Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. 08:04 - Aug 11 with 8678 viewsnoggin

Fookin depressing.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:11 - Aug 11 with 3995 viewsjayessess

it'll just be a handful, a few of them just deliberately hoping to get a rise out of people. Best to just let it wash over you

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:13 - Aug 11 with 3975 viewsTonytown

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:11 - Aug 11 by jayessess

it'll just be a handful, a few of them just deliberately hoping to get a rise out of people. Best to just let it wash over you

Just put them on ignore, Mattinlondon etc
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:14 - Aug 11 with 3977 viewsnoggin

I know but if ever there were a time to feel positive, it's now. I think a few posters will be going on the div list today.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:30 - Aug 11 with 3932 viewsSitfcB

They obviously haven’t listened or read anything he or Mark Ashton have said over the last few weeks.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:33 - Aug 11 with 3889 viewsHerbivore

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:30 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

They obviously haven’t listened or read anything he or Mark Ashton have said over the last few weeks.

Much as I'm fairly relaxed about Town right now, we really do need to learn not to judge people by their words but by whether or not they deliver.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:34 - Aug 11 with 3882 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:30 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

That's quite evident. The fact that Blubfish still calls Ian Craney "the kit man" shows he hasn't been paying much attention, for one.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:44 - Aug 11 with 3840 viewsSitfcB

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:33 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Much as I'm fairly relaxed about Town right now, we really do need to learn not to judge people by their words but by whether or not they deliver.

More referring to the points they’ve repeatedly made about having patience, it’s not going to happen overnight, it’s a work in progress, we need to be together etc etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:47 - Aug 11 with 3804 viewsHerbivore

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:44 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

More referring to the points they’ve repeatedly made about having patience, it’s not going to happen overnight, it’s a work in progress, we need to be together etc etc.

Yeah I can remember Evans and Lambert saying similar though. I can understand some wariness. But yeah, anyone losing their head two games in is mad but I'm seeing more heads lost from the blind optimists than I am people losing their head over Cook not being the man for the job.

Login to get fewer ads

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:53 - Aug 11 with 3773 viewsCuffy81

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:47 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Yeah I can remember Evans and Lambert saying similar though. I can understand some wariness. But yeah, anyone losing their head two games in is mad but I'm seeing more heads lost from the blind optimists than I am people losing their head over Cook not being the man for the job.

Blind optimism being giving a manager with a proven track record of getting teams out of this division time to build a team?
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:00 - Aug 11 with 3716 viewsHerbivore

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:53 - Aug 11 by Cuffy81

Blind optimism being giving a manager with a proven track record of getting teams out of this division time to build a team?

Blind optimism being seeing a 1-0 loss to Newport youth team as a good thing because we created some chances and seeing a 2-2 draw with Morecambe bedding in numerous new players two as a good thing because at least we didn't lose. The shouting down of any questioning or expression of concern has been going on for months now and it's all rather tedious.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:14 - Aug 11 with 3657 viewsCuffy81

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:00 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Blind optimism being seeing a 1-0 loss to Newport youth team as a good thing because we created some chances and seeing a 2-2 draw with Morecambe bedding in numerous new players two as a good thing because at least we didn't lose. The shouting down of any questioning or expression of concern has been going on for months now and it's all rather tedious.

Questioning and concern is good, on paper they are two poor results.

However if you look at the performances within those two games we should have one at least one of them with the chances created. You can see what Cook is trying to get across, we have a clear tactical plan and identity of playing. Individual mistakes are costing us once more.

You call it blind optimism, I'd call it looking for the positives - now Evans has gone and we have a proper structure behind the scenes there is plenty to be positive about, that's not giving Cook a free pass, he needs to win some games - Saturday will be a tough test
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:17 - Aug 11 with 3646 viewstextbackup

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:47 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Evans and lambert words weren’t ever worth a w*nk tho were they

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 3621 viewsHerbivore

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:14 - Aug 11 by Cuffy81

Questioning and concern is good, on paper they are two poor results.

However if you look at the performances within those two games we should have one at least one of them with the chances created. You can see what Cook is trying to get across, we have a clear tactical plan and identity of playing. Individual mistakes are costing us once more.

You call it blind optimism, I'd call it looking for the positives - now Evans has gone and we have a proper structure behind the scenes there is plenty to be positive about, that's not giving Cook a free pass, he needs to win some games - Saturday will be a tough test

I thought Saturday was a fairly ropey display to be honest against a Morecambe side who will very likely finish bottom 2. They were blooding as many new players as we were. I thought Harper and Evans were good but that aside it wasn't great. Last night is tough to read much into given the number of changes, but losing to Newport youth team is a poor show whatever the mitigation. Expressing this is described by some as flouncing. A few people lost their head that I wasn't massively excited by our not very good performance and result against Morecambe, which was bizarre.

