Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our last 31 league games reads as... 11:17 - Nov 14 with 2803 viewsN2_Blue

Won 25
Drawn 5
Lost 1
For 81
Against 25
GD +56
PPG 2.58

Utterly insane.

Everyone knows this and i'm sure similar is posted after each game this season but I just can't get over how incredible this in. Teams don't ever generally have runs like this in English professional football due to its competitiveness.

I doubt many, if any, of us will see this from Town again in our lifetimes, especially as I hope we never drop anywhere near the depths of L1 again.

Will be very interesting to see what the 46 game record reads in 15 games time.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:20 - Nov 14 with 2756 viewsBlueRaider

If the PPG is still the same we would be on 77 points from 31 games, and pretty much up !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:23 - Nov 14 with 2752 viewsSteve_M

It is incredible and, therefore, when we do revert to something a bit more normal then fans need to realise it isn't a disaster. Most do but obviously there will be exceptions.

Also, what sort of points tally would that achieve over a season? It's essentially 80 points with 15 games to play.

Might be better over two though if it leads towards a second promotion.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:26 - Nov 14 with 2705 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

It's the best run we have had ever surely? The last two seasons are like nothing we have seen before in terms of football, goals being scored and winning games.

I really do think we need to be looking at an even longer deal for the manager/coaches because they have been outstanding in how they turned a mid-League One team struggling to put anything together, to a team battling with Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, three recently ex Premiership sides, for promotion to that very league.

Give him 10 years. He will win us trophies if we keep him here.
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:29 - Nov 14 with 2699 viewsDanTheMan

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:23 - Nov 14 by Steve_M

It is incredible and, therefore, when we do revert to something a bit more normal then fans need to realise it isn't a disaster. Most do but obviously there will be exceptions.

Also, what sort of points tally would that achieve over a season? It's essentially 80 points with 15 games to play.

118 points which would be comfortably the best-ever finish. Reading currently holds that with 106 points. Even our current form in the Championship would see us beat the 106.

An insane run.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:36 - Nov 14 with 2638 viewsnorfsufblue

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:26 - Nov 14 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It's the best run we have had ever surely? The last two seasons are like nothing we have seen before in terms of football, goals being scored and winning games.

I really do think we need to be looking at an even longer deal for the manager/coaches because they have been outstanding in how they turned a mid-League One team struggling to put anything together, to a team battling with Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, three recently ex Premiership sides, for promotion to that very league.

Give him 10 years. He will win us trophies if we keep him here.

Agree, a contract extension is vital.. we need to pay him well and make him very expensive to tempt away, that won't stop it happening if he continues to produce results like in the recent past but it will reduce the pool of clubs able to justify it..... I'm sure though GC and Ashton already have plans re this in the offing...
There is no reason however he could not be here well supported by GC for 10 years and be ready and experienced manager of only 47/48 years of age.
I almost want to stick the first tenner in the pot for the "new" statue!
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:38 - Nov 14 with 2621 viewshomer_123

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:36 - Nov 14 by norfsufblue

Agree, a contract extension is vital.. we need to pay him well and make him very expensive to tempt away, that won't stop it happening if he continues to produce results like in the recent past but it will reduce the pool of clubs able to justify it..... I'm sure though GC and Ashton already have plans re this in the offing...
There is no reason however he could not be here well supported by GC for 10 years and be ready and experienced manager of only 47/48 years of age.
I almost want to stick the first tenner in the pot for the "new" statue!

Whilst paying him well is important, the best thing the Club can do to keep KM as long as possible is to continue to invest in the Club/ Team as KM, Ashton and the Team thinks fit.

It's not merely about his pay.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:43 - Nov 14 with 2603 viewsNthQldITFC

'...when we do revert to something a bit more normal then fans need to realise it isn't a disaster.'

Very true, and I find it bloody irritating how quickly one or two genuine fans start using stupid, negative, over-the-top language after (for example) an away draw or two. Of course these are topped up by obvious and not-so-obvious trolls, rivals etc.

I know the ready-to-hand communication technology magnifies the problem a hundredfold, but was there really anything like this sort of angst twenty years ago in a little bad run, let alone a minor blip?

I've had to check out of the chatroom and forum during/after Birmingham/Rotherham, the gods know what it's like on Twitter!

