Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? 13:55 - Apr 26 with 8368 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't seem to be ANY slots available online, so I've asked for a callback to see what my options might be. Suddenly need it for work... and realised my passport expires in 5 months. So close!

Any help gratefully received!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 13:57 - Apr 26 with 5034 viewsSwansea_Blue

There was a thread on here the other day with people reporting they were getting them back within a few days (some a bit longer, maybe 2-3 weeks or so if I remember rightly)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 4991 viewsitfc24

A friend of mine flew to Belfast yesterday to renew at short notice as it was the only office in the UK that had slots available. She only needed the passport for her daughter to go for a weekend to Disney Land. Bat s**t mental if you ask me but there you go.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 4985 viewswkj

Depends on when you need it by. If you are doing a straight renewal (not replacing a lost passport), the turnaround is about 2 weeks at worse right now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:33 - Apr 26 with 4955 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:18 - Apr 26 by wkj

Depends on when you need it by. If you are doing a straight renewal (not replacing a lost passport), the turnaround is about 2 weeks at worse right now.

Don't want to pour cold water on that but there was a big piece in the news today and also a radio phone in where it's taking up to three months. If you had one in two weeks then you are the exception

Also........it seems impossible to get through and it's .13p a minute with calls being dropped after 5 mins.

I think it's a combination of staff shortages, work from home and silly feckers who leave it until the last minute after two years of not travelling.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:38 - Apr 26 with 4944 viewsLord_Lucan

Also - say you need 3 months clear on your passport before you can travel.

This isn't definite info but some bod on the news today was saying

a/ that it's three months left from your return journey (not out)

b/If it expires in 2022 for example It's three clear months from day and month of issue and not the day and month of expiry **********

********I find this bit difficult to believe but it's just a word to the wise.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:58 - Apr 26 with 4911 viewsPinewoodblue

Think passports are now only valid for ten years from date of issue .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 15:25 - Apr 26 with 4865 viewsKeno

got mine really quick to be sure

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/

Marry me dolly and I'll give you a special one to

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 15:35 - Apr 26 with 4851 viewsclive_baker

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:33 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

Don't want to pour cold water on that but there was a big piece in the news today and also a radio phone in where it's taking up to three months. If you had one in two weeks then you are the exception

Also........it seems impossible to get through and it's .13p a minute with calls being dropped after 5 mins.

I think it's a combination of staff shortages, work from home and silly feckers who leave it until the last minute after two years of not travelling.

Yeah, spoken to a few people who are still waiting for their passport despite applying 6+ weeks ago.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 15:46 - Apr 26 with 4840 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 14:38 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

Also - say you need 3 months clear on your passport before you can travel.

This isn't definite info but some bod on the news today was saying

a/ that it's three months left from your return journey (not out)

b/If it expires in 2022 for example It's three clear months from day and month of issue and not the day and month of expiry **********

********I find this bit difficult to believe but it's just a word to the wise.

Apparently South Africa is 6 months clear (where I'm hoping to be). If 3 months is ok then I'll be fine.

The team are flying out 18th May.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:41 - Apr 26 with 4782 viewsLeaky

Did mine today at Peterborough. Was told passport should arrive Thurs. May 3rd. Which is to late for me to go to the Dusseldorf v Damstadt game on the 4th May.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:43 - Apr 26 with 4771 viewsmylittletown

I got one in 5 days by appearing in person at Newport.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:51 - Apr 26 with 4748 viewsdocklandsblue

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 15:35 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

Yeah, spoken to a few people who are still waiting for their passport despite applying 6+ weeks ago.

We've got twins and had to renew... one passport came back after 3 weeks, still waiting on the other, 5 weeks and counting - holiday in 8 weeks. FINGERS CROSSED
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:51 - Apr 26 with 4747 viewsLeaky

The problem is booking a slot as someone else has mention Belfast is the best bet. Peterborough is around 3 weeks & that's for a 1 week turn around.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:32 - Apr 26 with 4700 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:51 - Apr 26 by Leaky

The problem is booking a slot as someone else has mention Belfast is the best bet. Peterborough is around 3 weeks & that's for a 1 week turn around.

London bloke on radio this morning had to go to Cardiff - think he might have got same day, can't remember.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 18:54 - Apr 26 with 4596 viewsmylittletown

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 17:32 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

London bloke on radio this morning had to go to Cardiff - think he might have got same day, can't remember.

Probably Newport. I found them to be vey helpful.
Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 19:01 - Apr 26 with 4588 viewsNthQldITFC

The temporary incumbent of 10 Downing St., SW1A is threatening to privatise the Passport Office, I believe. Just what we fkn need. More of the country's public infrastructure in the hands of his corrupt mates. What we need is a revolution, and then a pragmatic and responsible investment in public infrastructure and basic services with modern management and employee buy in.

