Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just asking. 18:07 - Mar 8 with 7691 viewsFelstow1978

So how does a discreet garden-side chat with Oprah sit alongside calls for privacy and being left alone? Just how much money can the role of Victim make you?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Just asking. on 18:08 - Mar 8 with 4457 viewsfooters

Fill yer boots.

And P.S. Why do you care?

The Harry and Meghan ‘interview’ aired here tonight by Illinoisblue 8 Mar 2021 3:43
Definitely tune in if you’d like to hear a privileged wealthy couple piss and moan for an hour.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just asking. on 18:10 - Mar 8 with 4425 viewswkj

You'd be a fool not to do a sit down with Oprah. She wanted to do an interview with me in 2011 offering £3.5 million (a lot of money back then.) We were all ready to go but she ended up having to pull out of the whole thing as she forgot to set up the SkyQ to record family fortunes on Challenge TV. She still let me keep the dosh though, so she's a good egg.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just asking. on 18:13 - Mar 8 with 4396 viewscatch74

Just asking. on 18:10 - Mar 8 by wkj

You'd be a fool not to do a sit down with Oprah. She wanted to do an interview with me in 2011 offering £3.5 million (a lot of money back then.) We were all ready to go but she ended up having to pull out of the whole thing as she forgot to set up the SkyQ to record family fortunes on Challenge TV. She still let me keep the dosh though, so she's a good egg.

‘I was trapped on a football forum and I didn’t know it.’

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Just asking. on 18:15 - Mar 8 with 4377 viewswkj

Just asking. on 18:13 - Mar 8 by catch74

‘I was trapped on a football forum and I didn’t know it.’

I see she also contacted you... how much did she offer?

Crybaby

Just asking. on 18:16 - Mar 8 with 4370 viewscatch74

Just asking. on 18:15 - Mar 8 by wkj

I see she also contacted you... how much did she offer?

I don’t want to upstage you but ... £3.7m.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Just asking. on 18:17 - Mar 8 with 4353 viewswkj

Just asking. on 18:16 - Mar 8 by catch74

I don’t want to upstage you but ... £3.7m.

Bah... Who is Oprah any way - Just a poor man's answer to Trisha.

Crybaby

Just asking. on 18:19 - Mar 8 with 4337 viewsJ2BLUE

Why should she be cast as the evil witch who stole Harry away from a nation?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 8 with 4220 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure you’re thinking this through.

They will NEVER have privacy. But how celebs handle that in the US is by giving a certain and controlled access on their terms. And in that way they can guard their private lives.

The UK press is notoriously bad at respecting that but this is the way to handle things.

Whether they’re right to talk about the Royal Family and heat up the situation is another question. But if there’s a case to answer and the antagonistic UK press has already taken a side against them anyway then why not go on the attack?

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Just asking. on 18:49 - Mar 8 with 4211 viewsLeoMuff

A scan today of the express and daily mail online sites I counted over 50 articles and opinion pieces on the interview and situation, mostly very negative indeed towards Meghan and Harry, and this has been going on for some time.

How else do they get their side of the story heard against that sort of barrage of negative press ? They are entitled to stand up for themselves and that doesn’t effect their right to not be harassed by the press.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Just asking. on 18:54 - Mar 8 with 4166 viewsBlueBadger

Because Oprah was INVITED, rather than sneaking around with a long-lens.

Think of it as the difference between someone being invited round for dinner or staring in through your window when you're eating your tea. Not hard.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 19:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just asking. on 19:07 - Mar 8 with 4113 viewsMelford

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Not sure you’re thinking this through.

They will NEVER have privacy. But how celebs handle that in the US is by giving a certain and controlled access on their terms. And in that way they can guard their private lives.

The UK press is notoriously bad at respecting that but this is the way to handle things.

Whether they’re right to talk about the Royal Family and heat up the situation is another question. But if there’s a case to answer and the antagonistic UK press has already taken a side against them anyway then why not go on the attack?

That's why John Lennon went over there after The Beatles, he'd do talk shows and interviews but after that he was left alone. Unless you put yourself out there or do something seriously bad you are living a private life. They don't follow people about off-duty.

There was a Max Clifford documentary on C4 the other week and if that is how the tabloid press work I can see why Harry wanted to get out of here, it's a complete cesspit.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Just asking. on 19:33 - Mar 8 with 4036 viewsbluelagos

The usual approach of the establishment/institutions towards whistleblowers is to attack the whistleblower rather than address the issues they are making public.

It relies on people being gullible enough to go along with their attacks and their being disinterested in what is being highlighted.

Fortunately not everyone is gullible and/or disinterested in racism within the Royal family, hence why this isn't going to be swept under the carpet whether you (or they) like it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just asking. on 21:16 - Mar 8 with 3866 viewsPendejo

Just asking. on 19:07 - Mar 8 by Melford

That's why John Lennon went over there after The Beatles, he'd do talk shows and interviews but after that he was left alone. Unless you put yourself out there or do something seriously bad you are living a private life. They don't follow people about off-duty.

There was a Max Clifford documentary on C4 the other week and if that is how the tabloid press work I can see why Harry wanted to get out of here, it's a complete cesspit.

I think using John Lennon is a really, really bad example.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just asking. on 21:17 - Mar 8 with 3858 viewsjeera

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just asking. on 21:26 - Mar 8 with 3844 viewsPendejo

My daughter and I were discussing who the family racist was, but Oprah ruled out suspect number one.

Thereafter I think the person referred to by Spitting Image as a brand of plane, whereas daughter suggested it was the nonce.

