Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over appreciated players 09:24 - Jul 3 with 1819 viewsBluefish

We often talk about players being under appreciated. Is the Celina the most over appreciated ever?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Over appreciated players on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 1638 viewschicoazul

Here he is!

Edit; as in here Blubbers is, not as in here Celina is overrated. I’m sorry, I’m tired.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 9:34]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Over appreciated players on 09:26 - Jul 3 with 1610 viewssolemio

No, Bontcho is the most over-appreciated as a footballer, but correctly greatly appreciated as a person.
Over appreciated players on 09:27 - Jul 3 with 1597 viewsDubtractor

Weird post.

And no, not even close. He had a decent season for us, at a higher level, and people think he would be a good signing at this level.

Its not difficult.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Over appreciated players on 09:43 - Jul 3 with 1490 viewsBlueBadger

He's nowhere in the same league as Carlos Edwards, Alan Judge, Sito or Boncho in that respect.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Over appreciated players on 09:48 - Jul 3 with 1469 viewsclive_baker

Weird flex. He had a decent season here under MM and barely gets mentioned since. On what basis is he over appreciated? Unless I’ve missed the petitions for his statue?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Over appreciated players on 09:52 - Jul 3 with 1449 viewspointofblue

Over appreciated players on 09:48 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Weird flex. He had a decent season here under MM and barely gets mentioned since. On what basis is he over appreciated? Unless I’ve missed the petitions for his statue?

You mean there isn’t a statue already???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Over appreciated players on 09:56 - Jul 3 with 1430 viewsN2_Blue

Even for you this is a wierd one.

I now actually come to realise you do these for the reaction despite what you say. It's too obvious now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 with 1393 viewsDubtractor

If we're doing serious posts about over appreciated players, then Teddy Bishop has to be a contender.

Obviously he has had injury issues, but he made his debut in 2014 and his notable contributions over the 132 appearances since can probably be counted on one hand. Yet when it was announced that he could leave there was a lot of people swearing that it was a big mistake.

I like Bishop as a player FWIW, but he really hasn't done anything of note here despite all the love for him.

Jesus. I've turned into Libero haven't I?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 with 1394 viewsGuthrum

While some of the 'over appreciation' was layered on top by fans having a go at Mick McCarthy, Celina was still a talented and creative player for Town, if slightly erratic (he was only just 21 years old). Seven goals from 23 starts and 12 sub appearances is not a bad return for a midfielder/winger.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Over appreciated players on 10:06 - Jul 3 with 1376 viewsGuthrum

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 by Dubtractor

If we're doing serious posts about over appreciated players, then Teddy Bishop has to be a contender.

Obviously he has had injury issues, but he made his debut in 2014 and his notable contributions over the 132 appearances since can probably be counted on one hand. Yet when it was announced that he could leave there was a lot of people swearing that it was a big mistake.

I like Bishop as a player FWIW, but he really hasn't done anything of note here despite all the love for him.

Far more than him was Tamas Priskin. Lauded for one single goal, when, apart from that, he did very little at Town - for a big signing fee.

Over appreciated players on 10:15 - Jul 3 with 1325 viewsFixed_It

Oh god - here we go again!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Over appreciated players on 10:28 - Jul 3 with 1286 viewsBondiBlue

Dean Bowditch. And i was very guilty of it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Over appreciated players on 11:06 - Jul 3 with 1213 viewsBluefish

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 by Guthrum

While some of the 'over appreciation' was layered on top by fans having a go at Mick McCarthy, Celina was still a talented and creative player for Town, if slightly erratic (he was only just 21 years old). Seven goals from 23 starts and 12 sub appearances is not a bad return for a midfielder/winger.

Not in the class of Fraser or Lawrence or even the likes of McGoldrick but his name was sung far more even when he wasn't playing. Caused our supporters to lose the plot because they demanded he was brought on to replace an injured right back.
Celina has a few flashes but was bang average overall and often drifted through the game struggling to get involved. He has since failed to deliver in the championship and ended up in a poor French league team. Our supporters are now saying he is an unrealistic and mindblowing signing for us despite us going after players such as Bonne, Harper or Crooks.

