Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? 12:24 - Dec 20 with 4826 viewsitfcjoe

This lockdown by stealth is just killing them as it is.

Spoken to a few publicans this morning, and they are tearing their hair out - they all expect it to be shut down with an announcement today - but if it isn't they are being killed by directives telling people not to go, but not getting any support.

I was at a Xmas do at Milsoms on Friday, there was due to be 200 there but ended up as 80 - I'm not sure what refund policy was but the industry is absolutely on it's knees at the moment.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:33 - Dec 20 with 2643 viewsStokieBlue

I think there is a high chance of inside hospitality being closed even from tomorrow but almost certainly from the 27th.

Guess we will find out after the meeting at 2pm.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:33 - Dec 20 with 2632 viewsGuthrum

They'll probably wait until after Christmas, to make it look a bit better. Question is really what support they'll bring in. Will they use outdoor dining (in December/January!) as an excuse not to?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:34 - Dec 20 with 2622 viewsMullet

I’m expecting everything shut again the longer it goes on. They’ll probably make announcement as late as possible.

We cancelled our Xmas do as people didn’t want to ruin Xmas. The high street was dead today but it is monday morning I had my booster before my slot as it was so quiet.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:40 - Dec 20 with 2555 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:33 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

I think there is a high chance of inside hospitality being closed even from tomorrow but almost certainly from the 27th.

Guess we will find out after the meeting at 2pm.

SB

I think they'll restrict hospitality but let people make their own mind up re mixing with others outside of that. I can't see how they can try to enforce anything relating to the latter and lots of otherwise very compliant people would potentially ignore it.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:42 - Dec 20 with 2513 viewsOsborneOneNil

Two good friends of mine have 2 restaurants here in Weymouth, we had our works doo at one last Thursday.

They'd had 4 cancellations as of last Thursday that was worth £15,000 + to them. Nothing they can do. More have cancelled since.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:43 - Dec 20 with 2505 viewsgiant_stow

Someone I know who owns a bar restaurant lost 90% of business last weeks so shut the place down on Saturday. He loses less money with it shut than open.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:43 - Dec 20 with 2500 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wouldn't at all be surprised. Things are slowly being taken out of their hands in any case as places shut due to staff shortages. They'll continue to prevaricate, but ultimately will probably end up doing something too little, too late which causes thousands of unnecessary deaths. Again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:48 - Dec 20 with 2424 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't be surprised if tougher measures will come in from next Monday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:48 - Dec 20 with 2423 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:43 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

I wouldn't at all be surprised. Things are slowly being taken out of their hands in any case as places shut due to staff shortages. They'll continue to prevaricate, but ultimately will probably end up doing something too little, too late which causes thousands of unnecessary deaths. Again.

But people are choosing to mix knowing the potential consequences. That isn't on the government necessarily alone is it? If you don't want to catch (or spread) the thing now then quite simply don't go out. If you trust the vaccine and you're somehow only mixing with those that also trust the vaccine then do.

But I do agree that clarity is needed for businesses.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:50 - Dec 20 with 2373 viewsgtsb1966

According to some news sources they are talking about pubs and restaurants closing early again. I still can't see the logic in that.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:53 - Dec 20 with 2335 viewsJackSted

Reports suggesting there'll be a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas:

- Indoor mixing banned
- Pubs and restaurants outdoors only
- Rule of 6 outdoors to return
- Schools and shops to remain open

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:57 - Dec 20 with 2277 viewsStokieBlue

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:40 - Dec 20 by PrideOfTheEast

I think they'll restrict hospitality but let people make their own mind up re mixing with others outside of that. I can't see how they can try to enforce anything relating to the latter and lots of otherwise very compliant people would potentially ignore it.

You think some people would ignore it before Christmas, after Christmas or both?

SB

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 2242 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:57 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

You think some people would ignore it before Christmas, after Christmas or both?

SB

Well obviously some people would ignore it regardless.

I think plenty would ignore it if it was imposed to stop mixing in a house on 24, 25 and 26 Dec. Less so if it was introduced from the 27th.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:12 - Dec 20 with 2125 viewsStewart27

I fear this.

It’s incredibly unfair. Hospitality bears the brunt of these restrictions every time and ends up running businesses into the ground. Whether that being loss of increase or the ridiculous measures they have to put in place in order for them to re-open.

