Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) 15:41 - Feb 3 with 1846 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:45 - Feb 3 with 1826 viewsFrimleyBlue

I see it more

Thompson. Penney. Kvy. Clements.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:50 - Feb 3 with 1807 viewsSteve_M

Not sure, KVY is as good on the left as the right. Having him and Jackson not being quite comfortable going outside their man at Wimbledon was quite obvious.

I can see KVY playing some games ahead of Burns at RWB.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:51 - Feb 3 with 1803 viewsKieran_Knows

Thompson
Penney

The end.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:52 - Feb 3 with 1797 viewsfranz_tyson

1. Thompson (need to give him a chance)

2. Penney

3. KVY (doesn’t seem comfortable on the left)

4. Edwards ( if the attacking side of the game outweighs the defensive side like Burns, maybe give him a shot)

Clements is on loan.
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 1756 viewsxrayspecs

Thomson by a country mile first choice. When he is on the ball, you can see he is always trying to move the ball forward into midfield, it is what better players/teams do (Bakinson is similar in this regard).

As he gets match fit (remember how Aluko started) and the team get used to playing with a better quality full back, we will really start to see his value. Really good signing.
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:24 - Feb 3 with 1733 viewsScuzzer

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:50 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

Not sure, KVY is as good on the left as the right. Having him and Jackson not being quite comfortable going outside their man at Wimbledon was quite obvious.

KVY is miles better on the right.

Established 1968

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 1720 viewsFrimleyBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:24 - Feb 3 by Scuzzer

KVY is miles better on the right.

Was.

He really really needs a run of games. He's gone from a potential top end champ fullback to a league 1/league 2 fullback since his injuries. Shadow of the player we signed.

Waka waka eh eh

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:34 - Feb 3 with 1707 viewsclive_baker

Thompson's come here to play, I'm sure. I wouldn't think KM is overly convinced by Kane, he's not set the world alight of late. So switch 1 and 2 and that's about right. Really underwhelmed with Penney this season, can see why Sheff Weds got rid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:43 - Feb 3 with 1686 viewsElderGrizzly

KVY isn't even our best option on the right, let alone the left
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 17:04 - Feb 3 with 1653 viewsjayessess

You're basing Thompson's position in this pecking order on... one match, 2 days after signing for us, in a difficult away game, in which 9 other players were just as bad?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:12 - Feb 4 with 1505 viewsGarv

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 16:28 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Was.

He really really needs a run of games. He's gone from a potential top end champ fullback to a league 1/league 2 fullback since his injuries. Shadow of the player we signed.

Bit over the top to suggest he was going towards being a top end champ full back, no?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:18 - Feb 4 with 1492 viewsGlasgowBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:45 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

I see it more

Thompson. Penney. Kvy. Clements.

Agree. Although I see KVY more as the number 2 to Wes Burns.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 4 with 1492 viewsDubtractor

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:12 - Feb 4 by Garv

Bit over the top to suggest he was going towards being a top end champ full back, no?

I don't think we've had a player elicit such varying opinions as KVY does for a long while.

One day you read that he's championship standard, one of our best players etc, the next he is shot and can't be relied upon. Not saying it is the same people, but the prevailing view does swing about a bit.

I think his biggest issue, like most players at this level, is consistency. When he is at it he does look an excellent attacking full back, but he is very prone to games where it just all goes wrong. I think it's also fair to say that he has become more inconsistent since his injury troubles.

I've not seen enough of Thompson to have a firm opinion, though he obviously has some pedigree, but I'd pick Burns ahead of him at RWB without a doubt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:07 - Feb 4 with 1443 viewsStadiumofdark

He's played one (tough) game you clown. Thompson will come good. KVY looks clumsy on the left.
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:07 - Feb 4 with 1439 viewsGlasgowBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

I don't think we've had a player elicit such varying opinions as KVY does for a long while.

One day you read that he's championship standard, one of our best players etc, the next he is shot and can't be relied upon. Not saying it is the same people, but the prevailing view does swing about a bit.

I think his biggest issue, like most players at this level, is consistency. When he is at it he does look an excellent attacking full back, but he is very prone to games where it just all goes wrong. I think it's also fair to say that he has become more inconsistent since his injury troubles.

I've not seen enough of Thompson to have a firm opinion, though he obviously has some pedigree, but I'd pick Burns ahead of him at RWB without a doubt.

I love KVY. But he isn’t the same player from the 2019/20 season.

The injury at Accrington seems to have fist him a yard of pace. Also seems a little reluctant to go into hard tackles.

Cook dropping him after a poor showing against Bolton hadn’t helped his confidence. He needs a run if games, which given our rather hopeful challenge fir a top six spot, isn’t going to happen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:19 - Feb 4 with 1413 viewsFrimleyBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 08:12 - Feb 4 by Garv

When he first signed. No I dont think that was OTT, he looked really promising. Pace. Goals. Skill. Defensive side of game was equally as good. But. Then he got injured. Never been the same since.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 9:38]

Waka waka eh eh

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 10:39 - Feb 4 with 1291 viewsGarv

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:07 - Feb 4 by GlasgowBlue

I love KVY. But he isn’t the same player from the 2019/20 season.

The injury at Accrington seems to have fist him a yard of pace. Also seems a little reluctant to go into hard tackles.

Cook dropping him after a poor showing against Bolton hadn’t helped his confidence. He needs a run if games, which given our rather hopeful challenge fir a top six spot, isn’t going to happen.

Don't think Cook could look past JD after he came in and looked so much more solid.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 10:41]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 10:42 - Feb 4 with 1269 viewstextbackup

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 15:50 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

and burns still plays elsewhere in the team, right?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 10:46 - Feb 4 with 1239 viewsMach_foreignBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:19 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

When he first signed. No I dont think that was OTT, he looked really promising. Pace. Goals. Skill. Defensive side of game was equally as good. But. Then he got injured. Never been the same since.

His goal against Tranmere at PR and its manner. That was impressive in particular.
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 4 with 1210 viewsFrimleyBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 10:46 - Feb 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

His goal against Tranmere at PR and its manner. That was impressive in particular.

Was that the cut in from the right take on 3 players, few step overs then left foot bottom corner?

Waka waka eh eh

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 11:04 - Feb 4 with 1202 viewsMach_foreignBlue

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Was that the cut in from the right take on 3 players, few step overs then left foot bottom corner?

Correct.
LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 4 with 1196 viewsSteve_M

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 09:19 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Yes, it was over the top. People ignored any defensive frailties at the time.

And the idea that KVY is never going to be the same player was disproved at Wycombe IMO when he was excellent; he made a slow start to the season but has been much more comfortable recently, even if not consistently good on the ball.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

LWB pecking order 1. KVY 2. Thompson 3. Penney 4. Clements (n/t) on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 1157 viewsSharkey

Promising is the right word. Colchester ‘s best full-back at the time was the right-back, Jackson, (who may be playing tomorrow for Gillingham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024