Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOTTOM of the league 17:04 - Aug 25 with 5109 viewsCurrie10

But still, we're not allowed to look at the league table.

Weird feeling we'll beat Norwich - will judge fully after P11 but jesus what a start.
BOTTOM of the league on 17:06 - Aug 25 with 3979 viewsHerbivore

You can look at it if you like, but it's pretty meaningless after 5 games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BOTTOM of the league on 17:08 - Aug 25 with 3956 viewsipswich93

BOTTOM of the league on 17:06 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

I get what your saying but When does it start to become meaningful to you ?
BOTTOM of the league on 17:08 - Aug 25 with 3951 viewsgainsboroughblue

Indeed. If we are still there in November for example, I may worry.

I'll be ecstatic if we aren't there next Sunday teatime.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

BOTTOM of the league on 17:11 - Aug 25 with 3908 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How can it be meaningless after 5 games. It becomes meaningful after to first kick of the first game against Blackburn. You don't look back on the season, finish 22nd by 1 point and complain to the FA that the first 5 games didn't count. Grow up.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

BOTTOM of the league on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 3900 viewswkj

I am too, he has done a good job on the pitch except for the final third. I do still question his bid for Jackson; not that he's a poor player- but his price tag was way too high.

Also in a 4141 you have got to get those fullbacks forward, and it isn't happening. I get the feeling we have 1 link missing in the chain that could change our fortunes drastically- but we've gotta do something special in the loan window.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BOTTOM of the league on 17:14 - Aug 25 with 3868 viewsHerbivore

BOTTOM of the league on 17:08 - Aug 25 by ipswich93

I'd say somewhere around 12 games or so, the season is a quarter old at that point and we'll have played a greater range of sides home and away. When I was a kid the newspapers didn't even bother printing league tables this early in the season, waste of ink and column inches.

BOTTOM of the league on 17:18 - Aug 25 with 3832 viewsCurrie10

BOTTOM of the league on 17:14 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

I'd say somewhere around 12 games or so, the season is a quarter old at that point and we'll have played a greater range of sides home and away. When I was a kid the newspapers didn't even bother printing league tables this early in the season, waste of ink and column inches.

Perhaps so mate but still - it's where we are at present.
BOTTOM of the league on 17:20 - Aug 25 with 3816 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

BOTTOM of the league on 17:12 - Aug 25 by wkj

I am too, he has done a good job on the pitch except for the final third. I do still question his bid for Jackson; not that he's a poor player- but his price tag was way too high.

Also in a 4141 you have got to get those fullbacks forward, and it isn't happening. I get the feeling we have 1 link missing in the chain that could change our fortunes drastically- but we've gotta do something special in the loan window.

Indeed, the 2-3 loan signings that we will surely make could be our most important signings for years. We need a centre back even more now and we desperately need a decent quality, experienced striker that can put himself about a bit. More L1/L2 players stepping up just aren’t going to cut it right now.
Login to get fewer ads

BOTTOM of the league on 17:20 - Aug 25 with 3805 viewsSuperblue95

BOTTOM of the league on 17:11 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

How can it be meaningless after 5 games. It becomes meaningful after to first kick of the first game against Blackburn. You don't look back on the season, finish 22nd by 1 point and complain to the FA that the first 5 games didn't count. Grow up.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

BOTTOM of the league on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 3796 viewsHerbivore

BOTTOM of the league on 17:18 - Aug 25 by Currie10

Perhaps so mate but still - it's where we are at present.

I'm not worried about being bottom of the league after 5 games. If we're still there come October/November then I'll start to get worried.

BOTTOM of the league on 17:22 - Aug 25 with 3774 viewsCurrie10

BOTTOM of the league on 17:20 - Aug 25 by OsmansCleanSheet

Indeed, the 2-3 loan signings that we will surely make could be our most important signings for years. We need a centre back even more now and we desperately need a decent quality, experienced striker that can put himself about a bit. More L1/L2 players stepping up just aren’t going to cut it right now.

2-3 loans + Huws / Bishop / Dozzell fully fit = potentially a massively improved side that could stroll up the table.

How likely are we to get the correct loanees and the three players 1 - stay fit and 2 - perform to the best of their ability!? That's the Q.

QPR added two quality strikers - strikers score goals....
BOTTOM of the league on 17:33 - Aug 25 with 3709 viewsBadgerBajner

Looking at it is fine. Going in to meltdown over it after 5 games is ridiculous.
BOTTOM of the league on 17:35 - Aug 25 with 3692 viewspointofblue

BOTTOM of the league on 17:22 - Aug 25 by Currie10

2-3 loans + Huws / Bishop / Dozzell fully fit = potentially a massively improved side that could stroll up the table.

How likely are we to get the correct loanees and the three players 1 - stay fit and 2 - perform to the best of their ability!? That's the Q.

Mathie was pretty depressing on Radio Suffolk - asked who would come here, to a team who is struggling. Unfortunately no one pointed out Hemed and Wells happily signed for QPR.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BOTTOM of the league on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 3663 viewspatrickswell

Time for me to make a judgement will probably be by the October international break. He has 7 days to work with the players and then another fortnight after the Norwich game. If his methods aren’t showing signs of bearing any fruit by the October break, we need to start worrying.

