Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? 12:54 - Aug 30 with 2142 viewsSitfcB

Just for whatever reason we had to wait until later in the window?

I hope Hladky was told this when he signed, poor bloke.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 1835 viewschrismakin

" Manager Paul Look looking to sign 2 new keepers this window" TWTD numerous times.

Well, we've all known about it all summer, so if he didn't, where's he been.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 1835 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't think he was made available until recently.

Hladky will be ok, footballers know the score. Its Holy that might be bruised, I'm sure he thought he was going to be sticking around.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:59 - Aug 30 with 1798 viewsSitfcB

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:56 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

" Manager Paul Look looking to sign 2 new keepers this window" TWTD numerous times.

Well, we've all known about it all summer, so if he didn't, where's he been.

A few people giving it the negative spin of ‘already replacing new signings’ ‘doesn’t bode well.’

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:25 - Aug 30 with 1521 viewsRomeo4

Hladky’s a pro. If he’s got anything about him he’ll see this as fair competition and will back himself to nail down the first choice keepers role.

Holy on the other hand must be pretty gutted. I hope he’s got something lined up as he seems a decent chap.
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:30 - Aug 30 with 1498 viewsHerbivore

It seems Cook was likely always keen on Walton given their history and his proven ability at this level. I also wonder though if we'd still have pulled the trigger on signing him if Hladky had looked a competent performer in these early games. If Hladky looked a clear number 1 then Holy as cover is fine, but after the start Hladky has made that must have influenced the decision to go after Walton.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:30 - Aug 30 with 1496 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Has it been confirmed (Phil etc.) that he was a top target?.. or are we making assumptions based on what we think we know as well as wanting to put a more positive spin on it..

Genuine question and apologies if it’s already answered in this thread or story I missed over the summer as we’ve had numerous stories about Siegrist, but can’t remember seeing Walton mentioned even once until this morning
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:45 - Aug 30 with 1407 viewsjayessess

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:59 - Aug 30 by SitfcB

A few people giving it the negative spin of ‘already replacing new signings’ ‘doesn’t bode well.’

We probably aren't "already replacing new signings", but I don't think anyone can pretend Hladky's gone well so far.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:48 - Aug 30 with 1392 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, yes he was.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 14:49 - Aug 30 with 1381 viewspointofblue

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:56 - Aug 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think he was made available until recently.

Hladky will be ok, footballers know the score. Its Holy that might be bruised, I'm sure he thought he was going to be sticking around.

I think he might have known on Saturday - he went around applauding and waving at the crowd; don't think he's done that before. Almost saying goodbye.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:14 - Aug 30 with 1287 viewsWallingford_Boy

Our number one target was a loan?

Doubt it.

RIP Sir Bobby

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:17 - Aug 30 with 1276 viewsRomeo4

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:14 - Aug 30 by Wallingford_Boy

Doubt it.

Sometimes that’s the only way to get players in the door. Especially at L1 level I’d imagine. See also Bonne.
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:21 - Aug 30 with 1255 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:14 - Aug 30 by Wallingford_Boy

Doubt it.

A loan that should we be promoted, likely be turned into a prem signing.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:29 - Aug 30 with 1222 viewsDarth_Koont

Not so sure.

Think that Walton is a response to Hladky not slotting in and being the player he was in the SPL and Salford. Unfortunately, with a poor start we now need a quick turnaround in our fortunes for the sake of the whole project.

No reason why Hladky can’t eventually be a solid keeper at this level – and I think him and Holy as a decent enough reserve have been unfortunate – but we can’t afford to mess around now. So hopefully a bigger and higher-rated keeper settles us and the defence ahead of him.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:29 - Aug 30 with 1218 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

So Brighton, with an 'excess' of keepers decide to hang onto the one they want to go decide to leave it to almost the last minute

Thereby ensuring they pay his wages for two months, and risk a possible injury that would likely mean him having to stay until the next window, at least .......sure.

Whereas it rather smacks of the club having to rethink their plans based on Hladskys inept performances - with their being no time for in depth recruitment analysis, just another one from Cooks past.
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:11 - Aug 30 with 1125 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 15:29 - Aug 30 by HARRY10

eh ?

So Brighton, with an 'excess' of keepers decide to hang onto the one they want to go decide to leave it to almost the last minute

Thereby ensuring they pay his wages for two months, and risk a possible injury that would likely mean him having to stay until the next window, at least .......sure.

Whereas it rather smacks of the club having to rethink their plans based on Hladskys inept performances - with their being no time for in depth recruitment analysis, just another one from Cooks past.

