Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Leaker 08:56 - Nov 30 with 2675 viewshype313

Obviously I would to caveat this by saying I don't expect to start point fingers at certain posters etc, but there must be a question to ask about who gave the poster the leak and why would they?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Leaker on 08:59 - Nov 30 with 2631 viewsJakeITFC

Team news has leaked for years and years, under any manager you can think of.

These aren't exactly state secrets, and as with all things like this, Ipswich is a small town and people know people.

You might see it stop for a little while now as a big thing has been made of it, but it won't be long until people start hearing things again.
The Leaker on 09:00 - Nov 30 with 2619 viewscatch74

Joe responded to a similar thought of mine, indicating that the team sheet isn’t particularly secret.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Leaker on 09:00 - Nov 30 with 2600 viewsChris_ITFC

Please SIGN and SHARE :)

https://www.change.org/p/marcus-evans-ipswich-town-reverse-the-ban-of-phil-ham-t
The Leaker on 09:01 - Nov 30 with 2589 viewstractorboy1978

It's not a malicious thing. There are loads of people inside the club that will know the team - either because it is pinned up somewhere or because players/staff have talked about it around them. A training ground is no different to any office around the country - news doesn't stay quiet.

It only takes them to tell one person (a relative/friend) and suddenly it is pinged out across several Whatsapp groups or put on Twitter. There will be several people on here that know the team most weeks before 2pm.
The Leaker on 09:02 - Nov 30 with 2585 viewscatch74

The Leaker on 08:59 - Nov 30 by JakeITFC

These aren't exactly state secrets, and as with all things like this, Ipswich is a small town and people know people.

You might see it stop for a little while now as a big thing has been made of it, but it won't be long until people start hearing things again.

I think that’s the crazy thing - they made a massive issue and banned Phil about the team v Lincoln being revealed. Then someone on here clearly had access to Saturday’s key info. They either didn’t try hard or someone doesn’t respect the boss any more.

The Leaker on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 2528 viewsitfcjoe

As an example, on Saturday someone messaged me about 11am saying midfield 3 was McGavin, Dozzell and Gibbs.

I messaged someone else this info, they subsequently told me that they'd also been told that Cornell was in and Holy dropped.

Someone messaged me later saying that McGuinness was dropped. I'd passed that all on to a few people (Blue Monday pod WhatsApp group, a couple of posters on here)

I could piece together the team from that - I think Phil was aware of all this on Saturday too.

This isn't particularly unusual - I end up with the majority of the team most weeks, this season I haven't so much but in previous years would get it quite regularly.

Mentioned on a post at the weekend I used to speak to the Mum of a reserve player a lot from when her boy was in the academy - she would give me the team most weeks.

So many people know it by the time it's announced, it's impossible to keep quiet - so this talk of trying to stop the leak is impossible firstly.

Also, if it's not posted on here, it will be posted on Twitter - but do we honstely think that gameplans are going to change from opposition because some no mark has posted the team on Twitter or TWTD? As if they'd believe it.

If Phil was posting it as a news story, or Andy or Stu tweeting it then that's a bit different - as it is, it's random person on internet posts team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Leaker on 09:15 - Nov 30 with 2495 viewsStokieBlue

It's all nonsense though.

We are supposed to have one of the strongest squads in the league and be right up there with our starting eleven. We shouldn't care if the opposition knows the team, announce it early, be confident.

It's all just a load of rubbish from the club and shows how far we have fallen. Do we really care if Shrewsbury know our team more than an hour before kick-off?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Leaker on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 2449 viewsSamWhiteUK

The Leaker on 09:15 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

We are supposed to have one of the strongest squads in the league and be right up there with our starting eleven. We shouldn't care if the opposition knows the team, announce it early, be confident.

It's all just a load of rubbish from the club and shows how far we have fallen. Do we really care if Shrewsbury know our team more than an hour before kick-off?

SB

You're right, it's bullocks
Login to get fewer ads

The Leaker on 09:21 - Nov 30 with 2407 viewsGeoffSentence

The Leaker on 09:00 - Nov 30 by catch74

Joe responded to a similar thought of mine, indicating that the team sheet isn’t particularly secret.

And what manager in their right mind would consider a football club's fan forum as being a reliable source for team information anyway?

The whole thing is nae normal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Leaker on 09:34 - Nov 30 with 2314 viewsGuthrum

SB

I suppose the thought is that they find out while still in a position to alter their own selections. But a change like that on the morning of the match (after all training, preparation and briefings are complete) would be just as likely to sow confusion and lead to problems.

However, as Joe said, message board "def info" is hardly a good or reliable basis for a sudden change of tack.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Leaker on 09:38 - Nov 30 with 2286 viewsStokieBlue

The Leaker on 09:34 - Nov 30 by Guthrum

I suppose the thought is that they find out while still in a position to alter their own selections. But a change like that on the morning of the match (after all training, preparation and briefings are complete) would be just as likely to sow confusion and lead to problems.

