Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't want us to go up this year 08:09 - Apr 6 with 1056 viewsBlueRaider

This will be controversial, but I don't want us to go up :

- Going up in my view makes the takeover less likely as the value of the club will increase
- We are nowhere near good enough for the championship, and Cook would have to build a team for it from almost scratch, the league is unforgiving and it would be so tough to stay up
- For me you need to feel like a good team to get promoted, we just don't, it is an indictment of the league that we are still in contention
- Promotion will be so much better with fans in the ground

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

I don't want us to go up this year on 08:11 - Apr 6 with 1032 viewsCoastalblue

I'm fairly confident you don't have to worry about us going up this season.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I don't want us to go up this year on 08:13 - Apr 6 with 1015 viewsChrisd

No need to worry about that Blueraider, it’s pretty evident that L1 is our home for another season at least.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I don't want us to go up this year on 08:17 - Apr 6 with 986 viewshype313

Mate, we couldn't muster a shot on goal against the worst team in the league, even if we make the play offs, it will be over after one leg.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I don't want us to go up this year on 08:43 - Apr 6 with 947 viewsGuthrum

Cook is going to have to pretty much build a team from scratch in the summer, anyway, by the looks of things. It might be better if he could do that with the greater income and more attractive status which comes with re-entering the Championship, rather than still being stuck in League One.

Once in the Champ, we only need to finish better than 22nd. Most seasons, that takes fewer than a dozen wins. There's also usually at least one real struggler dropping out of the division to take up one of the bottom three (like we did in 2019). It shouldn't be that hard, especially with some upward momentum (think of the boost coming from winning the play-offs after the season we've had) and some decent organisation.

I think the takeover is irrelevant. If the price is going to shift that much, then either negotiations are nowhere near as far down the line as some are suggesting, or Evans isn't really that interested in selling.

If we win the playoffs from where we are now - morale as well as League position - we will feel like a good team. It will be quite a turnaround from 0 - 0 versus Rochdale.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't want us to go up this year on 08:50 - Apr 6 with 924 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Don't worry. We aren't.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I don't want us to go up this year on 09:39 - Apr 6 with 869 viewsghostofescobar

We are so poor that if we went up, we'd get walloped every week and come straight back down.

GhostOfEscobar

I don't want us to go up this year on 10:15 - Apr 6 with 825 viewsFtnfwest

no chance anyway but i agree that for some time i've kind of hoped we wouldn't
I don't want us to go up this year on 10:17 - Apr 6 with 822 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone not wanting to go up needs to have a word with themselves. As others say though, it's extremely unlikely. Most of this lot probably want the extra time off and the play offs would be a burden.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't want us to go up this year on 10:19 - Apr 6 with 815 viewsgordon

I have to confess as well that I'm not 100% convinced that Champions League qualification this season would a good thing for the club, probably better to wait until we're in a position to really compete in the latter stages.
I don't want us to go up this year on 10:59 - Apr 6 with 767 viewsPinewoodblue

You needn’t worry about it, why should you, if the players don’t care. They can find another club, only if some of them are lucky, we are stuck with Ipswich Town.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I don't want us to go up this year on 00:08 - Apr 7 with 611 viewswkj

I do. I would always celebrate promotion loudly, but it would be bittersweet as we shouldn't be where we are now anyway.

I would be quite happy to return to PR in the Championship and pretend our relegation, along with covid, was all a crap dream.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I don't want us to go up this year on 00:14 - Apr 7 with 590 viewstextbackup

I don't want us to go up this year on 10:17 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

Anyone not wanting to go up needs to have a word with themselves. As others say though, it's extremely unlikely. Most of this lot probably want the extra time off and the play offs would be a burden.

can you just imagine our t*ats sat in the dressing room, even without the crowd pressure, before a playoff game.
PC and his coaching team looking around for the leaders to step up..... they are all sat down, looking at the floor, scared.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't want us to go up this year on 00:23 - Apr 7 with 580 viewschrismakin

I don't want us to go up this year on 00:14 - Apr 7 by textbackup

can you just imagine our t*ats sat in the dressing room, even without the crowd pressure, before a playoff game.
PC and his coaching team looking around for the leaders to step up..... they are all sat down, looking at the floor, scared.

i'm still trying to figure out from Rochdale, what weather conditions stopped us playing football? if it's windy and blowing, then you keep the ball low, if it's wet, you can keep the ball low, if it's snowing, hailing, raining cats and dogs, you can keep the ball low

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024