But that's my problem, isn't it? I have to accept that society/technology has gone that way; that ego and look-at-me-ism is the new religion, and I just have to find a way to ignore the stupid ****s!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:43 - Nov 14 with 2598 viewsN2_Blue

Two away draws was apparently a disaster to some.

Even Cheltenham secured a draw with us last season amidst that astonishing end of season form. No doubt if we'd played them at home we'd have won 4 or 5-0. Away games are tough against any oppo! That's what some of fans don't get, Rotherham away is NOT an easy game.

The next 10 games look challenging and i can't see us sustaining this run, but we are clearly good enough in this division to keep picking up enough points at a rate of 1.7 ppg which would be enough for promotion and the home games still look ok.

In that run we have home games v Millwall, Coventry, Norwich and QPR which you'd all hope were winneable (I don't see why we can't beat Leicester either), it's away that is going to be the really big challenge. I'd take draws in any of them i think.

Login to get fewer ads

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:49 - Nov 14 with 2554 viewsN2_Blue

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:38 - Nov 14 by homer_123

Whilst paying him well is important, the best thing the Club can do to keep KM as long as possible is to continue to invest in the Club/ Team as KM, Ashton and the Team thinks fit.

It's not merely about his pay.

Correct. If a bigger club really wants to they can blow our pay out of the water and pay any compensation package whatever his pay over a 5 year contract.

Pay is one small part of it. It's how he feels here, relationship with owners and CEO, chances of success, having resources to achieve what he wants, club moving forward in all directions not just on the pitch. These have all happened which is why clearly Mckenna is loving his time here (not just because of results). And the encouraging thing is from Ashton's and Gamechangers actions, is there is nothing to suggest they won't invest when and where its needed without taking rash and unnecessary gambles that risk the stability of the club.

It's not your problem Qlders on 11:58 - Nov 14 with 2510 viewsDyland

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:43 - Nov 14 by NthQldITFC

'...when we do revert to something a bit more normal then fans need to realise it isn't a disaster.'

Very true, and I find it bloody irritating how quickly one or two genuine fans start using stupid, negative, over-the-top language after (for example) an away draw or two. Of course these are topped up by obvious and not-so-obvious trolls, rivals etc.

I know the ready-to-hand communication technology magnifies the problem a hundredfold, but was there really anything like this sort of angst twenty years ago in a little bad run, let alone a minor blip?

I've had to check out of the chatroom and forum during/after Birmingham/Rotherham, the gods know what it's like on Twitter!

But that's my problem, isn't it? I have to accept that society/technology has gone that way; that ego and look-at-me-ism is the new religion, and I just have to find a way to ignore the stupid ****s!

Rage against it, and all nefarious shills who say it's normal/inevitable/etc. and part of societal progress. It isn't progress, except in a literal sense re short terms profit, sales margins, and ever increasing tech industrial hegemony.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 12:38 - Nov 14 with 2336 viewsPendejo

Our current run of bad form equates to points earned whilst conceding "lots" of goals... It will be end of days reactions when, not if, we lose 2 consecutively.

Until then

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 12:51 - Nov 14 with 2257 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 11:49 - Nov 14 by N2_Blue

Correct. If a bigger club really wants to they can blow our pay out of the water and pay any compensation package whatever his pay over a 5 year contract.

Pay is one small part of it. It's how he feels here, relationship with owners and CEO, chances of success, having resources to achieve what he wants, club moving forward in all directions not just on the pitch. These have all happened which is why clearly Mckenna is loving his time here (not just because of results). And the encouraging thing is from Ashton's and Gamechangers actions, is there is nothing to suggest they won't invest when and where its needed without taking rash and unnecessary gambles that risk the stability of the club.

McKenna should be the clubs long term investment now, above all else, and we need to make it painful for potential poachers to come along, so if the worst did happen we'd have the resources to help the recovery. Can you imagine what he could do here in a decade though?

We'd win trophies. He'd go down as one of the best.
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 16:02 - Nov 14 with 2008 viewspeterleeblue

win / lose to the end of the season and we are on 84 points. Wow just wow!!
We have given ourselves an amazing chance to hit the Premier League Jackpot.
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 1944 viewsN2_Blue

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 16:02 - Nov 14 by peterleeblue

win / lose to the end of the season and we are on 84 points. Wow just wow!!
We have given ourselves an amazing chance to hit the Premier League Jackpot.

