Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already 22:22 - Jan 19 with 2699 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 2622 viewsSwansea_Blue

They didn’t like him from the off. All very odd, but then sometimes the face just doesn’t fit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:27 - Jan 19 with 2607 viewsSitfcB

Think some were calling for his head before he was officially confirmed 😂

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:27 - Jan 19 with 2613 viewsgainsboroughblue

Their forum RTG (which is excellent imo) is really venting spleen on him tonight.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:31 - Jan 19 with 2531 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:25 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

They didn’t like him from the off. All very odd, but then sometimes the face just doesn’t fit.

Their owners/upper management are clueless too.

No surprise they thought sacking Mogga was a good idea and this is what they get instead
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:37 - Jan 19 with 2466 viewsNutkins_Return

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:27 - Jan 19 by gainsboroughblue

Their forum RTG (which is excellent imo) is really venting spleen on him tonight.

It's a good forum setup. They have a high % of unbearable fans on there. It's like having 50% Frimbot. Had a look at the first post was someone trying to propose everyone takes tennis balls to stop the next match in protest.

They genuinely think they should be in the champions league I swear.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:54 - Jan 19 with 2341 viewsyorkshireblue

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 23:11 - Jan 19 with 2201 viewsdavblue

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:37 - Jan 19 by Nutkins_Return

It's a good forum setup. They have a high % of unbearable fans on there. It's like having 50% Frimbot. Had a look at the first post was someone trying to propose everyone takes tennis balls to stop the next match in protest.

They genuinely think they should be in the champions league I swear.

I went to the league 1 play off final when they went up. When they scored that was by far the loudest cheers I’d ever heard by quite some way.

They should be a premier league club imo without a doubt.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:20 - Jan 20 with 1747 viewsitfcjoe

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:54 - Jan 19 by yorkshireblue

I thought they were saying Boo-eale

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:43 - Jan 20 with 1676 viewsPioneerBlue

A point of view only.

State of football.

Managers generally fail because of poor ownership.

Ownership complete their due dil against an aspirational business case and then fail to understand what the manager needs or fail to truly support their coach to get the team to that place, or Ownership make the wrong appointment for the club and circumstances in the first place.

All these coaches in the game that ‘fail’ aren’t or can’t all be poor people and football coaches, some are obviously not cut out for it, but the expectations are mostly unachievable or misaligned with the possible.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:47 - Jan 20 with 1662 viewsMK1

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 23:11 - Jan 19 by davblue

I went to the league 1 play off final when they went up. When they scored that was by far the loudest cheers I’d ever heard by quite some way.

They should be a premier league club imo without a doubt.

Massive following. As you say, should be a Premier League stable club.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:55 - Jan 20 with 1628 viewsMK1

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:43 - Jan 20 by PioneerBlue

A point of view only.

State of football.

Ownership complete their due dil against an aspirational business case and then fail to understand what the manager needs or fail to truly support their coach to get the team to that place, or Ownership make the wrong appointment for the club and circumstances in the first place.

All these coaches in the game that ‘fail’ aren’t or can’t all be poor people and football coaches, some are obviously not cut out for it, but the expectations are mostly unachievable or misaligned with the possible.

Agree. Just because a manager succeeds at Swansea, doesn't mean he will succeed at West Ham. The right manager for the right club at the right time is key. The owners need to identify the right man, not the name. I'm pretty sure not many on here were up to date with McKenna before he became such a brilliant manager for us. Would have been easy for the new owners to have gone for a Warnock/Hodgson type, but they took advice and identified the right man for the right job at the right time.
If more clubs did this, then less sackings and better managers. Far to many managers get hired because of their name and pass. Identify the right person for the job at that given time.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 08:06 - Jan 20 with 1570 viewsChurchman

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 07:43 - Jan 20 by PioneerBlue

A point of view only.

State of football.

In another thread on here there is an argument about ITFC under Hurst. Was it him or the players that led to one of the worst seasons in the professional club’s history.

The answer is actually in your third line. Owners. ITFC was rotten from top to bottom. Ok Hurst was so out of his depth it was unreal. Lambert? A clueless bag of gas. But who appoints them? Where was the structure to support the manager? What due diligence was done, aspirations etc etc? None. Shambles.

To the point, Sunderland look like they’ve lost direction and so to the team. Why sack TM when they did? They were doing ok. The team had a pattern of play, was focussing on young players, was playing possession football. It wasn’t always coming off but they, second season out of the garbage league were steady and doing alright.

