Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton's "goal" yesterday 08:38 - Feb 28 with 2257 viewsPendejo

Do we sympathise with them or WBA?

Remember Ince at OT with Forrest 20 odd yards from goal?

In this instance GK was on the line & ref had blown the whistle. The second blow was because GK "not in position", shameful.

They had 2 penalties and stuffed them up.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 08:42 - Feb 28 with 2217 viewsHerbivore

Sympathise with Brighton all the way. He asked the ref if he could take it quickly and the ref said yes and blew his whistle, he then shat it and changed his mind for no good reason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 08:45 - Feb 28 with 2195 viewsChrisd

Yes. If Dunk has asked the referee if he can take it quickly and it’s been given the green light, then that should be a goal. The only person that can answer what happened yesterday is Mason. That second whistle by him was bizarre. Perhaps he had a £5 on a 1-0 home win?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 2188 viewsChurchman

I saw it ‘live’ and it was hilarious. At the time, it looked like the Brighton players had made the ref change his mind. Then the WBA players, then was the goalies line of sight interfered with, VAR. Chaos.

I’m not a fan of VAR. Goal line technology, yes but no more than that. VAR slows the game and for every good decision there is a bad one. Yesterday was a farce. It encourages refs and lino’s not to do their job too.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 08:50 - Feb 28 with 2164 viewsm14_blue

Definitely.

It wasn’t like Dunk was trying it on, he asked the ref if he could take it and was told yes.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 2164 viewsbluelagos

I dont have the ability to separate the decision from knowing who the manager of WBA is.

But even so, goal should have stood. Ref messed up clearly, but Allardice is a cnt so who cares,,let the goal stand.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 2030 viewsBent_double

No sympathy for Brighton, he tried to take the freekick knowing that the 'keeper was on the other side of the goal preparing the wall and would not be able to get to the ball - just like Ince did.

Call it cheating or unsportsman-like behaviour if you like, but the ref made the right decision....eventually.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 09:59 - Feb 28 with 2022 viewspointofblue

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 09:57 - Feb 28 by Bent_double

No sympathy for Brighton, he tried to take the freekick knowing that the 'keeper was on the other side of the goal preparing the wall and would not be able to get to the ball - just like Ince did.

Call it cheating or unsportsman-like behaviour if you like, but the ref made the right decision....eventually.

Then it’s the ref’s responsibility to judge the situation and tell him to wait - not blow the whistle then panic.

VAR would have been better to have given it as offside; would have been less embarrassing for all involved.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:01 - Feb 28 with 2011 viewsHerbivore

When a free kick is taken shouldn't be dictated by the defending team. The ref said he could take the free kick and blew his whistle, then inexplicably shat himself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:06 - Feb 28 with 1999 viewsBlueStreak

100% should have been a goal. Ref blew the whistle, game back on. Defending team should be ready to go.

Hope he enjoys his week off next week as doubt Lee Mason will be officiating in the PL for a little while.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:09 - Feb 28 with 1988 viewspointofblue

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:06 - Feb 28 by BlueStreak

100% should have been a goal. Ref blew the whistle, game back on. Defending team should be ready to go.

Hope he enjoys his week off next week as doubt Lee Mason will be officiating in the PL for a little while.

He’ll get a slap on the wrist and be back for 13th March at the very latest. One issue with the FA is their willingness to accept incompetence.

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 1933 viewsMattinLondon

It’s Brighton’s free kick - it’s an advantage to them for the opposition breaking the rules. If they are ready, and it’s taken from the right spot. then I don’t see why the keeper has a right to arrange his wall.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 1917 viewsElderGrizzly

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:01 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

When a free kick is taken shouldn't be dictated by the defending team. The ref said he could take the free kick and blew his whistle, then inexplicably shat himself.

Absolutely this. The defending team had committed the foul, it isn't for them to dictate when it can be taken.

The ref gave permission verbally and then blew his whistle too.

Only he can explain why he then appeared to make up a new interpretation of the law to disallow it.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:31 - Feb 28 with 1866 viewsCrockerITFC

Yeah I find it hard to sympathise really because the penalty chances were more than enough to win the game, their destiny was in their own hands.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:38 - Feb 28 with 1854 viewsSuperCoops

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:31 - Feb 28 by CrockerITFC

Yeah I find it hard to sympathise really because the penalty chances were more than enough to win the game, their destiny was in their own hands.

