only four of the above yesterday with three of the others on the bench. Four of the XI were unavailable and Bishop is seemingly about to join them. Then, just fir fun, our reserve XI

Cornell
Donacien - Nsiala - Wilson - Kenlock
Nydam - McGavin - Nolan
Bennetts - Hawkins - Jackson

A further three unavailable from this bunch with Nolan possibly joining them. The fact that I’d currently have Huws, Judge and Sears in our third best XI shows both our strength in depth in some positions along with how their performances have fallen off a cliff but we’re being seriously stretched at the moment.

Wright
Crowe - McGuinness - Baggott - Ndaba
Judge - Huws - Gibbs
Sears - Simpson - Dobra

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:14 - Nov 22 with 1298 viewsgordon

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:12 - Nov 22 by pointofblue

Holy
Vincent-Young - Woolfenden - Chambers - Ward
Dozzell - Downes - Bishop
Lankester - Norwood - Edwards

Ten of the eleven pick themselves IMO. The big question is who plays as centre forward as Norwood, Hawkins and Jackson all have opposing strengths and weaknesses.

It says a lot that we kicked off with only four of the above yesterday with three of the others on the bench. Four of the XI were unavailable and Bishop is seemingly about to join them. Then, just fir fun, our reserve XI

Cornell
Donacien - Nsiala - Wilson - Kenlock
Nydam - McGavin - Nolan
Bennetts - Hawkins - Jackson

A further three unavailable from this bunch with Nolan possibly joining them. The fact that I’d currently have Huws, Judge and Sears in our third best XI shows both our strength in depth in some positions along with how their performances have fallen off a cliff but we’re being seriously stretched at the moment.

Wright
Crowe - McGuinness - Baggott - Ndaba
Judge - Huws - Gibbs
Sears - Simpson - Dobra

Are you sure it's strength in depth and not mediocrity in depth, though?
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:15 - Nov 22 with 1298 viewsSomethingBlue

Holy

KVY Chambers Woolfenden Ward

Downes Dozzell

Lankester Bishop Edwards

Jackson

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:20 - Nov 22 with 1273 viewsportmanroadblue

Holy

Woolfenden
Chambers
Wilson

KVY
Bishop
Downes
Dozzell
Edwards

Hawkins
Norwood
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:58 - Nov 22 with 1237 viewspointofblue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:14 - Nov 22 by gordon

Are you sure it's strength in depth and not mediocrity in depth, though?

If everyone’s fit then it’s strength. I doubt many sides at this level could have the likes of Judge, Huws and Sears (even in their current states) in their third XIs.

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:06 - Nov 22 with 1223 viewsWD19

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:44 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

With the current squad I would be tempted to pick Lambert in CM just to keep him away from the bench.
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:25 - Nov 22 with 1182 viewsBlueBadger

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:06 - Nov 22 by WD19

With the current squad I would be tempted to pick Lambert in CM just to keep him away from the bench.

Doe he have much of a playing pedigree? I don't think he's ever mentioned it over the past two years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:28 - Nov 22 with 1170 viewsthebooks

Maybe Chambers for Toto.

Definitely Jackson for Norwood.

The midfield is the correct midfield.
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:34 - Nov 22 with 1154 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:44 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

I think Chambers is past his best as a centre back and he doesn’t make right back if KVY is fit.

I don’t know who else goes in there though. Toto certainly not, Wilson probably not.

Possibly McGuinness, important to remember McGuinness still only 19.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 14:10]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:46 - Nov 22 with 1124 viewspointofblue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:34 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don’t know who else goes in there though. Toto certainly not, Wilson probably not.

Possibly McGuinness, important to remember McGuinness still only 19.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 14:10]

And not ours; if he was I’d certainly advocate playing him every game. However, he’s more accident prone than Chambers and Wilson combined.

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 1109 viewspositivity

agree on that team entirely, IF we play 4-3-3, still not sure that's the formation that brings out the best in the squad though

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 13:47 - Nov 22 with 1048 viewsdavblue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 11:15 - Nov 22 by SomethingBlue

Holy

KVY Chambers Woolfenden Ward

Downes Dozzell

Lankester Bishop Edwards

Jackson

I can’t have Jackson in that lone striker role. He’s so limited with his back to goal, it just doesn’t stick up there.
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 14:01 - Nov 22 with 1020 viewsKeaneish

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:42 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’d probably alternate Jackson and Lankester too but other than that and Chambers for Nsiala, it’s probably as strong as we’ve got.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 14:05 - Nov 22 with 1011 viewswoiii

I'd prefer Chambers or Wilson in there instead of Woolfenden, who I don't think has natural positional sense at center back.
Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 14:06 - Nov 22 with 1004 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 10:45 - Nov 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Swap McG for Toto and yep, that’s it

McGoldrick would be wasted at CB.

I think there is little between McGuinness, Chambers and Nsiala at centre back. Alongside Woolfenden I think I might go with Chambers but a lot of it is about who works best as a partnership. This again is true of the midfield. That combination in the OP is the best 3 currently (if Downes is fit) but would it work as well as Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan or some other combination. I think if Huws gets fully match fit he might get in there.

Otherwise, I wouldn't argue with the OP.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 14:08 - Nov 22 with 994 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Your preferred 11 when everyone is fit on 13:47 - Nov 22 by davblue

I can’t have Jackson in that lone striker role. He’s so limited with his back to goal, it just doesn’t stick up there.

If it was to work, the tactics would have to be to pass the ball in to his feet or play the ball over the top for him to run onto. Shrewsbury were completely done by his pace repeatedly yesterday. Just because he would be a lone striker, it doesn't mean his role would have to be a hold-up role.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024