Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) 20:40 - Mar 11 with 7852 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:42 - Mar 11 with 6277 viewsArnieM

Let’s be clear here (we’ve been told) , there’s no pressure on Plymouth by all accounts!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:43 - Mar 11 with 6254 viewsBlueToad

The football isn't played in the forums/message boards.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:46 - Mar 11 with 6207 viewsnorfsufblue

Until Plymouth have less points than us they are still the team to catch!
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:48 - Mar 11 with 6178 viewsjayessess

Plymouth won't need to win any games as hard as the one they had today to make top 2.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:49 - Mar 11 with 6144 viewstractordownsouth

Plymouth are still in the driving seat with their run in but today has been an absolute nightmare for them. I haven’t looked at FiveThirtyEight yet but I reckon they will have knocked their chance of finishing in the top two down by 10 or 15 percent from 70.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:50 - Mar 11 with 6123 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s looking like they could be. I wasn’t sure whether a draw between them both today wouldn’t have been better. We’re obviously chasing Plymouth, but based on recent form both us and Barnsley will be ahead of them battling it out for 2nd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:51 - Mar 11 with 6074 viewsJ2BLUE

Just read they only play one team in top 10 in their remaining games and we have five teams in the top ten.

Plymouth very much in it. If they can get 7 wins it will be difficult.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:52 - Mar 11 with 6084 viewspatrickswell

Barnsley are an addition to the mix, no question. However, looking at the run ins, I think the only thing that will stop Plymouth is likely to be either complacency or extreme nerves. They’re home to Forest Green Rovers next week, which surely offers the chance for them to get back on the winning trail.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 11 with 5940 viewsxrayspecs

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:51 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

Just read they only play one team in top 10 in their remaining games and we have five teams in the top ten.

Plymouth very much in it. If they can get 7 wins it will be difficult.

All bar one of these five teams were below Bolton going into todays game.

Luongo has made a massive difference to our midfield and Clark and Broadhead are massive upgrades. Good to see Hirst score today,will give Fred some really good competition.
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 11 with 5943 viewsArnieM

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:52 - Mar 11 by patrickswell

Barnsley are an addition to the mix, no question. However, looking at the run ins, I think the only thing that will stop Plymouth is likely to be either complacency or extreme nerves. They’re home to Forest Green Rovers next week, which surely offers the chance for them to get back on the winning trail.

I think Exeter away might be interesting . No love lost there .

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 11 with 5938 viewsWacko

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:48 - Mar 11 by jayessess

Plymouth won't need to win any games as hard as the one they had today to make top 2.

Exeter away local derby might beg to differ

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:07 - Mar 11 with 5824 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Plymouth’s run in and home form still makes them slight favorites for second IMO. Remember they lost 5-2 to posh away recently as well and bounced right back with 6 points at home. Barnsley are firmly in the mix now. We probably need to win a minimum of 7 games and not lose at Oakwell to have a chance of second.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 21:09]
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:15 - Mar 11 with 5728 viewsMeltonBlue

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 11 by Wacko

Exeter away local derby might beg to differ

Shrewsbury away also will be a tough one.. I also think Accrington away on a Tuesday night is a horrible one!
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 11 with 5566 viewsArnieM

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:15 - Mar 11 by MeltonBlue

Shrewsbury away also will be a tough one.. I also think Accrington away on a Tuesday night is a horrible one!

It’s their home form that’s kept them in the top two. Phenomenal home form so all credit to them for that. But they don’t travel very well ….

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:28 - Mar 11 with 5542 viewsDinnernotTea

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

It’s their home form that’s kept them in the top two. Phenomenal home form so all credit to them for that. But they don’t travel very well ….

The 2023 table has them in 10th. Shrewsbury in 4th which shocked me then made me nervous for Saturday!

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:31 - Mar 11 with 5503 viewsjayessess

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

They travel... OK... 4th best away record in the division (but that's only 1.38 ppg though).

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:40 - Mar 11 with 5403 viewsclive_baker

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 20:49 - Mar 11 by tractordownsouth

Plymouth are still in the driving seat with their run in but today has been an absolute nightmare for them. I haven’t looked at FiveThirtyEight yet but I reckon they will have knocked their chance of finishing in the top two down by 10 or 15 percent from 70.

I don’t think their run in is as straight forward as some are making out. 4 of their next 6 are away in the league, including some long trips and a local derby. They’ve also got the distraction of a Wembley visit for the pizza cup. We’ve got some really tough games for sure, but Plymouth will drop points. They’ll do very well to win 7/10 IM0. If we win 8 from 10 I think it’ll would enough for 2nd. Now that won’t be easy by any stretch, but I would be amazed if 96 points wasn’t enough for automatics.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:40 - Mar 11 with 5402 viewsDaninthecampo

Barnsley have Wycombe away then Wednesday at home before us, 3 tough games. Plymouth are still our biggest rivals but I'm convinced we'll get 2nd
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:40 - Mar 11 with 5397 viewsvilanovablue

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:31 - Mar 11 by jayessess

They travel... OK... 4th best away record in the division (but that's only 1.38 ppg though).

The last 2 away games haven't been great. It's in their hands but...
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:47 - Mar 11 with 5289 viewsjayessess

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 21:40 - Mar 11 by vilanovablue

The last 2 away games haven't been great. It's in their hands but...

As we've seen December-January, there aren't many easy away games in this division

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 22:14 - Mar 11 with 5074 viewsiamatractorboy

I would still expect Plymouth to win their remaining 5 home games, but they could easily drop 8 or 9 points away. That would leave us needing to drop no more than 6 or 7 points, and relying on Barnsley dropping at least as many. I do think Barnsley are the bigger worry but I can see a three way shoot out on the final day as a possibility.
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 5045 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 22:14 - Mar 11 by iamatractorboy

I would still expect Plymouth to win their remaining 5 home games, but they could easily drop 8 or 9 points away. That would leave us needing to drop no more than 6 or 7 points, and relying on Barnsley dropping at least as many. I do think Barnsley are the bigger worry but I can see a three way shoot out on the final day as a possibility.

There's a little bit of me that thinks we may regret that Barnsley win today for all we were hoping it would happen!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 22:28 - Mar 11 with 4952 viewsjayessess

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 22:17 - Mar 11 by gainsboroughblue

There's a little bit of me that thinks we may regret that Barnsley win today for all we were hoping it would happen!

They've got to sustain better form than we do over 12 games rather 10, from a relatively attritional run-in.

They're also basically scoring from every shot they take at the moment, which, they aren't going to sustain for a whole quarter of their season.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2023 16:49]

Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 07:44 - Mar 12 with 3828 viewsSawtrich

Plymouth have lost their last two away games 5-2 and 3-0. We've lost four games all season, all by the odd goal. I'd be worried if I was them. It is all down to how the teams handle the pressure of the run in.
Is it now Barnsley as our rivals? Plymouth message board are in melt down (n/t) on 08:16 - Mar 12 with 3578 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Plymouth fans on PASOTI seem to be terrified of playing away from Home Park. Ask yourself "would I swap places now with Plymouth, including the form?" for me that is a definite no. We are 2 points behind but playing superb, winning football. We're not afraid of away games.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024