Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday 12:36 - Apr 14 with 6453 viewsBlueBadger

1.Let off one of those bloody hot air ballon things
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18374217.dont-use-sky-lanterns-show-nhs-suppor

2. Vote Tory.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:42 - Apr 14 with 2422 viewsJ2BLUE

How are you off for masks etc?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 2402 viewsNotSure

I understand you work in the NHS but it's wrong to make this applause political. It's a nice thing and I know my Sister (also NHS) appreciates it greatly. What she doesn't do is ask the people applauding who they voted for!
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:53 - Apr 14 with 2385 viewsBrianTablet

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:51 - Apr 14 by NotSure

I understand you work in the NHS but it's wrong to make this applause political. It's a nice thing and I know my Sister (also NHS) appreciates it greatly. What she doesn't do is ask the people applauding who they voted for!

It's only when people realise that it's politics that affects lives, that they'll stop voting for soundbite celebrities and start thinking about manifestos.

Politics is life. And life is politics.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:02 - Apr 14 with 2342 viewsRyorry

Sky lanterns should be banned, absolute menace, killed numerous farm animals over the years, plus no doubt unknown quantities of wildlife too - probably via slow, painful deaths.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 2347 viewsBlueBadger

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:51 - Apr 14 by NotSure

It gets 'political' when poiticians who've been cutting, privatising, demonising overseas workers and being criminally negligent when it comes to essential supplies start joining in with no sense of irony or self-awareness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 2336 viewsBlueBadger

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:42 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

How are you off for masks etc?

So-so. I'll probably be writing more about this later, when I've lunched and started composing this week's update.

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:48 - Apr 14 with 2271 viewsLeaky

If your making it political best I give it a miss then
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:52 - Apr 14 with 2263 viewsBlueBadger

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:48 - Apr 14 by Leaky

If your making it political best I give it a miss then

If you're still planning on voting Tory, then I recommend you do as, like Matt Hancock, you're only providing lip service support.

Login to get fewer ads

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:54 - Apr 14 with 2254 viewsStokieBlue

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 12:53 - Apr 14 by BrianTablet

It's only when people realise that it's politics that affects lives, that they'll stop voting for soundbite celebrities and start thinking about manifestos.

Politics is life. And life is politics.

You don't think the Labour manifesto had anything to do with their loss? Or the fact they kept adding to the already huge manifesto on a daily basis?

Generally your point is correct though and people do need to understand it's serious stuff not just soundbites.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:54 - Apr 14 with 2254 viewsLankHenners

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:03 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

It gets 'political' when poiticians who've been cutting, privatising, demonising overseas workers and being criminally negligent when it comes to essential supplies start joining in with no sense of irony or self-awareness.

By and large, whenever anyone says not to make something political, it's because their political beliefs/preferences would show them up to be somewhat of a nob in the circumstances.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:08 - Apr 14 with 2192 viewsbrazil1982

I voted Conservative so I'll not be clapping on Thursday; it would be hypocritical of me to do so.
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:14 - Apr 14 with 2189 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:52 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

If you're still planning on voting Tory, then I recommend you do as, like Matt Hancock, you're only providing lip service support.

So be it then
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:18 - Apr 14 with 2183 viewsfactual_blue

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 14:52 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure I want 'lip service support' from you, Leaky or Matt Hanpenis.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:18 - Apr 14 with 2183 viewsmonytowbray

Nice to see 4 weeks in that PERLERTERKERL PERNT SCERERNG is still being rolled out by people refusing to get some perspective on exactly what it is they vote for, learning and taking some f*cking responsibility.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:20 - Apr 14 with 2172 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:18 - Apr 14 by factual_blue

I'm not sure I want 'lip service support' from you, Leaky or Matt Hanpenis.

Sorry what are you on about?
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:20 - Apr 14 with 2166 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:20 - Apr 14 by Leaky

Virgin.

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:22 - Apr 14 with 2161 viewsfactual_blue

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:20 - Apr 14 by Leaky

I'm on about eight tablets a day.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 2136 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:22 - Apr 14 by factual_blue

I'm on about eight tablets a day.

Sorry to hear that I sincerely hope they work
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:29 - Apr 14 with 2126 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:20 - Apr 14 by monytowbray

Virgin.

Doubt it with two kids mate
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:33 - Apr 14 with 2110 viewsNthQldITFC

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:02 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

Sky lanterns should be banned, absolute menace, killed numerous farm animals over the years, plus no doubt unknown quantities of wildlife too - probably via slow, painful deaths.

I only let them go directly under a 5G mast these days.

I'd also criminalise the release of helium balloons saying "Congratulations, you're a moron!" etc. The number of these stuck and flapping semi-permanently around trees is fkn horrible, awful, scummy crap, human trash, makes, my, blood, boil.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 2094 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:29 - Apr 14 by Leaky

Doubt it with two kids mate

Unless you are female there’s no promises they are yours ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:39 - Apr 14 with 2086 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:33 - Apr 14 by NthQldITFC

I'd also criminalise the release of helium balloons saying "Congratulations, you're a moron!" etc. The number of these stuck and flapping semi-permanently around trees is fkn horrible, awful, scummy crap, human trash, makes, my, blood, boil.

It never fails to amaze me how much pointless plastic crap we have in mainstream culture.

I blame marketers. Like me. Sorry.

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:43 - Apr 14 with 2072 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:38 - Apr 14 by monytowbray

Unless you are female there’s no promises they are yours ;)

Well they don't vote labour so there not yours lol
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:50 - Apr 14 with 2041 viewsRyorry

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:33 - Apr 14 by NthQldITFC

Yes, those too are indiscriminate killers of animals.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 15:51 - Apr 14 with 2039 viewsMullet

Absolute nonsense. This government have done their damnedest to undermine, denigrate and weaken the NHS and its reputation for years. If people feel clapping and whatnot helps them, so be it.

But to preach about it whilst voting these hypocritical bastards in is utterly baffling. The rhetoric around immigrants in the NHS, the lies about the money they would spend, the threat of privatisation etc. are all on them, and voting for them wasn't done without that stuff being some sort of secret or hidden from view.

The clap stuff is as political as can be from its very inception. It's another propaganda tool the Tories are happy to jump on. Especially the ones who clapped when voting to ensure pay and conditions were not taken care of prior to this. The public need to own those decisions too and decide if they want reform and support or just go through the motions.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024