Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post 19:30 - Jun 20 with 2568 viewsBent_double

Anyone who doesn't have an interest in running, or hearing about times and distances, please 'jog on'

I just did my latest 10k, and ran sub 5 mins for one of the kilometres for the first time ever....very chuffed about that (even if it was 4m59s!!)

Not only that, but my best ever 5k time at 25m12s....not bad for an old-git!

Just thought I'd share that with you good people. Happy to hear from anyone who regularly smashes those times, just to put me back in my place.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:32 - Jun 20 with 2032 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's brilliant. Well done

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:32 - Jun 20 with 2037 viewsKeno

well done!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:47 - Jun 20 with 1993 viewsjudespiveyg

Great stuff, started running a few months ago having previously avoided it, never really saw the point because I already played loads of football amongst other sports and thought anything without a competitive element was boring. I was very wrong, it's honestly so satisfying and you learn a lot about your body's limits which helps a lot for other sports I've found.

Ran a 20:32 5k this evening, slightly down on my PB of 20:07 but have managed to improve by about three minutes since I started in March.

Not going to gloat though because I'm 20 so am at an age of starting to approach peak athleticism. I'm considering training for a marathon, to run one maybe as early as 2023. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has already.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:03 - Jun 20 with 1954 viewsITFC_Forever

Good work, I managed a 23.52 in the peak of lockdown when I was doing nothing but running.

But now I’m lucky to get in the 25s…. And not doing anything at the moment as I pulled ankle ligaments 5-6 weeks ago and my ankle’s still not right. I tried on a couple of weeks ago, struggled to 28.56 and promptly aggravated it again.

Hopefully will start again at the weekend. Can feel how much I’ve lost fitness during the lay-off.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:05 - Jun 20 with 1948 viewsEly_Blue

Well done, I’d love to be able to get anywhere close to a 5 minute anything km, my fastest 5k is around 31-32 minutes but these days I’m around the 34 minute mark. Current pace is usually around the 6:35-6:50/km average pace.

I’ve been running I guess for around 18 months (starting from C25K at the start of Jan 2021 having never run since high school - I’m 52 now!)

I respect anyone who Isn’t “young” who can get into the 5 minute per km category so do do sub 5 minutes is something to be celebrated.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:15 - Jun 20 with 1905 viewsBent_double

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:47 - Jun 20 by judespiveyg

Great stuff, started running a few months ago having previously avoided it, never really saw the point because I already played loads of football amongst other sports and thought anything without a competitive element was boring. I was very wrong, it's honestly so satisfying and you learn a lot about your body's limits which helps a lot for other sports I've found.

Ran a 20:32 5k this evening, slightly down on my PB of 20:07 but have managed to improve by about three minutes since I started in March.

Not going to gloat though because I'm 20 so am at an age of starting to approach peak athleticism. I'm considering training for a marathon, to run one maybe as early as 2023. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has already.

20mins for 5k is a seriously good time - but looks like you're 30yrs younger than me, so I guess that's about right.

I started running just over 2 years ago, and have come down from about 32 mins in that time - I never thought I would get competitive about the time, but you just can't help yourself - everytime you go out, you just want to run that little bit faster!

I need to do a half-marathon first, but I think the ultimate goal has to be the London marathon...in a few years!

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:18 - Jun 20 with 1881 viewsEwan_Oozami

Well done! I generally struggle to get below an hour for 10k nowadays - but on Saturday I'm hoping to break 25mins over 10miles for the first time in about 35 years! That's on a TT bike though :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:18 - Jun 20 with 1880 viewsBent_double

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:05 - Jun 20 by Ely_Blue

Well done, I’d love to be able to get anywhere close to a 5 minute anything km, my fastest 5k is around 31-32 minutes but these days I’m around the 34 minute mark. Current pace is usually around the 6:35-6:50/km average pace.

I’ve been running I guess for around 18 months (starting from C25K at the start of Jan 2021 having never run since high school - I’m 52 now!)

I respect anyone who Isn’t “young” who can get into the 5 minute per km category so do do sub 5 minutes is something to be celebrated.

Well, I'm just a year younger than you, and to be honest, I keep looking at my times and thinking they must be wrong! I'm using Nike Run Club, so I'll just blame that if they are!

Of course, times don't really matter, it's just the feeling of being out there in the fresh air and getting some good exercise and thinking time.

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:25 - Jun 20 with 1869 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Well done! I'm nearly 61 now, but 30 years ago did a bit of running. Borrowed a heart rate monitor for my first 10K race, and completed it in 39:56. TWTD. HR monitors are brilliant - you just work out what rate you can run at and can pace yourself really well. But no matter how quick you are, there's always someone faster. Keep it up and the main thing is to enjoy it and not overdo it.

Poll: would you rather

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 1866 viewsEly_Blue

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:18 - Jun 20 by Bent_double

Well, I'm just a year younger than you, and to be honest, I keep looking at my times and thinking they must be wrong! I'm using Nike Run Club, so I'll just blame that if they are!

Of course, times don't really matter, it's just the feeling of being out there in the fresh air and getting some good exercise and thinking time.

