Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU negotiations are a joke 13:07 - Oct 12 with 33230 viewsBlueRaider

No EU concessions, warns Barnier

Concluding his remarks, Barnier warns the EU won't be making concessions during future negotiations.

This is what has been said, if this is the case their whole basis for negotiation is that they have a position and aren't budging and just want us to roll over and pay the divorce bill.

Therefore it is not a negotiation, just a waste of time !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

EU negotiations are a joke on 20:10 - Oct 13 with 5663 viewshampstead_blue

EU negotiations are a joke on 10:10 - Oct 13 by No9

It would help if we had competent professional negotiators instead of squabbling children on our side.
The people making negative remarks about Brexit are those who want to leave. Despite having had nearly 18 months to prepare to leave they have done nothing.
On the other hand the EU has set out its stall and appointed professionals to do a job the 'Brexiteers' said was easy.
Would anyone in their right mind trust Davis, Johnson, Fox with even a 5p piece?

David Davis is a tough cookie. Not to be messed with.

A lot of what we read and people read has come from the EU's propaganda machine.

I agree that Fox isn't a political heavyweight.

Davis is tough and should not be taken lightly.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:29 - Oct 13 with 5637 viewscaught-in-limbo

EU negotiations are a joke on 15:12 - Oct 13 by Darth_Koont

You were much too polite in your response, I thought.

The EU Commission is an administration with some devolved power so that agreed policies can be acted on. Still controlled by the member states voting both in terms of policy direction and ratification of legislation.

The EU as a power unto itself is one of the greatest lies ever told by our mostly xenophobic press, swallowed by a largely gullible population and then exploited for personal and party political ambitions by our shameless politicians and government.

"The EU as a power unto itself is one of the greatest lies ever told by our mostly xenophobic press, swallowed by a largely gullible population and then exploited for personal and party political ambitions by our shameless politicians and government."

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

EU negotiations are a joke on 08:16 - Oct 14 with 5578 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke on 20:10 - Oct 13 by hampstead_blue

David Davis is a tough cookie. Not to be messed with.

A lot of what we read and people read has come from the EU's propaganda machine.

I agree that Fox isn't a political heavyweight.

Davis is tough and should not be taken lightly.

Davis is a complete plonker

The EU propoganda machine is an innocent child in comparison with the DM/DT

By allowing Fox to have a ministerial box the tories are taking the pi$$ out of the taxpayer
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 08:34 - Oct 14 with 5570 viewsGeoffSentence

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:27 - Oct 12 by Bent_double

>We are the ones leaving, why should the EU make any concessions?

Because it's supposed to be a negotiation?

I was/am a remainer, but to be honest, I'm getting pretty fed-up with Germanys - sorry, the EUs attitude towards us now. They just want to punish us for leaving their comfortable little club, mainly because of the huge hole it will leave in their finances.

Of course they don't want others to leave after the UK does, so will want to make it as uncomfortable as possible for us, but they really shouldn't keep treating us like naughty school children who have been hauled up infront of the headmaster.

Same here, I was a convinced remained but their attitude towards the talks, which seem to be little more than an effort to pick our pockets, has got right up my nose. If there was a second referendum now I would not be at all surprised if it was a my h more convincing out vote thanks to the sterling work of Barnier and Juncker.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 8:38]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 08:47 - Oct 14 with 5560 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 08:34 - Oct 14 by GeoffSentence

Same here, I was a convinced remained but their attitude towards the talks, which seem to be little more than an effort to pick our pockets, has got right up my nose. If there was a second referendum now I would not be at all surprised if it was a my h more convincing out vote thanks to the sterling work of Barnier and Juncker.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 8:38]

They're sticking to a timetable we agreed to and they're representing the interests of the EU and its members, what do you expect from them? To bow down and grant us our every wish? We chose unilaterally to leave the EU, we should take the consequences of that and not expect any favours. Nobody else is going to be looking out for our interests when we leave the EU so this is a great opportunity for us to get used to pitching for the interests of an isolated island nation to people who don't need us as much as we need them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 9:02]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:00 - Oct 14 with 5550 viewsm14_blue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 08:47 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

They're sticking to a timetable we agreed to and they're representing the interests of the EU and its members, what do you expect from them? To bow down and grant us our every wish? We chose unilaterally to leave the EU, we should take the consequences of that and not expect any favours. Nobody else is going to be looking out for our interests when we leave the EU so this is a great opportunity for us to get used to pitching for the interests of an isolated island nation to people who don't need us as much as we need them.

