Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Geraint Williams still local? 13:43 - Oct 15 with 2818 viewshype313

Could have sworn I just saw him in Sainsbury's, either that or he's got a doppelganger.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 13:44 - Oct 15 with 2810 viewsPhilTWTD

Yes, lives that end of town, coaches part time at the academy.
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 13:46 - Oct 15 with 2802 viewshype313

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 13:44 - Oct 15 by PhilTWTD

Yes, lives that end of town, coaches part time at the academy.

Ahh, thought it would be a big ask to see two 4ft Welshman wandering around Warren Heath.

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 13:48 - Oct 15 with 2787 viewsNthQldITFC

Did he checkout from the line half way along? If so, maybe. Once.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:00 - Oct 15 with 2745 viewsFreddies_Ears

I see him quite often, strolling his elderly dog aroun s as I love v near him. He's quiet and friendly (actually, him + dog!).
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:03 - Oct 15 with 2722 viewsNthQldITFC

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:00 - Oct 15 by Freddies_Ears

I see him quite often, strolling his elderly dog aroun s as I love v near him. He's quiet and friendly (actually, him + dog!).

If you "love very near him" whilst he's walking his dog, I suggest you keep a weather eye out for the law!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:10 - Oct 15 with 2687 viewsPendejo

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:03 - Oct 15 by NthQldITFC

If you "love very near him" whilst he's walking his dog, I suggest you keep a weather eye out for the law!

Maybe the reason he sees him often...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:40 - Oct 15 with 2605 viewsclive_baker

Was he a good player? I was on the cusp of watching him. I mean, I probably saw him many, many times but my memory is pants for anything pre about 1997 when I was 8 / 9. I remember him as a stocky midfield 'enforcer' but really more of a playmaker. I remember accusations of him being something of a crab though? But then Jermain Wright had that tag and I thought he was a quality footballer.

He doesn't get spoken of all that often on here considering he made a lot of appearances.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:43 - Oct 15 with 2592 viewshype313

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:40 - Oct 15 by clive_baker

Was he a good player? I was on the cusp of watching him. I mean, I probably saw him many, many times but my memory is pants for anything pre about 1997 when I was 8 / 9. I remember him as a stocky midfield 'enforcer' but really more of a playmaker. I remember accusations of him being something of a crab though? But then Jermain Wright had that tag and I thought he was a quality footballer.

He doesn't get spoken of all that often on here considering he made a lot of appearances.

He was a great little player for us, the only thing you could say was he wasn't overly prolific when it came to getting on the scoresheet

Login to get fewer ads

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 15:28 - Oct 15 with 2508 viewsHorseboy

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:43 - Oct 15 by hype313

He was a great little player for us, the only thing you could say was he wasn't overly prolific when it came to getting on the scoresheet

Great strike at home v Leeds in front of the old North Stand
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 16:36 - Oct 15 with 2376 viewsTheonlywayisup

Who knew that the reason he was called 'George' was after George Best!!
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:03 - Oct 15 with 2335 viewsdavblue

a ball winner, that's about it from my memories of him.

Not to dismiss him as a player as you need all types but i recall him being limited with the ball but would just give the little passes to more creative players. Done his job ok, nothing flashy.
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:05 - Oct 15 with 2326 viewsPhilTWTD

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:03 - Oct 15 by davblue

a ball winner, that's about it from my memories of him.

Not to dismiss him as a player as you need all types but i recall him being limited with the ball but would just give the little passes to more creative players. Done his job ok, nothing flashy.

He used to win the ball and give it to Jason Dozzell most of the time! As you say, a decent midfield workhorse type of player.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:09 - Oct 15 with 2312 viewsCoastalblue

My memories of him were him being one of those players that a good number of the crowd used to disparage, he was very limited with the ball, but whenever he didn't play we looked a far worse side.
A water carrier is how I guess I'd describe him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:25 - Oct 15 with 2277 viewsBlueBadger

The Cole Skuse of the side - was there to break up, win and move the ball on, underrated by football illiterates.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:47 - Oct 15 with 2245 viewsMullet

He had a bit of Skuse about him in that there was an old boy behind us who arrived at games blaming him for stuff he was yet to do, and finding any way possible to blame him.

Basically because he wasn't Zidane.

I think most fans appreciated him and the job he did, but from memory he was the least flash footballer you could ask for.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 18:09 - Oct 15 with 2213 viewsFreddies_Ears

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 14:03 - Oct 15 by NthQldITFC

Heehee - autocorrect fun time!!!!!
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 23:29 - Oct 15 with 1948 viewsstonojnr

he used to dink the ball rather than pass it on the ground to feet or make raking crosses across the pitch though, which often made it look like they were just hit and hope someone would run on the end of it hot potato passes, but lets face it pitches back then were not bowling greens, so there was some sense in that approach, but it used to get sections of the crowd frustrated that he would nearly always win the ball in a tackle or interception, but then instantly seem to be giving it away again.

but yep a solid defensive midfielder, always gave us his all, I always thought he was underrated, as absolutely one of those players the team missed when he wasnt on the pitch, just for his ability to get the ball off the opposition, but never one who took headlines from the game,and scored well hardly any goals

I remember he did a back heel pass once in a game that actually came off and the crowd cheered it as much as if we'd scored a goal.
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 23:43 - Oct 15 with 1940 viewsPerublue

Always liked him as a solid team member which is what it's all about really being a team sport,although without a doubt the word flair never getting anywhere close to describing him.
After his playing days had seen him on and off in the Golf Hotel/pub like many old lags of the towen and remember him mostly from breaking the quiz machine rules of leaving it go to the toilets with no money in it and returning to stop myself and my Brother from just commencing our session saying it was still his turn ... As he is a unit (although small in stature) a little tipsy and grumpy and with a few hangers on..and Welsh....we left with our tails between our legs to continue his losing streak on who wants to be a millionaire.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 23:45]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 01:06 - Oct 16 with 1894 viewsStNeotsBlue

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 15:28 - Oct 15 by Horseboy

Great strike at home v Leeds in front of the old North Stand

His finest moment was a Maradona type waltz from the half way line at Reading's old ground.
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 02:25 - Oct 16 with 1878 viewsSuperCoops

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:05 - Oct 15 by PhilTWTD

He used to win the ball and give it to Jason Dozzell most of the time! As you say, a decent midfield workhorse type of player.

Spot on. He quietly went about his business. But take him out of the team and you realised how much work he actually did and was missed.

Nothing spectacular about him, but he worked hard, won the ball frequently and laid it off.
Is Geraint Williams still local? on 06:45 - Oct 16 with 1829 viewsBlueBoots

Is Geraint Williams still local? on 17:05 - Oct 15 by PhilTWTD

Excellent player - someone just fixed his Wikipedia page with a new Style Of Play section...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraint_Williams
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 6:50]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024