Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? 13:24 - Oct 31 with 3082 viewsfooters

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 13:31 - Oct 31 with 3041 viewswkj

The only wet thing that belongs on my roast is lashings of thick gravy - Cheese has an important place in my life, but not on my roast dinner.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 13:57 - Oct 31 with 2981 viewsNthsuffolkblue

These polls don't really work when there are two correct answers. Yes and you do belong in a mental asylum, Footers. Hope you get your place soon, find it comfortable and are soon well enough to be in the community. Plus I think we tend to call them hospitals nowadays rather than asylums as it just sounds better.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:05 - Oct 31 with 2975 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

It’s not a roast without cauliflower cheese.

However, whilst I am here, chicken does not constitute a ‘roast’
Gravy also has no place. I actually went to taste the meat I just cooked.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 14:06]
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:19 - Oct 31 with 2950 viewseastangliaisblue

Yes. I also have a roasted apple with mine no matter what meat is on the plate.
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:37 - Oct 31 with 2922 viewsKeno

How do I vote for 2 options at once?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:53 - Oct 31 with 2898 viewsfooters

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:05 - Oct 31 by BlueBlueBluex2

No gravy on a roast?

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:00 - Oct 31 with 2880 viewswkj

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:53 - Oct 31 by footers

No gravy on a roast?

What in the fuq did I just read

Crybaby

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:02 - Oct 31 with 2871 viewsWeWereZombies

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:05 - Oct 31 by BlueBlueBluex2

fecking 'ell - on all statements in that post.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 2862 viewswkj

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:02 - Oct 31 by WeWereZombies

fecking 'ell - on all statements in that post.

I mean, the only way gravy can take away the flavour of the meat is if someone is using straight up bisto with water, or worse - oxo.

Make a trivet, strain the veg through the sieve, add the meat fat... you're reclaiming your meat's flavour!

Crybaby

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 2853 viewsfactual_blue

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 14:37 - Oct 31 by Keno

How do I vote for 2 options at once?

Use your Penny Smith log-in for the second vote?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:13 - Oct 31 with 2848 viewsWeWereZombies

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:05 - Oct 31 by wkj

I mean, the only way gravy can take away the flavour of the meat is if someone is using straight up bisto with water, or worse - oxo.

Make a trivet, strain the veg through the sieve, add the meat fat... you're reclaiming your meat's flavour!

In fairness to BlueBluex2 I would count cauliflower cheese as part of a roast dinner if it was just cauliflower cheese and the cheese had been roasted to the point of a slight but noticeable browning on the surface - but no gravy in that instance.

Chicken can be roasted so why can it not be a roast dinner? - see also turkey.

I do get fussy over gravy though - just a modest amount and only over vegetables that I am not keen on or am indifferent to. I would tolerate gravy being applied to the base, but not all over, the meat. And never, ever, never anywhere near the roast potatoes.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:16 - Oct 31 with 2839 viewsGuthrum

Doesn't really go so well with gravy, but is an excellent dish in its own right.

Tho not a mortal sin if it ends up on my plate. Better than that bare, only-slightly-cooked cauliflower they often serve in pubs and restaurants.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:22 - Oct 31 with 2829 viewsPinewoodblue

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:16 - Oct 31 by Guthrum

Doesn't really go so well with gravy, but is an excellent dish in its own right.

Tho not a mortal sin if it ends up on my plate. Better than that bare, only-slightly-cooked cauliflower they often serve in pubs and restaurants.

Cauliflower and Broccoli cheese is available at the carvery in our local.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 2811 viewsfooters

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:13 - Oct 31 by WeWereZombies

In fairness to BlueBluex2 I would count cauliflower cheese as part of a roast dinner if it was just cauliflower cheese and the cheese had been roasted to the point of a slight but noticeable browning on the surface - but no gravy in that instance.

Chicken can be roasted so why can it not be a roast dinner? - see also turkey.

I do get fussy over gravy though - just a modest amount and only over vegetables that I am not keen on or am indifferent to. I would tolerate gravy being applied to the base, but not all over, the meat. And never, ever, never anywhere near the roast potatoes.

The trick is in the proper roasting of the cauli prior to cheese application, imo. A good roasting totally transforms an otherwise unremarkable veg into something of gastronomic excellence.

Turkey is a swizz of a meat. I know I'll have Bernard's top boys knocking for saying it but it's usually dry, flavourless and expensive. Duck, on the other hand, is king of the meats, in my humble onion. Succulent and flavourful as the yanks would say.

Your views on gravy are suspect.

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:39 - Oct 31 with 2794 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:31 - Oct 31 by footers

The trick is in the proper roasting of the cauli prior to cheese application, imo. A good roasting totally transforms an otherwise unremarkable veg into something of gastronomic excellence.

Turkey is a swizz of a meat. I know I'll have Bernard's top boys knocking for saying it but it's usually dry, flavourless and expensive. Duck, on the other hand, is king of the meats, in my humble onion. Succulent and flavourful as the yanks would say.

Your onion on duck is a good onion. Duck and lamb my favourites.

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:48 - Oct 31 with 2783 viewsVic

Cauli and broccoli - mixed or by themselves are lovely with a nice cheese sauce to pour over them. Gravy, rich, dark and made from stock (never, ever just bistro) is essential to any roast dinner.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:57 - Oct 31 with 2742 viewsgalacticoblue

Meat apparently doesn’t belong in a roast nowadays
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 16:14 - Oct 31 with 2722 viewsleitrimblue

That's a very good and important question. I have to confess it's something that I've not given the thought it clearly deserves. Personally I think I would give it a lash
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 16:15 - Oct 31 with 2716 viewsleitrimblue

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:31 - Oct 31 by footers

Spot on with the duck
Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 16:17 - Oct 31 with 2710 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 15:57 - Oct 31 by galacticoblue

Meat apparently doesn’t belong in a roast nowadays

Just to clarify, I assumed this poll meant having cauli cheese with roast meat not instead of.

Cauliflower cheese as a dish alone is not a roast, as lovely as it can be.

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 19:46 - Oct 31 with 2543 viewsMullet

23 utter lunatics voted "yes" to this? No wonder Brexit and Singing contest TV shows happen in this country.

Baby Jeebus.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 20:44 - Oct 31 with 2498 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I agree with you on the gravy....having just spent however long rustling up an awesome roast with many tasty components I am not going to then make all those things taste exactly the same. Might as well put it on all in the blender if you're just going to pour gravy on it.

By rustling up I of course mean standing in the que at the carvery

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Does cauliflower cheese belong on a roast dinner? on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 2486 viewsSwansea_Blue

57% for yes? No wonder we're fecked.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024