People choose to go to the pub, social event, a football match or any live event. Nobody makes you. If people have had their jabs and trust their effectiveness then let people carry on. If people are unsure then they can stay away.

They should be focussing on the places with the highest infection rates. Care homes and hospitals. And also supermarkets. People have to shop for food and basic goods, but the supermarkets are not well managed at all and the allowance of panic buying was absolutely absurd. Poor old Doris needs some milk, so they should be providing her with the safest possible environment to do this. If Dagenham Dave fancies a pint then it’s up to him.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:15 - Dec 20 with 2072 viewsElderGrizzly

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:34 - Dec 20 by Mullet

I’m expecting everything shut again the longer it goes on. They’ll probably make announcement as late as possible.

We cancelled our Xmas do as people didn’t want to ruin Xmas. The high street was dead today but it is monday morning I had my booster before my slot as it was so quiet.

This might be why your booster centre was quiet

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:19 - Dec 20 with 2014 viewsHipsterectomy

pubs and restaurants will have bought in the food for Christmas, I can't see them being closed until after it

I saw Isaacs were selling NYE tickets yesterday which was...hopeful

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:20 - Dec 20 with 1999 viewsMookamoo

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:12 - Dec 20 by Stewart27

I fear this.

It’s incredibly unfair. Hospitality bears the brunt of these restrictions every time and ends up running businesses into the ground. Whether that being loss of increase or the ridiculous measures they have to put in place in order for them to re-open.

People choose to go to the pub, social event, a football match or any live event. Nobody makes you. If people have had their jabs and trust their effectiveness then let people carry on. If people are unsure then they can stay away.

They should be focussing on the places with the highest infection rates. Care homes and hospitals. And also supermarkets. People have to shop for food and basic goods, but the supermarkets are not well managed at all and the allowance of panic buying was absolutely absurd. Poor old Doris needs some milk, so they should be providing her with the safest possible environment to do this. If Dagenham Dave fancies a pint then it’s up to him.

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. How do you make supermarkets safer?
Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 20 with 1921 viewsBloots

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:20 - Dec 20 by Mookamoo

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. How do you make supermarkets safer?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:23 - Dec 20 with 1915 viewsRadlett_blue

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:53 - Dec 20 by JackSted

Reports suggesting there'll be a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas:

- Indoor mixing banned
- Pubs and restaurants outdoors only
- Rule of 6 outdoors to return
- Schools and shops to remain open

Pubs & restaurants outside only - that's going to work well in December & January. Looks like a clever way of trying to let these businesses stay open so they don't have to subsidise them.
Rule of 6 outdoors - near pointless.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 20 with 1896 viewsStokieBlue

Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 20 by Bloots

Like this?

SB

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:30 - Dec 20 with 1815 viewsCaptainAhab

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:15 - Dec 20 by ElderGrizzly

This might be why your booster centre was quiet

Absolute c units. If they want to avoid the jab themselves that's one thing (a foolish, selfish thing), but to prevent others from getting the jab is crossing the line. Utter asshats.
How did GB news report it I wonder? Gleefully?
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:35 - Dec 20 with 1758 viewsMullet

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:30 - Dec 20 by CaptainAhab

Absolute c units. If they want to avoid the jab themselves that's one thing (a foolish, selfish thing), but to prevent others from getting the jab is crossing the line. Utter asshats.
How did GB news report it I wonder? Gleefully?

£10k fine per missed appointment would be about right

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 20 with 1746 viewsGuthrum

Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Like this?

SB

Altho Norman Tebbitt is now retired.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I live in Essex.... on 13:37 - Dec 20 with 1731 viewsBloots

Robotic security guards armed with laser guns? (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Like this?

SB

....we've already got them.

I was thinking more of a Robocop type character.

More mobile than a Dalek.

Shoot to kill if you aren't wearing a mask (or if you have more than 10 items in the fast track queue), no questions asked.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:37 - Dec 20 with 1727 viewsJ2BLUE

I said a while back it will be announced on Christmas Eve and come into force on Boxing Day.

No inside info, just a complete lack of faith in the shambles of a government to act until it's too late.

One day, Chris Whitty will likely write a book and it will make for incredible reading.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024