Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games 09:13 - Dec 18 with 9502 viewsitfcjoe

And we have an assistant manager with no fitness qualifications doing the warm ups.

Shrewsbury - Nolan (22)
Hull City - Sears (32)
Charlton - Norwood (35), Nsiala (71)
Oxford - None
Plymouth - None
Portsmouth - Nolan (33)
Burton Albion - Bennetts (45)

It's not unlucky, it's a total dereliction of duties towards our players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:19 - Dec 18 with 1830 viewsSomethingBlue

It's an absolute joke and it is destroying us as much as anything else.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 1829 viewsmarchy

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:17 - Dec 18 by Hipsterectomy

How did we survive the 2004/5 season, almost getting promoted, with a tiny squad and the only notable injuries being Kuqi for a month and Davis for a few weeks

Because we were a better football club in every measurable way.
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:33 - Dec 18 with 1789 viewsKieran_Knows

I would comment, but it’s probably best I don’t.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:34 - Dec 18 with 1782 viewsitfcjoe

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:33 - Dec 18 by Kieran_Knows

I would comment, but it’s probably best I don’t.

Don't tease us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:35 - Dec 18 with 1774 viewstractorboy1978

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:16 - Dec 18 by portmanking

The bottom paragraph sums up Evans' reign in a nutshell.

So transfixed on getting things right ON the pitch that he has no concept of how the off-field environment needs to work in perfect harmony.

Mind you, if he were to invest more in sports science, his sliding scale invested into the first-team would surely diminish too, so.....

Marginal gains - and you will obtain none by investing the absolute bare minimum in the infrastructure of the club - sports science, scouting, competent DOF etc.

And that goes for plenty of other seemingly trivial things off the pitch as well like the ground being a mess, having one card machine in the NSL, delays re vouchers being issued, cuts in 'non-football' staff. These things all add up to providing a worse experience for fans ultimately.

Sorry I am on a rant...
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 10:47]
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 1752 viewsmarchy

Bennetts Out For Several Weeks by NewsTWTD 18 Dec 2020 10:25
http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/39361/bennetts-out-for-several-weeks

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:41 - Dec 18 with 1744 viewsgordon

The thing that absolutely baffles me, is that it sounds like Lambert isn't even in contact with the medical team about our injuries - there have been so many times when he seems to have just shrugged his shoulders and basically said 'I don't know, we'll see' about injuries:

“He’s doing OK, but this one will be too early for him,” he said. “I don’t know how he is either, we just need to monitor them, so we’ll probably need to dip into the younger age group again, I think.”

Is anyone else struggling? “Not as such, we have to wait and see where we’re at.”
I didn't realise Toto was that old...... on 10:41 - Dec 18 with 1735 viewsKeno

I didn't realise Toto was that old...... on 09:34 - Dec 18 by Bloots

....no wonder he picked up the injury.

Finidi George's younger brother?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:42 - Dec 18 with 1736 viewscatch74

Not sure if I’ve got this right but didn’t Lambert say the game before Nolan’s latest injury, that he wasn’t ready to play (after he’d subbed him.) Norwood definitely came back a couple of weeks early.
I think some of it is a catch 22, the number of injuries mean we need to get players back ASAP.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:46 - Dec 18 with 1728 viewsRadlett_blue

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

There's no way the level of injuries we've sustained over a period of time is par for the course. It's not a one off with freak injuries, these are regular and reoccurring. We massively over index in this regard over a period of time, it's not bad luck.

It's penny pinching. I worked for Charlton when they were in L1 and the set up there felt so far ahead of what we've got now. I just took a look at a club like Lincoln out of interest, they've got a Head of Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Sports Scientist, Sports Science & Medicine Assistant and Assistant Sports Scientist listed on their website. Who have we got? A Sports Scientist 'advising' remotely in Scotland and 1 conditioning coach.

Oh and a former L2 footballer / coach with no qualification masquerading as a fitness coach. Not digging out Matt Gill but it's not his core competency is it.

Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive.

Indeed. O'Neill is nominally responsible for sports science so you would think this is his responsibility, but maybe he won't ask for or has been refused a bigger budget by Evans? An incredibly false economy.
Lambert will also have some say in this. He recruited Jim Henry & by all accounts there have been disagreements, hence his departure. However, we haven't replaced him so will bumble along as usual.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 1717 viewsBlueBadger

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:41 - Dec 18 by gordon

The thing that absolutely baffles me, is that it sounds like Lambert isn't even in contact with the medical team about our injuries - there have been so many times when he seems to have just shrugged his shoulders and basically said 'I don't know, we'll see' about injuries:

“He’s doing OK, but this one will be too early for him,” he said. “I don’t know how he is either, we just need to monitor them, so we’ll probably need to dip into the younger age group again, I think.”

Is anyone else struggling? “Not as such, we have to wait and see where we’re at.”

That's probably more reflective on his half-arsed approach to doing his job in general though, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:59 - Dec 18 with 1678 viewsSteve_M

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:11 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

There's no way the level of injuries we've sustained over a period of time is par for the course. It's not a one off with freak injuries, these are regular and reoccurring. We massively over index in this regard over a period of time, it's not bad luck.

It's penny pinching. I worked for Charlton when they were in L1 and the set up there felt so far ahead of what we've got now. I just took a look at a club like Lincoln out of interest, they've got a Head of Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Sports Scientist, Sports Science & Medicine Assistant and Assistant Sports Scientist listed on their website. Who have we got? A Sports Scientist 'advising' remotely in Scotland and 1 conditioning coach.

