Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. 10:25 - Nov 30 with 1872 viewsMattinLondon

How come, despite the advanced technological achievements on display in Star Wars, why does their CCTV look like something out of the 1950s?
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:27 - Nov 30 with 1466 viewshomer_123

Why is the aim of blasters and other such weapons so poor?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:31 - Nov 30 with 1441 viewsHerbivore

This is what happens when you channel all of your funds into the military and very little into other tech.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:34 - Nov 30 with 1420 viewsnodge_blue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:27 - Nov 30 by homer_123

Yeah. Blasters would just lock onto the target.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:39 - Nov 30 with 1411 viewshoppy

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:27 - Nov 30 by homer_123

How much do they budget for wastage in the weaponry to allow for such poor aim?

Any attack must cost so much more than it really needed to.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:43 - Nov 30 with 1397 viewsGuthrum

Presumably that's why they resort to hand-to-hand combat with - effectively - swords, rather than using ranged weapons like every other advanced military (European and American armies were equipping their officers with pistols back in the 19th century).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:44 - Nov 30 with 1399 viewsgiant_stow

A sci-fi related mundane thought: Star Trek Discovery's spore drive thingy would work on earth too: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/nov/30/worlds-vast-networks-of-undergro

Who knew?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:48 - Nov 30 with 1390 viewsGuthrum

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:44 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

A sci-fi related mundane thought: Star Trek Discovery's spore drive thingy would work on earth too: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/nov/30/worlds-vast-networks-of-undergro

Who knew?

The weird thing is that those underground networks not only manage nutrients, but also pass information between the plants growing near to each other. Trees "talk" to other trees via the so-called "wood-wide web".

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2019/exploring-the-underground-network-of-tre

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:51 - Nov 30 with 1373 viewsgiant_stow

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:48 - Nov 30 by Guthrum

The weird thing is that those underground networks not only manage nutrients, but also pass information between the plants growing near to each other. Trees "talk" to other trees via the so-called "wood-wide web".

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2019/exploring-the-underground-network-of-tre

That's truly bonkers!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:10 - Nov 30 with 1332 viewsSteve_M

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:48 - Nov 30 by Guthrum

Indeed. Merlin Sheldrake's 'Entangled Life' is on my list of books to buy at some point, Robert Macfarlane spends some time with him in 'Underworld' discussing the interconnected of fungi and it is fascinating.

https://www.merlinsheldrake.com/entangled-life

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:12 - Nov 30 with 1325 viewsMookamoo

All Sci Fi is rubbish. All of it.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:17 - Nov 30 with 1312 viewsEdwardStone

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:12 - Nov 30 by Mookamoo

And it's sub-genre "Science Fantasy"

All just made up bollox
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 12:58 - Nov 30 with 1253 viewseastangliaisblue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:10 - Nov 30 by Steve_M

Indeed. Merlin Sheldrake's 'Entangled Life' is on my list of books to buy at some point, Robert Macfarlane spends some time with him in 'Underworld' discussing the interconnected of fungi and it is fascinating.

https://www.merlinsheldrake.com/entangled-life

There's a brilliant documentary film on Netflix called 'Fantasic Fungi.' Anyone with interest in this sort of thing should give it a watch.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 12:59]
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:24 - Nov 30 with 1199 viewsMattinLondon

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:12 - Nov 30 by Mookamoo

People who lack imagination say things like that….probably like long ball football as well.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:28 - Nov 30 with 1173 viewschicoazul

Star Wars isn’t sci-fi

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:39 - Nov 30 with 1166 viewsgiant_stow

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:28 - Nov 30 by chicoazul

Star Wars isn’t sci-fi

What is it then?!

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:42 - Nov 30 with 1157 viewsMattinLondon

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:17 - Nov 30 by EdwardStone

And it's sub-genre "Science Fantasy"

All just made up bollox

Not sure if I’m going to be whooshed…but aren’t most films made-up?
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:51 - Nov 30 with 1131 viewsCoastalblue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:39 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

What is it then?!

Historical innit, happenned a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 1123 viewsMookamoo

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:24 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

People who lack imagination say things like that….probably like long ball football as well.

Sometimes I forget and agree to go see a sci fi film. Went to see Dune and was the same old tedium. Lots of actors titting about in front of a green screen and it just decends into a story of the Pontipines vs the Wottingers for all I care.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 13:54]
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:56 - Nov 30 with 1103 viewsfooters

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:42 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

Titanic was a documentary.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:03 - Nov 30 with 1084 viewsMattinLondon

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:56 - Nov 30 by footers

Titanic was a documentary.

My dad, without prompting, loves to tell the same joke about the Titanic whenever he watches that film. It goes like this.

The Titanic was sinking.
Passenger: How far are we from land?
Captain: Only a few miles.

The passenger sensing hope asks ‘Which direction? To which the captain states ‘Down’.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 14:04]
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:10 - Nov 30 with 1053 viewshoppy

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:03 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

My dad, without prompting, loves to tell the same joke about the Titanic whenever he watches that film. It goes like this.

The Titanic was sinking.
Passenger: How far are we from land?
Captain: Only a few miles.

The passenger sensing hope asks ‘Which direction? To which the captain states ‘Down’.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 14:04]

After the success of Titanic at the box offices, it always amazed me that they never made a Titanic 2.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:11 - Nov 30 with 1045 viewsEdwardStone

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:42 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

Ok...because you are one of my favourite posters, I will explain a bit more

Just silly made-up bollox

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:55 - Nov 30 with 984 viewsfactual_blue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 14:10 - Nov 30 by hoppy

After the success of Titanic at the box offices, it always amazed me that they never made a Titanic 2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 18:13 - Nov 30 with 898 viewschicoazul

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:39 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

What is it then?!

It’s a fantasy.
Sci-fi has to be set in a universe recognisably our own with a scientific element so for eg Back to the Future Jurassic Park even Star Trek
Your Star Wars your Harry Potter your MCU your Game of Thrones is all fantasy stuff (and usually fash but that’s another story my G)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 18:19 - Nov 30 with 888 viewschicoazul

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 13:53 - Nov 30 by Mookamoo

Sometimes I forget and agree to go see a sci fi film. Went to see Dune and was the same old tedium. Lots of actors titting about in front of a green screen and it just decends into a story of the Pontipines vs the Wottingers for all I care.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 13:54]

Dune was brilliant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024