However, as Joe said, message board "def info" is hardly a good or reliable basis for a sudden change of tack.

Again though, we really should be at the point where we don't care if they alter their selections, we should be confident enough and good enough to play to our strengths rather than worry about them being countered.

The fact we aren't is entirely Lambert's fault.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Leaker on 09:40 - Nov 30 with 2265 viewsTieDyedIn95

I had this thought last night. Seems quite deliberate timing wise when they are looking to attack the fans.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The Leaker on 09:48 - Nov 30 with 2210 viewscatch74

The Leaker on 09:13 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

As an example, on Saturday someone messaged me about 11am saying midfield 3 was McGavin, Dozzell and Gibbs.

I messaged someone else this info, they subsequently told me that they'd also been told that Cornell was in and Holy dropped.

Someone messaged me later saying that McGuinness was dropped. I'd passed that all on to a few people (Blue Monday pod WhatsApp group, a couple of posters on here)

I could piece together the team from that - I think Phil was aware of all this on Saturday too.

This isn't particularly unusual - I end up with the majority of the team most weeks, this season I haven't so much but in previous years would get it quite regularly.

Mentioned on a post at the weekend I used to speak to the Mum of a reserve player a lot from when her boy was in the academy - she would give me the team most weeks.

So many people know it by the time it's announced, it's impossible to keep quiet - so this talk of trying to stop the leak is impossible firstly.

Also, if it's not posted on here, it will be posted on Twitter - but do we honstely think that gameplans are going to change from opposition because some no mark has posted the team on Twitter or TWTD? As if they'd believe it.

If Phil was posting it as a news story, or Andy or Stu tweeting it then that's a bit different - as it is, it's random person on internet posts team

The crazy thing is after about 3 games of this season every team will have watched and worked out how we’re going to play and how to easily counteract that, whichever players are on the pitch.

The Leaker on 10:16 - Nov 30 with 2095 viewsmonty_radio

Two possibilities seem to follow on from what reliable posters have said on threads such as this: Firstly, that, as many have supposed, the reason given for the ban is not the reason.

But secondly, is this the outcome of managers not much younger than me who have no idea of the Social Media world as it now is but have heard that it's a bear pit or worse? "I don't look at it" etc may seem quite normal to the manager who has reached that decision even if it seems cranky to the more clued-in contemporary observer.

Obviously you could go mad if you picked your team by consulting this board first, but to think that avoidance of social media, or at least not consulting with some club official who monitors it, is a viable course of action would indicate a general level of being out of touch which could only be a harmful ignorance unless you were Fergie or somesuch.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Leaker on 10:28 - Nov 30 with 2019 viewsPinewoodblue

The Leaker on 09:00 - Nov 30 by Chris_ITFC

Please SIGN and SHARE :)

https://www.change.org/p/marcus-evans-ipswich-town-reverse-the-ban-of-phil-ham-t

While Phil’s reinstatement is important it shouldn’t be at the top of Marcus Evan’s to do list. That is reserved for finding a way to get rid of Paul Lambert as economically as possible.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Leaker on 10:30 - Nov 30 with 1995 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If it was really thought to be a risk and give the opposition that much of an advantage, then someone at the club should be setting up dummy accounts to post a fake team every week

They don’t though, as it would be a complete waste of time

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Leaker on 10:31 - Nov 30 with 1989 viewsKieran_Knows

The Leaker on 08:59 - Nov 30 by JakeITFC

Exactly this.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Leaker on 10:39 - Nov 30 with 1945 viewsEireannach_gorm

THAT explains why Lambert had a different team every week last season. Brilliant move to confuse the grapevine.
The Leaker on 13:28 - Nov 30 with 1685 viewsEdwardStone

I think we should try to trace the Leaker who posted the team news on here

I am just trying to recall...do we have a poster with a clue in his name at all? Hiding in plain sight, as it were?
The Leaker on 13:36 - Nov 30 with 1632 viewsjeera

SB

It's a deflection attempt, nothing more.

He knows he's doing a terrible job so is lashing out.

It's pathetic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Leaker on 14:02 - Nov 30 with 1531 viewsEireannach_gorm

The Leaker on 13:28 - Nov 30 by EdwardStone

I am just trying to recall...do we have a poster with a clue in his name at all? Hiding in plain sight, as it were?

The Leaker on 14:08 - Nov 30 with 1490 viewsclive_baker

The Leaker on 13:28 - Nov 30 by EdwardStone

You don't know who it was, but it seems Paul Knows.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Leaker on 14:10 - Nov 30 with 1478 viewsKieran_Knows

The Leaker on 14:08 - Nov 30 by clive_baker

You don't know who it was, but it seems Paul Knows.

Ha, I wasn't part of 'Lincoln-gate'!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Leaker on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1457 viewsclive_baker

The Leaker on 14:10 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

Ha, I wasn't part of 'Lincoln-gate'!

Never said you were.

He doth protest too much

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024