That is totally irrelevant to that incident, though.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:45 - Feb 28 with 1844 viewslongtimefan

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:53 - Feb 28 by ElderGrizzly

Absolutely this. The defending team had committed the foul, it isn't for them to dictate when it can be taken.

The ref gave permission verbally and then blew his whistle too.

Only he can explain why he then appeared to make up a new interpretation of the law to disallow it.

When I refereed the topic of quick free kicks was always part of my pre-match briefing to Captains. I always said that free kicks could be taken without requiring me to whistle, other than when in close proximity to the penalty area. In those cases if it wasn’t taken before I was over the ball at the free kick location then it would be on my whistle. Yesterday’s referee obviously got it wrong by blowing too early while the goalkeeper was still setting up. Having made the decision to go on the whistle he shouldn’t have blown until the keeper was ready. What follows is a farce, but I suspect VAR had no alternative to advise him he had then reblown before the ball entered the net and therefore had to disallow the “goal”.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 11:51]
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:48 - Feb 28 with 1838 viewsCrockerITFC

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:38 - Feb 28 by SuperCoops

That is totally irrelevant to that incident, though.

That's 100% true but they can't complain about dropping a point when they miss two penalties in my book. But you're right the ref dropped a boll*ck.
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:52 - Feb 28 with 1829 viewsWeWereZombies

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 10:09 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

He’ll get a slap on the wrist and be back for 13th March at the very latest. One issue with the FA is their willingness to accept incompetence.

Or refereeing is a difficult job and there are only so many who are even close to the skill level required that they can chose from.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:55 - Feb 28 with 1811 viewspointofblue

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:52 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

Or refereeing is a difficult job and there are only so many who are even close to the skill level required that they can chose from.

I don’t think any of them are good enough, quite frankly. The bigger concern is how VAR can make a mess of it so often. I honestly think the refs for our games against Oxford and Doncaster were better.

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:56 - Feb 28 with 1809 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 12:32 - Feb 28 with 1756 viewswkj

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:56 - Feb 28 by Keno

A Canadian making football videos??? Pffff first this, then American Owners. BAH

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 13:34 - Feb 28 with 1694 viewsWeWereZombies

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 11:55 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

I don’t think any of them are good enough, quite frankly. The bigger concern is how VAR can make a mess of it so often. I honestly think the refs for our games against Oxford and Doncaster were better.

Don't think anyone could have any complaints about the job that Anthony Taylor is doing on the live match between Palace and Fulham at the moment.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 15:36 - Feb 28 with 1616 viewsRadlett_blue

The Ince goal was completely different. Poll was booking Forrest so he had to stand there & Poll gave him no time to get back to defend the goal. Ridiculous, rather like the Wales try yesterday, when the ref called Farrell over to lecture him about giving away too many penalties & while the captain was passing this on to his team, as he was bound to, the ref allowed Wales to take a quick penalty.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 16:20 - Feb 28 with 1594 viewsBluedanW

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 15:36 - Feb 28 by Radlett_blue

The Ince goal was completely different. Poll was booking Forrest so he had to stand there & Poll gave him no time to get back to defend the goal. Ridiculous, rather like the Wales try yesterday, when the ref called Farrell over to lecture him about giving away too many penalties & while the captain was passing this on to his team, as he was bound to, the ref allowed Wales to take a quick penalty.

I immediately thought of the goal at Old Trafford.
Still makes me angry to this day. The only reason we share that worst premiership defeat record is due to a dodgy refereeing decision. No way should that of counted. How can a team score a free kick whilst the opposing keeper is being booked on the edge of the 18 yard box
Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 16:31 - Feb 28 with 1579 viewsronnyd

Brighton's "goal" yesterday on 09:59 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

Then it’s the ref’s responsibility to judge the situation and tell him to wait - not blow the whistle then panic.

VAR would have been better to have given it as offside; would have been less embarrassing for all involved.

How can VAR disallow a goal for offside when there is no offside? Just to save the Ref's blushes?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024