Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These people who don't believe there is a virus 18:35 - Nov 9 with 6442 viewsGeoffSentence

What do they think is going on?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:39 - Nov 9 with 2342 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone really believe that?

Crickey.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:40 - Nov 9 with 2333 viewsfooters

Bill Gates and microchips, innit.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:42 - Nov 9 with 2324 viewsGeoffSentence

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:39 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

Crickey.

SB

Whenever Look East go roaming round the streets talking about Covid they invariably find someone who claims that they believe there is no virus. Who knows if they really don't or have some other agenda that means they want to say that. Taking them at face value though, if it is not a virus what is causing people to die breathlessly and worry government so much that they are moved to shutdown the economy?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:45 - Nov 9 with 2310 viewsfooters

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:42 - Nov 9 by GeoffSentence

Whenever Look East go roaming round the streets talking about Covid they invariably find someone who claims that they believe there is no virus. Who knows if they really don't or have some other agenda that means they want to say that. Taking them at face value though, if it is not a virus what is causing people to die breathlessly and worry government so much that they are moved to shutdown the economy?

I've heard the phrase 'control experiment' used quite a bit.

Really hate to make this a city/rural issue, but it does seem that a lot of those who don't believe in it live in a rural, or less densley populated area, which makes sense. Of course there are many cranks in cities too, but it's no wonder that city folk generally seem to see the need for lockdowns, whereas those in the country don't.

But again, it comes back to the word exponential and the fact that people do, contrary to popular belief, sometimes visit other places in the country. Or abroad, even. In the middle of a pandemic.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:51 - Nov 9 with 2262 viewsRyorry

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:45 - Nov 9 by footers

Really hate to make this a city/rural issue, but it does seem that a lot of those who don't believe in it live in a rural, or less densley populated area, which makes sense. Of course there are many cranks in cities too, but it's no wonder that city folk generally seem to see the need for lockdowns, whereas those in the country don't.

But again, it comes back to the word exponential and the fact that people do, contrary to popular belief, sometimes visit other places in the country. Or abroad, even. In the middle of a pandemic.

Anecdotal, but every single person in my extremely rural location (hamlet of about 200 people) has taken it extremely seriously - only one couple that I've seen have broken any of the rules (breached social distancing) - and they weren't locals.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:56 - Nov 9 with 2259 viewsNthQldITFC

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:42 - Nov 9 by GeoffSentence

There's no such thing as Look East.

However, I do believe in Becky Jago. Frequently.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:22 - Nov 9 with 2195 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Martians, Area 52 and all that.
These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:26 - Nov 9 with 2176 viewsCoco

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:45 - Nov 9 by footers

Bit predictable and easy to say it’s them ol’ simple folk isn’t it? Jeeeez most the loons I’ve heard it from the cities. London is rife with conspiracy theorists spout ill informed tripe.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:41 - Nov 9 with 2128 viewsfooters

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:26 - Nov 9 by Coco

Bit predictable and easy to say it’s them ol’ simple folk isn’t it? Jeeeez most the loons I’ve heard it from the cities. London is rife with conspiracy theorists spout ill informed tripe.

Yeah, agree and it's only from what I see from people I know on social media/via family or friends.

It's more that people I know in Suffolk and similar areas saying "Why should I abide by this or that when there are relatively few cases?" Which is completely understandable on a personal level. If you don't know anyone with it or who's had it, you're far less likely to believe it, innit.

But yeah, I was only generalising based on my personal experience. There are good and bad eggs all over.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:42 - Nov 9 with 2130 viewsdavblue

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:39 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

Crickey.

SB

I’ve heard from someone who works as a nurse who said it’s a hoax. I was genuinely shocked by that.
These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:52 - Nov 9 with 2083 viewsRyorry

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:42 - Nov 9 by davblue

I’ve heard from someone who works as a nurse who said it’s a hoax. I was genuinely shocked by that.

Back in March or April, a medical Dr. in India came out of a temple saying she was safe because God would protect her.

A NHS worker that I know actually voted Tory. Unbelievable really. I'd regarded her as intelligent before she said that.

There are some very strange people around.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:52 - Nov 9 with 2103 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I worked on a Covid ICU today for the first time. There's definitely a virus.

Hats off to those who have been doing it for 8-10 hours a day for the last 6 months.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:54 - Nov 9 with 2076 viewsBarneycurley

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 18:51 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

Anecdotal, but every single person in my extremely rural location (hamlet of about 200 people) has taken it extremely seriously - only one couple that I've seen have broken any of the rules (breached social distancing) - and they weren't locals.

