Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games 09:13 - Dec 18 with 9430 viewsitfcjoe

And we have an assistant manager with no fitness qualifications doing the warm ups.

Shrewsbury - Nolan (22)
Hull City - Sears (32)
Charlton - Norwood (35), Nsiala (71)
Oxford - None
Plymouth - None
Portsmouth - Nolan (33)
Burton Albion - Bennetts (45)

It's not unlucky, it's a total dereliction of duties towards our players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:20 - Dec 18 with 4609 viewsDyland

It's by far my biggest bug bear with the club the last few years in terms of what I expect from the money I pay, namely we should at the very least be able to keep players fit notwithstanding the usual wear and tear or bits of bad luck. "Usual" being the operative word here. From an ITFC supporters' perspective, and even that of the players, it is nothing short of scandalous, and the finger very much pointing at Evans.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 9:20]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:22 - Dec 18 with 4576 viewstractorboy1978

And also interesting that all of those are in home games...
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:24 - Dec 18 with 4556 viewsitfcjoe

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:22 - Dec 18 by tractorboy1978

And also interesting that all of those are in home games...

I did think that, wonder if there is anything in it - Bishop was also injured in that time period at PR but was an impact injury.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:26 - Dec 18 with 4539 viewsHerbivore

5 out of the 6 in the first half as well. It's completely inexcusable. Either they are going into games with an issue, in which case playing them is reckless, or we aren't making sure they're prepared properly, which is negligent. I'm not seeing our opponents losing at least one player to injury every game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:29 - Dec 18 with 4521 viewsclive_baker

It's a circus. There's been corner cutting by ME from the day he joined and some of it is probably hard to make a compelling business case against, but surely, when you look at the £ value of wages we have sat in the treatment room each week there's a demonstrable payback to be had in hiring a fitness and conditioning team that's fit for purpose. It quite literally could be the difference between promotion or not.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 4498 viewsSteve_M

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:24 - Dec 18 by itfcjoe

I did think that, wonder if there is anything in it - Bishop was also injured in that time period at PR but was an impact injury.

We still kept Bishop on after Shrewsbury had tried kicking him off the pitch though didn't we?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 4498 viewstractorboy1978

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:29 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

It's a circus. There's been corner cutting by ME from the day he joined and some of it is probably hard to make a compelling business case against, but surely, when you look at the £ value of wages we have sat in the treatment room each week there's a demonstrable payback to be had in hiring a fitness and conditioning team that's fit for purpose. It quite literally could be the difference between promotion or not.

That is probably one of the only things Hurst actually identified and did right but we threw the baby out with the bath water on that? Nathan Winder isn't doing badly at Sheff Utd is he?

EDIT - and also, when you see some of the salaries we offer for some of these roles, it is hardly surprising we aren't attracting the best candidates for them.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 9:34]
I didn't realise Toto was that old...... on 09:34 - Dec 18 with 4479 viewsBloots

....no wonder he picked up the injury.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:34 - Dec 18 with 4478 viewshoppy

If the Premier League can call on VAR, are we able to call for a zoom call if we need to speak to our fitness consultant up in Scotland?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:37 - Dec 18 with 4464 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I hope the local press make a story of this and put pressure on Evans. I've been banging on about the injuries for years - while many on here have been saying it's just bad luck - and very little seems to change. It's a disgrace, and you've really highlighted it here with these stats. Shocking.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You can go back to the first game of the season..... on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 4442 viewsBloots

....against Bristol Rovers, Woolfendon clearly overstretched at one stage and was really struggling with a muscle injury.

He carried on, which in itself seemed odd.

He was then ridiculously selected to play in the Pizza Cup against Arsenal 3 days later and was subsequently out for 5 matches.

Absolutely ludicrous management of injuries.

What a club.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 4436 viewshype313

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:37 - Dec 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hope the local press make a story of this and put pressure on Evans. I've been banging on about the injuries for years - while many on here have been saying it's just bad luck - and very little seems to change. It's a disgrace, and you've really highlighted it here with these stats. Shocking.

I was watching the Sheff Utd game last night and Didzy played really well, had a look at his stats since he joined, 83 games in 2 years (aged 32/33), he managed 133 in 5 years here.

It's no coincidence, it's a complete lack of insight in into the sports rehab and fitness here.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:41 - Dec 18 with 4426 viewsclive_baker

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:32 - Dec 18 by tractorboy1978

That is probably one of the only things Hurst actually identified and did right but we threw the baby out with the bath water on that? Nathan Winder isn't doing badly at Sheff Utd is he?

EDIT - and also, when you see some of the salaries we offer for some of these roles, it is hardly surprising we aren't attracting the best candidates for them.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 9:34]

Quite. For all of Mick's great qualities, he wasn't the most of forward thinking in this regard and standards definitely slipped over a period of time. I think in that period the preference was certainly to invest funds in playing staff rather than the off the field side. McGoldrick is often cited as an example, Webster is another one. Look at them since they've joined a more professional operation.

Given the squad we've got too, and the depth in it, surely it would've made far more sense during the extended pre season to move a Donacien out on loan and invest his wages in 1 or 2 competent staff members in this area. I think our fans sometimes give the club too much credit. The whole structure of the club is a joke from top to bottom.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 4385 viewsartsbossbeard

C'mon Joe, this is athletes being athletes stuff and I'm somewhat surprised you're buying into this.

https://www.evertonfc.com/teams/injuries-and-suspensions

If you add Allan's hamstring into this, that's 3x hamstring, 1 x achilles, 1x calf injury plus a ligament injury. All muscular and all standard, almost to be expected, injuries.

