Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further info on Morsy…. 09:55 - Sep 5 with 3793 viewsketton_itfc

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/exclusive-sam-m
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:14 - Sep 5 with 3269 viewsHarryB

he sounds like he really did not want to come here lol
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:21 - Sep 5 with 3248 viewsSitfcB

Not a good read really

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:31 - Sep 5 with 3199 viewsHarryB

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:21 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Not a good read really

agree bit of a depressing read lol
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:33 - Sep 5 with 3189 viewsRedX

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:14 - Sep 5 by HarryB

Not true.

He didn’t want to leave Boro. When he was told to go, he made his decision to come to Ipswich for various reasons. 3 year deal, knows the manager and some players and will now be committed to the club.
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:34 - Sep 5 with 3178 viewsgtsb1966

Not a good read really

I can't see anything wrong with it to be honest. An honest take of where he was at Boro. Now he has joined us he says he wants us to win promotion and watch us go. Sounds good to me.
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:35 - Sep 5 with 3182 viewsJDB23

I think as he alluded to in his interview, this suspension could be a bit of a blessing. Gives him a few weeks to get over the fact he was forced out and embed himself in the new team.

Kind of goes against what Ashton said of everyone we’ve brought in being hungry to be here, but when you get the chance to sign someone of Morsy’s quality to fill a hole you can’t really turn it down.
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 3130 viewstractorboy1978

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:35 - Sep 5 by JDB23

I think as he alluded to in his interview, this suspension could be a bit of a blessing. Gives him a few weeks to get over the fact he was forced out and embed himself in the new team.

Kind of goes against what Ashton said of everyone we’ve brought in being hungry to be here, but when you get the chance to sign someone of Morsy’s quality to fill a hole you can’t really turn it down.

I don't think wanting to stay at Boro and being hungry to win promotion here are mutually exclusive.
Further info on Morsy…. on 10:56 - Sep 5 with 3080 viewsketton_itfc

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:35 - Sep 5 by JDB23

Didn’t it say that he spoke to Cook and he said he was happy at Boro earlier in the summer, so it could be a bit like Edwards, initially they didn’t want to come but changed there mind due to circumstances etc and seeing what we’re doing. Maybe a bit like Celina too.
Login to get fewer ads

Further info on Morsy…. on 11:11 - Sep 5 with 3013 viewsJDB23

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:56 - Sep 5 by ketton_itfc

Didn’t it say that he spoke to Cook and he said he was happy at Boro earlier in the summer, so it could be a bit like Edwards, initially they didn’t want to come but changed there mind due to circumstances etc and seeing what we’re doing. Maybe a bit like Celina too.

I don’t think he had much choice tbh. Sounds like he turned us down earlier but then Middlesbrough wanted him gone and we were the only ones offering a permanent deal. If it was up to him he’d still be at boro, which goes against Ashton saying all players 100% wanted to be at this football club.

It’s not a bad thing as long as he adjusts and is fully committed, which by the sounds of it I’m sure he will be.
Further info on Morsy…. on 11:56 - Sep 5 with 2874 viewsjayessess

Not a good read really

Meh... people read a lot into this stuff, do the whole "I only want players committed to playing for Ipswich" stuff but it's delusional. Every single player who's currently at the club would ultimately prefer to be somewhere else. None of them (well Macauley Bonne, I suppose) dreamed of playing for Ipswich Town as a kid, all of them would happily take a lucrative move somewhere else if it came up.

Won't stop the good ones from putting a shift in and isn't an impediment to Cook getting them to believe in what we're doing now as a team and what they can do for themselves as individuals.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:30 - Sep 5 with 2760 viewsRomeo4

It’s an honest interview which highlights the life of the modern day professional. Clearly didn’t want to leave Boro but when given little choice in doing so he was attracted to us because of the manager we have and the fact we were offering a 3 year contract.

None of this will matter if he approaches the challenge here as the true professional I’m sure he is. A good player with the right attitude will always strive for success. He is a key signing for us. I really hope he drives the team forward like I think he will.
Further info on Morsy…. on 12:34 - Sep 5 with 2734 viewspointofblue

So he's only here because a Championship side didn't come in with a permanent offer. Great.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:45 - Sep 5 with 2688 viewsitfcjoe

So many keep saying they only want those who want to be here etc - but this is the reality for most footballers. They aren’t buying into projects, they are doing what is best for their career and will give 100% and are professionals.