Oh Harry

It's a keeper holding out as long as possible for a Champ move which didn't come, hence late in the window he's now willing to drop down a league.

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:28 - Aug 30 with 1078 viewsHARRY10

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:11 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Oh Harry

It's a keeper holding out as long as possible for a Champ move which didn't come, hence late in the window he's now willing to drop down a league.

so he decides how long he stays at Brighton ?

yeh, sure ?
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:29 - Aug 30 with 1071 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:28 - Aug 30 by HARRY10

so he decides how long he stays at Brighton ?

yeh, sure ?

Well yeah he's under contract and can decide if he wants to move or not when asked.

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:38 - Aug 30 with 1040 viewsHARRY10

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:29 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Well yeah he's under contract and can decide if he wants to move or not when asked.

A contract that would stipulate that the club decides such matters, otherwise players could simply sit tight

and why would he be hanging on for a Championship club

better wages ?
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:43 - Aug 30 with 1027 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:38 - Aug 30 by HARRY10

A contract that would stipulate that the club decides such matters, otherwise players could simply sit tight

better wages ?

"A contract that would stipulate that the club decides such matters, otherwise players could simply sit tight"

With respect i've no idea what you think is in contracts, it certainly isnt that. Players do sit tight if they don't to leave and don't want to accept another clubs terms.

He played 46 games for Blackburn in the champ in 19/20 and has plenty of experience, it's not suprising he wanted a champ club.

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:51 - Aug 30 with 1004 viewsHerbivore

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:38 - Aug 30 by HARRY10

better wages ?

For a change, chrismakin is right. Players aren't slaves, if they are under contract and don't want to move they can choose not to move.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:52 - Aug 30 with 997 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:51 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

For a change, chrismakin is right. Players aren't slaves, if they are under contract and don't want to move they can choose not to move.

I appreciate that must have been difficult for you to type

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 17:15 - Aug 30 with 930 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

better wages ?

Haha what? Clubs can’t just send a player somewhere without the player agreeing, quite clearly

Clueless as ever

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 17:17 - Aug 30 with 922 viewsHARRY10

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 16:43 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

"A contract that would stipulate that the club decides such matters, otherwise players could simply sit tight"

With respect i've no idea what you think is in contracts, it certainly isnt that. Players do sit tight if they don't to leave and don't want to accept another clubs terms.

He played 46 games for Blackburn in the champ in 19/20 and has plenty of experience, it's not suprising he wanted a champ club.

It is NOT about another clubs terms, as it is a loan - therefore Walton's contract remains with Brighton, as is our contract with Brighton, not Walton.

As to who decides then that is something I can confirm with some background knowledge having a young relative of a friend who went out on loan, with said friend telling me that the player had no say in the matter.

And it is absurd to think that we would have left it this late to sign the supposed main keeper, if he was the main target.

What would have happened had Walton found his much sought after Championship club a day or so ago ?

Would not this possibility have crossed our mind, with Walton informing us he was waiting for a better club - where would that leave us, scrabbling around to find another keeper with only a couple of days left ?

If Morsy does not sign, there are still other players who can be picked - that doesn't work with a keeper.
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 17:18 - Aug 30 with 913 viewsHighgateBlue

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 12:59 - Aug 30 by SitfcB

Even if we are replacing new signings, if it's the right call, it's the right call. Everyone makes mistakes. If Walton comes in and improves the side, then Cook will have rectified one of his mistakes.
I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 17:21 - Aug 30 with 895 viewschrismakin

I think Walton must’ve been the number 1 target all along? on 17:17 - Aug 30 by HARRY10

It is NOT about another clubs terms, as it is a loan - therefore Walton's contract remains with Brighton, as is our contract with Brighton, not Walton.

As to who decides then that is something I can confirm with some background knowledge having a young relative of a friend who went out on loan, with said friend telling me that the player had no say in the matter.

And it is absurd to think that we would have left it this late to sign the supposed main keeper, if he was the main target.

What would have happened had Walton found his much sought after Championship club a day or so ago ?

Would not this possibility have crossed our mind, with Walton informing us he was waiting for a better club - where would that leave us, scrabbling around to find another keeper with only a couple of days left ?

If Morsy does not sign, there are still other players who can be picked - that doesn't work with a keeper.

"As to who decides then that is something I can confirm with some background knowledge having a young relative of a friend who went out on loan, with said friend telling me that the player had no say in the matter."

Sorry but your friend is wrong.

"What would have happened had Walton found his much sought after Championship club a day or so ago ?"

Then we prob would have carried on with the 2 keepers we have currently, unless there was another target of course.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024