There's bigger things to beat the club about the head with than this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:50 - Dec 18 with 4352 viewsitfcjoe

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:46 - Dec 18 by artsbossbeard

C'mon Joe, this is athletes being athletes stuff and I'm somewhat surprised you're buying into this.

If you add Allan's hamstring into this, that's 3x hamstring, 1 x achilles, 1x calf injury plus a ligament injury. All muscular and all standard, almost to be expected, injuries.

5 first half muscle injuries in our last 5 home games.....I can't speak for every other club (and do generally think fans may be a bit myopic looking at our plight) but that is clearly an issue.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:54 - Dec 18 with 4323 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:41 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

Quite. For all of Mick's great qualities, he wasn't the most of forward thinking in this regard and standards definitely slipped over a period of time. I think in that period the preference was certainly to invest funds in playing staff rather than the off the field side. McGoldrick is often cited as an example, Webster is another one. Look at them since they've joined a more professional operation.

Given the squad we've got too, and the depth in it, surely it would've made far more sense during the extended pre season to move a Donacien out on loan and invest his wages in 1 or 2 competent staff members in this area. I think our fans sometimes give the club too much credit. The whole structure of the club is a joke from top to bottom.

Indeed. Blue Action need to put this on their list of gripes with how the club is run.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:55 - Dec 18 with 4308 viewsportmanking

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:24 - Dec 18 by itfcjoe

I have to say, I thought the PR pitch looked in terrible shape this week, particularly in the Burton game. It always looks like there's b*gger all in the way of depth to the playing surface these days. Much like the rest of the club, I guess....
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:57 - Dec 18 with 4305 viewsartsbossbeard

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:50 - Dec 18 by itfcjoe

5 first half muscle injuries in our last 5 home games.....I can't speak for every other club (and do generally think fans may be a bit myopic looking at our plight) but that is clearly an issue.

If you look at Norwood & Nsiala's injuries in the same game, Norwood twisted funny after getting a hit from behind when about to turn/run and Nsiala went down after going up for a header and not landing as expected.

I don't think either can be put down to them not being stretched out by a qualified stretcher-outerer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:57 - Dec 18 with 4300 viewsMaySixth

Good point.

The halftime warmup is embarassing to watch

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 with 4202 viewsBlueBadger

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 09:57 - Dec 18 by artsbossbeard

If you look at Norwood & Nsiala's injuries in the same game, Norwood twisted funny after getting a hit from behind when about to turn/run and Nsiala went down after going up for a header and not landing as expected.

I don't think either can be put down to them not being stretched out by a qualified stretcher-outerer.

But the fact that they take ages to to recover and persistently break down again, and seem to stay fit for ages when they move on, on the other hand...
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 10:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 with 4198 viewsclive_baker

There's no way the level of injuries we've sustained over a period of time is par for the course. It's not a one off with freak injuries, these are regular and reoccurring. We massively over index in this regard over a period of time, it's not bad luck.

It's penny pinching. I worked for Charlton when they were in L1 and the set up there felt so far ahead of what we've got now. I just took a look at a club like Lincoln out of interest, they've got a Head of Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Sports Scientist, Sports Science & Medicine Assistant and Assistant Sports Scientist listed on their website. Who have we got? A Sports Scientist 'advising' remotely in Scotland and 1 conditioning coach.

Oh and a former L2 footballer / coach with no qualification masquerading as a fitness coach. Not digging out Matt Gill but it's not his core competency is it.

Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:12 - Dec 18 with 4183 viewsmarchy

Oh right, it's happened to another club? Well we definitely don't have a problem then.
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:15 - Dec 18 with 4166 viewsBlueBadger

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

There's no way the level of injuries we've sustained over a period of time is par for the course. It's not a one off with freak injuries, these are regular and reoccurring. We massively over index in this regard over a period of time, it's not bad luck.

It's penny pinching. I worked for Charlton when they were in L1 and the set up there felt so far ahead of what we've got now. I just took a look at a club like Lincoln out of interest, they've got a Head of Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Sports Scientist, Sports Science & Medicine Assistant and Assistant Sports Scientist listed on their website. Who have we got? A Sports Scientist 'advising' remotely in Scotland and 1 conditioning coach.

Oh and a former L2 footballer / coach with no qualification masquerading as a fitness coach. Not digging out Matt Gill but it's not his core competency is it.

Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive.

It's essentially Austerity Politics. It ostensibly saves money on the face of it, but the fallout ultimately costs far more and has long-lasting ramifications.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:16 - Dec 18 with 4152 viewsportmanking

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

The bottom paragraph sums up Evans' reign in a nutshell.

So transfixed on getting things right ON the pitch that he has no concept of how the off-field environment needs to work in perfect harmony.

Mind you, if he were to invest more in sports science, his sliding scale invested into the first-team would surely diminish too, so.....
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:17 - Dec 18 with 4135 viewsHipsterectomy

How did we survive the 2004/5 season, almost getting promoted, with a tiny squad and the only notable injuries being Kuqi for a month and Davis for a few weeks

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024