Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucy Allan MP 16:23 - Dec 29 with 4970 viewstractordownsouth

The Telford MP, whose' greatest hits include fabricating death threats and tweeting doctored videos of Keir Starmer from a far right troll account, has made a bit of a tit of herself on Twitter this morning.

She's been playing down the impact of Covid by retweeting that fewer people without underlying conditions have died from covid than from road accidents. Only problem with that is that underlying conditions includes stuff like eczema and asthma, so discounts a massive chunk of the population and that you can't catch a road accident.

To top it off, she started moaning about being silenced as soon as people criticised her. She's got to be one of the worst, even in the current Tory party.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lucy Allan MP on 17:14 - Dec 29 with 2523 viewsBlueBadger

I have no idea what would pazzess someone to vote for these obvious, obvious frauds. Voting Tory is like being 'Lambert In'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lucy Allan MP on 17:15 - Dec 29 with 2509 viewsTrequartista

I googled "covid eczema" and the National Eczema Society say "There is no evidence to suggest that people with eczema are more likely to develop Covid-19 or to experience a more severe form of the condition if they do develop it."

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lucy Allan MP on 17:27 - Dec 29 with 2461 viewsSpruceMoose

The fact that these horrendous individuals use a free worldwide platform to spout their guff about how they're being silenced would be hilarious if not for the fact the world is being ruined by them and their supporters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lucy Allan MP on 17:27 - Dec 29 with 2461 viewsfactual_blue

Lucy Allan MP on 17:14 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

I have no idea what would pazzess someone to vote for these obvious, obvious frauds. Voting Tory is like being 'Lambert In'.

Well, part of the problem would appear to be that the population of Telford is primarily Brummies deemed too dim for Birmingham.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lucy Allan MP on 18:13 - Dec 29 with 2333 viewsKievthegreat

Lucy Allan MP on 17:15 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

I googled "covid eczema" and the National Eczema Society say "There is no evidence to suggest that people with eczema are more likely to develop Covid-19 or to experience a more severe form of the condition if they do develop it."

Not sure what your point is here. No one said Eczema affected Covid.
Lucy Allan MP on 18:20 - Dec 29 with 2310 viewsbournemouthblue

Lucy Allan MP on 18:13 - Dec 29 by Kievthegreat

wasn't that your point?

Some of these 'underlying health conditions' deaths are equally misleading as you say

A convenient soundbite for suggesting it's not our fault?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lucy Allan MP on 18:20 - Dec 29 with 2306 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 18:13 - Dec 29 by Kievthegreat

It was cited by the op as an underlying health condition.

Lucy Allan MP on 18:24 - Dec 29 with 2294 viewsDubtractor

Lucy Allan MP on 18:20 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

It was cited by the op as an underlying health condition.

Yes, that is the point, lots of people will have an underlying health condition whether it impacts on Covid or not. If you rule all of those out of the statistics then you get a vastly reduced number of deaths caused by Covid-19.

Eczema will have no impact on Covid-19 at all, but Lucy Allan would choose to take those numbers out of the death tally.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Lucy Allan MP on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 2259 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 18:24 - Dec 29 by Dubtractor

Yes, that is the point, lots of people will have an underlying health condition whether it impacts on Covid or not. If you rule all of those out of the statistics then you get a vastly reduced number of deaths caused by Covid-19.

Eczema will have no impact on Covid-19 at all, but Lucy Allan would choose to take those numbers out of the death tally.

I was under the impression that these figures were released by NHS England, and that "underlying health conditions" was a definition given by them i.e. it only refers to underlying health conditions relevant to covid.

I will dig deeper to see if this true.

Lucy Allan MP on 18:36 - Dec 29 with 2227 viewsDubtractor

Lucy Allan MP on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

I was under the impression that these figures were released by NHS England, and that "underlying health conditions" was a definition given by them i.e. it only refers to underlying health conditions relevant to covid.

I will dig deeper to see if this true.

I see - I'd be interested to know the answer if you find out!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lucy Allan MP on 18:39 - Dec 29 with 2213 viewsJ2BLUE

I this this is down to some people thinking 'underlying conditions' is code for 'serious illnesses where people will soon die anyway'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lucy Allan MP on 18:42 - Dec 29 with 2201 viewsfooters

Lucy Allan MP on 18:39 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

I this this is down to some people thinking 'underlying conditions' is code for 'serious illnesses where people will soon die anyway'.

Exactly, it's mainly code for 'the elderly'. Obviously as you progress in years the more health concerns you pick up, and oftentimes these issues are interrelated with others; one condition begets another.

This whole 'underlying causes' argument is like pretending AIDS isn't a serious illness, because it's not what ultimately kills you.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 18:43]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lucy Allan MP on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 2157 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 18:36 - Dec 29 by Dubtractor

I see - I'd be interested to know the answer if you find out!

I can confirm that the definition of "underlying health condition" is the definition given by NHS England, and not one invented by the newspaper or the MP. I think we can assume this means those conditions relevant to covid, otherwise the statistic would be meaningless.

Here we see the figure was 377 up to 17/12/20.

Lucy Allan MP on 18:57 - Dec 29 with 2134 viewsKievthegreat

Lucy Allan MP on 18:51 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

I can confirm that the definition of "underlying health condition" is the definition given by NHS England, and not one invented by the newspaper or the MP. I think we can assume this means those conditions relevant to covid, otherwise the statistic would be meaningless.

No. You can't assume.

Ps. It's a thread of tweets.

Edit: TLDR version, is that it includes any pre-existing condition including 1,500 who had a mental health diagnosis, 600+ with Autism or learning difficulties and 30,000+ marked "other", which includes any pre-existing condition, relevant or not.

[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 19:03]
Lucy Allan MP on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 2124 viewsfooters

The death of one is a tragedy, but the death of a million is just a statistic, innit.

Lucy Allan MP on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 2110 views26_Paz

They won’t like that mate, they won’t like that at all.
When facts get in the way of their world view you can expect ‘the treatment’.

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 2085 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 17:14 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

You are obsessed

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 2088 viewsvapour_trail

I’m not sure that assumption can be automatically made actually.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lucy Allan MP on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 2065 viewsjaykay

Lucy Allan MP on 18:58 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

so you haven't read the whole thread then

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lucy Allan MP on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 2014 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:03 - Dec 29 by jaykay

so you haven't read the whole thread then

I have and he’s rinsed the lot of you

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 2023 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 19:01 - Dec 29 by vapour_trail

I’m not sure that assumption can be automatically made actually.

That's a fair point. We should question everything.

I'm just a punter trying to find the truth, googling as i go in this case, i have no interest in attempting to underplay covid as the mp has been accused of.

My real interest here is how many people we need to vaccinate before we have covered those with "underlying health conditions" because when they have been done, the figures left are relatively low. Which makes the definition of "underlying health conditions" so important.

Lucy Allan MP on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 2012 viewsfooters

...said the hardcore Brexiteer, covid-superspreader.

Lucy Allan MP on 19:11 - Dec 29 with 1992 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucy Allan MP on 19:09 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

I have and he’s rinsed the lot of you

Which part of excess deaths did you misunderstand?

Truly impaired.

Lucy Allan MP on 19:11 - Dec 29 with 1990 viewsSpruceMoose

That mask is now floating in a puddle tattered and torn like an old Wetherspoons receipt.

What a nasty little individual you are.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lucy Allan MP on 19:12 - Dec 29 with 1978 viewsJ2BLUE

Please consult Bronn from Game of Thrones for why you can't be offered any treatment.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024