Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson 08:53 - Aug 8 with 3601 viewsVic

used pretty all the transfer money? (Judging by the figures Elder G and other put on here yesterday).so where is the money going to come from for the windass or Tilt bids coming from?

Or am I missing something?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 2582 viewsbontcho

Garner?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 2579 viewshomer_123

Maybe they aren't happening....three is it?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:58 - Aug 8 with 2549 viewsgtsb

Don't be puzzled. This week we have a lot of accountants on here. The last few months they have been politicians and the next few months they'll be football managers and then come March, and I can't think why, they'll all be politicians again. Enjoy.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:58 - Aug 8 with 2541 viewsVic

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:55 - Aug 8 by bontcho

Garner?

Garner surely wouldn’t bring in any more that £500k? Windass reported as being a £1.2m bid and Tilt at £700+. Doesn’t add up!

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:59 - Aug 8 with 2539 viewsKieran_Knows

By my calculations, current outgoings/other income stand as;

£4.75m Waghorn
£2.8m Webster
£400k FIFA
£1M Knights
= £8.95m

Current players that have signed/signing;

£700k Edwards
£750k Harrison
£750k Donacien
£2m Nolan & Nsiala
£1.5m Jackson
=£5.7m

Plus whatever Chalobah and Edun might cost (lets say for arguments sake £500k each for the season), so in total we've spent £6.7m, which leaves us with £2.25m left.

Should be enough to get Windass (£1.2-£1.5m) and Tilt (£750k-£1m).

Would be a fantastic summer if it all came off.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:00 - Aug 8 with 2505 viewsGooders7592

We've cut the wage bill by quite a lot which probably helps. You'd hope, and this is just a guess, but signing from lower leagues means the agent & signing on fees will be a lot lower as well.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:02 - Aug 8 with 2489 viewsIpswichKnight

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:59 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

£4.75m Waghorn
£2.8m Webster
£400k FIFA
£1M Knights
= £8.95m

£700k Edwards
£750k Harrison
£750k Donacien
£2m Nolan & Nsiala
£1.5m Jackson
=£5.7m

Plus whatever Chalobah and Edun might cost (lets say for arguments sake £500k each for the season), so in total we've spent £6.7m, which leaves us with £2.25m left.

We may have got a decent sum from the gooners for Flores as well.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:02 - Aug 8 with 2484 viewschicoazul

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 08:59 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

£4.75m Waghorn
£2.8m Webster
£400k FIFA
£1M Knights
= £8.95m

£700k Edwards
£750k Harrison
£750k Donacien
£2m Nolan & Nsiala
£1.5m Jackson
=£5.7m

Dont forget the Kieffer Moore fee. 750k.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:03 - Aug 8 with 2458 viewsVic

£4.75m Waghorn
£2.8m Webster
£400k FIFA
£1M Knights
= £8.95m

£700k Edwards
£750k Harrison
£750k Donacien
£2m Nolan & Nsiala
£1.5m Jackson
=£5.7m

Thanks.

Will be a fantastic summer if we get them and they all produce the goods. Odds are that some won’t make the grade. As Evans said right from the start - it’s a new policy with an element of risk. I wonder if any of us had any idea of the level of risk involved! It looks like being either and very exciting or very disappointing ride. One th8ngs is that it won’t be boring!

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:04 - Aug 8 with 2449 viewshype313

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:00 - Aug 8 by Gooders7592

We've cut the wage bill by quite a lot which probably helps. You'd hope, and this is just a guess, but signing from lower leagues means the agent & signing on fees will be a lot lower as well.

You've got to think that Hurst's salary isn't anywhere near Mick's too, it maybe me just speculating, but can't see him on more than £300-400k compared with Mick's £1m.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:07 - Aug 8 with 2412 viewssuffolkpoker

we have sold players obviously. dont forget Magical Vegas has put in £2m over 3 seasons (thats basically Jackson's fee).

Also i haven't seen the figures but i wouldn't be surprised if season ticket sales is up, which would also bring more revenue.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:07 - Aug 8 with 2405 viewsfloridaboy

£4.75m Waghorn
£2.8m Webster
£400k FIFA
£1M Knights
= £8.95m

£700k Edwards
£750k Harrison
£750k Donacien
£2m Nolan & Nsiala
£1.5m Jackson
=£5.7m

Not far out by my reckoning as well. Plus there is a fee for young Flores as well.

Also at the start of the season there must have been some sort of transfer budget for Hurstt to use before even selling any one. Might not have been millions but a tidy sum surely.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:08 - Aug 8 with 2401 viewsxrayspecs

Some rough maths

Webster 3m (after 500k to Portsmouth)
Academy player compensation 1.5m
Waghorn 4.5m (after 500k to Rangers)
World Cup compensation 0.5m
Garner 0.5m (assuming Windass is a replacement)
Around 10m

Donacien 750k
Harrison 750k
Edwards 750k
Roberts Free
Nsila and Nolan £2m
Jackson £1.5m
Windass £1.2m
Tilt 750k - if he comes
Chabolan and Edun - £750k loan fees (guess)
Around 8.5m although total wage bill should be higher, even after removing players sold and those departing during the summer - McGoldrick, Hyam, Bru, various loanees etc.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 2361 viewsSitfcB

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:02 - Aug 8 by IpswichKnight

We may have got a decent sum from the gooners for Flores as well.

Phil reckons that hasn’t gone through yet and he may have jumped the gun with the story.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 2355 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

Phil reckons that hasn’t gone through yet and he may have jumped the gun with the story.

Phil out.

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 2355 viewshype313

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

But fully expects it to be a formality.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 2331 viewsPhilTWTD

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 by Kieran_Knows

Phil out.

Hold my hands up on that one, a bit at cross purposes when talking to someone about that, I thought they meant one thing, they meant another. However, it is going to get done eventually, I believe.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 2329 viewsSitfcB

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:12 - Aug 8 by hype313

But fully expects it to be a formality.

TWTD understands

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:15 - Aug 8 with 2307 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:14 - Aug 8 by PhilTWTD

Hold my hands up on that one, a bit at cross purposes when talking to someone about that, I thought they meant one thing, they meant another. However, it is going to get done eventually, I believe.

Hope Gav has put the lock back on the hobnob tin.

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:17 - Aug 8 with 2292 viewsVic

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:14 - Aug 8 by PhilTWTD

So eventually is the new immanantly.

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:23 - Aug 8 with 2242 viewsJakeITFC

Every one is guessing.

We don’t know the fees in or out, we don’t know how much money Evans wants to put in this season and we don’t know what the impact of the wages off the budget is.

Elder G’s point about accounting is a valid one, but it’s a much different one to what our budget for the season is.
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:25 - Aug 8 with 2226 viewsGooders7592

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:04 - Aug 8 by hype313

You've got to think that Hurst's salary isn't anywhere near Mick's too, it maybe me just speculating, but can't see him on more than £300-400k compared with Mick's £1m.

Nope, quite agree. Plus the players from lower league will be on less than established free agents etc
I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:36 - Aug 8 with 2176 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe the people who put the figures here don't know what they are actually talking about....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:40 - Aug 8 with 2149 viewsMullet

Everything does eventually. The stars will burn out and the universe will go cold and Flores will move to Arsenal somewhere inbetween.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:42 - Aug 8 with 2129 viewsCotty

I’m puzzled! I thought that Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson on 09:36 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Maybe the people who put the figures here don't know what they are actually talking about....

Importantly, nobody has no idea what the difference in wage budget is. There isn't a separate little pot with "transfer fees" written on it. There is almost no point in these exercises, other than to get a few people worked up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024