Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD, do your worst… 21:50 - Nov 23 with 1710 viewsKeaneish

No defence from me tonight. That was an absolute gutless, clueless shower. No imagination, no drive and no desire. Sam Morsy a leader? Not seen it for a while now. Bonne was invisible. Chaplin no where near Bonne all night. Donacien pedestrian. Evans non-existent and Celina a waste of space.

3.5 half hours home now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 1659 viewsHighgateBlue

I'm the first to jump up and down when people say that the football is better, when all they mean is pretty passing and no end product or actual defending. Butttt, on the most abject of nights, I did think Celina had a few nice touches. So I'm not sure he deserves picking out for criticism, but I can't really summon up much energy defend anyone tbh...
TWTD, do your worst… on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 1656 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a coincidence, because there was no defence from us either. Badum tish!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 1657 viewsN2_Blue

I'm gutted.

But Cook can't be defended and has to go immediately.

I'm gutted with where this club finds itself after all the feel good factor. I'm also gutted because iI wanted Paul Cook!

Hurts more in a way because i really thought we'd have a chance this season

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:54 - Nov 23 with 1601 viewschrismakin

Horrid feeling isn't it when you've spent so much time supporting PC to then realise he's actually useless

I've gone from supporting him to being frustrated to really wanting the guy out

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 1562 viewsN2_Blue

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:54 - Nov 23 by chrismakin

Horrid feeling isn't it when you've spent so much time supporting PC to then realise he's actually useless

ditto

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:57 - Nov 23 with 1524 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:52 - Nov 23 by HighgateBlue

I'm the first to jump up and down when people say that the football is better, when all they mean is pretty passing and no end product or actual defending. Butttt, on the most abject of nights, I did think Celina had a few nice touches. So I'm not sure he deserves picking out for criticism, but I can't really summon up much energy defend anyone tbh...

He was the only one of the front 4 in the game, and never stopped looking to find space and get on the ball. That he was having to drop deep into our half to get it says volumes. Fraser and Chaplin were rubbish. Bonne missing, but then wasn't getting the service or support.

Rotherham were better at shutting us down that we were at trying to play around the press. it's as simple as that.

My only other comment is that Clements can feel hard done by as it looks like he was made a scapegoat by Cook, yet he was miles better than Penney. yes he got done by a one-two, but he wasn't on his own back there and we still had a chance to clear our lines after that before they got their 2nd.

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:57 - Nov 23 with 1500 viewsRadlett_blue

It's not about individual players. Town have expensively recruited above average players at this level, but it seems that Cook has no idea how to motivate them (he failed to do this with the squad he inherited) or mould them into a team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:59 - Nov 23 with 1455 viewsbazza

I think everyone has to be fair..
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:00 - Nov 23 with 1439 viewsSwansea_Blue

There must something wrong with me as I've been apathetic about him from the start and remain so. 18 years of slow decline must have sucked any expectation out of me.

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:03 - Nov 23 with 1373 viewsBluecasp

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:57 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

He was the only one of the front 4 in the game, and never stopped looking to find space and get on the ball. That he was having to drop deep into our half to get it says volumes. Fraser and Chaplin were rubbish. Bonne missing, but then wasn't getting the service or support.

Rotherham were better at shutting us down that we were at trying to play around the press. it's as simple as that.

My only other comment is that Clements can feel hard done by as it looks like he was made a scapegoat by Cook, yet he was miles better than Penney. yes he got done by a one-two, but he wasn't on his own back there and we still had a chance to clear our lines after that before they got their 2nd.

I'm not sure I would agree that Clements was better than Penney. Clements almost got caught out in a similar fashion in the first half.
TWTD, do your worst… on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 1322 viewsHerbivore

Trust me, I take no pleasure in us being this shoite.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:10 - Nov 23 with 1223 viewsCoastalblue

You'll get no grief from me, we all want the same thing, something a long, long way away from what we're currently getting.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:10 - Nov 23 with 1198 viewsStadiumofdark

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:06 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Trust me, I take no pleasure in us being this shoite.

I can cope with losing (mainly), but the manner of the defeat is unacceptable. Useless. Did their keeper just make one "save" I think?
TWTD, do your worst… on 22:21 - Nov 23 with 1094 viewsBlueBadger

I honestly wish that you'd been right about Paul Cook's management.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 1041 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD, do your worst… on 21:52 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

I'm gutted.

But Cook can't be defended and has to go immediately.

I'm gutted with where this club finds itself after all the feel good factor. I'm also gutted because iI wanted Paul Cook!

Hurts more in a way because i really thought we'd have a chance this season

Yep, wanted Cook and was delighted when he was appointed but his entire time here pretty much has been a failure

He won’t and shouldn’t go now, and the first part of what I’m about to say almost certainly won’t happen, but if we somehow lose on Sunday I’m convinced he’ll be toast

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:33 - Nov 23 with 991 viewsreusersfreekicks

Tbf you've done that circuit more than once
TWTD, do your worst… on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 908 viewspointofblue

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:00 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

There must something wrong with me as I've been apathetic about him from the start and remain so. 18 years of slow decline must have sucked any expectation out of me.

I was excited at the start. I was gobsmacked at how so many fans seemed to be happy to throw last year's squad (two points off the play offs whn he took over) under a bus when we went into freefall and, oh look, shock horror, it's happening again. Maybe it's the players who are the problem again? About 40+ players he's had at his disposal and they're all the issue.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 907 viewschrismakin

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:33 - Nov 23 by reusersfreekicks

Tbf you've done that circuit more than once

Joys of football isn't it. Well maybe not joys.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:43 - Nov 23 with 847 viewspointofblue

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:26 - Nov 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, wanted Cook and was delighted when he was appointed but his entire time here pretty much has been a failure

He won’t and shouldn’t go now, and the first part of what I’m about to say almost certainly won’t happen, but if we somehow lose on Sunday I’m convinced he’ll be toast

Lose on Sunday and we have a two week break from the League before our next game. Good time to instigate a change if we want to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:48 - Nov 23 with 788 viewsJDB23

Been obvious for a while tbh but a few spot results have papered over the cracks. We are absolutely miles off being a promotion team, not remotely close. Pure and utter misery supporting this football club, just makes it all the worse when there was so much hope and positivity.
Happy clap your way home. (n/t) on 22:49 - Nov 23 with 770 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:51 - Nov 23 with 744 viewsgazzer1999

TWTD, do your worst… on 22:21 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

I honestly wish that you'd been right about Paul Cook's management.

Just a shame he turned out to be a pound shop Lambert with a worse record. Still I called it when he was hired, didn't want him or the Cowley's any where near our great club. Tonight was a shocker and if the club really want that 28000 for those games they need to wake up smell the coffee and get rid first thing in the morning.
I am lucky to have seen the great days, but sitting there seeing a scoreboard that says ITFC 0 Rotherham 2 really got to me. I should not be unfair to them as they were full value for the win, but Rotherham in the 3rd division really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024