Exactly.

Yes, they've been intractable and difficult but they're doing their job. They didn't want Brexit but now it's happened their job is to get the best possible deal for their citizens, not pander to the British.

The problem is that our negotiators seem so absolutely clueless and pathetic that it makes the EU look like playground bullies.
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:05 - Oct 14 with 5541 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:00 - Oct 14 by m14_blue

Exactly.

Yes, they've been intractable and difficult but they're doing their job. They didn't want Brexit but now it's happened their job is to get the best possible deal for their citizens, not pander to the British.

The problem is that our negotiators seem so absolutely clueless and pathetic that it makes the EU look like playground bullies.

Yep, it's not the EU's fault that they are much more competent negotiators than the shower we've sent over to represent us. We don't even really seem to know what we want, which is a pretty basic starting point for any negotiations. The EU have a much greater clarity of purpose and that's why it's making us look silly thus far. The portrayal in the media is somewhat typical, they should be highlighting how symbolic we are rather than crying off over the EU playing hardball.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:07 - Oct 14 with 5535 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:05 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Yep, it's not the EU's fault that they are much more competent negotiators than the shower we've sent over to represent us. We don't even really seem to know what we want, which is a pretty basic starting point for any negotiations. The EU have a much greater clarity of purpose and that's why it's making us look silly thus far. The portrayal in the media is somewhat typical, they should be highlighting how symbolic we are rather than crying off over the EU playing hardball.

Do you ever have a positive word to say about our country?

It seems you take the side of the EU on every thread related to this subject. Every time I see one of your posts I want a second referendum so I can’t vote leave all over again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:10 - Oct 14 with 5534 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:07 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

It seems you take the side of the EU on every thread related to this subject. Every time I see one of your posts I want a second referendum so I can’t vote leave all over again.

Sorry Glassers, let me dust off my Union Jack suit and get all misty eyed over good old Queen Liz. That's what Brexit Britain should look like, right?

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:14 - Oct 14 with 5526 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:10 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Sorry Glassers, let me dust off my Union Jack suit and get all misty eyed over good old Queen Liz. That's what Brexit Britain should look like, right?

See. You just don’t get it.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:15 - Oct 14 with 5525 viewsDanTheMan

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:07 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I mean you do the same the other way round.

Along with everyone else who voted. I know very, very few people who have changed their mind.

I'm just waiting for some real actual answers about what the hell we're going to do when we leave but we've got nowhere near that stage yet.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 14 with 5510 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:15 - Oct 14 by DanTheMan

I mean you do the same the other way round.

Along with everyone else who voted. I know very, very few people who have changed their mind.

I'm just waiting for some real actual answers about what the hell we're going to do when we leave but we've got nowhere near that stage yet.

Yes. Heaven forbid I support my own country first and want an outcome outside of the EU that is best for the UK. What a bizarre notion eh?

As for your final sentence. We proposed negotiations to map out exactly what you are asking for alongside the current talks but the EU say the divorce bill has to be agreed first.

I would be in favour of all the papers of the discussions being released by both the UK and the EU so we can see who is stalling and being unreasonable.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:25 - Oct 14 with 5505 viewsDanTheMan

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. Heaven forbid I support my own country first and want an outcome outside of the EU that is best for the UK. What a bizarre notion eh?

As for your final sentence. We proposed negotiations to map out exactly what you are asking for alongside the current talks but the EU say the divorce bill has to be agreed first.

