Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Tim Paine then 08:31 - Nov 19 with 3609 viewsSteve_M

Looks like CA covered up his dodgy texts and have only acted because it made the media.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tim-paine-quits-as-australia-captain-after-se

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, Tim Paine then on 08:34 - Nov 19 with 2475 viewsJakeITFC

Hopefully this Ashes series we’ll be the last we see of him, odious man.
So, Tim Paine then on 08:38 - Nov 19 with 2458 viewsIpswichKnight

What odds on Root joining him in the wilderness? Root best friend and former flat mate is the charming multicultural champion Gary Ballance.
So, Tim Paine then on 08:40 - Nov 19 with 2436 viewsBiGDonnie

Cheating scumbag!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So, Tim Paine then on 08:47 - Nov 19 with 2404 viewsChrisd

Cricket is certainly not in a good place at the moment. Regarding Paine's situation, wasn't this dealt with at the time? If so, why is it resurfacing now, 4 years down the line?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 8:49]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So, Tim Paine then on 08:47 - Nov 19 with 2390 viewswaspsforever1

Aussies and budgies I just dislike them
So, Tim Paine then on 08:51 - Nov 19 with 2367 viewsjimsymBLUE

So, Tim Paine then on 08:47 - Nov 19 by Chrisd

Cricket is certainly not in a good place at the moment. Regarding Paine's situation, wasn't this dealt with at the time? If so, why is it resurfacing now, 4 years down the line?

Because it's come into the public domain. CA knowing about this but still believing he was the man to bring a bit of dignity to the test side after sandpapergate is quite staggering in its incompetence.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

So, Tim Paine then on 08:56 - Nov 19 with 2332 viewsNthQldITFC

So, Tim Paine then on 08:47 - Nov 19 by waspsforever1

Aussies and budgies I just dislike them

You can add fkn daffodils to that list as well - F#(&*NG B@$?@%DS !!!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So, Tim Paine then on 08:59 - Nov 19 with 2308 viewsZx1988

Because it's now politically expedient for whoever has been privy to this information to bring it into the public domain, perhaps to add a bit of 'whataboutery' to the scrutiny that certain English cricket institutions are currently under.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

So, Tim Paine then on 09:00 - Nov 19 with 2307 viewsWD19

Leaked by Steve Smiths mate then.

I say mate.....because the chances of there being more than one are slim.....
So, Tim Paine then on 09:03 - Nov 19 with 2267 viewsFtnfwest

If this gets more widely into football (scrutinizing of historic texts and tweets about anything) it'll be never ending.
So, Tim Paine then on 09:06 - Nov 19 with 2244 viewsGuthrum

So, Tim Paine then on 09:00 - Nov 19 by WD19

Leaked by Steve Smiths mate then.

I say mate.....because the chances of there being more than one are slim.....

I doubt Smith will get the captaincy back this soon. More likely to go to Cummins (tho it is unusual to have a bowler in charge).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Tim Paine then on 09:10 - Nov 19 with 2211 viewsWhos_blue

So, Tim Paine then on 08:38 - Nov 19 by IpswichKnight

What odds on Root joining him in the wilderness? Root best friend and former flat mate is the charming multicultural champion Gary Ballance.

I'm not so sure.
Azeem Rafiq seemed quite supportive of Joe Root in his testimony. He mentioned he was probably blind to what was going on, but didn't suggest anything untoward was said.
What we can be certain of though is that there will be editors across the country instructing journos to scour ancient social media posts looking for evidence of wrongdoing. I think there will be some frantic deleting going on across the cricket world right now.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

So, Tim Paine then on 09:12 - Nov 19 with 2185 viewsSuffolktractor

So, Tim Paine then on 09:06 - Nov 19 by Guthrum

I doubt Smith will get the captaincy back this soon. More likely to go to Cummins (tho it is unusual to have a bowler in charge).

Bob Willis springs to mind, can’t think of any others
So, Tim Paine then on 09:16 - Nov 19 with 2164 viewsStokieBlue

I see Hales also went a bit Norwood back in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59344022

I guess it's going to be a stream of these reports for the next few months.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, Tim Paine then on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 2112 viewsgiant_stow

Assuming it was a dick pic, I was just wondering if sending one of these has ever had the desired effect for any many ever? They're a completely alien concept to me, but then I predate mobiles.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So, Tim Paine then on 09:24 - Nov 19 with 2092 viewsGuthrum

So, Tim Paine then on 09:03 - Nov 19 by Ftnfwest

If this gets more widely into football (scrutinizing of historic texts and tweets about anything) it'll be never ending.

