Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden 15:47 - Jan 30 with 1680 viewsitfcpaul

Is useless

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Woolfenden on 15:49 - Jan 30 with 1647 viewsScuzzer

Poor first half.
Looks half hearted and slow.

Established 1968

Woolfenden on 15:50 - Jan 30 with 1640 viewsSpruceMoose

You're just fishing for Mach upvotes!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Woolfenden on 15:52 - Jan 30 with 1582 viewsstiff_talking

Woolfenden on 15:50 - Jan 30 by SpruceMoose

You're just fishing for Mach upvotes!

Pushed off the ball, and passing give aways. Looks ready to put in a Lambert shift !
Woolfenden on 15:55 - Jan 30 with 1514 viewsJ2BLUE

He doesn't look the most intimidating centre back does he? If you're a grizzled league one physical striker you'd fancy your chances.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Woolfenden on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 1515 viewsBluearmy71

That useless he made it to becoming a professional footballer, how far did you make it in the game, a pub side??
Woolfenden on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 1466 viewsMrTown

He doesn’t look the same player he was last year I have to be honest. I don’t know whether that’s due to him being in and out of the side. Whether it is due to a disagreement with Lambert.

Lambert did state very early in preseason that he needed to up his game, and hadn’t come back in pre season correct. I think you can probably see why he said that now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Woolfenden on 16:03 - Jan 30 with 1392 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He certainly gets dragged out of position a lot. I think he needs an experienced centre half alongside him.

That pairing of McG and Wolfie are too inexperienced and with Chambers utilised as an attacking FB, there's no experienced presence around either of them.

With Wilson out for as long as he has been, I'm surprised that a CB wasn't on the agenda in this loan window.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Woolfenden on 16:12 - Jan 30 with 1305 viewsitfcpaul

Woolfenden on 15:56 - Jan 30 by Bluearmy71

That useless he made it to becoming a professional footballer, how far did you make it in the game, a pub side??

further than you did but still makes him useless

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden on 16:18 - Jan 30 with 1255 viewsLowie

Woolfenden on 16:12 - Jan 30 by itfcpaul

I think there is a massive issue amongst our support that sees our home grown players as far better than they are.

Wolfenden is a case in point. He has undoubted potential but at the moment, is not our best centre half. He is lightweight, looks rather half arsed and doesn't impose himself on the game. If one of Hurst's signing had have come of laughing as the Wolf did a few games ago, they'd be rightly slated.

I think he needs to work harder.

We need a James Collins type figure who is prepared to put their body on the line.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 16:21]
Woolfenden on 16:18 - Jan 30 with 1252 viewsjudespiveyg

Welcome to the 21st century, centre halves need to be able to pass a football these days. Wolf isn't the most physical centre-back in the world but his excellence with the ball at his feet offsets that. He's not playing to last season's level but last year he had a physical player in Chambers to do the dirty work next to him which allowed Wolf to flourish.
He's not the finished product yet but anyone with eyes can see he's our best centre half and I guarantee he'll be a Championship, if not Premiership regular one day.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Woolfenden on 16:21 - Jan 30 with 1209 viewsitfcpaul

Woolfenden on 16:18 - Jan 30 by judespiveyg

Welcome to the 21st century, centre halves need to be able to pass a football these days. Wolf isn't the most physical centre-back in the world but his excellence with the ball at his feet offsets that. He's not playing to last season's level but last year he had a physical player in Chambers to do the dirty work next to him which allowed Wolf to flourish.
He's not the finished product yet but anyone with eyes can see he's our best centre half and I guarantee he'll be a Championship, if not Premiership regular one day.

useless and oit of position after losing the ball

Woolfenden on 16:22 - Jan 30 with 1177 viewsBluearmy71

I ain't the one criticising him as I'm in no position to do so, I played for my local pub side, nothing to be ashamed of, if you played at a higher level I congratulate you on being good enough to do so!

Woolfy defo got muscled out of it for their goal though!
Woolfenden on 16:24 - Jan 30 with 1120 viewsjudespiveyg

Woolfenden on 16:21 - Jan 30 by itfcpaul

useless and oit of position after losing the ball

Repeating 'useless' over and over again doesn't make your point any less wrong.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Woolfenden on 16:25 - Jan 30 with 1077 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sick to the death watching the pile of s**t he is. Yet another poor game and outmuscled so easiy.
Woolfenden on 16:28 - Jan 30 with 991 viewslmfcblue

Woolfenden on 16:03 - Jan 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

He certainly gets dragged out of position a lot. I think he needs an experienced centre half alongside him.