Sorry. I realise that's no help.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:29 - Apr 26 with 4532 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:51 - Apr 26 by Leaky

I'd love to book a slot but on the premium service there are no slots, and the 1 week fast track just constantly says, "System busy. Sorry, we're experiencing high demand for this service at the moment and the system is busy. Please try again later."

Woman at the passport office said just keep trying it. Alternatively start a regular application, and then 2 weeks before travelling you can upgrade to fast track.

I would happily travel anywhere if I could get it sorted!

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:32 - Apr 26 with 4518 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 16:41 - Apr 26 by Leaky

Did mine today at Peterborough. Was told passport should arrive Thurs. May 3rd. Which is to late for me to go to the Dusseldorf v Damstadt game on the 4th May.

You got a slot or just rocked up?
I'd go and sit there all day if it worked!

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:39 - Apr 26 with 4507 viewsjeera

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:32 - Apr 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

You got a slot or just rocked up?
I'd go and sit there all day if it worked!

May I ask a stupid question here please?

I'm sure it's been covered but I'm too tired to go through and study the thread.

What's the slot for? If yours is still in date don't you just pop the details in online and press 'go' and some elves sort out the rest in some office somewhere and send it to you thereafter?

You don't need to see anyone in person do you, or do you?

I thought that process was for those whose passports had run out completely or something.

Mine ran out some years ago and I need to sort it out at some point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:43 - Apr 26 with 4511 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:39 - Apr 26 by jeera

May I ask a stupid question here please?

I'm sure it's been covered but I'm too tired to go through and study the thread.

What's the slot for? If yours is still in date don't you just pop the details in online and press 'go' and some elves sort out the rest in some office somewhere and send it to you thereafter?

You don't need to see anyone in person do you, or do you?

I thought that process was for those whose passports had run out completely or something.

Mine ran out some years ago and I need to sort it out at some point.

To fast track you need an appointment at a passport office. You fill in a form online and then have to go there as well.

"just pop the details in online and press 'go' and some elves sort out the rest in some office somewhere and send it to you thereafter?" takes 10 weeks. I need it in 3 weeks.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:47 - Apr 26 with 4494 viewsjeera

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:43 - Apr 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

To fast track you need an appointment at a passport office. You fill in a form online and then have to go there as well.

"just pop the details in online and press 'go' and some elves sort out the rest in some office somewhere and send it to you thereafter?" takes 10 weeks. I need it in 3 weeks.

Crap.

Good luck then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:49 - Apr 26 with 4496 viewsfooters

Maybe your friends in Qatar could help out. They know a thing or two about people trafficking.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:52 - Apr 26 with 4486 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:43 - Apr 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you need it in three weeks Dolly then you are screwed.

The only hope is to get a walk in but be prepared to waste all day and every day on the phone at .13p a minute

Passport office are overrun at the best of times but at present they are under extreme pressure because of work from home, illness and unprepared customers.

Must admit, if I were in your boat I would take a risk and turn up on the doorstep at one of the more remote offices and beg them to do an on the spot. If they turn you away then just get tearful and say that you want to take your bird away to propose to her and you are at your wits end. If that fails then start to shake uncontrollably, a bit of nervous shaking always helps, start from the hands and move up.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 21:06 - Apr 26 with 4455 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 20:52 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

If you need it in three weeks Dolly then you are screwed.

The only hope is to get a walk in but be prepared to waste all day and every day on the phone at .13p a minute

Passport office are overrun at the best of times but at present they are under extreme pressure because of work from home, illness and unprepared customers.

Must admit, if I were in your boat I would take a risk and turn up on the doorstep at one of the more remote offices and beg them to do an on the spot. If they turn you away then just get tearful and say that you want to take your bird away to propose to her and you are at your wits end. If that fails then start to shake uncontrollably, a bit of nervous shaking always helps, start from the hands and move up.

Years ago we sent passports off, to remove a child, they accidentally cancelled my passport. They rang explained what they had done, asked me to send them new photos, 48 hours after photo posted new passport arrived with cheque to cover cost of obtaining photo, had hoped they would extend the expiry date but no such luck.

They can move fast if they want to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 21:11 - Apr 26 with 4439 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had any joy fast tracking a passport renewal lately? on 21:06 - Apr 26 by Pinewoodblue

Years ago we sent passports off, to remove a child, they accidentally cancelled my passport. They rang explained what they had done, asked me to send them new photos, 48 hours after photo posted new passport arrived with cheque to cover cost of obtaining photo, had hoped they would extend the expiry date but no such luck.

They can move fast if they want to.

Yeah but you said - "Years ago"

"Years ago" was different. Two things have changed dramatically.

1/ The seemingly essential need to work with skeleton staff.

2/ The fact that no one takes responsibility of their own life and leaves everything until the last minute.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024