Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? 07:32 - Jun 23 with 36585 viewsNorthstandoldie

After Phil's request for funniest chant heard this season I was thinking what's the worst chant you've heard?
I think for me if was the IRA chant we sang to Villa fans just after the Birmingham pub bombings in the early 70's... they went berserk (with good reason). Looking back now I'm ashamed to admit I joined in.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 07:45 - Jun 23 with 17658 viewsMoggins

That fashanu one ain't good
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 07:47 - Jun 23 with 17653 viewsEly_Blue

I think some of the racist stuff you used to hear directed at black players in general in the late 70s and early 80s was appalling

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:03 - Jun 23 with 17600 viewstextbackup

Tractor boys make some noise is up there

To be honest anything the section 6 or back row divs at away games song could be included.

Creativity and imagination in our songs are fcking dreadful, and when different ones are made up the 'supporters' on here that don't even go to games slag them off.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:15 - Jun 23 with 17568 viewsThrobbe

That and the Fashanu song are the low points. The Clayton Blackmore chant was pretty poor too.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:19 - Jun 23 with 17554 viewsm14_blue

I was at a non league game at Hyde United around the time that the Shipman murders were coming to light.

The visiting fans little ditty of 'Harold Shipman killed your nan, he hates manc c**ts' seemed a bit beyond the pale.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:22 - Jun 23 with 17539 viewsMJallday

Didn't some scum fans singing about steve wright at our place?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:28 - Jun 23 with 17504 viewsKieran_Knows

For me, its '(insert Town/City name) is a sh*thole, I wanna go home'. One of the most pointless chants, IMHO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:29 - Jun 23 with 17492 viewsm14_blue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:22 - Jun 23 by MJallday

I'm sure Stoke did when we played up there.

Can't remember exactly what but something like 'where's your hookers gone?'

Northern wit at its finest.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:52 - Jun 23 with 17432 viewsIpswichTownNL

Worst I've ever seen is Feyenoord fans at Ajax in the mid Nineties. Louis van Gaal had just lost his first wife to cancer and this game was at the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam (where Town won the UEFA Cup) and 2K Feyenoord fans seated directly behind van Gaal’s dug out tortured him 90 minutes with the most horrific songs such as “Louis lives alone” and way WAY worse.

Still baffles me Ajax players did not walk away from the pitch that day. I hate van Gaal and think he’s a psychopath but really felt for him that day.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:54 - Jun 23 with 17423 viewshype313

Our fans singing disgusting things about Bryan Gunn's deceased Daughter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:18 - Jun 23 with 17343 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:29 - Jun 23 by m14_blue

I'm sure Stoke did when we played up there.

Can't remember exactly what but something like 'where's your hookers gone?'

Northern wit at its finest.

West Brom did similar.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:18 - Jun 23 with 17345 viewstextbackup

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:22 - Jun 23 by MJallday

The same chant as 'Ian Wright Wright wright' but obviously 'steven'

They didn't seem to like the reply of 'Delia was next...' got a bit angry about that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:20 - Jun 23 with 17339 viewsWD19

It's not in the same league as any of the personal stuff already listed, but 'He's one of our own...' is the one that makes me cringe most.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:24 - Jun 23 with 17317 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:20 - Jun 23 by WD19

It's not in the same league as any of the personal stuff already listed, but 'He's one of our own...' is the one that makes me cringe most.

Ridiculous chant and makes no sense unless sung to somebody who has played for you for 20 years.

Hilarious when Kane leaves Spurs.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:28 - Jun 23 with 17291 viewsITFC_Forever

Worst and bad taste are two different things.

Bad taste would be the racist stuff from the 80s, the Fashanu song etc.

Worst is most of the drivel that Section 6 pinch from other clubs and badly try to adapt for us.
xxxxx is a shtihole, I want to go home
xxxxx is one of our own
Tractor Boys, we gonna make some noise
We love you, we love you, we love you

Going back a few years, the Mowbray song was ruined by idiots adding a little ditty at the end instead of simply starting the song at the beginning again - just as it caught on, it was stopped in its prime.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 17282 viewsbluelagos

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:54 - Jun 23 by hype313

Our fans singing disgusting things about Bryan Gunn's deceased Daughter.

Bloke kept on shouting out interrupting the panellists. DR asked him a couple of times to pipe down, to no avail.

Only good thing about him was when asked to leave, he did so quickly and quietly.

He was a Corbyn fan, from an earlier contribution, but his shouting couldn't be made out over the TV.

All a bit pathetic really, behaving like a 16 year old debating student. Plus he had a man bag.

Edit: Supposed to be for the QT thread. Not sure what happened.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:32]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:34 - Jun 23 with 17267 viewsjontysnut

Leeds fans singing Bradford's burning down after a chip van was set alight at Odsal stadium where Bradford were playing while Valley Parade was being rebuilt after the fire
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:36 - Jun 23 with 17250 viewsitfcjoe

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:24 - Jun 23 by PrideOfTheEast

Ridiculous chant and makes no sense unless sung to somebody who has played for you for 20 years.

Hilarious when Kane leaves Spurs.

I don't see main problem with it, when players have come through system they do tend to always have much more of an affinity to the club - especially if they are from the local area.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:40 - Jun 23 with 17229 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:18 - Jun 23 by textbackup

The same chant as 'Ian Wright Wright wright' but obviously 'steven'

They didn't seem to like the reply of 'Delia was next...' got a bit angry about that

"Sing your hearts out for the lads" has always struck me as one of the most generic, pointless chants I've heard.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:41 - Jun 23 with 17225 viewsITFC_Forever

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:36 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

I don't see main problem with it, when players have come through system they do tend to always have much more of an affinity to the club - especially if they are from the local area.

Lukey Hyam though is a case of awful crow-barring a name where it doesn't fit.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:08 - Jun 23 with 17149 viewsuefacup81

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:41 - Jun 23 by ITFC_Forever

Lukey Hyam though is a case of awful crow-barring a name where it doesn't fit.

Or even a case of crow-barring a name in where his normal name will still work!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:32 - Jun 23 with 17082 viewsHarryWright

A lot of these answers simply say 'I don't like any of our chants'.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:38 - Jun 23 with 17064 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

"Loyal supporters".

Pointless really, isn't it...
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:46 - Jun 23 with 17037 viewsNW10_Tractor

I heard one where people were singing Yankee Doodle.... Didn't like that one!

But quite like the "2 Unlimited" version to Mick McCarthy... Always makes me smile.

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:55 - Jun 23 with 17014 viewsSwailsey

The Justin Fashanu is the worst I've heard. It manages to insult homosexuals and mental health disorders in one quick swoop - lovely.

The Saville ones are just dumb and the amount of times "you've never won fcuk all" is directed at teams who have one quite a lot, is shocking.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024