He hasn’t been helped by poor refereeing decisions, but this is all looking worryingly Keane-like. It’s reaching the stage, where we’re looking at Dozzell, Bishop and Huws as potential saviours - but how long will it take them to get fully up to speed?
BOTTOM of the league on 18:40 - Aug 26 with 3510 viewsCurrie10

BOTTOM of the league on 17:39 - Aug 25 by patrickswell

Time for me to make a judgement will probably be by the October international break. He has 7 days to work with the players and then another fortnight after the Norwich game. If his methods aren’t showing signs of bearing any fruit by the October break, we need to start worrying.

He hasn’t been helped by poor refereeing decisions, but this is all looking worryingly Keane-like. It’s reaching the stage, where we’re looking at Dozzell, Bishop and Huws as potential saviours - but how long will it take them to get fully up to speed?

I always give it 11 - closest to 25% of the season you can get and a good indicator.

A few things could easily go our way. We'll see! Here's hoping.

What I find ODD is fans are NOT allowed to be concerned/ ask questions etc with this start.

What happens when we DO get our first win? Are we only allowed to be positive?

Say we beat Norwich 2-1, and Harrison could have had another 2, we concede ANOTHER set piece goal - are we only allowed to pull apart the positive aspects of the game?
BOTTOM of the league on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 3493 viewsSpruceMoose

If we were top of the league would you be so sure we had won it already? Don't be soft.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 18:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

BOTTOM of the league on 18:45 - Aug 26 with 3472 viewsJ2BLUE

You seem desperate to be able to cling to us having a bad reason. Be honest, have you lumped on us to go down or to finish bottom half or something? You seem extremely emotionally invested in being as negative as possible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BOTTOM of the league on 18:45 - Aug 26 with 3476 viewsHerbivore

BOTTOM of the league on 18:40 - Aug 26 by Currie10

I always give it 11 - closest to 25% of the season you can get and a good indicator.

A few things could easily go our way. We'll see! Here's hoping.

What I find ODD is fans are NOT allowed to be concerned/ ask questions etc with this start.

What happens when we DO get our first win? Are we only allowed to be positive?

Say we beat Norwich 2-1, and Harrison could have had another 2, we concede ANOTHER set piece goal - are we only allowed to pull apart the positive aspects of the game?

I'd imagine any sane fan would just be delighted that we've beaten the scum after nearly a decade of being unable to do so.

BOTTOM of the league on 18:48 - Aug 26 with 3458 viewsBenno1960

BOTTOM of the league on 17:22 - Aug 25 by Currie10

I think Huws is a huge positive for us if fit.

Dozzell can play for sure but clearly taking their time with him which is right

Agree about a CB and striker. Apart from facing set pieces (which surely can be coached on?) we look ok at the back but for me a decent striker who can hold up the ball is a must
BOTTOM of the league on 20:56 - Aug 26 with 3299 viewsm14_blue

Do Watford get a champions league spot for being third?

Quite a turn up for the books Hearts winning the SPL.

It's disappointing that we've got 2 points from 5 games, it's completely meaningless that we're 24th. Would you be happier if QPR hadn't won on sat? I wouldn't.
BOTTOM of the league on 22:44 - Aug 26 with 3167 viewsJ2BLUE

BOTTOM of the league on 20:56 - Aug 26 by m14_blue

Do Watford get a champions league spot for being third?

Quite a turn up for the books Hearts winning the SPL.

It's disappointing that we've got 2 points from 5 games, it's completely meaningless that we're 24th. Would you be happier if QPR hadn't won on sat? I wouldn't.

You're both right. His argument is that all points count equal and we only have two after five games. You're also quite right to suggest the table is pretty meaningless at this point and isn't a fair indicator of where teams are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BOTTOM of the league on 23:53 - Aug 26 with 3107 viewsJimmyJazz

BOTTOM of the league on 18:42 - Aug 26 by SpruceMoose

If we were top of the league would you be so sure we had won it already? Don't be soft.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 18:47]

No, but like last season you can take some satisfaction with a good start to the season. No one expects it to last but it's just that - a good start, or in this case a bad start.

If we had faced 4 or 5 of the most fancied teams, and come out with 2 points and been putting in some decent performances, THEN the table is fairly meaningless. But that's not the case in regards to who we have faced.

At this very early stage of the season, i don't see anyone else in the league who can say they have had a worse start than us. Even QPR have renewed hope after signing 2 experienced strikers and gaining a first win.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

BOTTOM of the league on 00:33 - Aug 27 with 3070 viewsTIB

BOTTOM of the league on 17:08 - Aug 25 by ipswich93

If we are bottom at Christmas I’d be worried...but we won’t be...the Norwich game will be the turning point of the season.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

BOTTOM of the league on 08:44 - Aug 27 with 2965 viewsDanTheMan

I was a little bit interested in if this was true.

Taking the first 5 games from the 10/11 season, if you were in the relegation spots 5 games in then the chance of you being there come the end of the season was 37.5%.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

BOTTOM of the league on 08:59 - Aug 27 with 2897 viewsartsbossbeard

BOTTOM of the league on 08:44 - Aug 27 by DanTheMan

I was a little bit interested in if this was true.

Taking the first 5 games from the 10/11 season, if you were in the relegation spots 5 games in then the chance of you being there come the end of the season was 37.5%.

Jeez.

That's quite enlightening and frightening.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024