Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shambert utterly destroyed this club 20:34 - Apr 10 with 2400 viewsBluefish

But not having any shots on target for 2 game and only managing 4 shots on target in 4 games with the biggest and most expensive squad in the league is shocking.

The free hit for PRP was the lowest point in our history and things are different here so Cook deserves a free pass of sorts but this is beyond acceptable.

He is a mile.away from sacking material but we need to also not fall into the trap of allowing this to be ok

Lambert destroyed us and he was clapped and his name sung for 90 mins like a hero. PC is a mile better but he also has to earn the adulation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:37 - Apr 10 with 2144 viewsSuperCoops

But until Cook is able to stop using Lambert's "tools" (ie players), I think he's a bit limited to what he can do.

The players aren't good enough, the mentality of the whole club is wrong. I'd happily ship them all off at the end of the season and start from scratch.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:38 - Apr 10 with 2135 viewsBluefish

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:37 - Apr 10 by SuperCoops

But until Cook is able to stop using Lambert's "tools" (ie players), I think he's a bit limited to what he can do.

The players aren't good enough, the mentality of the whole club is wrong. I'd happily ship them all off at the end of the season and start from scratch.

He has some slack but not being able to get a shot on target for 2 games from this squad is miles past acceptable. Our squad is another league compared to mk dons

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:40 - Apr 10 with 2092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:37 - Apr 10 by SuperCoops

I don't think it's being overly demanding to expect a team to manage a shot on target in 3 hours of football... including playing the Leagues bottom club.

These are dangerously low standards.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 2065 viewsN2_Blue

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:38 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

He has some slack but not being able to get a shot on target for 2 games from this squad is miles past acceptable. Our squad is another league compared to mk dons

You do realise PC can't take the shots himself!?

How is it his fault he has probably the poorest attacking options of any ITFC side is history and probably amongst the worst in this division?

Players don't stay after training to practice shooting at goal like many players at most clubs would do and is something your average and recreational player enjoys doing down the park.

There are reports in training that even in little mini 5 -a-side games the strikers aren't even scoring.

The players are rotten and 100% fallible for what is going on. They should hang their heads in shame.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:43]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:43 - Apr 10 with 2036 viewsbazza

Expensive or not, they are still terrible players.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:44 - Apr 10 with 2033 viewsBluefish

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:42 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

How is it his fault he has probably the poorest attacking options of any ITFC side is history and probably amongst the worst in this division?

Players don't stay after training to practice shooting at goal like many players at most clubs would do and is something your average and recreational player enjoys doing down the park.

There are reports in training that even in little mini 5 -a-side games the strikers aren't even scoring.

The players are rotten and 100% fallible for what is going on. They should hang their heads in shame.

It literally is his job to pick and motivate and direct the players. If they aren't good enough or it isn't working pick some other ones

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:45 - Apr 10 with 2018 viewsSuperCoops

My thoughts are you can't polish a turd and that's what most of our players are. They're just not good enough, end of.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:45 - Apr 10 with 2016 viewstextbackup

not for one min can I think PC is accepting this sht from the players, he must be feeling sick to the stomach that in 3 hrs we've not had a shot on target.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:46 - Apr 10 with 1992 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This is a very poor argument that only works for individual player errors.

A manager and his coaching staff should be able to provide the foundations for players to create shooting opportunities and getting shots on target. This is why players train and are coached.

It's bizarre to absolve a manager when his team creates nothing for 3 hours, including against the Leagues bottom club. The argument suggests that a manager has no responsibility at all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:47 - Apr 10 with 1968 viewsN2_Blue

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:44 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

It literally is his job to pick and motivate and direct the players. If they aren't good enough or it isn't working pick some other ones

He did today if you hadn't noticed!!

We don't have any other ones that are any good!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 1963 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:45 - Apr 10 by SuperCoops

My thoughts are you can't polish a turd and that's what most of our players are. They're just not good enough, end of.

They should be good enough to get a shot on target in 3 hours of play.

Christ, we are not even demanding a win or goals now... we are just asking for a shot on bloody target.

....these aspirations are terrifyingly low.