If it is the Man City thing then we should have felt the same about Henshall, if it is the minor international bit then it should be the same about Dobra. It ismt though it is the overhype from his last time here.

Happy enough to sign him if he performs but let's not make out he is world class and above us

Over appreciated players on 11:10 - Jul 3 with 1201 viewsElephantintheRoom

That accolade surely goes to Pablo Counago?

And probably Boncho Genchev .... and Sixtu Peralta... in a 3-way tie

Mind you Boncho did start a Bulgarian restaurant back in the day - so I'll take him off the list.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Over appreciated players on 11:14 - Jul 3 with 1185 viewsBluefish

Over appreciated players on 11:10 - Jul 3 by ElephantintheRoom

Mind you Boncho did start a Bulgarian restaurant back in the day - so I'll take him off the list.

Pablo was class

Jimmy Juan is up there and also Matthew bates and Mike politt in goal

Over appreciated players on 11:16 - Jul 3 with 1175 viewsWD19

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 by Guthrum

He has since matured into a player who scored none in 30+ games.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 11:17]
Over appreciated players on 11:17 - Jul 3 with 1171 viewschicoazul

Over appreciated players on 10:03 - Jul 3 by Dubtractor

Where is that guy anyway?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Over appreciated players on 11:21 - Jul 3 with 1155 viewsBluefish

To be honest I expected to need to pay rent on all the headspace by now

Cheers all, your commitment means a lot

Over appreciated players on 13:21 - Jul 3 with 959 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Over appreciated players on 11:06 - Jul 3 by Bluefish

Not in the class of Fraser or Lawrence or even the likes of McGoldrick but his name was sung far more even when he wasn't playing. Caused our supporters to lose the plot because they demanded he was brought on to replace an injured right back.
Celina has a few flashes but was bang average overall and often drifted through the game struggling to get involved. He has since failed to deliver in the championship and ended up in a poor French league team. Our supporters are now saying he is an unrealistic and mindblowing signing for us despite us going after players such as Bonne, Harper or Crooks.

If it is the Man City thing then we should have felt the same about Henshall, if it is the minor international bit then it should be the same about Dobra. It ismt though it is the overhype from his last time here.

Happy enough to sign him if he performs but let's not make out he is world class and above us

I agree on many of your points. Looking at what he has done since he left ITFC he has not set the world on fire.
I’m hoping at best this is a loan and nothing permanent. I’m not convinced he is the god he seemingly seems to be holding.
Over appreciated players on 13:27 - Jul 3 with 936 viewsjudespiveyg

I swear you're just jealous of people who can run fast. First Gwion, then Jackson, now Celina.

Also aren't exciting, flashy players like Celina exactly the reason we love watching football.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Over appreciated players on 13:30 - Jul 3 with 924 viewsbraveblue

Over appreciated players on 11:10 - Jul 3 by ElephantintheRoom

Pablo was superb. Pure class.

Boncho was very popular. But no one thought he was brilliant. Did win a Wirld Cup bronze in think though and not many can say that.

Peralta was a bit player.
Over appreciated players on 16:12 - Jul 3 with 809 viewsGuthrum

Over appreciated players on 11:06 - Jul 3 by Bluefish

Agree, he wasn't in the same class as Fraser or Lawrence. Subsequent career has demonstrated that.

Don't think the Man City link or the minor international things ever cut much ice. More that he was a creative player and, when sat on the bench, a handy stick for some to beat McCarthy with.

However, I still think he would be a useful addition in League One, unless he has lost more than just form. We need players who can run at the opposition.

Over appreciated players on 17:40 - Jul 3 with 733 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Over appreciated players on 11:21 - Jul 3 by Bluefish

To be honest I expected to need to pay rent on all the headspace by now

Cheers all, your commitment means a lot

Is that yet another admission that your just a troll?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Over appreciated players on 17:44 - Jul 3 with 723 viewsOldboy

Robbie Savage?
Over appreciated players on 17:49 - Jul 3 with 706 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024