If they gain an affection for the club then all the better over time. None of this bothers me, Morsy a fantastic signing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:48 - Sep 5 with 2667 viewsFixed_It

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:34 - Sep 5 by pointofblue

So he's only here because a Championship side didn't come in with a permanent offer. Great.

I believe Man Utd failed to materialise with a late bid too.
We are a third tier team and he is 29 (nearly 30) years old. I have no issue with him wanting to play at a higher level - and also have no doubt that his professional pride will drive him to achieve that whilst here.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Further info on Morsy…. on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 2580 viewsjayessess

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:34 - Sep 5 by pointofblue

What were you expecting?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Further info on Morsy…. on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 2581 views_sanctimoanious_

Not a good read really

Sounds like a totally committed professional. Didn’t want to leave but had to and chose Ipswich because of Cook and the project and is always committed to the clubs he plays for. What’s not to like man
Further info on Morsy…. on 13:03 - Sep 5 with 2560 viewspointofblue

Further info on Morsy…. on 12:48 - Sep 5 by Fixed_It

I believe Man Utd failed to materialise with a late bid too.
We are a third tier team and he is 29 (nearly 30) years old. I have no issue with him wanting to play at a higher level - and also have no doubt that his professional pride will drive him to achieve that whilst here.

That's true, though players don't tend to be so open about!

Further info on Morsy…. on 14:14 - Sep 5 with 2385 viewschicoazul

Not a good read really

Yes and no I suppose..? He sounds like just a professional level headed person who wants to be successful and enjoy his life. Maybe he just bought a house and saw him and his family living there for a while. Plus pretty much everyone enjoys playing for Warnock.
Anyway he’s our player now and from what he says it sounds like we are getting someone very decent and an excellent captain.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Further info on Morsy…. on 18:22 - Sep 5 with 2113 viewsstopmoaning

What’s wrong with it? It’s just him saying he was told he can go, and now he chose us over others. Their loss is our gain.
Further info on Morsy…. on 18:25 - Sep 5 with 2107 viewspointofblue

Further info on Morsy…. on 18:22 - Sep 5 by stopmoaning

What’s wrong with it? It’s just him saying he was told he can go, and now he chose us over others. Their loss is our gain.

Well, he didn't. Boro wanted to sell him but it sounds like, oddly, we were the only team to put in a transfer offer; other Championship sides only offered loans. Credit to him he decided to read the runes and move as he could have easily stayed put, especially as Warnock didn't appear to have an issue so wouldn't have ostracised him.

[Redacted] on 05:58 - Sep 6 with 1725 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Further info on Morsy…. on 06:47 - Sep 6 with 1674 viewshoppy

Further info on Morsy…. on 10:14 - Sep 5 by HarryB

Did they miss out the bit where he had a gun pointed at his head to make sure he signed then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Further info on Morsy…. on 07:26 - Sep 6 with 1590 viewsPinewoodblue

Seems to me there may be more to this story than we currently know. Morsy is clearly an influential player on and off the field.

Why didn’t th “powers that be” not want him around the club? I hope the attached link isn’t relevant to his departure.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19518461.neil-warnock-says-middlesbrough

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Further info on Morsy…. on 07:40 - Sep 6 with 1545 viewsportmanking

Further info on Morsy…. on 07:26 - Sep 6 by Pinewoodblue

Seems to me there may be more to this story than we currently know. Morsy is clearly an influential player on and off the field.

Why didn’t th “powers that be” not want him around the club? I hope the attached link isn’t relevant to his departure.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19518461.neil-warnock-says-middlesbrough

Didn't someone say that Morsy is a staunch anti-vaxxer?
Further info on Morsy…. on 07:55 - Sep 6 with 1484 viewsitfcjoe

Further info on Morsy…. on 07:40 - Sep 6 by portmanking

Didn't someone say that Morsy is a staunch anti-vaxxer?

There’s a rumour amongst Boro fans that that is why him and Warnock fell out but not sure that is the case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024