I would be in favour of all the papers of the discussions being released by both the UK and the EU so we can see who is stalling and being unreasonable.

Oh for god sakes, see your first sentence is the problem. If I say anything against Brexit I'm not supporting my country.

No point even bothering talking to you about this.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:26 - Oct 14 with 5502 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 08:47 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Good points, while our Brexiteers squabble & dither the EU has 27 other nations sining off the same hymn sheet.
They all understand the UK wishes to leave he EU & are not standing in the UK's way of leaving.
The tories just haven't understood what leave means.
EU negotiations are a joke on 09:29 - Oct 14 with 5501 viewsPinewoodblue

The original post hit the nail on the head. The EU negotiators have nothing to give away their hands are tied by the instructions they have, there is no room for negotiation. Only on TWTD could this stretch to or more pages.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:31 - Oct 14 with 5496 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

You still haven't understood the UK has voted to leave the EU - yes?
The EU are doing nothing to prevent the UK leaving the EU - correct?
The agenda was agreed months ago - yes?
You can rad the minutes of meeting on the EU website.
The tories are still fighting, not knowing whether their @rses are punched, bored or countersunk.
Now knowone kow who is leadign - Mr Davis thinks he is until Mrs May speaks - everyone has a different idea

This is NOT a UK problem this is a tory problem and frankly, they should bare the cost for their incompetence
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:38 - Oct 14 with 5488 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:25 - Oct 14 by DanTheMan

Oh for god sakes, see your first sentence is the problem. If I say anything against Brexit I'm not supporting my country.

IN reality it is those who voted leave because of the big money coming in from overseas who are the real problem not this who want to stay.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/peter-geoghegan-adam-ramsay/you-aren-t-allowed-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/robert-mercer-breitbart-war-on-

Who says this is a democracy when this sort of thing happens?
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:41 - Oct 14 with 5486 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:14 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

See. You just don’t get it.

Sorry, perhaps i need you to instruct me on the precise way I should 'get behind my country', oh wise one.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:53 - Oct 14 with 5464 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:25 - Oct 14 by DanTheMan

I think you have misunderstood what I said. I never mentioned you saying anything against Brexit.

I said Herbie always takes the side of the EU against the UK. You said I do the same the other way around. My reply was “Heaven forbid I support my own country first and want an outcome outside of the EU that is best for the UK.“

You or your views weren’t being discussed

People are perfectly entitled to speak out against Brexit. It could be unmintigated disaster. I could be entirely wrong.

My comment was on Herbie constantly taking the EU side and running down the UK at every opportunity.

There are plenty of remainers on here that criticise the way the EU is conducting the negotiations just as there are leavers like myself who criticise the UK’s position when it is unreasonable.

A perfect example is Phil Hammond calling the EU the enemy. He should be sacked for that. If junker did the same there are staunch remainers who would excuse his language.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 9:56]

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:56 - Oct 14 with 5460 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:53 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I think you have misunderstood what I said. I never mentioned you saying anything against Brexit.

I said Herbie always takes the side of the EU against the UK. You said I do the same the other way around. My reply was “Heaven forbid I support my own country first and want an outcome outside of the EU that is best for the UK.“

You or your views weren’t being discussed

People are perfectly entitled to speak out against Brexit. It could be unmintigated disaster. I could be entirely wrong.

My comment was on Herbie constantly taking the EU side and running down the UK at every opportunity.

There are plenty of remainers on here that criticise the way the EU is conducting the negotiations just as there are leavers like myself who criticise the UK’s position when it is unreasonable.

A perfect example is Phil Hammond calling the EU the enemy. He should be sacked for that. If junker did the same there are staunch remainers who would excuse his language.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 9:56]

I'm running down our negotiators, not the whole of the UK. We have a shambolic mess of a Tory government steering Brexit, pointing that out does not make me anti-British.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:02 - Oct 14 with 5453 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 09:56 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

I'm running down our negotiators, not the whole of the UK. We have a shambolic mess of a Tory government steering Brexit, pointing that out does not make me anti-British.