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:03 - Apr 10 with 1838 viewsBlueBadger

The Realist 09 LOVES Free Beer, Improved Football and Better Match Day Experiences.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:06 - Apr 10 with 1804 viewsbraveblue

Lambert was not good. But if anyone has destroyed this club it is Evans. No one can build a team with constant sales of best players and a budget which allows third rate replacements.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:06 - Apr 10 with 1801 viewsBluefish

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:45 - Apr 10 by textbackup

not for one min can I think PC is accepting this sht from the players, he must be feeling sick to the stomach that in 3 hrs we've not had a shot on target.

I'd give that 45 mins max to not be tolerating. Not 2 whole games, if you can't tear them a new arsehole in those 3 occasions of seeing no shots on target then something is up

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:08 - Apr 10 with 1779 viewsBluefish

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 20:47 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

He did today if you hadn't noticed!!

We don't have any other ones that are any good!

He made 2 changes?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:10 - Apr 10 with 1766 viewsjontysnut

We'll score again
Don't know where don't know when
But I know we'll score again some sunny day
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:12 - Apr 10 with 1753 viewstextbackup

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:06 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

I'd give that 45 mins max to not be tolerating. Not 2 whole games, if you can't tear them a new arsehole in those 3 occasions of seeing no shots on target then something is up

yeah I must say, its a horrible weird feeling I have about something not being right..... but if I don't say it out loud it might not be true

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:13 - Apr 10 with 1742 viewschrismakin

"You do realise PC can't take the shots himself!?"

This is why the anti PC posts do my head in

Yes the stats say 0 shots on target

But, Drinan - going through on goal.. turns away from goal- wtf
sears shoots wide from 18 yards, sears lobs keeper wide, easier to score!
Ward sticks in a great cross, only edwards is actually in the box

etc etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 22:03 - Apr 10 with 1624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:13 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

"You do realise PC can't take the shots himself!?"

This is why the anti PC posts do my head in

Yes the stats say 0 shots on target

But, Drinan - going through on goal.. turns away from goal- wtf
sears shoots wide from 18 yards, sears lobs keeper wide, easier to score!
Ward sticks in a great cross, only edwards is actually in the box

etc etc

I don't think there have been any anti PC posts.

You can question someone's impact without being 'anti'.

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 22:38 - Apr 10 with 1518 viewsStewart27

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 21:06 - Apr 10 by braveblue

Lambert was not good. But if anyone has destroyed this club it is Evans. No one can build a team with constant sales of best players and a budget which allows third rate replacements.

Bloody hell we know this.

However, Evans isn’t responsible for us not being able to take a shot on target in over 2 games against MK Dons and Rochdale.

A non league club would manage that.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 22:50 - Apr 10 with 1453 viewsMrTown

Lambert did ruin this club, you were spot on him. Hurst did a lot of damage too.

My gripe is people expecting Cook to resolve 3 years of carnage in 6 weeks.

The man is a proven winner at this level time and time again.

He needs a rebuild, he needs pre season, he needs players he can trust, he needs to be able to build his own team.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:03 - Apr 10 with 1427 viewsreusersfreekicks

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 22:50 - Apr 10 by MrTown

Lambert did ruin this club, you were spot on him. Hurst did a lot of damage too.

My gripe is people expecting Cook to resolve 3 years of carnage in 6 weeks.

The man is a proven winner at this level time and time again.

He needs a rebuild, he needs pre season, he needs players he can trust, he needs to be able to build his own team.

Whatever. He still should be able to motivate them better than he has. Whatever approach he is taking is clearly not working. The players are better than this.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:10 - Apr 10 with 1398 viewsEireannach_gorm

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:03 - Apr 10 by reusersfreekicks

Whatever. He still should be able to motivate them better than he has. Whatever approach he is taking is clearly not working. The players are better than this.

Clearly they are not.
Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:21 - Apr 10 with 1351 viewsMrTown

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:03 - Apr 10 by reusersfreekicks

What makes you think the players are better than this, genuinely?

What have you seen to suggest they are capable of consistently performing at a better level than they are?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Shambert utterly destroyed this club on 23:24 - Apr 10 with 1339 viewsnoggin

Lambert didn't destroy us. We were a basket case long before he arrived.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024