They’re not doing alright now. The players, mid season, look confused as to what they are doing The young lad Clarke and that angry man Pritchard looked the only ones truly at it. I noticed when players were subbed on TownTV last week how disgruntled they looked with not just being hooked - everything.

Beale looks a poor fit. The supporters don’t want him and I’m not sure the players do either. If you’re going to fire TM, at least have a plan about who you are going to get in. Beale is no Schumacher. If the owners think that, they’ll look for somebody else sooner rather than later but regardless it looks like it’s the owners that are trashing their season.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 08:26 - Jan 20 with 1491 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 08:06 - Jan 20 by Churchman

In another thread on here there is an argument about ITFC under Hurst. Was it him or the players that led to one of the worst seasons in the professional club’s history.

The answer is actually in your third line. Owners. ITFC was rotten from top to bottom. Ok Hurst was so out of his depth it was unreal. Lambert? A clueless bag of gas. But who appoints them? Where was the structure to support the manager? What due diligence was done, aspirations etc etc? None. Shambles.

To the point, Sunderland look like they’ve lost direction and so to the team. Why sack TM when they did? They were doing ok. The team had a pattern of play, was focussing on young players, was playing possession football. It wasn’t always coming off but they, second season out of the garbage league were steady and doing alright.

They’re not doing alright now. The players, mid season, look confused as to what they are doing The young lad Clarke and that angry man Pritchard looked the only ones truly at it. I noticed when players were subbed on TownTV last week how disgruntled they looked with not just being hooked - everything.

Beale looks a poor fit. The supporters don’t want him and I’m not sure the players do either. If you’re going to fire TM, at least have a plan about who you are going to get in. Beale is no Schumacher. If the owners think that, they’ll look for somebody else sooner rather than later but regardless it looks like it’s the owners that are trashing their season.

They'd picked up 17 points from 13 games between 1st October and 17th December (day before Beale was appointed). They've picked up 7 points from 6 games since. So broadly the same and no drastic downturn.

I thought they looked fairly decent against us but just didn't have a striker. And they haven't had one all season - that's their biggest problem. If they get the right player during this window they could easily get in the play offs. They are 8th and only 2 points off, so it's hardly doom and gloom!
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 08:52 - Jan 20 with 1380 viewsChurchman

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 08:26 - Jan 20 by tractorboy1978

They'd picked up 17 points from 13 games between 1st October and 17th December (day before Beale was appointed). They've picked up 7 points from 6 games since. So broadly the same and no drastic downturn.

I thought they looked fairly decent against us but just didn't have a striker. And they haven't had one all season - that's their biggest problem. If they get the right player during this window they could easily get in the play offs. They are 8th and only 2 points off, so it's hardly doom and gloom!

They looked decent in patches and you are right, a decent forward would make a big difference. But I sense they’re going backwards. Heavily reliant on two players, their way of playing isn’t as clear under Beale as it was under his predecessor. I get the impression he is trying to change how they are playing and the players are struggling a little. I am probably as usual wrong.

A lot of their supporters think they’ll fall away to mid table. On what I’ve seen in the two recent games, it’s hard to disagree. I also watched the Newcastle game, but we can ignore that as they were so outclassed, as all bar maybe Leicester would have been.

The supporters strong dislike for Beale already makes him dead man walking for me.
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 09:16 - Jan 20 with 1275 viewstextbackup

Of course they are. Them and NUFC, biggest myth in football that they are these unreal supporters

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 09:45 - Jan 20 with 1167 viewsJimmy86

Beale was always going to have to hit the ground running, as the Sunderland fans were fuming that they sacked Mogga... As others have said, a lot has to be said for some owners/ownership groups nowadays...

I sat watching the game last night and remember thinking to myself I'm actually glad that we now have an ownership group who seem to know what they're doing, having endured the complete opposite for years under Evans, admittedly, not on purpose, he just wasn't up to it
Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 09:46 - Jan 20 with 1161 viewsitfcjoe

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 09:16 - Jan 20 by textbackup

Of course they are. Them and NUFC, biggest myth in football that they are these unreal supporters

Season tickets there must be dirt cheap because they sell loads and the ground is always half empty so must be cheap enough to buy one and turn up to 10 games a year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 10:41 - Jan 20 with 990 viewsSuperblue95

Sunderland fans calling for Beale’s head already on 22:27 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

Think some were calling for his head before he was officially confirmed 😂

I’ve read some claims that some Sunderland fans were chanting sacked in the morning to him at kick off in his first game in charge.

His appointment was even less popular than Rooneys at Birmingham.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024