That pairing of McG and Wolfie are too inexperienced and with Chambers utilised as an attacking FB, there's no experienced presence around either of them.

With Wilson out for as long as he has been, I'm surprised that a CB wasn't on the agenda in this loan window.

Wilson has been a big miss - no nonsense defender
Woolfenden on 16:28 - Jan 30 with 981 viewslongtimefan

Woolfenden on 16:18 - Jan 30 by judespiveyg

How many goals does a CH create with the ball at his feet versus how many can lack of defensive excellence give away? I know which quality I’d have as a priority.
Woolfenden on 16:58 - Jan 30 with 887 viewsChrisd

Woolfenden on 16:18 - Jan 30 by Lowie

I think there is a massive issue amongst our support that sees our home grown players as far better than they are.

Wolfenden is a case in point. He has undoubted potential but at the moment, is not our best centre half. He is lightweight, looks rather half arsed and doesn't impose himself on the game. If one of Hurst's signing had have come of laughing as the Wolf did a few games ago, they'd be rightly slated.

I think he needs to work harder.

We need a James Collins type figure who is prepared to put their body on the line.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 16:21]

That's going to upset a few Lowie.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Woolfenden on 17:02 - Jan 30 with 835 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 16:25 - Jan 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sick to the death watching the pile of s**t he is. Yet another poor game and outmuscled so easiy.

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woolfenden on 17:12 - Jan 30 with 778 viewsjayessess

Woolfenden misses one tackle on the half-way line and it is a mistake, but gotta ask - why is it that every time a defensive player misses a tackle or a midfield player gives the ball away in the middle of the pitch, we're nailed on to concede? What is it about the way we defend, the way we set up, that means one, fairly minor, mistake seems to cost us this every week.

Crewe must have given the ball away or missed challenges like that a dozen times during the game. The only one that cost them was the one that happened literally on their penalty spot.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Woolfenden on 17:16 - Jan 30 with 739 viewsLuggworm

Woolfenden on 17:12 - Jan 30 by jayessess

Woolfenden misses one tackle on the half-way line and it is a mistake, but gotta ask - why is it that every time a defensive player misses a tackle or a midfield player gives the ball away in the middle of the pitch, we're nailed on to concede? What is it about the way we defend, the way we set up, that means one, fairly minor, mistake seems to cost us this every week.

Crewe must have given the ball away or missed challenges like that a dozen times during the game. The only one that cost them was the one that happened literally on their penalty spot.

He didn't "miss" the tackle, he was pulled off the ball by his shirt, absolute free kick against Crewe that useless ref did not see.
Woolfenden on 17:18 - Jan 30 with 709 viewsLowie

Woolfenden on 16:58 - Jan 30 by Chrisd

That's going to upset a few Lowie.

It's not wrong though...
Woolfenden on 17:20 - Jan 30 with 689 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 17:18 - Jan 30 by Lowie

It's not wrong though...

It is.

You're a revolting individual. (n/t) on 17:20 - Jan 30 with 688 viewsBloots

Woolfenden on 16:25 - Jan 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Woolfenden on 17:23 - Jan 30 with 666 viewsLowie

Woolfenden on 17:20 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

It is.

Do you honestly think he's currently our best centre back? He was last year, but this season he's been really poor.

Just because he's one of ours, we seem to view his performances under a different set of criterion to say Toto, McGuinness, etc.

Quite honestly, Chambers is still the best centre back we have which is frankly incredibly depressing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:24]
Woolfenden on 17:26 - Jan 30 with 623 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 17:23 - Jan 30 by Lowie

Do you honestly think he's currently our best centre back? He was last year, but this season he's been really poor.

Just because he's one of ours, we seem to view his performances under a different set of criterion to say Toto, McGuinness, etc.

Quite honestly, Chambers is still the best centre back we have which is frankly incredibly depressing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:24]

He's going through a tough time at the minute, not helped by being managed by a dead man walking with whom he clearly doesn't have the best relationship. I don't think Lambert's treatment of Woolf has helped, but hopefully Woolf will learn from the experience and come again. All young players go through difficult times, but I don't think you can make the inference that he is overrated when he's going through his first rough patch in a Town shirt, especially when the wider context is taken into account. You don't have Prem scouts showing interest if you're not a good player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024