I think it will go on for a long time, because these casual bigotries (race, culture, religion, sex, sexuality) are deeply rooted in the macho "banter" culture of sport in general - and, indeed, wider society. People feel it's almost necessary to play along (or fail to challenge*), in order to be part of the group.

Until society has grown out of that (and politicians/media outlets encouraging it for their own benefit), there is always going to be a residue of these things emerging.

* Was once in that position myself. I felt very uncomfortable but, to my eternal shame, did nothing about it. Edit: That was in a cricketing context, too.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 9:30]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Tim Paine then on 09:32 - Nov 19 with 2033 viewschicoazul

In sports dominated by public schoolboys, yes. In trad working class sports like football and boxing I doubt it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, Tim Paine then on 09:45 - Nov 19 with 1961 viewsRadlett_blue

So, Tim Paine then on 09:12 - Nov 19 by Suffolktractor

Bob Willis springs to mind, can’t think of any others

Imran Khan, Ray Illingworth, Kapil Dev.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So, Tim Paine then on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 1968 viewsLord_Lucan

Mother is very nervous.

At Jubilee year in 1977 she helped 11 year old Lucan black up for a "Fun Day Cricket match" in honour of my batting hero Clive Lloyd

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So, Tim Paine then on 09:50 - Nov 19 with 1942 viewsDigger77

So, Tim Paine then on 09:46 - Nov 19 by Lord_Lucan

Mother is very nervous.

At Jubilee year in 1977 she helped 11 year old Lucan black up for a "Fun Day Cricket match" in honour of my batting hero Clive Lloyd

You're cancelled.
So, Tim Paine then on 10:06 - Nov 19 with 1871 viewsFtnfwest

So, Tim Paine then on 09:46 - Nov 19 by Lord_Lucan

Mother is very nervous.

then there's all the suzi quattro texts... (in later years of course)
So, Tim Paine then on 10:14 - Nov 19 with 1819 viewsSuffolktractor

So, Tim Paine then on 09:45 - Nov 19 by Radlett_blue

Imran Khan, Ray Illingworth, Kapil Dev.

Fair point, but weren’t all 3 of them pretty tidy with a bat as well?
So, Tim Paine then on 10:16 - Nov 19 with 1817 viewsusm

So, Tim Paine then on 09:24 - Nov 19 by Guthrum

I think it will go on for a long time, because these casual bigotries (race, culture, religion, sex, sexuality) are deeply rooted in the macho "banter" culture of sport in general - and, indeed, wider society. People feel it's almost necessary to play along (or fail to challenge*), in order to be part of the group.

Until society has grown out of that (and politicians/media outlets encouraging it for their own benefit), there is always going to be a residue of these things emerging.

* Was once in that position myself. I felt very uncomfortable but, to my eternal shame, did nothing about it. Edit: That was in a cricketing context, too.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 9:30]

Spot on, Guthers, as usual.
If you look hard enough you'll find historical bigotry of some kind in most of us.
Its there, whether we like to admit it or not and indeed much of it will have been forgotten.
Bit like smoking indoors now or not wearing a seat belt. Almost unthinkable now, but common place back in the day.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

So, Tim Paine then on 11:08 - Nov 19 with 1707 viewsSaleAway

So, Tim Paine then on 08:51 - Nov 19 by jimsymBLUE

Because it's come into the public domain. CA knowing about this but still believing he was the man to bring a bit of dignity to the test side after sandpapergate is quite staggering in its incompetence.

I'd say that those that appointed him also need to stand down, if this is genuinely thought of to be a resignation matter.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

So, Tim Paine then on 12:02 - Nov 19 with 1610 viewsRadlett_blue

So, Tim Paine then on 10:14 - Nov 19 by Suffolktractor

Fair point, but weren’t all 3 of them pretty tidy with a bat as well?

Yes, they could all bat, but the argument generally used is that a front line bowler often doesn't make a great captain as he often over or under-bowls himself, while focusing on your bowling plus the captaincy is hard.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024