How often do you run? I’m a very casual 3 times a week runner, usually in the morning before work.

I have a pretty regular route that I run which is mostly pavements alongside relatively busy roads although sometimes I drive down to the seafront near here (halfway between Poole & Bournemouth), it’s a 2.5k run to Bournemouth pier from where I park the car if I do this and it’s dead flat/straight which is best for an even & consistent pace although a bit too busy at this time of the year unless you are early or late.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 1867 viewsEJP

Good work!

I’ve started rowing to complement my running and are pleasantly surprised at the improvement on my pace. I was averaging 26:30 5ks on my treadmill but am now down to 24:08! I did think the tread needed calibration but I use a plotted route on iFIT so know the distance is correct.

This place is good if anyone is looking for a rowing machine (although they’re out of stock currently)

https://www.restylefitness.co.uk/product-category/rowing-machines/
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:30 - Jun 20 with 1831 viewsFtnfwest

About to go out in ten minutes to do one so will let you know if I survive! Only done one this year so far which was last week so we’ll see later.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:36 - Jun 20 with 1814 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That's fantastic. 25 mins for the 5k is "I am fit and my body thanks me for it" territory.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:38 - Jun 20 with 1811 viewsBlueAllOver

Congrats, I started running in lock down and love it now.
Over 50 got best 5k time down to just under 20mins

42 min 10k. 1h35 for 1/2 marathon. Was due to do marathon was aiming for sub 3h30 but had injury setback but upping the miles once again now.

Would like to do more races but junior football team coaching and refereeing clashes.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:42 - Jun 20 with 1794 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Amazing! If you're happy with it any time is a good time. I do a bit of triathlon up to half iron man distance. Got my 5k pb down to around 22m30s last year but a bit off the pace since having covid. Nearly back to fitness now though!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:51 - Jun 20 with 1775 viewsfabian_illness

Well done mate.
Anyone who goes out to try and keep themselves fit and healthy, no matter what it is, deserves a pat on the back.
My best is 27.05, not great, but I'm happy.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:07 - Jun 20 with 1640 viewsSwailsey

Congrats, massive achievement!

Running gives me so much joy and release!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 1640 viewsPhilTWTD

Well done, I'm in much the same territory times-wise, although was before I had Covid. Not got back to the same level yet!
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:12 - Jun 20 with 1630 viewsADStephenson

I used to do a lot of running with Colchester Harriers and was at my best circa 2014/15 (before I moved to Germany).
My best 5k time is 16:42 and my best 10k is 35:25 (finished in the first 1% of the London 10k). Sadly, 4 years of Achilles issues (I have a lot of sympathy for Tom Adeyemi!) mean I don't train regularly (or at all, really) anymore and have done two sub 20 5k times in the last few months (the first time I have in 18 months of so).
Anyone who gets out there and tries to improve themselves by running gets respect from me. I've seen a park runner with a superb t shirt that said "Slow miles are better than no miles" - a fantastic mantra. Keep it up everyone!

www.adstephenson.com

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:17 - Jun 20 with 1619 viewsunbelievablue

Great stuff, well done. Running can be horrendous sometimes, but it's always worth it when you accomplish something like a PB, or a new distance, new route etc.

I got a proper runner's high for the first time in ages last Sunday which was lovely.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:27 - Jun 20 with 1574 viewsascott11

Good work. If you use Strava, I’m sure the admin of the ITFC fans on Strava group won’t mind me sharing it - https://www.strava.com/clubs/ipswichtownfans
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:37 - Jun 20 with 1544 viewsADStephenson

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:27 - Jun 20 by ascott11

Good work. If you use Strava, I’m sure the admin of the ITFC fans on Strava group won’t mind me sharing it - https://www.strava.com/clubs/ipswichtownfans

Thanks. I've just requested to join. Might give me the inspiration to get back out there and conquer the 19 minute 5k mark again...

www.adstephenson.com

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:53 - Jun 20 with 1488 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Yep also just requested to join.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:54 - Jun 20 with 1485 viewsBent_double

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:26 - Jun 20 by Ely_Blue

How often do you run? I’m a very casual 3 times a week runner, usually in the morning before work.

I have a pretty regular route that I run which is mostly pavements alongside relatively busy roads although sometimes I drive down to the seafront near here (halfway between Poole & Bournemouth), it’s a 2.5k run to Bournemouth pier from where I park the car if I do this and it’s dead flat/straight which is best for an even & consistent pace although a bit too busy at this time of the year unless you are early or late.

I'm also a 3-times-a-week runner, 10k each time - something I never thought I could do a couple of years ago!

I follow a similar route each time (with a few variations to stop it getting too boring), along Gt Yarmouth seafront.

Strangely, I've found a late evening run (8-9pm) is best for me, I tried early mornings, but my legs weren't awake!

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 23:00 - Jun 20 with 1439 viewsBent_double

I used Strava for the first year, but found it problematic, so switched to NRC on the advice of my son who was using it.

With hindsight, I think the Strava 'problems' were more related to the older phone I had - the Nike app on a newer phone has been excellent - not sure if there are any ITFC groups on there though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024