Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship table in 7 days time 18:42 - Feb 17 with 3757 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester lose to Leeds Friday evening, Ipswich & Southampton win their two games and only 6 points separate the top four.

Southampton also play away at Leicester before they meet us at Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:47 - Feb 17 with 3367 viewsbackwaywhen

Better stil …..Leicester beat Leeds and Southampton drop points as long as we win both we go second , then it’s in our own hands .
Championship table in 7 days time on 18:49 - Feb 17 with 3337 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leeds will likely be favorites. If Leicester got beat convincingly it would be interesting to see how the next few months shape up tbh, which seems inconceivable but I guess anything can happen. For now though we should be hoping for a Leicester win.
Championship table in 7 days time on 18:50 - Feb 17 with 3309 viewsMK1

Would prefer Leicester to beat Leeds.
Championship table in 7 days time on 18:52 - Feb 17 with 3281 viewsSitfcB

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:50 - Feb 17 by MK1

Would be very good if Leicester beat Leeds and Southampton whilst we carry on winning…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:52 - Feb 17 with 3279 viewssmithy69

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:50 - Feb 17 by MK1

Surely a draw is the result everyone wants
Championship table in 7 days time on 19:00 - Feb 17 with 3201 viewsMK1

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:52 - Feb 17 by smithy69

No. We just need top 2 and Leeds are more catchable points wise.
Championship table in 7 days time on 19:01 - Feb 17 with 3188 viewsPinewoodblue

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:52 - Feb 17 by smithy69

Both teams dropping two points would be the preferred result.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:02 - Feb 17 with 3167 viewssmithy69

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:00 - Feb 17 by MK1

No. We just need top 2 and Leeds are more catchable points wise.

Leicester are catchable
Login to get fewer ads

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:05 - Feb 17 with 3128 viewsgainsboroughblue

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:02 - Feb 17 by smithy69

Leicester are catchable

To be catchable on 78 points with 13 games left is absolutely insane.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:05 - Feb 17 with 3118 viewsDarkBrandon

Leicester are catchable

But not by us
Championship table in 7 days time on 19:06 - Feb 17 with 3103 viewsMK1

Leicester are catchable

No one is uncatchable at the moment, but Leeds have less points at this stage, so are more catchable.
Championship table in 7 days time on 19:12 - Feb 17 with 3010 viewstonybied

Leicester are catchable

Exactly this, just as Wednesday ended up being last year. Whatever happens it's barnstormer of a season and must be riveting for the neutral footie fans watching out there.
Championship table in 7 days time on 19:54 - Feb 17 with 2793 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We want Leicester to bet them and then also Southampton. Either of them beating Leicester isn't good for us.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:59 - Feb 17 with 2748 viewsReusersTown

Championship table in 7 days time on 19:05 - Feb 17 by DarkBrandon

But not by us

Why not?
Championship table in 7 days time on 21:04 - Feb 17 with 2484 viewsReus30

We had this identical conversation about a year ago surrounding Barnsley and Sheff Wed and you are all saying the same thing that was also wrong then.

We want the race to be two positions from 4 teams, not 1 from 3.

Yes ideally a draw will do but lose two games on the spin, will do some serious damage. Leeds are on the same points as us if we win our games in hand so it doesn't matter if they win that, they will drop points eventually. All three teams above us have a trickier handful of games whereas we can try and get the maximum. I think if Leicester get sucked into this, a wobble might come.

We aren't out of this yet, just remember last year. I got a feeling in my tummy.
Championship table in 7 days time on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 2287 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Championship table in 7 days time on 21:04 - Feb 17 by Reus30

We had this identical conversation about a year ago surrounding Barnsley and Sheff Wed and you are all saying the same thing that was also wrong then.

Yes ideally a draw will do but lose two games on the spin, will do some serious damage. Leeds are on the same points as us if we win our games in hand so it doesn't matter if they win that, they will drop points eventually. All three teams above us have a trickier handful of games whereas we can try and get the maximum. I think if Leicester get sucked into this, a wobble might come.

We aren't out of this yet, just remember last year. I got a feeling in my tummy.

