Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the most qualified football expert on here? 18:25 - Sep 11 with 9811 viewstextbackup

As in terms of badges you've gained etc?

No BSing either as it's pointless

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:55 - Sep 11 with 3663 viewsDinnernotTea

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:22 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

I think it was the best part of a grand and that was a few years ago, not sure as I didn't pay. I did enjoy it to be fair, especially the practical elements. The A license is even more pricey but B is enough generally to get into coaching a decent standard / academy etc. Did it in Greenwich, not sure if there were other options but that's where Charlton sent me.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 21:24]

Do you now use it in your job or earn any sort of wage out of it? I've always wanted to do them but afraid the eventual outlay of well over £1,000 won't actually mean much if you aren't already within a club. Naive probably but is it more of £1,000 for a hobby and to say 'I've done that'?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:56 - Sep 11 with 3660 viewsRobTheMonk

Helped out with a local under 16 team a while back. My mate was the coach as such, but I knew a lot of the kids as they were at the school I worked at. They did pretty well. Did lots of passing drills with them. Quite a few of them went on to the senior team which are now in the local premier league (5 divs). The senior team always get complimented on being a good passing team. I think I might do some badges somewhere down the line.
Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 22:08 - Sep 11 with 3641 viewsclive_baker

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:55 - Sep 11 by DinnernotTea

Do you now use it in your job or earn any sort of wage out of it? I've always wanted to do them but afraid the eventual outlay of well over £1,000 won't actually mean much if you aren't already within a club. Naive probably but is it more of £1,000 for a hobby and to say 'I've done that'?

No I don't use any of it day to day, I work in finance haha. I could, but choose not to because my job is quite demanding and my fiancé is a nurse so it's hard enough to get time together at the best of times. I only went into it as I had nasty injuries that ended my playing career at 26 so it felt natural. I've coached at Charlton and have considered in the past pursuing it further as management really would appeal to me, I just can't really commit to it and can't afford to give up a decent job. And you're right, the qualifications needs to be complimented with experience really if you're going to use it for work. Personally I would say to anyone get the experience first at a lesser standard, good amateur level for example even on a voluntary basis, and then if you're enjoying it your could always look into the quals to take a step up into paid coaching with a bit of experience on the football CV.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 22:22 - Sep 11 with 3624 viewsDubtractor

I got my community sports leadership award in 1994 and coached a Woodbridge Youths team between 93 and 97. They started off being rubbish, and reached the heights of mediocrity by the time I moved on.

I suspect I'm a bit out of date on coaching techniques but it got to count for something?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 23:26 - Sep 11 with 3588 viewsFixed_It

I passed my Cycling Proficiency some years ago.

Mick in!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 00:14 - Sep 12 with 3570 viewsFreddies_Ears

MSc in Sport Management and the Business of Football. Covered everything bar the playing stuff, so included organisation, finance, regulation, off-field management, sport marketing, etc. Absolutely brilliant degree, done part-time at Birkbeck College, London, fitted in around a full-on day job.

I did it as a "mature" student. Most were straight out of uni, and went on to work for FIFA, UEFA, leading clubs, F1 teams, etc. A bit more glamorous than my long-term day job!
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 7:40]
on 00:31 - Sep 12 with 3557 views_

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:20 - Sep 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Your grassroots club should pay for a large chunk of it.

Assuming you're with a club?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 04:25 - Sep 12 with 3520 viewsCurrie10

Badges gained, zero.
Play on a Sat / Sunday, check.

Though the most I've gained in respect to learning about footy is the few games ( maybe 6/7) I have refereed over time.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 05:25 - Sep 12 with 3507 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Football Manager 2015: I took Ipswich from the Championship to Premiership and came 5th in Premier League in 2020 WITHOUT cheating. Seriously. Did it by signing players like Luke Freeman and Matt Smith.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 05:27 - Sep 12 with 3505 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 05:25 - Sep 12 by BrettenhamBlue

Football Manager 2015: I took Ipswich from the Championship to Premiership and came 5th in Premier League in 2020 WITHOUT cheating. Seriously. Did it by signing players like Luke Freeman and Matt Smith.

(But I also took Norwich over Norwich and got them relegated to the Vanarama North or South). Didn't mean to. Honest.

MMcCarthyisaGod

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 05:28 - Sep 12 with 3504 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 05:27 - Sep 12 by BrettenhamBlue

(But I also took Norwich over Norwich and got them relegated to the Vanarama North or South). Didn't mean to. Honest.

Should say took over Norwich.

MMcCarthyisaGod

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 07:02 - Sep 12 with 3476 viewsMaySixth

Me

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 07:04 - Sep 12 with 3476 viewsWallingford_Boy

on 00:31 - Sep 12 by _

I miss playing like mad, but really do get so much out of coaching.

My team got a last minute winner on Sunday and it felt like Ipswich had got a late win, I find myself thinking about and planning training/matchday tactics, etc far too much though.

It does sort of takeover your life.

God knows what it must be like for a pro manager!

RIP Sir Bobby

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 07:28 - Sep 12 with 3454 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 18:42 - Sep 11 by vapour_trail

Don't Mach and Bully both coach local teams?

I was one of the coaches for my son's team in the youth league from the age of 11 to 16. We won promotion to the A League in 2014 and won 2 cups in 2014 and 2015. The club offered to put me through for my badges but I could never find the time.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 9:55]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 09:12 - Sep 12 with 3412 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 21:18 - Sep 11 by Wallingford_Boy

I work part time for Oxford Utd, only have FA level 2, but starting UEFA B early next year.

Currently coach two other teams as well as stuff for Oxford.

Programme seller?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 09:21 - Sep 12 with 3403 viewsartsbossbeard

Level 2 with some Tesco/McDonalds Youth coaching stuff too (the latter two the most enjoyable of all, really).

Starting UEFA badges in Jan next year, well, I've signed up for it but I'm not sure I've got the commitment level required, so may well back out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 18:30 - Sep 12 with 3295 viewsRyorry

on 00:31 - Sep 12 by _

Fantstic, well done your mate!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who's the most qualified football expert on here? on 18:57 - Sep 12 with 3275 viewssolemio

I passed my MCC Cricket Youth Coaching Award in 1965. It was taken by SA Test cricketer 'Pom Pom' Fellows-Smith. Great name.
The wonderful England cricketer Rachel Heyhoe-Flint came one time to help.
'Pom Pom' asked her if she wore a box when batting. She replied that she wore a manhole cover.

What do you mean? Nothing to do with this thread? When has that ever mattered?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024