Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, the "3 games to save his job" 14:22 - Feb 1 with 3470 viewshype313

Was complete and utter bunkem then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 2874 viewsChrisabian

Annoyingly, it would appear so. Speechless that he is still here today.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 2874 viewshomer_123

Well yes, it was obvious last week.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:26 - Feb 1 with 2836 viewsScuzzer

where did it come from in the first place...from wishful thinking maybe?

Established 1968

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:28 - Feb 1 with 2818 viewsPrideOfTheEast

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:24 - Feb 1 by Chrisabian

Annoyingly, it would appear so. Speechless that he is still here today.

Not sure he was ever going to be sacked immediately after those 3 games. ME will want somebody ready to come in so conceivably could have sounded people out last week, be interviewing this week and, assuming a negative result on Saturday, appoint them next week.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 2801 viewsWallingford_Boy

the draw at Crewe saved him!

RIP Sir Bobby

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 2784 viewsCaptainAhab

No, it was true. What they didn't tell us was he only needed to scrape a point from those 3 games...
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:35 - Feb 1 with 2718 viewsKeaneish

He saved it with a point at Crewe!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:37 - Feb 1 with 2691 viewsitfcjoe

Guess we'll find out in next week or two.......Evans approach seems to be to decide when he wants the new man, get him lined up, and then whilst this is happening continue to give the incumbent manager more opportunities to get out of jail.

With Hurst he could have given the new manager the international break to work with, but we beat Swansea so Hurst got 3 more games, looks like he's not learned his lesson from that for now Lambert

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 2658 viewsPhilTWTD

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:28 - Feb 1 by PrideOfTheEast

Not sure he was ever going to be sacked immediately after those 3 games. ME will want somebody ready to come in so conceivably could have sounded people out last week, be interviewing this week and, assuming a negative result on Saturday, appoint them next week.

Indeed, even if ME was giving PL three games to save his job, then his usual form is to get the new man ready and then make the sacking.

Not winning any of the three games has put his position in an ever more perilous position whether ME has made his decision or otherwise. Even if he hasn't I'm confident he has spoken to other potential managers, sounding them out on whether they would be interested as and when the time comes. From the whispers I hear Cook, Cowleys, Pearson and Harris have all been spoken to, probably others.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 2547 viewsParky

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:41 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, even if ME was giving PL three games to save his job, then his usual form is to get the new man ready and then make the sacking.

Not winning any of the three games has put his position in an ever more perilous position whether ME has made his decision or otherwise. Even if he hasn't I'm confident he has spoken to other potential managers, sounding them out on whether they would be interested as and when the time comes. From the whispers I hear Cook, Cowleys, Pearson and Harris have all been spoken to, probably others.

If and when it inevitably happens, who would be your preferred choice, Phil?

Hopefully whoever it is, would instantly overturn your ban and get you back in the press room. Would you fancy chucking questions at Pearson in the risk of being called an ostrich?
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:54 - Feb 1 with 2499 viewsOsborneOneNil

It wouldn't be any better if he brought in Harris. Any of the 3 will do, but let's have Cook.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:57 - Feb 1 with 2464 viewsistanblue

Remaining in place after the Sunderland game made it obvious that he was going nowhere as even a win at Crewe would've meant an average of 1 point a game which is survival form.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:01 - Feb 1 with 2434 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If there is any hint of a positive answer from Pearson there should be no delay in acting on it.

I cannot think of many managers we could look to who come close to what he is. He would be better than MM was!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:02 - Feb 1 with 2413 viewsStokieBlue

That's all very well but it's bizarre from ME.

Every game he stays it a game further from any promotion challenge.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:03 - Feb 1 with 2396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:37 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Guess we'll find out in next week or two.......Evans approach seems to be to decide when he wants the new man, get him lined up, and then whilst this is happening continue to give the incumbent manager more opportunities to get out of jail.

With Hurst he could have given the new manager the international break to work with, but we beat Swansea so Hurst got 3 more games, looks like he's not learned his lesson from that for now Lambert

I think it's more about the being sure of who he is getting in first.

Not the way I think it should happen but seems to be ME's modus operandum.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:08 - Feb 1 with 2339 viewsCrockerITFC

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:49 - Feb 1 by Parky

If and when it inevitably happens, who would be your preferred choice, Phil?

Hopefully whoever it is, would instantly overturn your ban and get you back in the press room. Would you fancy chucking questions at Pearson in the risk of being called an ostrich?

Bald eagle presumably
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:13 - Feb 1 with 2296 viewsistanblue

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:37 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

So are you saying then that Evans could pull the plug on any new manager coming in on the basis that Lambert produces a slight upturn in form? Let's say Evans has made his decision, has been sounding out replacements, interviewing them, and then settling on a preferred option. In the meantime Lambert has picked up 6 points over 3 games. So would Evans then turn around to the replacement and say ''sorry, but Paul Lambert has demonstrated an improvement in results and therefore I've changed my mind on sacking him''? Utterly shambolic decision making if so.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 2277 viewsBlueBlood90

Hi Phil,

Who is making the decisions regarding incoming/outgoing transfers?

If Lambert is under extreme pressure and set to be replaced imminently then it seems bizarre that we would sign the players he wants when a new manager could potentially walk in next week and not want them.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 2267 viewsitfcjoe

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:13 - Feb 1 by istanblue

So are you saying then that Evans could pull the plug on any new manager coming in on the basis that Lambert produces a slight upturn in form? Let's say Evans has made his decision, has been sounding out replacements, interviewing them, and then settling on a preferred option. In the meantime Lambert has picked up 6 points over 3 games. So would Evans then turn around to the replacement and say ''sorry, but Paul Lambert has demonstrated an improvement in results and therefore I've changed my mind on sacking him''? Utterly shambolic decision making if so.

Look at how it ended under Hurst, he won one game and then got 2 more and stayed in the job for another 3 weeks. As soon as he was sacked Lambert was the only candidate and it was a done deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 2220 viewstextbackup

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:28 - Feb 1 by PrideOfTheEast

*another negative result

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 2195 viewstextbackup

I love that you literally don't give two fcks anymore and saying how it is

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:25 - Feb 1 with 2185 viewsclive_baker

Be fair, we've scored 1 goal and picked up a point in those 3 games, it would be harsh to sack him now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:25 - Feb 1 with 2182 viewshype313

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:23 - Feb 1 by textbackup

I love that you literally don't give two fcks anymore and saying how it is

He's not got anything left to lose!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:26 - Feb 1 with 2173 viewstextbackup

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:25 - Feb 1 by hype313

lol that's what I men, ive never know if phil was in/out on any manager we've ever had before..... but this one has royally pissed him off

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 2132 viewsclive_baker

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:25 - Feb 1 by hype313

Now now, lets leave Phil's hair line out of this.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024