They clearly didn't realise it was a local shop for local people

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:55 - Nov 9 with 2057 viewsRyorry

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:52 - Nov 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

Hats off to those who have been doing it for 8-10 hours a day for the last 6 months.

In PPE. I'm 99% certain I couldn't do that, and can't express enough how much I admire their courage & endurance.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:59 - Nov 9 with 2030 viewsRyorry

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:54 - Nov 9 by Barneycurley

They clearly didn't realise it was a local shop for local people

It was on a remote lane with zero traffic, no reason they couldn't have taken a 2m detour round me as they said hello about 12 inches from the back of my head (I was putting recycling into bin with my back to them as they approached silently).

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:06 - Nov 9 with 2030 viewsThisIsMyUsername

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:55 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

In PPE. I'm 99% certain I couldn't do that, and can't express enough how much I admire their courage & endurance.

I was only there for two hours in total today , split over two visits, but getting out afterwards felt wonderful. I was also far more conscious about my PPE and fully aware of the mask straps digging into the back of my head (I can still feel it).

I only thought I'd last 5 minutes when we first went in and the reality of where I was struck me. Would not want to do it full time.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:15 - Nov 9 with 1982 viewsjeera

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:06 - Nov 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

I was only there for two hours in total today , split over two visits, but getting out afterwards felt wonderful. I was also far more conscious about my PPE and fully aware of the mask straps digging into the back of my head (I can still feel it).

I only thought I'd last 5 minutes when we first went in and the reality of where I was struck me. Would not want to do it full time.

Part of training?

Sorry, can't remember what you said before.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:20 - Nov 9 with 1969 viewsThisIsMyUsername

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:15 - Nov 9 by jeera

Part of training?

Sorry, can't remember what you said before.

I'm a physiotherapy student on a hospital placement at the moment, flicking between a few different areas. Will be back in there most days this week and then again at other points over the next few weeks.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:38 - Nov 9 with 1915 viewssyntaxerror

The company i work for rents office space from a bloke who believes its a myth created by the liberal media.
But then he is also an ardent Brexiteer, who thinks that navy warships should fire on migrants trying to cross the channel, and struggled to believe the owner of our company was a woman.
These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 1846 viewsVic

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:52 - Nov 9 by ThisIsMyUsername

My lad is working in an emergency admissions unit in a Birmingham hospital - has seen little other than Covid admissions for the last 3 months. He’s working 10 hr shifts and then doing extra shifts just because he’s needed - all in full PPE. He warned me this 2nd phase was coming 2 weeks before the Medea picked it up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 21:02 - Nov 9 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

I did it for ten weeks earlier this year and it nearly broke me. And I'm an experienced(now former) ITU nurse. F*ck only knows how those guys keep going.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 21:04 - Nov 9 with 1820 viewsfooters

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 20:56 - Nov 9 by Vic

My lad is working in an emergency admissions unit in a Birmingham hospital - has seen little other than Covid admissions for the last 3 months. He’s working 10 hr shifts and then doing extra shifts just because he’s needed - all in full PPE. He warned me this 2nd phase was coming 2 weeks before the Medea picked it up.

Give your son our thanks and appreciation. What he and many others* are doing is amazing work at an incredibly difficult time.

It's them I feel sorry and angry for when I see the deniers or the selfish try to bend the rules.

*Not Badger though. He's just a virtue singalling tit.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 21:05]

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 21:06 - Nov 9 with 1809 viewsMeadowlark

I know quite a few people who state that it's all "made up" and/or that it's some sort of conspiracy, but when pressed they cannot give any credible arguments.
I have asked why they think all these people are dying and either "they aint" or "they are dying of something else, and it's being attributed to Covid."
I thought at least one or two of these people were intelligent - until now.
These people who don't believe there is a virus on 21:13 - Nov 9 with 1772 viewsBlueBadger

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 21:04 - Nov 9 by footers

Give your son our thanks and appreciation. What he and many others* are doing is amazing work at an incredibly difficult time.

It's them I feel sorry and angry for when I see the deniers or the selfish try to bend the rules.

*Not Badger though. He's just a virtue singalling tit.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 21:05]

I hope all of your desserts are Battenberg.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 22:01 - Nov 9 with 1691 viewsBlueBadger

These people who don't believe there is a virus on 19:52 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

Back in March or April, a medical Dr. in India came out of a temple saying she was safe because God would protect her.

A NHS worker that I know actually voted Tory. Unbelievable really. I'd regarded her as intelligent before she said that.

There are some very strange people around.

I've one or two colleagues who've voted Tory. They are, to a woman(and I'm sorry, they're early all exclusively women) married to blokes on 6 figure sums who either do something in 'finance' or 'property'.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 22:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024