Indeed. It's amazing to think a win lose sequence every 2 games would get us with in touching distance of a promotion winning total. I'd back us to win more games than we lose, so unless we suddenly go a bit draw crazy we do have a real chance.

It makes you think it's worth going at every game to win (we do this anyway). But if we're drawing late I'd rather go at and try win than accept a point. Sure we may lose some games we'd get a point from but I think that approach gives us every chance of getting enough wins to secure promotion.

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 17:03 - Nov 14 with 1927 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, this is once-in-a-lifetime stuff, whatever happens from here. This team should be remembered forever.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 22:34 - Nov 14 with 1633 viewsDubtractor

Yep, it is utterly unreal.

The fact that when we concede a goal you almost sense the whole stadium shrugging their shoulders, as we're all confident we'll come back, is just not what I'm used to as an Ipswich fan.

We look perfectly capable of grinding out results away, and often blow teams away at home, only spoiled by our knack of conceding soft goals. Averaging 3 goals a game at home this season, having done the same (or just under) over the whole of last season too, is spoiling us in a way that we've not seen in my lifetime. We had scoring runs under Burley, and were fairly attacking under Royle, but never for this length of time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 22:40 - Nov 14 with 1613 viewsDarkBrandon

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 22:34 - Nov 14 by Dubtractor

Yep, it is utterly unreal.

The fact that when we concede a goal you almost sense the whole stadium shrugging their shoulders, as we're all confident we'll come back, is just not what I'm used to as an Ipswich fan.

We look perfectly capable of grinding out results away, and often blow teams away at home, only spoiled by our knack of conceding soft goals. Averaging 3 goals a game at home this season, having done the same (or just under) over the whole of last season too, is spoiling us in a way that we've not seen in my lifetime. We had scoring runs under Burley, and were fairly attacking under Royle, but never for this length of time.

And even under Burley whilst we played some excellent football, we’d always struggle against the more physical sides. A Birmingham or a Bolton.

We know we have some serious opposition in this league, but there isn’t a problem we don’t think we can solve.
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 08:00 - Nov 15 with 1289 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Unbelievable, and in just a couple of years of new ownership. I think all the improvements off the pitch, proper coaches, medical staff, having a CEO, have been a huge contributor to our success. Coherent player recruitment to fit our style and character, rather than a patchwork quilt of crocks, bad apples, and mercenaries.

It’s evident teams have finally started showing us respect now. No more gung ho opposition trying to get forward, teams have started to sit deeper and employ a high press. I feel we are going to have to grind more results out now, and fans will have to be patient.
Our last 31 league games reads as... on 08:15 - Nov 15 with 1264 viewsHerbivore

It's a ridiculous run of form and despite a slight dip in performance levels over the last block of games (although we were superb against Swansea, a couple of errors aside) we're showing no signs of significantly dropping away from that kind of form. We've got a tough run of games coming up in December and January but if we can maintain our performance levels we will still do well I think, not 2.5 points per game well but I don't think we'll see our form collapse by any means. Think we've shown we have decent depth in most areas now to help us through a crowded programme of fixtures.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 13:06 - Nov 15 with 1098 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Our last 31 league games reads as... on 08:15 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

It's a ridiculous run of form and despite a slight dip in performance levels over the last block of games (although we were superb against Swansea, a couple of errors aside) we're showing no signs of significantly dropping away from that kind of form. We've got a tough run of games coming up in December and January but if we can maintain our performance levels we will still do well I think, not 2.5 points per game well but I don't think we'll see our form collapse by any means. Think we've shown we have decent depth in most areas now to help us through a crowded programme of fixtures.

Indeed, I said this a few weeks ago that the way we play you can just see us getting more positive than negative results whatever else happens. Even when not totally on it, and even bearing in mind that we will obviously lose a few, we have a way of going about things, an ethos, that just works. So unless we somehow stopped doing those things, I don't feel too worried watching us (and won't when we inevitably lose, because we'll just keep on doing the good things again next game). I only think an injury crisis or suspensions to pivotal players like Morsy can hamper us (and even then it's hamper rather than derail).

It's also worth noting that we may not have the best players in the league, but they play so much as a team - or rather a squad - more than I've probably ever seen of us (certainly since Burley's 5th place in the prem team). They've had their roles drilled into them, and they also play with a fair bit of intelligence.

Such a great position to be in as an ITFC fan after many many years of doing the wrong things.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024