Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earliest you left a game? 21:09 - Dec 10 with 4313 viewsbluelagos

In the Mccarthy years, I once parked up at Portman Rd, realised I'd left some ear drops at home (had a sore ear) so decided to leave before I'd entered the ground.

Beat that for being a part timer...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Earliest you left a game? on 21:23 - Dec 10 with 2655 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Under Keane I had a season ticket, drove halfway and turned around and went home from Saxmundham when I realised I had left my wallet with it in at home.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Earliest you left a game? on 21:24 - Dec 10 with 2630 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Never so far but I ought to have done during the mccarthys last 2 years.
Earliest you left a game? on 21:26 - Dec 10 with 2603 viewsSwansea_Blue

Never left a game before the final whistle. Football’s too unpredictable to be precious, and nobody's got a right to expect a win.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:44]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Earliest you left a game? on 21:30 - Dec 10 with 2549 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

48 minutes v Hull couple of years ago.
was an atrocious performance.
Sat in my living room by 9.15 with a bottle of red on the go.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Earliest you left a game? on 21:45 - Dec 10 with 2443 viewsWD19

Not quite the same, but I remember searching London to find a pub showing a 3pm game of ours (I think against Coventry) once. Picture was grainy at best. The pub was on the Holloway Road.

At half time several Arsenal fans walked in. They had given up in a 0-0 against Everton at home because Arsenal were sh1t. So bad in fact they ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.

I remember thinking our fans would never do that....
Earliest you left a game? on 21:47 - Dec 10 with 2418 viewsgainsboroughblue

Chelsea at home 1985. I took a girl from school I liked. We were 2 down after 10 mins (Kerry Dixon with both I think). She was bored. I was annoyed. We were both hungry so left and went to Wimpy.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:48]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Earliest you left a game? on 21:48 - Dec 10 with 2388 viewsBlue_Moses

Just after finishing my pint at half time on a number of occasions under Mccarthy
Earliest you left a game? on 21:49 - Dec 10 with 2376 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Earliest you left a game? on 21:47 - Dec 10 by gainsboroughblue

Chelsea at home 1985. I took a girl from school I liked. We were 2 down after 10 mins (Kerry Dixon with both I think). She was bored. I was annoyed. We were both hungry so left and went to Wimpy.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:48]

You didn't stay together long did you?

EDIT: She is probably on Mumsnet right now bemoaning her taste in men and saying it started badly when some bloke took her to a dire football game, left after 10 minutes and then took her to Wimpy instead.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:51]

Login to get fewer ads

Earliest you left a game? on 21:51 - Dec 10 with 2345 viewsgainsboroughblue

Earliest you left a game? on 21:49 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

You didn't stay together long did you?

EDIT: She is probably on Mumsnet right now bemoaning her taste in men and saying it started badly when some bloke took her to a dire football game, left after 10 minutes and then took her to Wimpy instead.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:51]

I don't think it survived the number 8 bus home.

Earliest you left a game? on 22:05 - Dec 10 with 2291 viewsunstableblue

Never left games early until end of McCarthy era, where I left a couple of times 5 mins early, don't like going to Portman Road and being passed off the pitch by teams.

But was sorely tempted during the Rotherham game this season, where we were abject. Have been mostly pleased with elements of Lambert's games this season. Tonight sounded like we were well beaten.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Earliest you left a game? on 22:06 - Dec 10 with 2277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Earliest you left a game? on 22:05 - Dec 10 by unstableblue

Never left games early until end of McCarthy era, where I left a couple of times 5 mins early, don't like going to Portman Road and being passed off the pitch by teams.

But was sorely tempted during the Rotherham game this season, where we were abject. Have been mostly pleased with elements of Lambert's games this season. Tonight sounded like we were well beaten.

The Rotherham game was very one sided aside from the first 5-10 minutes when we looked like we would slaughter them. They had so many really good chances to score.

