Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… 22:23 - Jan 25 with 5502 viewsStudentBlue

McKenna just confirmed on Radio Suffolk that it wasn’t his decision to recall Simpson.

What a poor decision and just shows that he has no say on transfers.

Ashton out

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 4686 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Miserable so and so.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 4689 viewstonybied

Shall we wait to see what the plan is for him before we start to lose our heads?
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:25 - Jan 25 with 4689 viewsSwailsey

Jokes aside, I wonder what that meant and why we had to recall him to sort ‘contractual issues”.

He spoke very highly of him though. Weird!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:26 - Jan 25 with 4581 viewsTomTheWriter

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:25 - Jan 25 by Swailsey

Jokes aside, I wonder what that meant and why we had to recall him to sort ‘contractual issues”.

He’s got six months left on his deal with a reported year extension option. If I’m Ashton, I’m looking at putting at least three or four years down on the table for Tyreece. Get that done, then send him to a bottom half L1 side

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 4501 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:25 - Jan 25 by Swailsey

So it seems there were problems with Swindon paying?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 4472 viewsle2blue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:26 - Jan 25 by TomTheWriter

He’s got six months left on his deal with a reported year extension option. If I’m Ashton, I’m looking at putting at least three or four years down on the table for Tyreece. Get that done, then send him to a bottom half L1 side

He’s been offered new terms and is refusing to sign, hence why he’s been called back…likely to be sold if they can’t get to an agreement.
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:30 - Jan 25 with 4272 viewsxrayspecs

Simpson is not part of the first team squad, so why would this be a McKenna decision?
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:31 - Jan 25 with 4185 viewsclive_baker

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:27 - Jan 25 by le2blue

He’s been offered new terms and is refusing to sign, hence why he’s been called back…likely to be sold if they can’t get to an agreement.

Doesn't he have a 1 year extension clause that we can trigger?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:42 - Jan 25 with 3862 viewsSwansea_Blue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:30 - Jan 25 by xrayspecs

Simpson is not part of the first team squad, so why would this be a McKenna decision?

Some people don’t care whether it shouldn’t be his decision, just that it wasn’t. Like amputees grabbing at straws in the dark, just to invent a stick to beat Ashton with.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:44 - Jan 25 with 3803 viewsSwailsey

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:42 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

Some people don’t care whether it shouldn’t be his decision, just that it wasn’t. Like amputees grabbing at straws in the dark, just to invent a stick to beat Ashton with.

The OP was joking weren’t they?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:51 - Jan 25 with 3556 viewsRomeo4

Quite happy for the manager not getting involved in the business side of the players contracts. Especially those who are not in the current 1st team picture. Let him concentrate on getting results on the pitch.
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:52 - Jan 25 with 3511 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Just how desperate are you to dredge up something negative that you post this right after a win lmao
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:54 - Jan 25 with 3453 viewsitfcsuth

That’s the job of Ashton is it not?

He needs to handle to contractual/business side of the squad, to look after the best interests of Ipswich Town first and foremost.

I’m sure the objective is to tie him down to a long term deal, or sell him whilst his stock is high.

We’ve cried out for professionals in different departments of the club, we have a CEO to look after and control the business side of the club and you’re complaining about it?
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:02 - Jan 25 with 3289 viewsGlasgowBlue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:54 - Jan 25 by itfcsuth

That’s the job of Ashton is it not?

He needs to handle to contractual/business side of the squad, to look after the best interests of Ipswich Town first and foremost.

I’m sure the objective is to tie him down to a long term deal, or sell him whilst his stock is high.

We’ve cried out for professionals in different departments of the club, we have a CEO to look after and control the business side of the club and you’re complaining about it?

I think a lot of our fans are struggling with having a competent CEO who looks after off field issues and let’s the head coach/manager concentrate in getting the team performing on the pitch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:19 - Jan 25 with 3072 viewsBlueBadger

Presumably, you're a student at the University of Life?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:57 - Jan 25 with 2841 viewsChurchman

I’ve read the news post on what KM re Simpson said and it makes perfect sense to me.

Regarding KM, I really like how carefully he chooses his words. No emotive stuff, no wasted waffle or giving too much away. He’s very precise. I know this is old fashioned, but I like that he is always smartly turned out. No coffee cups slopping or dirty t shirt. He’s every inch the modern professional.

This makes me sound like a groupee. I’m of course not. I just think he’s made an excellent start on and off the field. Long May it continue
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:59 - Jan 25 with 2808 viewsEastTownBlue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:02 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

I think a lot of our fans are struggling with having a competent CEO who looks after off field issues and let’s the head coach/manager concentrate in getting the team performing on the pitch.

Yes, despite whatever is said by supporters from other clubs, a CEO who has experience in the game.
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 08:42 - Jan 26 with 1969 viewswkj

What if, and I know this is crazy, the youth development team got together and thought... hmmm, a youth player who we're developing needs to be playing at a different level - and then in line with their role at the club, made the decision.

Hardly a first-team manager decision in the slightest way.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 08:43 - Jan 26 with 1950 viewsJ2BLUE

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 23:02 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

Nah, would be much better to hand everything over to another Keane, Hurst or Lambert.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 08:44 - Jan 26 with 1949 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:27 - Jan 25 by le2blue

Is he actually refusing to sign? Haven't seen this anywhere
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 08:59 - Jan 26 with 1870 viewsWickets

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:27 - Jan 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

So it seems there were problems with Swindon paying?

I was told that but dont know if true but they do have form for it prior to recent takeover ! think thats accurate .
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 09:38 - Jan 26 with 1719 viewsIpswichKnight

Someone didn’t listen to the comments, brought back to sort out a contractual issue. I admit I thought he was back to be cover incase we lost both Piggy and Jackson and had no replacement which would have made sense.

It is refreshing to have a competent CEO who can make decisions without waiting for the owner to rock up for his 3 days a month.
Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 09:41 - Jan 26 with 1688 viewshype313

You were probably one of the posters moaning when we let a plethora of players contracts run down to lose them for nothing i.e McGoldrick.

So be happy that we have a handle of every players contract situation and making sure, we as a club, don't get screwed over.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 09:50 - Jan 26 with 1620 viewsRadlett_blue

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 08:42 - Jan 26 by wkj

What if, and I know this is crazy, the youth development team got together and thought... hmmm, a youth player who we're developing needs to be playing at a different level - and then in line with their role at the club, made the decision.

Hardly a first-team manager decision in the slightest way.

Only an issue if putting Simpson in the first team squad is being considered & it sounds like it isn't so no real need for McKenna to get involved. From his comments, it looks like Simpson will be returning to Swindon or going out on loan somewhere else. He may not want to sign a new Town contract, which is understandable if he isn't going to get game time & is going to be loaned out to various clubs. If that's the case, Town will exercise their 1 year option & then probably sell Simpson.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 09:51 - Jan 26 with 1603 viewsJ2BLUE

Simpson wasn’t recalled by McKenna… on 22:24 - Jan 25 by tonybied

Shall we wait to see what the plan is for him before we start to lose our heads?

This.

If he doesn't want to sign a new deal and we don't have an option then this is the right choice.

If there is some other plan lets wait and see what it is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024