Maybe, but you are expecting a team that has lost 5 in 33 to go and lose 3 in 13(at least!) - it'd be such an unlikely swing and they aren't a bad team, even playing badly, a team of that quality will still beat a good chunk of teams in this league. I doubt if they lose two on the spin it will do any damage to them.

I'd much rather they carry on and do the damage to the other teams.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Championship table in 7 days time on 22:13 - Feb 17 with 2156 viewsWestSussexBlue

Championship table in 7 days time on 21:51 - Feb 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Maybe, but you are expecting a team that has lost 5 in 33 to go and lose 3 in 13(at least!) - it'd be such an unlikely swing and they aren't a bad team, even playing badly, a team of that quality will still beat a good chunk of teams in this league. I doubt if they lose two on the spin it will do any damage to them.

Exactly. If Leicester beat both Leeds and Saints and we continue in the form that we are in, we stand a very good chance of finishing Top Two.
Championship table in 7 days time on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2126 viewstextbackup

Championship table in 7 days time on 21:04 - Feb 17 by Reus30

Slight difference being we aren’t talking about teams with Dominic Iorfa in the their defence slipping up this season… it’s premier quality footballers, which is why I’m pretty sure our fate will be decided via the playoffs.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship table in 7 days time on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2126 viewsReus30

Championship table in 7 days time on 21:51 - Feb 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Pressure does funny things, look at last year with Sheff Weds.

I don't think it's plausible when you have a realistic hat on but Leeds beat Leicester, it's 6 points between us and Leicester, 1 point further ahead is Southampton and they play both Leicester, Leeds and ourselves. I am not saying it's possible but I suspect more twists and turns yet.

What I do know, is that we are about to fly up the form table.
Championship table in 7 days time on 22:26 - Feb 17 with 2072 viewsgainsboroughblue

Championship table in 7 days time on 22:17 - Feb 17 by Reus30

Pressure does funny things, look at last year with Sheff Weds.

I don't think it's plausible when you have a realistic hat on but Leeds beat Leicester, it's 6 points between us and Leicester, 1 point further ahead is Southampton and they play both Leicester, Leeds and ourselves. I am not saying it's possible but I suspect more twists and turns yet.

What I do know, is that we are about to fly up the form table.

And the best bit is that nobody is really talking about us anymore. It's almost as if as soon as that points lead was clawed back, we were no longer plausibly able to go up.

I make us outsiders in reality but we are far from finished. Let them write us off, it'll be so sweet if we manage it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Championship table in 7 days time on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 1987 viewsBuffaloBill

Leeds have some very tricky games and early March away at Weds, they are improving (unfortunately)

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Championship table in 7 days time on 23:18 - Feb 17 with 1844 viewsChurchman

Championship table in 7 days time on 18:49 - Feb 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leeds will likely be favorites. If Leicester got beat convincingly it would be interesting to see how the next few months shape up tbh, which seems inconceivable but I guess anything can happen. For now though we should be hoping for a Leicester win.

Let’s face it albeit at a lower level Wednesday looked nailed on for top one last year. Their supporters were already discussing which of our players they should cherry pick. They were promoted on February. And the, oh!

Leicester should do it. They’ve been the best team overall and look a cut above. But there’s a lot of games to play and it’ll be interesting to see how they respond to todays kick in the nuts.
Championship table in 7 days time on 23:44 - Feb 17 with 1752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I fully expect Wednesday to do a Forest Green on Leeds. It is written in the stars.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Championship table in 7 days time on 08:07 - Feb 18 with 1430 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Championship table in 7 days time on 22:17 - Feb 17 by textbackup

Slight difference being we aren’t talking about teams with Dominic Iorfa in the their defence slipping up this season… it’s premier quality footballers, which is why I’m pretty sure our fate will be decided via the playoffs.

I don't think autos are out of the question with our run-in at all. BUT, even if we do finish in the Play-Offs, we will be at home in the 2nd leg. We know that we are best at the end of matches, and being both at home and in extra time, I'd really fancy our chances. Again at Wembley, if it goes to extra time, I'd fancy us.

Poll: would you rather

Championship table in 7 days time on 09:21 - Feb 18 with 1285 viewsElephantintheRoom

If being next season’s Sheffield United floats your boat you need to recognise that the franchise has to get above two of the teams above them. Yesterday they fell a little further behind to the tune of one goal.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024