Earliest you left a game? on 22:46 - Dec 10 with 2152 viewswkj

I think there was a game against brighton where we lost 3-1 or some such, I left in the first half. Not completely out of protest, I was feeling quite unwell after getting a burger from the van just outside planet blue, and the game was going so poorly I decided there was no reason to ride the illness out. This was a good move for me, as I spent all night expelling said burger.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Earliest you left a game? on 06:38 - Dec 11 with 1976 viewswoodbridge_blue

The FA Cup quarter final at The Den in 1978 was the only time I have left before the final whistle. We were 3-1 up and it was in the interests of self-preservation. Missed three goals and vowed I would never leave early again.
Earliest you left a game? on 06:53 - Dec 11 with 1945 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hull away in either the Jewell or early MM-era, I was a bit late leaving and then got past Cambridge to find the A14 shut and diverting past Godmanchester. Got stuck in a massive queue and realised I wouldn’t make KO so turned round and went home - as it turned out we went 2-0 down quickly before fighting back to 2-2 in the second half, so arriving late wouldn’t have been a bad thing

Also not strictly leaving but remember being in one of the boxes in Britannia for an end of season dead rubber against Millwall around a similar time. Having gone comfortably behind in the first half me and mate decided not to bother going back out for the second half and instead stayed in the warm raiding the complimentary fridge - a good decision in that case as we got humped 3-0 or 3-1

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Earliest you left a game? on 07:37 - Dec 11 with 1862 viewsTractorCam

77 minutes away to Fulham when we conceded 4 goals in 7 minutes.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Earliest you left a game? on 08:17 - Dec 11 with 1808 viewsbrazil1982

Only once, got a complimentary ticket for a champs league match when Arsenal played them at Wembley. Arsenal v FC Copenhagen, 0-0 on 88 mins I left and Arsenal scored twice. Never again.
Earliest you left a game? on 08:51 - Dec 11 with 1739 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Earliest you left a game? on 07:37 - Dec 11 by TractorCam

77 minutes away to Fulham when we conceded 4 goals in 7 minutes.

Ah yes that one aswell - although I left earlier than you as I heard the 4th go in as I was walking away from the ground

Bl**dy Jordan Spence

Earliest you left a game? on 08:52 - Dec 11 with 1734 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough game under Jewell. Left at 5-1.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Earliest you left a game? on 08:53 - Dec 11 with 1730 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Earliest you left a game? on 22:06 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

The Rotherham game was very one sided aside from the first 5-10 minutes when we looked like we would slaughter them. They had so many really good chances to score.

That was a James Collins masterclass, what an individual performance.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Earliest you left a game? on 08:57 - Dec 11 with 1715 viewsgainsboroughblue

Earliest you left a game? on 08:52 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Peterborough game under Jewell. Left at 5-1.

Oh yes. That one as well. Was in the pub at half time. Shocker of a day.

Earliest you left a game? on 09:12 - Dec 11 with 1702 viewsElephantintheRoom

I haven't been to a cup 'game' for ten years... so I left last nights cup fixture ten years ago.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Earliest you left a game? on 10:19 - Dec 11 with 1659 viewsTractorCam

Earliest you left a game? on 08:51 - Dec 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ah yes that one aswell - although I left earlier than you as I heard the 4th go in as I was walking away from the ground

Bl**dy Jordan Spence

I actually applauded that challenge until he then got sent off haha, thought it was a soft red but he clearly was late. You think we'd have been better off without him on the pitch.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Earliest you left a game? on 10:26 - Dec 11 with 1643 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Earliest you left a game? on 10:19 - Dec 11 by TractorCam

I actually applauded that challenge until he then got sent off haha, thought it was a soft red but he clearly was late. You think we'd have been better off without him on the pitch.

Really? Thought at the time it was a ridiculous tackle and had no complaints - and I say that as someone who got rather bemused at the whole ‘everything is Spence’s fault’ attitude that developed towards him

Just remembered another one leaving early - Palace away in one of Mick’s first games, left at 4-0 down to get an earlier train and then found out we conceded a 5th. Zaha and inparticular Bolasie tore us apart that night - remember coming away thinking Zaha was getting all the hype but Bolasie was a much better player, which I guess was subsequently proved right at the time although Zaha has obviously since developed to a much higher level than Bolasie ever reached
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 10:26]

Earliest you left a game? on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 1629 viewsKieran_Knows

Thinking about it more, also left the Leicester 6-0 game early (think it was Mick's 2nd or 3rd game in charge, IIRC). Left at either 4/5-0.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Earliest you left a game? on 10:30 - Dec 11 with 1623 viewswkj

Earliest you left a game? on 10:29 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Thinking about it more, also left the Leicester 6-0 game early (think it was Mick's 2nd or 3rd game in charge, IIRC). Left at either 4/5-0.

I am very sad you did not change your name to "Mick_Knows_F***_all" there and then.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024