I see. It’s an anti Tory thing. If It was a Labour government, who change their position on Brexit more times in a week (some times in a day) than some people change their socks, you’d be fully behind our negotiating stance and highly critical of the EU’s intransigence.

Can I ask exactly what you find fault with in our negotiating team? Not the personalities. The negotiating position. Why are you running them down?

And I didn’t say you were anti British. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 10:04]

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:06 - Oct 14 with 5451 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:02 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I see. It’s an anti Tory thing. If It was a Labour government, who change their position on Brexit more times in a week (some times in a day) than some people change their socks, you’d be fully behind our negotiating stance and highly critical of the EU’s intransigence.

Can I ask exactly what you find fault with in our negotiating team? Not the personalities. The negotiating position. Why are you running them down?

And I didn’t say you were anti British. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 10:04]

You implied it, Glassers. Nice swerve attempt though.

Not sure why you're even bringing Labour into this, they weren't in favour of a referendum in the first place as they didn't want to jeopardise the country's future to win some votes back from UKIP and to appease the rabid fringe of their own party. If Labour had won in 2015 we would have avoided the shambles. Brexit is a Tory party problem, they created it and thus far they're doing a pretty poor job of making the best of it. Your response of 'yeah but Labour' is your usual whataboutery.

Do you think the Tories are doing a good job of negotiating a good Brexit deal?

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 14 with 5441 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:06 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

You implied it, Glassers. Nice swerve attempt though.

Not sure why you're even bringing Labour into this, they weren't in favour of a referendum in the first place as they didn't want to jeopardise the country's future to win some votes back from UKIP and to appease the rabid fringe of their own party. If Labour had won in 2015 we would have avoided the shambles. Brexit is a Tory party problem, they created it and thus far they're doing a pretty poor job of making the best of it. Your response of 'yeah but Labour' is your usual whataboutery.

Do you think the Tories are doing a good job of negotiating a good Brexit deal?

What did I swerve? I never said you were an anti British.

As for your question. I don’t think either of can judge whether they are doing a good job negotiating a Brexit deal as we aren’t privy to those discussions. But even the Guardian ate starting to critique the EU negotiators over their stance. Particularly those on citizens rights which they EU are stalling on.

But of course a Brexit deal isn’t being negotiated is it! The EU have stated that these negotiations will not start until the dicpvorce bill has been agreed. France and Germany seem to be holding out for as high a bill as possible as they are the two countries who will have to pick up the slack financially when we leave.

Now what is it you believe our negotiators are doing wrong that justifies you running them down? I note you Swerved that question in your reply.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 10:17]

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:26 - Oct 14 with 5430 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

As for your question. I don’t think either of can judge whether they are doing a good job negotiating a Brexit deal as we aren’t privy to those discussions. But even the Guardian ate starting to critique the EU negotiators over their stance. Particularly those on citizens rights which they EU are stalling on.

But of course a Brexit deal isn’t being negotiated is it! The EU have stated that these negotiations will not start until the dicpvorce bill has been agreed. France and Germany seem to be holding out for as high a bill as possible as they are the two countries who will have to pick up the slack financially when we leave.

Now what is it you believe our negotiators are doing wrong that justifies you running them down? I note you Swerved that question in your reply.

You edited your post to add the question, Glassers. Another swerve attempt it seems.

The negotiators are making little headway it seems and our stance on Brexit appears to be characterised by uncertainty. What is it we actually want from Brexit? I don't think anyone knows, other than that it should be red, white and blue and the best deal possible. The government have no authority, they're propped up by the DUP in order to form a working government. They've created a situation where people from within and outside the party can hold them to ransom and their own position is too precarious to do anything about it. How can you negotiate effectively from a position that lacks both clarity and authority? You can't. Even if they were less shambolic, what does a good Brexit deal even look like? We seem clueless.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:27 - Oct 14 with 5428 viewsbluejacko

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

There really isnt much point in stating your point as there are far to many on here who think that whatever we do is wrong yet the EU can do no wrong!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024