We should be wanting better. I'm sure Cook and the new owners want better. The shouting down of any questioning or criticism is quite tiresome and I'm seeing WAY more of that happening on here than I am people genuinely turning on Cook.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:20 - Aug 11 with 3609 viewsHerbivore

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:17 - Aug 11 by textbackup

Evans and lambert words weren’t ever worth a w*nk tho were they

That's not what you and others felt at the time.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:21 - Aug 11 with 3620 viewsGuthrum

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 08:44 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

Also about priorities - the League Cup being a distant third behind the League and the FA Cup. Hence so many changes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:30 - Aug 11 with 3578 viewsblueears

What is the fuss with him though ? I have never been convinced with him. He has never really managed at a higher level than league 1. OK, one promotion with Wigan, then he did a runner as soon as it got a bit sticky, which he has done more than once. Yes he has had promotions out of league 2, but thats not a cause for excitement. Sligo is just that, Sudbury Town are probably bigger ! All this fuss and he has hardly gone up the league ladder, ld have expected him to have managed in the Championship regularly, but no, one season. He isnt exactly a youngster now,but he is still stuck in the bottom 2 leagues. If he was as great as some on here seem to believe a club higher up would have given him a chance by now dont you think ? Is it down to him only being a one trick pony ? He seems to only have one formation, doesnt seem to be able to change things up. I find that strange. A good coach can change formations. Cook is just adament that we play this system and thats it.? He has a lot to do to convince me.
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:33 - Aug 11 with 3554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Already?

To be fair, he is c.6 months in to the job.

I appreciate that he now has 'his' team, but I can understand people who feel underwhelmed by results.

I think performances will soon start to bring wins however, and everyone should then be a lot happier.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:37 - Aug 11 with 3523 viewsnoggin

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:30 - Aug 11 by blueears

What is the fuss with him though ? I have never been convinced with him. He has never really managed at a higher level than league 1. OK, one promotion with Wigan, then he did a runner as soon as it got a bit sticky, which he has done more than once. Yes he has had promotions out of league 2, but thats not a cause for excitement. Sligo is just that, Sudbury Town are probably bigger ! All this fuss and he has hardly gone up the league ladder, ld have expected him to have managed in the Championship regularly, but no, one season. He isnt exactly a youngster now,but he is still stuck in the bottom 2 leagues. If he was as great as some on here seem to believe a club higher up would have given him a chance by now dont you think ? Is it down to him only being a one trick pony ? He seems to only have one formation, doesnt seem to be able to change things up. I find that strange. A good coach can change formations. Cook is just adament that we play this system and thats it.? He has a lot to do to convince me.

Did you apply for the job? Sounds like you would have been a decent contender.

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:39 - Aug 11 with 3503 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Indeed. Not getting into then debate anymore. Still buying players FFS

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:40 - Aug 11 with 3488 viewsblueears

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:37 - Aug 11 by noggin

Did you apply for the job? Sounds like you would have been a decent contender.

l just think he is overrated by a lot on here. You look at his history and he has never really progressed. He has been stuck in the bottom 2 leagues for most of his career. If he was that good he would have gone up the ladder by now.
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:41 - Aug 11 with 3485 viewstimothyeo

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:00 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Agreed, although I fully understand i'm too far "on the other side of the fence" for most people re Cook; perhaps unfairly if I'm totally honest because it's been a very similar pattern with our previous two managers.

I don't think anyone has said a 1-0 loss to Newport means Cook should be sacked. I've rightfully seen concern; the performance was good but you'd bloody hope it would be against Newport reserves.

My main gripe is we've been asked to be patient, wait for things to gel etc and then we've not taken an opportunity to do that in a game which didn't have a huge amount riding on it - the perfect time to do so. I don't think it's necessarily fair to sit there and tell the fans to be patient but on the flipside ignore that opportunity.
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:45 - Aug 11 with 3441 viewsnoggin

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:40 - Aug 11 by blueears

l just think he is overrated by a lot on here. You look at his history and he has never really progressed. He has been stuck in the bottom 2 leagues for most of his career. If he was that good he would have gone up the ladder by now.

Someone like Keane, Jewell or Lambert you mean?

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:48 - Aug 11 with 3393 viewschicoazul

“Already” is six months now?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:57 - Aug 11 with 3369 viewsIpswichKnight

"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 09:19 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I thought Saturday was a fairly ropey display to be honest against a Morecambe side who will very likely finish bottom 2. They were blooding as many new players as we were. I thought Harper and Evans were good but that aside it wasn't great. Last night is tough to read much into given the number of changes, but losing to Newport youth team is a poor show whatever the mitigation. Expressing this is described by some as flouncing. A few people lost their head that I wasn't massively excited by our not very good performance and result against Morecambe, which was bizarre.

We should be wanting better. I'm sure Cook and the new owners want better. The shouting down of any questioning or criticism is quite tiresome and I'm seeing WAY more of that happening on here than I am people genuinely turning on Cook.

Kind of agree, felt we controlled the game v Morecombe without ever really be threatening, they only scored from 2 howlers apart from that they struggled to get into our box. We didn’t create many chances for the keeper to save we did work the ball well.

Creating so many chances and not scoring is not a good sign and we can’t keep waiting for Norwood to be fully fit as it ain’t going to happen.

We’re right to question when Cook is going to get us to click as we’ve only seen it in patches so far never for a full game.

Not winning games is a p1ss easy habit to get into and an extremely hard habit to break.
"Supporters" questioning Cook already. on 10:06 - Aug 11 with 3341 viewsParky

We must have the most negative moany fans in the world. Only at Ipswich when a new manager is appointed, the fans ask amongst themselves “how long does he get before he gets sacked”.

Cook and Ashton have stated multiple times in the press they want the fans supporting the team for the full 90 and then slag off the players all you want in the pub. Saturday, first game for 18-months, under new ownership and there were huffs, puffs groans and almost no support when going a goal down.

Last night the team, made up of mainly fringe players and youngsters for boo’d off by some [not all].

Absolutely embarrassing, I honestly question if we deserve nice things at this club.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 11:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024