Oh and a former L2 footballer / coach with no qualification masquerading as a fitness coach. Not digging out Matt Gill but it's not his core competency is it.

Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive.

"Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive."

The Evans era is a sentence. See also the extensive turnover of players between managers, and the state of the ground. All of which will cost more in the long-term than having either a sensible footballing structure or performing basic maintenance properly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:02 - Dec 18 with 1669 viewsSuperCoops

While there is seemingly an issue with the medical science part of the club, I do think some of you are neglecting this year in that clubs are playing a lot more games in a shorter space of time which gives players far less recovery from muscle and impact injuries.

We aren't the only club suffering an influx of muscles, hamstring, thigh, groin injuries etc, hence why they brought in the 5 subs rule to try and reduce the burden.

An athlete's body needs more recovery time than they're currently getting ideally with 2 games every week.
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:05 - Dec 18 with 1661 viewsKeaneish

To be fair, if you’re a professional footballer and you don’t know how to warm up or look after your body, you’re pretty stupid!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:15 - Dec 18 with 1629 viewsmarchy

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:02 - Dec 18 by SuperCoops

While there is seemingly an issue with the medical science part of the club, I do think some of you are neglecting this year in that clubs are playing a lot more games in a shorter space of time which gives players far less recovery from muscle and impact injuries.

We aren't the only club suffering an influx of muscles, hamstring, thigh, groin injuries etc, hence why they brought in the 5 subs rule to try and reduce the burden.

An athlete's body needs more recovery time than they're currently getting ideally with 2 games every week.

Funny though, we don't seem to have come up against any other sides absolutely decimated with injuries, nor seen many key players limp off against us.
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:22 - Dec 18 with 1604 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 10:59 - Dec 18 by Steve_M

"Basket case of a club, investing so much in playing staff and not giving them the environment in which to get the best out of them. It's so counter productive."

The Evans era is a sentence. See also the extensive turnover of players between managers, and the state of the ground. All of which will cost more in the long-term than having either a sensible footballing structure or performing basic maintenance properly.

Even little things like how you got a piece of tissue paper to hold your hotdog instead of a cardboard box like most normal clubs, shows the penny-pinching nature of how the club is run.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:23 - Dec 18 with 1600 viewslongtimefan

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:15 - Dec 18 by marchy

Funny though, we don't seem to have come up against any other sides absolutely decimated with injuries, nor seen many key players limp off against us.

Not our league, but Norwich have also had a lot of injuries this year. In fact the Athletic did a piece on the 3rd Dec on them having 12 players missing. Not a subscriber so don’t know what their view on it was.
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:24 - Dec 18 with 1597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The injury crisis has been going on for years at this club, not the last few months.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:25 - Dec 18 with 1595 viewsHerbivore

So why does it only seem to be our players coming off injured with muscle injuries during our matches? Before I stopped watching us it was only ever us needing to sub players because they'd pulled up. All teams are in the same boat, so why are we coping so much worse than most of our rivals?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:30 - Dec 18 with 1581 viewsSuperCoops

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:25 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

So why does it only seem to be our players coming off injured with muscle injuries during our matches? Before I stopped watching us it was only ever us needing to sub players because they'd pulled up. All teams are in the same boat, so why are we coping so much worse than most of our rivals?

Genuine question: how many times do you follow our opponents substitutions and then follow up on that player's progress and reason for being replaced, the nature of any injury and when they next play?
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:31 - Dec 18 with 1577 viewsSomethingBlue

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:25 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Town will just ignore that pattern as well as the much longer-term trend and claim it is 100% brought on by the post-lockdown schedule. It is ever thus with ITFC: bound by events, or their interpretation of them, rather than shaping or instigating anything themselves.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:32 - Dec 18 with 1572 viewsHerbivore

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:30 - Dec 18 by SuperCoops

Genuine question: how many times do you follow our opponents substitutions and then follow up on that player's progress and reason for being replaced, the nature of any injury and when they next play?

I can use my eyes, mate. It's usually pretty evident when a player is coming off with an injury.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:33 - Dec 18 with 1567 viewsHerbivore

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:31 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

Town will just ignore that pattern as well as the much longer-term trend and claim it is 100% brought on by the post-lockdown schedule. It is ever thus with ITFC: bound by events, or their interpretation of them, rather than shaping or instigating anything themselves.

Indeed. One of the worst things about ITFC is this sense of fatalism that seems to have completely enveloped the club. Nothing is proactive, we just let sh!t happen and take no responsibility for it.

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:36 - Dec 18 with 1557 viewsSuperCoops

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:32 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

I can use my eyes, mate. It's usually pretty evident when a player is coming off with an injury.

You've not answered my question fully. Have you checked that opposition players who come off are featuring in their next game. I'm sorry, but you're not a physiotherapist and they could be slight muscle injuries and less so obvious. Do you really concentrate on every opposition player leaving the field?
6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:38 - Dec 18 with 1551 viewsRadlett_blue

6 in game muscle injuries in 7 games on 11:23 - Dec 18 by longtimefan

Not our league, but Norwich have also had a lot of injuries this year. In fact the Athletic did a piece on the 3rd Dec on them having 12 players missing. Not a subscriber so don’t know what their view on it was.

That makes the fact that Norwich are top of the Championship even harder to bear.
Amazing to think that only just 2 years ago, we had the better of a 1-1 draw, were deriding Farke & were still hoping Hurst could be the new messiah.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024