Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans 20:23 - Jan 18 with 3850 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 20:25 - Jan 18 with 3379 viewsIllinoisblue

And he was banned for the next four anyway. What a hire that was. Think the vegans need to return to non-league and think about what they’re doing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 3317 viewsMillsTash

Good. Horrible bloke. Hope he doesn’t get anywhere near management or coaching again.
Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 3122 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dale Vince was on Talksport at about 5pm did he mention it?

To be fair, the way Deeney has acted, it was only going to end one way.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Greta Thunberg odds on favourite to take over. (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 3102 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 20:52 - Jan 18 with 3028 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Has Dale Vance gone mad? by Cheltenham_Blue 20 Dec 2023 17:47
needed to "act decisively to improve our performances and league position".......appoints rookie manager with only five months coaching experience.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67772735

Grasping at straws much?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans (n/t) on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 2842 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 20:29 - Jan 18 by MillsTash

Good. Horrible bloke. Hope he doesn’t get anywhere near management or coaching again.

[Post edited 18 Jan 21:14]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:14 - Jan 18 with 2744 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans (n/t) on 21:08 - Jan 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

[Post edited 18 Jan 21:14]

They signed a Man Ure Yoof kid on loan yesterday and Osadebe from Bradford 2 hours ago.
It feels like something happened between Vance and Deeney, possibly Osadebe.

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 2691 viewsGuthrum

That interview the other day didn't bode well.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/inmates-were-running-jail-troy-073000254.html

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:25 - Jan 18 with 2657 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:20 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

That interview the other day didn't bode well.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/inmates-were-running-jail-troy-073000254.html

When I read that, there's a bit about Deeney bringing in nutritionalists.

Immediately thought that won't go down well with Vance as I doubt they'd have been too enamoured with the idea of athletes having vegan diets foisted on them

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:27 - Jan 18 with 2633 viewsBigalhunter

Ever since Rob Edwards left, they’ve been in limbo.
The chairman loves the publicity that his eco-policy has rightly garnered, but he has taken his eye off the football side of things quite spectacularly and made x2 frankly ridiculous managerial appointments.
I’ll always love Forest Green,though, for x2 reasons.
Beating Sheff Weds last season and starting their spectacular implosion.
Live FA cup tie a few years back against that Norwich where the tv mikes clearly picked up, with beautiful clarity, a fan calling Grant Holt a ‘dirty fat cunit’

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 22:38 - Jan 18 with 2227 viewsWacko

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:27 - Jan 18 by Bigalhunter

The chairman loves the publicity that his eco-policy has rightly garnered, but he has taken his eye off the football side of things quite spectacularly and made x2 frankly ridiculous managerial appointments.
Live FA cup tie a few years back against that Norwich where the tv mikes clearly picked up, with beautiful clarity, a fan calling Grant Holt a ‘dirty fat cunit’

I think Duncan Ferguson was a good appointment, just didn't give him enough time

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 22:41 - Jan 18 with 2195 viewsPinewoodblue

Wonder what their beef was

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 22:49 - Jan 18 with 2134 viewsFrimleyBlue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:27 - Jan 18 by Bigalhunter

Also. The way they look after their pitch is just taking the pi s s

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 23:23 - Jan 18 with 2048 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Maybe they should have just given Hannah Dingley the job instead of using her for self promotion and vanity.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 23:34 - Jan 18 with 2014 viewsMatt_Netherlands

To be fair, I’ve heard they are green with envy at some of the money being thrown around in league two. It’s a shame they are rooted to the bottom of the league but at the same time, you reap what you sow when it comes to leadership choices and appointing a completely inexperienced manager at a point of crisis just wasn’t sustainable. Still, maybe they’ll get someone new in which will put new wind in their sails and help them turn over a new leaf.
Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 02:22 - Jan 19 with 1810 viewsMiaow

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 22:41 - Jan 18 by Pinewoodblue

Wonder what their beef was

There wasn’t any.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:09 - Jan 19 with 1623 viewshoppy

Given the chop?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:16 - Jan 19 with 1605 viewsyorkshireblue

A lot is made of the vegan policy.

Not enough is made of the fact they have the biggest air fryer in Europe used to cook their half time chips and pies.
Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:26 - Jan 19 with 1571 viewsHerbivore

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 21:25 - Jan 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

When I read that, there's a bit about Deeney bringing in nutritionalists.

Immediately thought that won't go down well with Vance as I doubt they'd have been too enamoured with the idea of athletes having vegan diets foisted on them

Why? Plenty of athletes eat a plant based diet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:40 - Jan 19 with 1539 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:26 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Why? Plenty of athletes eat a plant based diet.

Yes, but generally by choice.

That's not what goes on at FGR, everything served by the club to players is plant based. If that isn't your long term diet, there is a dip in performance levels until the body acclimatises to the plant based diet, which takes around 30 days.

Given that many players will be eating a fully meat based diet at home, any nutritionalist worth their salt will recommend being fully one or the other, but both is not ideal due to the constantly fluctuating iron intake.

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:48 - Jan 19 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:40 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes, but generally by choice.

That's not what goes on at FGR, everything served by the club to players is plant based. If that isn't your long term diet, there is a dip in performance levels until the body acclimatises to the plant based diet, which takes around 30 days.

Given that many players will be eating a fully meat based diet at home, any nutritionalist worth their salt will recommend being fully one or the other, but both is not ideal due to the constantly fluctuating iron intake.

It didn't seem to do them too much harm when they went from non-league to League 1 in a pretty short space of time. If they are eating plant based food at the club but still eating meat at home, what's the issue? Wouldn't that mean they were eating meat at home most days? Would a nutritionist recommend they have meat at every single meal?

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:03 - Jan 19 with 1481 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 07:48 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

It didn't seem to do them too much harm when they went from non-league to League 1 in a pretty short space of time. If they are eating plant based food at the club but still eating meat at home, what's the issue? Wouldn't that mean they were eating meat at home most days? Would a nutritionist recommend they have meat at every single meal?

Herbs. I don't have an issue with FGR being a vegan club at all. I'm simply saying a nutritionalist coming in to a club in danger of dropping out of the league might do. I'm happy for you to point me at a post where I've directly disagreed with them being a vegan club.

You on the other hand seem unnecessarily grumpy on an internet message board about it this morning.
[Post edited 19 Jan 8:05]

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:19 - Jan 19 with 1400 viewsHerbivore

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:03 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Herbs. I don't have an issue with FGR being a vegan club at all. I'm simply saying a nutritionalist coming in to a club in danger of dropping out of the league might do. I'm happy for you to point me at a post where I've directly disagreed with them being a vegan club.

You on the other hand seem unnecessarily grumpy on an internet message board about it this morning.
[Post edited 19 Jan 8:05]

I was just asking questions, mate.

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:22 - Jan 19 with 1388 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:19 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

I was just asking questions, mate.

Asking questions/fishing for a row.
Same same.

Troy Deeney sacked by the vegans on 08:29 - Jan 19 with 1356 viewstractorboy1978

Has to go down as one of the most bizarre spells in charge of a football club.

6 games
3 points
Players thrown under the bus every week
4 game ban for abusing an official
Pretty well backed with signings
Sacked

He will never get another job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024