Saw one Royal journo spaffing on about how they were staffed by foreigners, so she couldn't possibly feel isolated... But what if those weren't supported by the overall machine.

As for the different paths story 're the brothers. Simple, one will be king and is straight jacketed. The other won't, so doesn't need to be. Out of the 2 of an I'd rather be Harry. A gilded cage is still a cage.

uberima fides

Just asking. on 21:28 - Mar 8 with 3826 viewsJ2BLUE

Just asking. on 21:26 - Mar 8 by Pendejo

My daughter and I were discussing who the family racist was, but Oprah ruled out suspect number one.

Thereafter I think the person referred to by Spitting Image as a brand of plane, whereas daughter suggested it was the nonce.

Saw one Royal journo spaffing on about how they were staffed by foreigners, so she couldn't possibly feel isolated... But what if those weren't supported by the overall machine.

As for the different paths story 're the brothers. Simple, one will be king and is straight jacketed. The other won't, so doesn't need to be. Out of the 2 of an I'd rather be Harry. A gilded cage is still a cage.

Saw one Royal journo spaffing on about how they were staffed by foreigners, so she couldn't possibly feel isolated...

*smashes head on desk*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just asking. on 21:33 - Mar 8 with 3804 viewsPendejo

Just asking. on 21:28 - Mar 8 by J2BLUE

Saw one Royal journo spaffing on about how they were staffed by foreigners, so she couldn't possibly feel isolated...

*smashes head on desk*

Yep. Sure that was a BBC chap

Paraphrased rather than word for word...

uberima fides

Just asking. on 21:59 - Mar 8 with 3706 viewsBlueschev

Neither are members of the Royal Family by blood, so who cares?
Just asking. on 22:05 - Mar 8 with 3690 viewsVic

Just asking. on 21:26 - Mar 8 by Pendejo

Have you watched The Crown? There are some really interesting conversations between Liz and Margaret which say exactly this - Liz saying she’d have loved to change places with Margaret.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just asking. on 22:24 - Mar 8 with 3611 viewsPinewoodblue

The interesting part isn't the colour of someone's skin it the bit where Megan says she didn't get support but they were prepared to lie to support another member of the family.

{Probably an age* thing but I really don't think discussing what colour an unborn's skin will be in actually racist, insensitive, inappropriate certainly but you could only consider the speaker to be racist if the colour of the skim would impact on how they felt about them.

* seems to me the younger you are the less tolerant you are.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just asking. on 22:39 - Mar 8 with 3544 viewsjeera

Just asking. on 22:24 - Mar 8 by Pinewoodblue

The interesting part isn't the colour of someone's skin it the bit where Megan says she didn't get support but they were prepared to lie to support another member of the family.

{Probably an age* thing but I really don't think discussing what colour an unborn's skin will be in actually racist, insensitive, inappropriate certainly but you could only consider the speaker to be racist if the colour of the skim would impact on how they felt about them.

* seems to me the younger you are the less tolerant you are.

I like you Piners but you're way off the mark with that one.

I think you have missed the context completely.

I am not prepared to get into an argument online over some stupidly rich people I have never met, but your last line is all over the place.

You don't fecking well ask someone what colour skin their unborn baby is going to be, but in this case the underlying context is clearly going to be taken the way it was, in that it would be a 'Royal' child, so the inquisitiveness wasn't likely to be innocent was it.

"Less tolerant" ffs. Less boorish generally you'd hope.

Just asking. on 22:41 - Mar 8 with 3538 viewsjeera

Just asking. on 22:05 - Mar 8 by Vic

Have you watched The Crown? There are some really interesting conversations between Liz and Margaret which say exactly this - Liz saying she’d have loved to change places with Margaret.

Well Margaret was enjoying her life wasn't she!

Certainly got the better end of the deal there.

Just asking. on 22:44 - Mar 8 with 3511 viewsRyorry

They weren't paid for the interview.

If you'd been actually watching the programme instead of making things up/trolling, you'd know that the primary reason the couple need to make money, apart from for the usual living costs, is to provide themselves with security from the death threats, race hate etc etc drummed up by racists, other trolls, the gutter press etc., since the RF decided to withdraw security from Archie & the family (*before* they decided to leave) - because Archie wouldn't have the title 'Prince' - because he'd be the wrong colour when he was born ...

Jeeez.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just asking. on 22:49 - Mar 8 with 3498 viewsSarge

Just asking. on 18:08 - Mar 8 by footers

Fill yer boots.

And P.S. Why do you care?

The Harry and Meghan ‘interview’ aired here tonight by Illinoisblue 8 Mar 2021 3:43
Definitely tune in if you’d like to hear a privileged wealthy couple piss and moan for an hour.

It’s the new COVID. Utterly tedious and impossible to avoid.
Just asking. on 23:17 - Mar 8 with 3415 viewsjeera

Just asking. on 22:39 - Mar 8 by jeera

I like you Piners but you're way off the mark with that one.

I think you have missed the context completely.

I am not prepared to get into an argument online over some stupidly rich people I have never met, but your last line is all over the place.

You don't fecking well ask someone what colour skin their unborn baby is going to be, but in this case the underlying context is clearly going to be taken the way it was, in that it would be a 'Royal' child, so the inquisitiveness wasn't likely to be innocent was it.

"Less tolerant" ffs. Less boorish generally you'd hope.

Marshals mullet do clear off you weird creep.

Pinewood has actually upvoted my post and your stirring nonsense isn't required.

Run along and don't start trying to get attention again. You've been on ignore for a year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024